• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: Released. See the new thread up top in the sticky section ^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Did anyone listen to my suggestion on Ike? I really really think it should be considered.

And if you didn't read it, DRASTICALLY reduce the ending lag of B-air so that he can do three in a fullhop, and to make it even cooler, make it so that it turns Ike around like Marth's B-air.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
People used Lucas in friendlies at phase and he seemed fine.

Only characters that stood out as needing anything changed were wario because of his fsmash and possibly not making gw's uthrow combo into everything at every % because that into nair kills everyone at like 70-80 and it's crazy. Jigs was really really good nothing really too broken though, kirby was fine, lucario could use some more buffing honestly, toon links up-b is STUPID lol he can spam that and win entire match-ups with it >_>.

You can PM me with questions if you want as well as zac/Dojo etc we all played a ton of brawl- :p/

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I will be posting videos from my Brawl- tourney Tuesday. It should be fairly obvious that Wario needs some nerfing, silly DMG...

Kirk

Smash Champion
Glad to hear you guys and everyone else at Phase 5 enjoyed it!

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We'll make sure to take your critiques and suggestions into consideration. We have many changes planned for the future, and we hope to create a suitable build for our Alpha release. We're well on our way.

We appreciate all of the positive support and we hope to hear more! :)

I'll stop sounding like an automated response now...

Seriously though, just post any and all of your impressions in the thread, and we will be sure to take a look.

And with that, I leave. Time for some sleep...

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
So is the latest version on the first post of this thread? I'm going to play it again later with a friend.

LordshadowRagnarok

Smash Journeyman
BPC, that shiek you had me test, I can NOT hit with her invisible dash attack 90% of the time. That and she needs to be able to interupt her down B earlier. I can't use it off the stage anymore.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
I'd like to help with whatever I can on this project I'd be more than happy to test characters or whatever once I get Brawl- on my Wii that is. Haha I'm dumb :(.

NNID
Budget_Player
LIES. I only increased the shield size as a suggestion from somebody else (for some reason I'm picturing your name during the chat I was in while working on the shield). I was initially against Jiggs dying in general. Her shield size wasn't something I was thinking about. I eventually came to like the idea of kamikaze. But the "massive shield" thing was only done per recommendation (the person though likely recommended it because they thought I'd be unable to complete the kamikaze shield). As of right now, I do think it's good to have her shield be bigger so it won't be too easy to inadvertently kill her - Just not as big as it is currently. Depending on how things go I might shrink it down a bit (It's currently bigger than Bowser's shield).

I did nerf U-Throw. It shouldn't be comboing into Rest any more. Heck, the only thing I would probably nerf at this very moment is FAir as it may be too easy to kill with. But Rest shouldn't be extremely easy to combo into unless the opponent simply isn't DI'ing properly. Well, more testing is necessary, and perhaps some videos will surface.
Fair was mentioned... Dunno, everyone was johning about it. w/e. Also: okay, okay, you got me on jiggs.

Should we use the Brawl- forums to discuss character changes or can we discuss them here as well?

I know that you're nerfing Luigi, especially his invicible hitbox trip run, but instead of completely removing it, can you keep in the animation? Dash dancing with Luigi and watching him trip all over the place is insanely funny and I'd be very sad if you removed that completely.

I should also ask: where do you get the custom stages like Kirk does in his videos?
Discussing here works, forum's fine too... basically anything works.

Did anyone listen to my suggestion on Ike? I really really think it should be considered.

And if you didn't read it, DRASTICALLY reduce the ending lag of B-air so that he can do three in a fullhop, and to make it even cooler, make it so that it turns Ike around like Marth's B-air.
Do not support, personally. Just... too weird without adding a considerable amount of flair, IMO.

I will be posting videos from my Brawl- tourney Tuesday. It should be fairly obvious that Wario needs some nerfing, silly DMG...
Okie dokie. Wario is sick as ****. I'm fixing Fsmash though, but I don't know if I should fix the "problem" of a frame 1 kill move. :V

People used Lucas in friendlies at phase and he seemed fine.

Only characters that stood out as needing anything changed were wario because of his fsmash and possibly not making gw's uthrow combo into everything at every % because that into nair kills everyone at like 70-80 and it's crazy. Jigs was really really good nothing really too broken though, kirby was fine, lucario could use some more buffing honestly, toon links up-b is STUPID lol he can spam that and win entire match-ups with it >_>.

You can PM me with questions if you want as well as zac/Dojo etc we all played a ton of brawl- :p/
TL's upB is a pain in the *** but pretty epic; I dunno. It needs slightly lower priority, IMO. Think Luigi's tornado. G&W's uthrow fix... maybe. :V

BPC, that shiek you had me test, I can NOT hit with her invisible dash attack 90% of the time. That and she needs to be able to interupt her down B earlier. I can't use it off the stage anymore.
You couldn't hit with normal dash attack either in the old version foo. L2P with sheik. :laugh: Usually, DACFT is better than normally dash attacking anyways.

I'd like to help with whatever I can on this project I'd be more than happy to test characters or whatever once I get Brawl- on my Wii that is. Haha I'm dumb :(.
Well hopefully by that time the alpha release will be solid.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Do not support, personally. Just... too weird without adding a considerable amount of flair, IMO.
Well I did put a lot of thought into it.

The reason why I suggested that particular change to Ike is because firstoff, I do recall that at E for All, it was reported that Ike's B-air was able to turn him around. Second, one of Ike's biggest fundamental problems is his inability to do multiple aerials in a jump. Lastly, this buff would slightly improve Ike's ability to deal with pressure on reaction, since he's pretty awful at dealing with it. It would also help him keep up with those generally insane aerial juggle combos that people are getting in this game. B-air -> F-air would be hilariously awesome.

NNID
Budget_Player
So is the latest version on the first post of this thread? I'm going to play it again later with a friend.
Sadly, no. I'm not updating this thread until the actual alpha release. Which is hopefully this week. We're all busting our ***** open. We need tweaks to a lot of chars, and about 2-3 chars need to be done completely.

Did you read the post I put up last page about what I found out over the weekend?

Just curious.
Yeah, read it. We're compiling a to-do list on the B- forums, and all of those are on it.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
K.

I also forgot one other thing but I just remembered it now -.-

Yoshi can still CG Link. I was playing Trio3 (one of the best UK players) and the CG still worked on him. I'm not sure if it's just Link it still works on, so it needs looking at.

Unless it was intentional, but I'm sure that grab-release CGs aren't intended even in B- ;)

(I'm also going to try to get Brawl+ Updatifier or Neogamma R8 RC1 to load the normal B- gct, though I'm not sure of Neogamma as I use cIOS rev14 not 17, as is recommended... wish me luck.)

blakinola

Constantly Delicious
Will this codeset run through USBloaderGX or will I have to use gecko? It doesn't make a difference, but minus one step sounds great to me. Wanna try it when I get off work today.

NNID
Budget_Player
Will this codeset run through USBloaderGX or will I have to use gecko? It doesn't make a difference, but minus one step sounds great to me. Wanna try it when I get off work today.
Snapshot Loaders and/or SmashStack is something to look in to, really, but it has second priority to actually getting a solid release which we are working our butts off on. Gecko is better right now.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Are there any reported cases of custom songs suddenly messing up after Brawl Minus is loaded?

I added two new songs to brawl after I ran Brawl -, both were screwed up. Now suddenly other songs have been screwing up, and I dunno if there's something about the Brawl - gct that messed it up or not.

Just curious!

Kirk

Smash Champion
Songs should not be affected. I'm unsure of what your problem may be...but we use the same File Replacement Code like everyone else does.

I've custom music on almost every stage and I've had zero problems.

LordshadowRagnarok

Smash Journeyman
BCP, Your little grab release thing with Wario worked out well, though, it misses some characters and doesn't seem to have the knockback of the real version.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
5 stocks takes too long. Especially if you have good players playing against each other. Sometimes spacing wars causes games to go super long. Any game with Lucario tends to reach 6min or over.

4 Stock is/should be the tournament default.

NNID
Budget_Player
I hate Jiggz so much.
Why? Also I see a lot of Fair walling; why is this so much more effective in Brawl-?

5 stocks takes too long. Especially if you have good players playing against each other. Sometimes spacing wars causes games to go super long. Any game with Lucario tends to reach 6min or over.

4 Stock is/should be the tournament default.
This is a shame. :( But thanks for the vids.

B!squick

Smash Master
Lol, what purpose does Wario's FTilt serve when his FSmash has a range this *holds up hands really far apart* big? In fact, why use any other move on the ground with him?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Yeah, now if only Wario's F-smash was easily punishable, but it slides so far that punishing it out of shield is difficult lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom