• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: Released. See the new thread up top in the sticky section ^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
Replace Ike's fully charged Eruption yell with "You'll get no sympathy from me". Or better yet, make his D-Taunt (that is the one where he throws his sword in the ground right?) a weak spike and have him say that if it connects.

NNID
Budget_Player
My crew and i are about to play brawl- for a couple hours. Im sure ill have quality replays by the end of the night. Lol i wish peach was playable though!!!
Peach is playable. Just really ****ing stupid. Similar problem to the first pika build. Fair kills around 40, bair kills around 70, fsmash kills early 60s, etc.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
OK

I got some pretty good replays from this weekend:

Some 0-deaths with Yoshi, including a ridiculous dash-attack lock into an Fair spike (dash attack ftw)
Some 0-deaths with Luigi, or at least some very epic gimping
Other funny things.

I DIDN'T get chance to get my friend to record them, so will someone be happy for me to send them the replays, the codeset and stages I used and the fighter PACs? One of the fights was on Tabuu's stage I think.

Also, Ganon is IMMENSE. :]

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
I'm away from my Wii until tomorrow, but I've been saving some replies in the hopes of getting them online for you guys. Unfortunately I don't think my Dazzle is working... I'll see if I can get it so I can get some combo video material up.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
...dash attack is unchanged from vbrawl o.o
I know, but after a certain amount of damage it's possible to (literally) combo his dash attack into another, and so on, without the opponent being able to do anything (no teching!)

I got so much hype when I did it, though. :T

Coney

Smash Master
i have some really good combos of GIMR and i playing this earlier today, my luigi against his wario. i can upload those soon if you guys want, and you can put it in your compilation :O

also, i hate to say this, but as fun as luigi is, his dtaunt is broken. and not in a fun way; he has infinite invinciblity if he just continues to use dtaunt over and over. i know your intention isn't to make anything completely game-breaking, so this is kinda a silly oversight. otherwise, everything's good!

K.Mac

Smash Lord
Luigi's taunt was in need of a fix, lol.
Well the Luigi you sent me has invincibility frames only half-way through, so he's probably spot-on now.

I also think (unless I'm playing him wrong) that Falco is decent now too. His throws are no longer stupid (as I remember them being) and I was able to have virtually even matches against a friend who I know for a fact is pretty much 50/50 with me in brawl and on brawl+. He uses Luigi too. lol. so he knows how to play Weegee

Lucario does need more killing power though. None of his smashes are good enough for KOs at decent percents... I played a Lucario who (very literally) spent about 7 out of the 8 minutes in the air, using the UpB + aerial thing to camp. lol

Random feedback. I still need someone to agree to let me send them my replays to record and upload ... unless you want me to use my phone. My phone is terrible quality.

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
Is there a way to G&W's grab range higher? His grab range still sucks the big one.

NNID
Budget_Player
Heh, that's what I get for not keeping up on the changes to my own character... :p
Lol. IIRC someone busted Ike up real nice. Whaddaya think of my changes to ROB, Wavedash and all? :3

Is there a way to G&W's grab range higher? His grab range still sucks the big one.
Maybe? He has a very potent throw game now though...

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Maybe a parameter in the catch collision controls size.

Anyway, I'm making an update of my Snake pac, but can't upload it until tonight.. :(

Anyway, here is a changelist from the last DL I put up.
Code:
Jab 1 and 2 sped up by 1.5
Fsmash given 3 explosion waves horizontal
Nair and Dair sped up to 1.5
Bair AC window inserted earlier
Fair can now grab ledges during windup
Uthrow retooled to almost guaranteed lead to a utilt
Grenade Summon - When Snake presses B when there are 2 grenades out, he will teleport the newer grenade back to his hand. This does not alter the timer.
Cypher distance given improved vertical momentum when fast falling
Cypher given more knockback and doubled size of hitbox to ensure Cypher grabs will damage the grabber
C4 power level back to normal
I've been trying to give the Cypher more vertical distance without sacrificing lateral control or momentum.

The W

Smash Rookie
I love this hack, and highly support it. I sadly can't help because I don't know PSA, but I guess I can keep playing it and give you guys suggestions. :p

LordshadowRagnarok

Smash Journeyman
Seeing as hod Din's repeated hitbox has some great shield pressure, I'd say she's pretty safe on shield. My friends have become paranoid about shielding my zelda.

Cyan_Blau

Smash Apprentice
It's a good project, I saw some actual B+ 6.0 codes there and some others like Fast Fall Trumple.

I like the pacs and I added the FF-Trumple and the UPB Fix to my list, but UPB seemes to be the same like the B+ one.

Did you also think about some global movements like manual L Cancel, Manual Footstool on "Y", Fast Fall Speed and Short Hop High mod, Hybrid Air Dodge or some others.

And do you think about a Melee injection like in Project-M??? So that people can choose if they prefer the Melee version of the pacs or the normal one?!

(I think it's NOT that MUST BE, but I'll use much Project-M stuff, and it will be nice, if I don't have to inject every chars Melee data in their edits (also the edits maybe have complete different Melee physics...))

//AX

Countcocofang

Smash Cadet
People have started talking about brawl minus here in Cali, and from what I can see it looks awesome. Keep up the good work.

Also just a personal note: I find the parody elements to brawl minus the most fun part of the game. For example having falcos standing lazer be essentially a buffed SHDL is hilarious. Link's standing up B being huge, shiek being ultra fast, taunt attacks, etc. I think the fun and funny aspect of all these things is that they exaggerate how the characters get played in Melee and Brawl, and I'd like to see more of it!

As a Dedede main, I'd like to see him be exaggerated. Perhaps stupid grab range, chaingrabs, shield size, huge bair, something like that. The idea that I liked the most though is if possible making it so when Dedede does his Up tilt his head grows EVEN LARGER than it already does with the added range and everything. Sounds hilarious :D

NNID
Budget_Player
People have started talking about brawl minus here in Cali, and from what I can see it looks awesome. Keep up the good work.

Also just a personal note: I find the parody elements to brawl minus the most fun part of the game. For example having falcos standing lazer be essentially a buffed SHDL is hilarious. Link's standing up B being huge, shiek being ultra fast, taunt attacks, etc. I think the fun and funny aspect of all these things is that they exaggerate how the characters get played in Melee and Brawl, and I'd like to see more of it!

As a Dedede main, I'd like to see him be exaggerated. Perhaps stupid grab range, chaingrabs, shield size, huge bair, something like that. The idea that I liked the most though is if possible making it so when Dedede does his Up tilt his head grows EVEN LARGER than it already does with the added range and everything. Sounds hilarious :D
DDD has some pretty funny stuff. For example, Dash Attack is now not only useful, but very useful. Hitbox starting frame 10 (was 25), slides over like 3/4 of FD, lasts forever, buries, etc. It's hilarious. And his CG is hard to do stuff with without really making matches against him unfair, but lemme just say that dthrow->ftilt->utilt/Usmash/Uair/Fair/Bair/nair/sometimes regrab is legit as ****.

Speaking of parody elements... see if you can catch the joke on Sonic. :3

The W

Smash Rookie
Dedede sounds scary. That dash attack sounds like a literal **** train. Can't wait to try him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom