• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: Released. See the new thread up top in the sticky section ^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyless

Smash Master
If you get time to answer, what tweaks to peach? (I'd guess from the recent stream that grabbing the ledge even while facing away is one...)
I completely forgot about that. I'll have to check into how her edge grabbing works and see if I can fix it.

As far as tweaks go...
Misc:
-Peach now has two floats (need to put a space between them) instead of one. She regains her second float in the exact same ways she gets her first, with exception of water landing, which I decided to leave it so she only gets one float (to prevent water camping).
-Peach's fast walk (her skip) has hearts on her feet.
-Replaced down-taunt facing left with victory pose of her looking like she's praying or something (Win2). Both down-taunts use the "Peachy" sfx.

Specials:
-Neutral Special (Toad): Toad can be canceled (on hit) almost immediately into anything. Currently, it only works on the ground, but it will work in the air too.
-Side Special (Peach Bomber): Can be cancel after the initial pull back with anything but another special. This means it can either give a major momentum boost if used with a float or aerial, or jump/dodge canceled if you want. It can lead to some serious mindgames if you can master its physics, and makes her completely unpredictable.
-Down Special (Vegetable): No changes. Had a change early on to make it so she throws immediately (was a glitch, thought it was interesting), but I took it out because not I nor anyone else really liked it.
-Up Special (Parasol): Increased speed of opening the parasol, making it possible to juggle opponents with the parasol again. There should be reduced landing lag, but the frame speed modification I put on the landing lag didn't improve it enough, so I'll be making it even faster.

Aerial Attacks (almost all the same):
-Down Aerial: now has hearts attached to her kicks. Graphics aren't currently synced perfectly, which will be fixed. Also, will be interruptable after the third kick.
-Back Aerial: No changes currently, plan to reduce endlag slightly though.

Ground Attacks (ones that have changed):
-Forward Smash: Currently set to tilted up be a pan, tilted down be the racket, and no tilt be the club. Might change it so tilted down be the club, and no tilt be normal randomized, but with the Parasol included in the randomization. Also, increased knockback growth for all weapons by 6, I believe.
-Down Smash: Currently has a weak windbox on all 4 hits, no change to damage or KB. Going to be fixed so the windboxes work properly (suck people towards Peach), and remove the windbox on the last hit so it can knockback fairly well.
-Forward Tilt: Increase in knockback growth.

Grab Actions:
-Pummel: SFX of "hi!" is played every pummel.
-Forward Throw: Slow-mo while she "winds up", and sfx of "this is fun!" plays during windup. Increased knockback growth.
-Down Throw: Currently unchanged. Will be lowering the trajectory to prevent easier chain grabs against people who do not DI.

Things I still need to add to her:
-Up Throw: increase knockback growth very slightly.
-Down Smash: Make windboxes work correctly (stealing from Bowser's most likely), increase knockback growth on final hit.
-Back Aerial: Decrease endlag.
-Down Aerial: Make interruptable after 3rd hit.
-Misc: Correctly sync right-facing down-taunt, graphics on down aerial.

Crystalorbie

Smash Cadet
Buckeye, AZ---Northern Arizona University
Hmm... how would the parasol work for the forward smash?

There's only two things I can think of for it... one I mentioned in the Peach character forums (which, if I recall correctly, you both did not like and it would be borrowing/stealing from "umbrella peach") or be like in SMRPG, where she swings it downwards while closed, then pops it open for more damage (which here would be an extra hit, I guess...)

Xyless

Smash Master
Hmm... how would the parasol work for the forward smash?

There's only two things I can think of for it... one I mentioned in the Peach character forums (which, if I recall correctly, you both did not like and it would be borrowing/stealing from "umbrella peach") or be like in SMRPG, where she swings it downwards while closed, then pops it open for more damage (which here would be an extra hit, I guess...)
I was thinking of making it act like the Melee parasol item attack, if I did add it.

Xyless

Smash Master
Check the site, there will be no spoonfedding and everyone in the world should have learned by now.
The site doesn't have an updated changelist.

EDIT: And to respond to the Marth question, his tipper size has increased, and his uncharged neutral special gives him the momentum push that the fully charged special gave in vBrawl. Also a couple of his throws are able to chain into fsmash. His jab is extremely rapidfire if held down (great to edgeguard...and to fight CPUs). He's also a combo machine.

NNID
Budget_Player
Is ROB so good in B- that BPC has abandoned his Ganon main avatar?
IIRC it went like this (excluding very short changes):
Ganon > Snake for a ****ing long time (until I found B+) > Ganon > CF > Snake again > CF again > ROB... Haven't been ganon for a while. He's a main, but I really ****ing **** with ROB. He's also probably my favorite B- character... Pika is also on that list, then ganon probably third.

Also, Gard, unless you main ganon in vBrawl and actually enjoy not having options at all, you will love B- ganon.

Gardevior

Smash Lord
Lawl, enjoy having no options. I don't play vBrawl Ganon unless people play heavies I can just bait and then stomp over and over again. (Then die because I'm Ganon. The stomps are worth it)

I've always wanted to play Ganondorf in 64, so I imagine it'll be like that, but better. Sort of like how B+ Ganon is "better" than Melee Ganon, but can't wavedash/land for extra goodness.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
I'm probably missing something, so i apologize if I am.

But where can i get it? I see nothing on the site except them saying it isn't released yet... are all you guys just beta testers?

NNID
Budget_Player
There were prealpha builds released. Those have been taken down from the site until the real alpha is released (which should come out soon!).
Thank you. I was too busy being overwhelmed by "HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" that I couldn't respond.

Guys, alpha soon means "We will have a downloadable alpha release soon."

People playing it and giving feedback are either on the alpha testing team or got it from somewhere else.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
To the current topic title:

Promises, promises.

"You're too slow!"

...Well you are. ¦D

/not really

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Ah, sorry boot that. I thought perhaps you guys were lax in updating or i was on a wrong site.

I suppose in my haste to play this amazing game, i got impatient.

Actually glad it isn't out yet, i want to have the advantage of being one of the first to play it/have more time to get good with it.

Any time-frame of when it should be released, weeks, months, maybe a year or two?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom