• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: Released. See the new thread up top in the sticky section ^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

ss118

Smash Master
for some reason samus' missles no longer cling walls.

Also, Pikachu can still infinitely recover(or stall): it's just slower.

Edit: Ice Climbers are amazing, however. xD

Adapt

Smash Lord
Can you make wario's f-smash stop when it encounters a shield?

that would make it punishable and stop people from spamming it, but it will still be pretty crazy

Sagen du Smash

Smash Journeyman
When are we going to get some new character PACS? Any idea of a release date of the Brawl- Alpha? I'm so ready to play this thing!

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
the falco at zac's tourney did not have the gimp angle on his fair. give it back to him please.

DotHack

Smash Apprentice
I can't even load up brawl with the codeset on USB loader. Someones telling me to use some snapshot loading method that I've never even heard of before?

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
Is there a huge pack of all the updated .pacs? Like a .RAR file?

ss118

Smash Master
ss118, how does that work?
Well, the way the pikachu is programmed, it can attack/ up B after like 4 seconds. While with his previous recovery that would take too long, with his new 4x up B he can covet quite a distance, enabling him to gain height by going up, slowly dropping, then going again.

Anyway, I played a LOT with the Brawl- I got, so I'll post my views probably on the forums for the individual characters(I'm articanus on there, btw)

K.Mac

Smash Lord
I can't even load up brawl with the codeset on USB loader. Someones telling me to use some snapshot loading method that I've never even heard of before?
Check the first post. There's an (outdated) snaploader GCT along with the relevant (outdated) snapshot code file. Put the gct in the codes folder and the snapshot in the snapshot folder on the SD, load the game through USB loader (you may need to turn hooks on and ocarina on) and then go view the snapshot.

then you can play ;) it's what I do.

NNID
Budget_Player
Anyone got videos with awesome combos, ridiculous moves, basically showing off what Brawl- is capable of? We're gonna try to put together a video compilation as sort of a combination showcase/teaser.

Imma gonna PM TSP and see if I can get some of his stuff.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Are you a stickler for quality Cadet?

I've got a couple of videos--one of them with a cool Ike thing and one with a Ganondorf 0-death but they were recorded with a laptop webcam.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpHFGL38Ihg (First 15 seconds--it's not anything fancy but it does look ****** [also named it the Composer Combo for kicks :laugh:])
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVWdSE_bRJU (Second stock Ganondorf just gives me the business :\)

More videos I've been meaning to upload, just haven't had time. Dunno how much cool stuff is there though.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Are you a stickler for quality Cadet?

I've got a couple of videos--one of them with a cool Ike thing and one with a Ganondorf 0-death but they were recorded with a laptop webcam.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpHFGL38Ihg (First 15 seconds--it's not anything fancy but it does look ****** [also named it the Composer Combo for kicks :laugh:])
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVWdSE_bRJU (Second stock Ganondorf just gives me the business :\)

More videos I've been meaning to upload, just haven't had time. Dunno how much cool stuff is there though.
Yay Ike matches! Good to see him in action. Thanks for posting those. I guess he looks pretty weak alongside Ganondorf having an Fsmash and jab like that... though I remain optimistic that with the right Side+B and jab cancel shenanigans he has a lot of potential.

Also, a note -- Ike can store a fully charged Eruption by shielding.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
OMG I DID NOT KNOW THAT.

Also this sort of one-sidedness can be contributed to how much Jekyll plays Ganondorf in regBrawl (it's his main) to how much I play Ike in regBrawl. :p
I've gotten a little fancier with him... but now I know this eruption trick. >.>

If you'll be waitin' 'til after the weekend Cadet, I'll make sure I get some of the Brawl - tourney on saturday recorded and offer those up for content (will be dazzle'd and not webcam'd)

Xyless

Smash Master
BPC, I could get some replays up if you want. Is there a way to get the alpha characters (even if it's secret)? I've been recording CPUs fighting each other (as well as me playing), since CPUs seem to pick up characters extremely well.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
Anyone got videos with awesome combos, ridiculous moves, basically showing off what Brawl- is capable of? We're gonna try to put together a video compilation as sort of a combination showcase/teaser.

Imma gonna PM TSP and see if I can get some of his stuff.
I've got some pretty spiffy replays between me and my cousin - most are falco vs falcon, because my cousin hates me using yoshi.

I've got some replays of 0-deaths with yoshi, and I can easily get more because I'm sure I saved some against trio3.

I COULD potentially get trio3 to record and upload some brawl- matches as I'm going to his this weekend - he has a capture card. I can just give him the snaploader codeset and the relevant fighter pacs and get him to shoot the replays. Alternatively, if anyone here can record replays for me, I'll send you the required codeset, character PACs and anything else necessary.

:) mindgame combos are way better than normal combos. because the other player is like WTF IS GOING ON?!?!?!?!?! and stuff.

and now that I've said that, I'm going to try completely beast MTR's (local player) Lucario on Brawl- with some epic combos. Bair, utilt, Nair, egg, egg, Uair, Nair, Fair spike? I totally want to try to that now. :bee:

NNID
Budget_Player
Are there any matches out involving ZSS? I'm pretty curious as to what you've done with her.
2 Chars aren't finished yet. Guess what crowd ZSS belongs to. :(

I've got some pretty spiffy replays between me and my cousin - most are falco vs falcon, because my cousin hates me using yoshi.

I've got some replays of 0-deaths with yoshi, and I can easily get more because I'm sure I saved some against trio3.

I COULD potentially get trio3 to record and upload some brawl- matches as I'm going to his this weekend - he has a capture card. I can just give him the snaploader codeset and the relevant fighter pacs and get him to shoot the replays. Alternatively, if anyone here can record replays for me, I'll send you the required codeset, character PACs and anything else necessary.

:) mindgame combos are way better than normal combos. because the other player is like WTF IS GOING ON?!?!?!?!?! and stuff.

and now that I've said that, I'm going to try completely beast MTR's (local player) Lucario on Brawl- with some epic combos. Bair, utilt, Nair, egg, egg, Uair, Nair, Fair spike? I totally want to try to that now. :bee:
Okie dokie.

ss118

Smash Master
I thought ZSS had a pac: mind you, it isn't that developed, but it's there and with her natural combos she isn't terrible...

DotHack

Smash Apprentice
Check the first post. There's an (outdated) snaploader GCT along with the relevant (outdated) snapshot code file. Put the gct in the codes folder and the snapshot in the snapshot folder on the SD, load the game through USB loader (you may need to turn hooks on and ocarina on) and then go view the snapshot.

then you can play ;) it's what I do.
The snapshot isn't in the link anymore. >____>

K.Mac

Smash Lord
whuuuuuuuuuuuuut.

I'll upload the snaploader and stuff asap. will probably be sometime later today (seven or eight hours). :/

LuLLo

Smash Ace
Just a quick idea for Ganon, you should make him do his evil laugh when he lands his Gerudo, also when he Ganoncides :).

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
^Best idea ever after the one where Falcon says "YEHZ" after every Knee. =)

K.Mac

Smash Lord
^ I second this.

More characters need more taunt moves

I still say when Snake sweetspots his spike, he shouts "Kept ya waiting, huh?!" or something.

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
give oimar grab armor, make the start up lag on his shield grab alot less lagy, make his fsmash like DDD's ftilt, make grounded upB's start up and ending lagless, and make his upsmash kill DDD at 100%. and keep everyhting else that will make olimar brocken :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom