• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: Released. See the new thread up top in the sticky section ^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
NNID
Budget_Player
Whats the status, was it ready for pound?

Is what I meant, I had something on my mind when I typed that sorry :p
Is there a tutorial or something out there for how to do this stuff?

I'd love to help, but have absolutely no idea how to hack. If someone wants to teach me I'll see if I can do anything.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=243626
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=246651
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=261537

A bunch of stuff that can help. It's best you just go with trial and error though.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I would help this project, but its not hard enough.
As in, it would mostly benefit from PSA work, which I really don't do.
Makes sense... but as Kracka mentioned, Kirk could use some help on some tough things.

We've been trying to manipulate articles and Nana more effectively. For example, we attempted to have Link's arrows cycle through different graphics and hitboxes ... but it behaves oddly to say the least. I believe that is because articles are treated as their own entity with their own variables, whch may or may not persist when the articles are deleted.

Our attempts to manipulate arrows via variables failed, because a) it didn't cycle properly (sometimes it was totally random what arrow fired), and b) it desynched online.

Our other problem is with Nana. We (by "we" I mean mostly Kirk) were trying to get Popo to recieve a boost in power when Nana dies, but we could figure out no way to check for her existence. We even tried attaching the Rope article to her and checking If Article Exist, but no go.

NNID
Budget_Player
AFAIK there are a couple of codes we could use, and some advice on a thing or two that is more in your range, Dant. At the moment, there's just one thing I can think of... The ledge being proposed right now has a tiny, tiny autosweetspot (think smash64-sized) where things going up can grab on, and NASL on the rest of the ledge range. The rest is mostly PSA work, but it needs to be done. >.> Sometimes irritating.

Kirk

Smash Champion
I wish I could expand my knowledge and understand further than what I know in PSA, because there's a bunch of stuff I want to do, but can't seem to accomplish because of it's limitations(Eldiran pointed out a few). Or perhaps I don't have the right tools...idk.

So many WBers....pick me!! :)

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
I wish I could expand my knowledge and understand further than what I know in PSA, because there's a bunch of stuff I want to do, but can't seem to accomplish because of it's limitations(Eldiran pointed out a few). Or perhaps I don't have the right tools...idk.

hey hey you at least have a light blue name
be nice on us yellow names :laugh:

NNID
Budget_Player

TBH I'm surprised you weren't picked. Did you not apply?

Kirk

Smash Champion
Hehe, I DO like my cyan name...

And neato thing I figured out last night...

It looks like I found how to edit items...as in I separated individual items and am able to edit specific values for them(simple test of changing grenades to do 20% and send at a 15 degree angle, works like a charm...as well as lulzy.). Snake's grenades, TL/Link's Bombs, etc. are now fair game. :)

But alas, time for work!

shanus

Smash Hero
Makes sense... but as Kracka mentioned, Kirk could use some help on some tough things.

We've been trying to manipulate articles and Nana more effectively. For example, we attempted to have Link's arrows cycle through different graphics and hitboxes ... but it behaves oddly to say the least. I believe that is because articles are treated as their own entity with their own variables, whch may or may not persist when the articles are deleted.

Our attempts to manipulate arrows via variables failed, because a) it didn't cycle properly (sometimes it was totally random what arrow fired), and b) it desynched online.

Our other problem is with Nana. We (by "we" I mean mostly Kirk) were trying to get Popo to recieve a boost in power when Nana dies, but we could figure out no way to check for her existence. We even tried attaching the Rope article to her and checking If Article Exist, but no go.
Nana is seemingly treated like an article, I think.

if that is the case, you can try and use an If 1C: Nanaarticlenumberhere thing like how olimar's pikmin or snake's nades work.

Eldiran

Smash Lord

It looks like I found how to edit items...as in I separated individual items and am able to edit specific values for them(simple test of changing grenades to do 20% and send at a 15 degree angle, works like a charm...as well as lulzy.). Snake's grenades, TL/Link's Bombs, etc. are now fair game. :)

But alas, time for work!
Nice! When you get the chance, I'd love know how to do that.

@Shanus: If I recall correctly from Dant's comments, Nana is very similar to an article, but isn't actually one.

K.Mac

Smash Lord

I was wondering about Link's arrows actually, because I noticed he fires different ones.

How does it work then? I'm presuming it works via dice-roll function? (like Gaymanwatch's sideB?)

Also could I get a reply to my suggestions on Weegee (they're two pages back I believe)? just some interesting stuff I thought of.

Also Cadet, you said you will have to completely redo MK? to be honest I don't think he needs that much work. I don't know what you want to change but what he does have is ****ed awesome (such as the uber-spammable Usmash ... it's basically a keepout move now). My only gripe with him is he's not fast at all in the air (I swear I recall seeing something about his changelist saying his aerial mobility was increased) and his Fair is useless. I do agree he needs a little work - there's some weird bug with you guys trying to allow him to go from B moves into aerials which puts him in special fall if you press B again, though I've only seen this affect nado ... I find it odd he can actually go from shuttle loop into aerials and then into an aerial nado. was that intentional?

I think if you just fix the bugs and change some properties to make him more unfair, he'll be spot on. Nair = epic. Dair = epic. Uair = epic, B moves = epic, Bair = epic. nado spike = epic, Dtilt and smash speed = epic. Dsmash = UBER EPIC (I freaking LOVE his Dsmash).

If anything, try to keep him close to how he is now, his moveset is amazing as it is - unless it's deemed TOO good, which I will then proceed to cry about. :<

also when you update TL to prevent his grounded UpB from shieldbreaking and being used spammingly and his arrows from being so powerful (as I believe you intended to change) then send me the updates? I want to disappoint my cousin's friend ... he mains TL. he is almost impossible to beat because of the UpB, and I actually went as far as BANNING FD because he just.... ***** on it.

Also could you send me some stages that I can add on the CUSTOM#.pac list?

NNID
Budget_Player

But alas, time for work!
Gotta show me that too. :V

Nice! When you get the chance, I'd love know how to do that.

@Shanus: If I recall correctly from Dant's comments, Nana is very similar to an article, but isn't actually one.
Lol

I was wondering about Link's arrows actually, because I noticed he fires different ones.

How does it work then? I'm presuming it works via dice-roll function? (like Gaymanwatch's sideB?)

Also could I get a reply to my suggestions on Weegee (they're two pages back I believe)? just some interesting stuff I thought of.

Also Cadet, you said you will have to completely redo MK? to be honest I don't think he needs that much work. I don't know what you want to change but what he does have is ****ed awesome (such as the uber-spammable Usmash ... it's basically a keepout move now). My only gripe with him is he's not fast at all in the air (I swear I recall seeing something about his changelist saying his aerial mobility was increased) and his Fair is useless. I do agree he needs a little work - there's some weird bug with you guys trying to allow him to go from B moves into aerials which puts him in special fall if you press B again, though I've only seen this affect nado ... I find it odd he can actually go from shuttle loop into aerials and then into an aerial nado. was that intentional?

I think if you just fix the bugs and change some properties to make him more unfair, he'll be spot on. Nair = epic. Dair = epic. Uair = epic, B moves = epic, Bair = epic. nado spike = epic, Dtilt and smash speed = epic. Dsmash = UBER EPIC (I freaking LOVE his Dsmash).

If anything, try to keep him close to how he is now, his moveset is amazing as it is - unless it's deemed TOO good, which I will then proceed to cry about. :<

also when you update TL to prevent his grounded UpB from shieldbreaking and being used spammingly and his arrows from being so powerful (as I believe you intended to change) then send me the updates? I want to disappoint my cousin's friend ... he mains TL. he is almost impossible to beat because of the UpB, and I actually went as far as BANNING FD because he just.... ***** on it.

Also could you send me some stages that I can add on the CUSTOM#.pac list?
1. MK is fixed. Latest build is in the downloads section, and I think it should be good. It has almost all the epic changes. :V

2. Yeah, that's a worry. :V

3. TL's upB has been nerfed; it now does virtually no damage to shields, and has a very large amount of endlag, which can be punished. It's hard, but doable.

4. Just look in the stage hacking thread, there's a bunch there.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
Yeah I don't see the thing for downloads either. :<

I'm not registered in the brawl- forums, that's probably why. could you send me the updated fighter pacs through MSN, mayhaps?

PosthumusES

Smash Apprentice
I love you long time if you give me the files lol

:3

I can test betas if you guys wanna have someone do that.

oh btw didn't know Wario D-Smash gives him like invincibility(sp?)

NNID
Budget_Player
The downloads section is part of the forum which is kind of reserved; put simply it's for chars that aren't publicly released yet. If you show a continuous interest in the project, then you are viable to be let in. You have to have an account there though.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Can you release the alpha a day early? My tournament is on Jan 30th and we have a Brawl Minus side event. I'd love to be able to use the complete package then. Also, mind cooking up a small ruleset to use? You don't have to include everything, just changes like: 5 stock, sheik needs a nametag, etc...

K.Mac

Smash Lord
The downloads section is part of the forum which is kind of reserved; put simply it's for chars that aren't publicly released yet. If you show a continuous interest in the project, then you are viable to be let in. You have to have an account there though.
As you've seen, I have a great deal of interest in this project. Had I not left my sensor bar at my cousins last weekend, I'd be playing it now. :bee:

I'll just try to catch you on MSN tomorrow, as I'm heading over to my cousins again so being able to get the current fighter PACs will be a great help for me to help test this. I meant to catch you earlier about it actually, but ironically you logged on when I went for a bath and logged off when I got back. LOL.

I'm still interested in bringing this to either the London monthlies tournament (on Jan 30th) or the SmashGT UK national (march 27/28). I'll probably only have it as a side-setup for friendlies once the main focus of the tourneys are over and such. Like you said earlier, I need to get a suitable fighter setup for that sometime. I'll have to bother you for that. :]

btw. D3 is EPIC. period.

yeah agree with UTD Zac. Sheik invisible thing is dumb
Do you guys not know anything about the LoZ games, and how Sheik is a ninja? It makes perfect sense for her to be able to vanish like she does. Besides, it encourages opponent reading - or simply, just don't let her do anything. ;)

Samemind

Smash Rookie
Well, I got some WIFI training replaCement SSE stages. Put em in pf\stages\melee\. Named em CUSTOM1 - CUSTOM 9. But they don't load, as if the stage PACs weren't on the SD card. Playing with a legitimate Brawl disc, through Gecko OS. The character PACs load fine. Help?

Leo Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
This is why said packages are not publicly available. That said... hmm. When did you get access? :V
About the time the files were up for grabs for anyone who thinks a little bit :p

Besides, the only reason I haven't registered on the forums and the other stuff required to officially be on the "testing team" (or whatever) is because I just don't want to register to yet another forum and then forget about it. I figured since the files were left out in the open, I could be a freelance tester like I usually am :p

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Well, I got some WIFI training replaCement SSE stages. Put em in pf\stages\melee\. Named em CUSTOM1 - CUSTOM 9. But they don't load, as if the stage PACs weren't on the SD card. Playing with a legitimate Brawl disc, through Gecko OS. The character PACs load fine. Help?
You have to name them STGCUSTOM1.pac, STGCUSTOM2.pac, etc. up to 9.

Never forget the STG.

NNID
Budget_Player
Can you release the alpha a day early? My tournament is on Jan 30th and we have a Brawl Minus side event. I'd love to be able to use the complete package then. Also, mind cooking up a small ruleset to use? You don't have to include everything, just changes like: 5 stock, sheik needs a nametag, etc...
As far as releasing the alpha a day early, the alpha release is probably going to be pushed back the way we are going. You will get your stuff early though; as much of it is ready and done. (Well, mostly done at least)

No I do know, I just mean the permanent invisible glitch thing
Well yeah. This is a pretty big buff for those who have learned sheik in and out; you space correctly with fair, bair, nair, and ftilt while invisible, and your opponent won't know how to deal with you (unless they're someone like marth, lol)

About the time the files were up for grabs for anyone who thinks a little bit :p

Besides, the only reason I haven't registered on the forums and the other stuff required to officially be on the "testing team" (or whatever) is because I just don't want to register to yet another forum and then forget about it. I figured since the files were left out in the open, I could be a freelance tester like I usually am :p
Lolwut
When were they up for grabs?

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Ok this has been annoying me for quite some time. I'm quite surprised I can't easily find the answer anywhere on these boards. Ugg.

Brawl- code set has 9 extra stages on the SSS. When I try to load any of them, my wii freezes. Secondly (and this is really annoying), random doesn't work. It doesn't matter what stages I have highlighted on Random Stage Select, picking Random on the SSS just randomizes ALL STAGES. Which means there's a good chance my wii will freeze.

I know this sounds noobish, but seriously, it should be in the OP if you are including it in the base codeset.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
We aren't. That was a mistake BPC made, and he should have totally changed the OP to include the fixed GCT, which doesn't include all of the stupid **** he put in there. In the meantime while I bawl him out about that, you can always take the liberty of putting 9 custom stages on your SD card if you want. Oooor I could just IM you the new GCT.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Still needing help for zelda? I got a couple ideas that may can help =P

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
@SaltyKracka Hmm... interesting. Well I would still like to use those 9 extra stages.

I downloaded some SSE stages and renamed them to "STGCUSTOM1.PAC" through "STGCUSTOM9.PAC"

I put all nine of them on my SD card like this: ".../pf/stages/melee/STGCUSTOM1.PAC"

After doing all of them, I restarted and loaded up the codes. I went to load up one of the extra stages and it still froze. Grr =(

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Ok this has been annoying me for quite some time. I'm quite surprised I can't easily find the answer anywhere on these boards. Ugg.

Brawl- code set has 9 extra stages on the SSS. When I try to load any of them, my wii freezes. Secondly (and this is really annoying), random doesn't work. It doesn't matter what stages I have highlighted on Random Stage Select, picking Random on the SSS just randomizes ALL STAGES. Which means there's a good chance my wii will freeze.

I know this sounds noobish, but seriously, it should be in the OP if you are including it in the base codeset.
The guy who made the GCT was silly and forgot to take out the stage expansion system that Phantom Wings made from the gct. Basically, Phantom Wings made a way so you could play extra stages (especially SSE ones) without having to replace any stages. Basically just use files in these links. I knew this would end up being a problem. :\

http://www.mediafire.com/?jz3vyzkktjn
http://www.mediafire.com/?uy1n3mqcx2c

You want to put the module folder in the pf folder, and the .pac files inside the puttheseinstages#melee folder are treated as stage texture files, and go into pf>melee>stages.

In other words,

Module folder goes in \private\wii\APP\RSBE\pf
STGCUSTOM files go in E:\private\wii\APP\RSBE\pf\stage\melee

Do not put the STGCUSTOM pacs in a folder inside the melee folder. They go directly inside as if they were a stage texture. I added an extra SSE stage if you feel like using it.

For your specific problem though, Zac, you forgot to download the module folder.

Anyways, once you do this, when you select the extra Battlefield/Final Destination/New Pork City icons on the stage select screen, you will be transported to a SSE stage, as it's supposed to work.

NNID
Budget_Player

Yeah... I should probably put kirk's GCT up there. Lol.

We aren't. That was a mistake BPC made, and he should have totally changed the OP to include the fixed GCT, which doesn't include all of the stupid **** he put in there. In the meantime while I bawl him out about that, you can always take the liberty of putting 9 custom stages on your SD card if you want. Oooor I could just IM you the new GCT.
True. Very true. >.<

I fail at GCTs; someone else really has to take that over.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
The guy who made the GCT was silly and forgot to take out the stage expansion system that Phantom Wings made from the gct. Basically, Phantom Wings made a way so you could play extra stages (especially SSE ones) without having to replace any stages. Basically just use files in these links. I knew this would end up being a problem. :\
Well, that's saved me having to question how to get those stages to work. :V

Thanks. :3

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Remove his cap on grenades. Remove the line IF 1C:D i think from the nade pull.
No such line. The closest thing is

If not IC:D
Etc.
End If:

I removed it and it has him doing his normal animation, but the grenade he takes out is the second one.
All it does is teleport the second grenade back to his hand. It doesn't reset the timer.

Also,
removing the line

Remove Article 0,0

from his down smash did not stop the mine from disappearing.

P.S. I forgot to point out that I increased his horizontal air movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom