• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: Released. See the new thread up top in the sticky section ^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Just stop for a sec and press side taunt 98079879878 times and proceed running. Opponent rage will ensue :p

K.Mac

Smash Lord
It's 1/10 now...
Holy ****, you're kidding.

I told my friends about the 1/56 chance and they went. "...............wut." Now 1/10? Anyone who uses Ike is just going to counter-spam. lmao. :laugh:

Btw I NEED someone to record some videos for me . . . one of my replays has the BEST 0-death from start. PLEASE. SOMEONE SAY THEY WILL RECORD STUFF FOR ME. -sad face.-

:/ I'm also slow so if anyone DID say .... repeat. x.o

LordshadowRagnarok

Smash Journeyman
BTW, if Diddy's rocket barrels go flying off him and into something, or, if he collides with something, the explosion hitbox stays there forever.

Kix

Smash Journeyman
Two things for Mario. Can his cape be huge and can his fireballs bounce higher or something since they go nowhere?

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
Lol, just found out something funny with diddy. Since his barrels leave that standing invisible explosion I noticed it actually animated when it touches a hitbox. I promptly pulled out metaknight and spammed his jab and the explosion goes crazy.

Btw, i do think the explosion staying there forever is a little annoying... especially if its on the edge.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
My favorite thing about Brawl - so far is Sonic's ability to cancel his D-Smash into a side taunt and carry the momentum and create the "Your too slow" dash".

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
My favorite thing about Brawl - so far is Sonic's ability to cancel his D-Smash into a side taunt and carry the momentum and create the "Your too slow" dash".
LOL that is epic win right there.

camzy

Smash Journeyman
I love Brawl- Ganondorf. He's just so ****** and I can DAir with impunity.

Any more official releases? I've only tried characters taken from the OP.

DK definitely needs more buffs. He's currently nowhere near as broken as some of the others and because of the speed and nature of the game, barrels aren't very viable.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
I don't know if this was mentioned before, but if you cancel Sonic's D-Smash with a taunt at the time his D-Smash hits something, he will just slide forward frozen in his standing pose.

NNID
Budget_Player
This is epic. Very epic.

I love Brawl- Ganondorf. He's just so ****** and I can DAir with impunity.

Any more official releases? I've only tried characters taken from the OP.

DK definitely needs more buffs. He's currently nowhere near as broken as some of the others and because of the speed and nature of the game, barrels aren't very viable.
No more official releases yet, just tons of leaks; I'm basically a sieve. :V And yeah, Ganon is a ****ing epic monster.

I don't know if this was mentioned before, but if you cancel Sonic's D-Smash with a taunt at the time his D-Smash hits something, he will just slide forward frozen in his standing pose.
A t-stance, eh? I'll look in to this.

Two things for Mario. Can his cape be huge and can his fireballs bounce higher or something since they go nowhere?
They're preeeety fast...

K.Mac

Smash Lord
Lol, just found out something funny with diddy. Since his barrels leave that standing invisible explosion I noticed it actually animated when it touches a hitbox. I promptly pulled out metaknight and spammed his jab and the explosion goes crazy.

Btw, i do think the explosion staying there forever is a little annoying... especially if its on the edge.
You've just explained to me how the Diddy Ditto "Black hole" works. ^_^ I was wondering about that, now it makes sense.

WHY does MK's jab still glitch up for me when I spam it? =(

K.Mac

Smash Lord
They're preeeety fast...
Yeah, Mario's fireballs are so spammable, they don't need to be bigger or bounce higher. The effectively force an aerial approach (and mario can just **** them with his mega-combo Uairs and stuff)

That's how it works for me though. I'm not sure if the latest codeset changed how his fireballs work, since I'm still using the outdated snaploader.
need updated snaploader plox.

Ganon on Home Run Contest. Current record is 47,382. Beat it.
**** I knew I'd forgot to do something at my cousins this week. I'll beat it.

Btw set a ganon ditto HRC record too, so I have a benchmark to go on. :B

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Not sure if this is the place to report it, and I'm sure it's been discussed, but has anyone suffered from characters disappearing or a giant gray thing coming across the screen when you hold down MK's "A" attack? It has happened on Distant Planet, Corneria, and Skyworld. All stages had Snake. Snake always disappeared from the match and you couldn't hit him.

JOE!

Smash Hero
well, looks like MK beats snake still

but anyways, thats a rather odd glitch...

does it happen with anyone but snake?

Revven

FrankerZ
It's probably because of the huge hitbox he gave MK's jab. It had similar issues before when he actually made the attack flinch characters.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
It happens randomly. I've yet to get it in training mode though, but I've had it happen on pretty much every stage (except FD it seems)

It pretty much scrambles the opponent model and collision data (i.e. 'kills' them) That's what the 'mess' that goes across the screen is - a mashup of the other character. xD

doing it a second time screws MK himself up. it's why I've gone back to using Yoshi in B- rather than MK and his mega-epic Dair gimp combos. I spam A a lot and I almost always accidentally cause a glitch. >>

Cadet, has it been fixed yet?

K.Mac

Smash Lord
Is it me, or does pit have a ****load of priority? Maybe I just struggle against him.

Pika is FAR from worst. Thunderjolt and Thunder itself are just so spammable. He's better at camping than Mario. =/

MK needs better air movement still. He has no decent combos, only silly gimps (dthrow, UpB, chase, Dair gimp - not a true combo, relies on mindgames) although the nado spike is amazing at catching certain recoveries (spacies, heavies, etc)

Fix the jab glitch and then I can REALLY see how broken he is. I only just beat my friend Rake and his Weegee and Lucario with Falco and Falcon (proof they're therefore on Weegee's level) and if I wasn't so prone to accidental jab spams (habit) then I could see how good MK is at gimping.
:/ he's far from worst though. I think snake is probably worst atm. he's got nothing going for him other than hitstun - even his Utilt seems to have been nerfed.

edit

you fixed the jab glitch? send me the pac. :B

NNID
Budget_Player
MSN works too you know. -.-

I don't even know if my mic works.
MSN doesn't work. Reason: 500 people on MSN doesn't work that well. Plus, most of them don't have MSN. GET SKYPE FOO; NO NEED FO MIKE

I had never thought that someone would be saying this without any lies.

:052:
Well TSON had him at like... 4th from bottom IIRC. That can't be right...

NNID
Budget_Player
I put him around 6th, mostly because he shuts down the best options on so many chars and everyone except sonic really has to play retardedly smart against him to stand a chance; use the wrong move on bowser and you get punished really, really hard. TSON still has him mid-high.

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
not sure if this has been reported or fixed or whatever, but heres a glitch for you.

shield a ganon punch. just hold it down while he charges, not sure about perfect shields. you will obviously do that flashing red thing with the stars and stuff, but ganondorf, for some reason, slides back across the stage and dies. no vids, so test it yourself if you want.

brawl- is my favorite game in the world and it isnt even done yet. woo!

camzy

Smash Journeyman
Bowser is easily top tier. He has the most insane SA on his FSmash and he can punish really hard for even the slightest mistake.

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
not sure if this has been reported or fixed or whatever, but heres a glitch for you.

shield a ganon punch. just hold it down while he charges, not sure about perfect shields. you will obviously do that flashing red thing with the stars and stuff, but ganondorf, for some reason, slides back across the stage and dies. no vids, so test it yourself if you want.

That's an unintended side effect of the Warlock Punch doing so much damage. It's kept in for the lulz (and I suppose to make spamming it even more dangerous...)

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
That's an unintended side effect of the Warlock Punch doing so much damage. It's kept in for the lulz (and I suppose to make spamming it even more dangerous...)
lolk. if i ever play against a ganon, ill just take the hit on purpose.

edit: is there a reason random stage switch doesnt work?

NNID
Budget_Player

IIRC, it's in because nobody knows how to fix it first, for the lulz second. :V But yeah, this.

Not sure... the GCT is outdated? In fact, the whole OP is completely outdated.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
I put him around 6th, mostly because he shuts down the best options on so many chars and everyone except sonic really has to play retardedly smart against him to stand a chance; use the wrong move on bowser and you get punished really, really hard. TSON still has him mid-high.
Yeah, I agree with that. Yoshi vs Bowser is a ******** matchup for the Yoshi because Bowser just tanks through all of Yoshi's approaches. Bair = punished. Dair = punished. jab = punished, sourspotted Uair = punished. Hell, EGGS GET PUNISHED. lol

Only possibilities Yoshi has is grabs and getting the bowser to choke for a free sweetspotted Nair. :dizzy: or smashes.

Where does Yoshi rank? He must be retardedly high up on the tiers, he's got so many options for approaching and shutting down approaches. It's not even like he's been changed much, it's just the hitstun change that's brought it out xD

Problem is, even if you do shield it, there's so much shieldstun from taking the hit that Ganon generally has time to come back and warlock punch a second time to get even. it IS possible in come circumstances (crazy DI) to tech against the floor and survive, but I've only done it on pure luck, not skill.

Also stage switch probably won't work because you might have the version with PW's custom stage engine thingy. Otherwise, I'm not sure. I still have the old codeset because I use snaploaders (**** UK Wii and NTSC Brawl setup).

And I will get skype. -.-' or try to. My internet is failing as of late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom