• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: Released. See the new thread up top in the sticky section ^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
NNID
Budget_Player
Is there a problem with Mario? his pummel does nothing and Wario D-Smash only some part hits the opponet :X
Wario dsmash is a bad attack because you can't really hit with all of it in any realistic circumstance. Mario's pummel... uh... I dunno.

just wondering, can I not get this to work because the snapshot is outdated or am I doing something wrong? Everything works fine till I have to look at the snapshot.... I'm not sure what's supposed to happen, but whatever it is isn't happening!
Why are you using the snapshot, and what's your region?

Mawootad

Smash Rookie
Just wanted to mention that I'll have a Kirby pac out as soon as I can fix a very bad and very strange glitch I'm getting (Kirby's Usmash and down tilted Fsmash crash the game. Which is odd because they're nearly identical to vBrawl and the down tilted Fsmash is identical to the up tilted Fsmash. Maybe I just need to get start with a new pac and add fewer lines...). Also, how would you make a grab capable of SDing?

KingSlimeKnight

Smash Apprentice
Just wanted to mention that I'll have a Kirby pac out as soon as I can fix a very bad and very strange glitch I'm getting (Kirby's Usmash and down tilted Fsmash crash the game. Which is odd because they're nearly identical to vBrawl and the down tilted Fsmash is identical to the up tilted Fsmash. Maybe I just need to get start with a new pac and add fewer lines...). Also, how would you make a grab capable of SDing?
If Kirby's uthrow or fthrow moves foward...:confused: I'd like to see that happen.

Numbuh 214

Smash Apprentice
An idea to nerf Bowser and an idea to buff him back up again:

-Bowser's heavy armor or whatever form of armor he will have only applies when ON THE GROUND and is doubled when crouching. Gives new meaning to the phrase "crouch-cancel".

-If the player presses B while Bowser grabs someone normally, he will cancel into the belly flop portion of his Side-B.

Just ideas here, no one has to use them (and they may not even be possible).

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
You can't make grabs SD.

Kirby's up angled Fsmash is not identical to his down angled fsmash.

You probably messed with angled fsmashes without knowing how to fiddle with them properly yet, so yeah, that's probably what happened. You should probably put the fsmashes back to normal and continue from there.

Also, I got GnW's Nair to swap between fishbowl and parachute depending on whether or not you hold down the A button during the move. It's nice.

PosthumusES

Smash Apprentice
Well for Wario DSmash, I literally stand in front of the opponet and do DSmash it did NOTHING! I then turn around and only the last part or near lst part hit :x

NNID
Budget_Player
Well for Wario DSmash, I literally stand in front of the opponet and do DSmash it did NOTHING! I then turn around and only the last part or near lst part hit :x
It sucks. Try getting closer.

You can't make grabs SD.

You probably messed with angled fsmashes without knowing how to fiddle with them properly yet, so yeah, that's probably what happened. You should probably put the fsmashes back to normal and continue from there.

Also, I got GnW's Nair to swap between fishbowl and parachute depending on whether or not you hold down the A button during the move. It's nice.
YESZ

ss118

Smash Master
Why are you using the snapshot, and what's your region?
Looking at the instructions at the bottom, I thought I had to use the snapshot. Initially I tried doing this without reading the directions, but it was the same with just added hitstun when I normally loaded with gecko. I figured out how to get the picture to show(I made an extra "al" folder next to the "st" one and put it in there), but I can view it but nothing extra happens.

I'm NSTC(or w/e it is), since I know I'm not PAL. Thanks for any assistance.

Mawootad

Smash Rookie
You can't make grabs SD.

The code is vBrawl with two extra lines that work perfectly on the other fsmashes (my file must have become corrupted, now that I think about it, as one of the bad moves went from working to not working without any changes being made to it...)

Also, would anyone happen to know where I could find a more complete documentation of whats known about PSA than the events list provided with Smash Attacks? Like, for instance, being able to cancel an attack only into specific other attacks?

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
The code is vBrawl with two extra lines that work perfectly on the other fsmashes (my file must have become corrupted, now that I think about it, as one of the moves went from working to not working without any changes being made to it...)

Also, would anyone happen to know where I could find a more complete documentation of whats known about PSA than the events list provided with Smash Attacks? Like, for instance, being able to cancel an attack only into specific other attacks?
Check the PSA list thread and download the new parameters and events text files, then replace them with the ones in the PSA. I hope you're using 0.2.1, and not version 1.3

Mawootad

Smash Rookie
Check the PSA list thread and download the new parameters and events text files, then replace them with the ones in the PSA. I hope you're using 0.2.1, and not version 1.3
Already have... In any case, I'm going to take a vBrawl Kirby pac and attempt to recode it without adding/removing any lines from actions (though I'll probably have to create some new subroutines and add some loops, and I'm not sure how good/bad that is).

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
The front page says Jiggs is being redone, but I don't see anything about the new changes in the forum. Do you guys have a new plan for her, or should I go post some of my thoughts?

NNID
Budget_Player
The front page says Jiggs is being redone, but I don't see anything about the new changes in the forum. Do you guys have a new plan for her, or should I go post some of my thoughts?
The new updated jiggs is looking pretty good. It needs more testing though. It has several ideas; but feel free to post yours.

Beat you to it:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=259333

Another reason I'm really hoping a stable version is out by then.
**** YEAH

Quick question are you guys going to put Zero in Brawl-?
If a working clone engine shows up, he'll probably be on the list of characters to add.

shanus

Smash Hero
Eldiran, you are severely underestimating the ridiculousness of sideB IASA into aerials with momentum preserved + edge canceling lol.

"i had this one kill where i jumped, did a fair and hit the opponent very far to the side of FD (near kill %), slid off the edge into another side B and fair'd and hit them agaiin and killed them and myself off the side."

Quick draw for lols!

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
It's really nice to see this picking up before it's even done xD.

I'll try to continue working even though school is being a betch atm. :I

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Eldiran, you are severely underestimating the ridiculousness of sideB IASA into aerials with momentum preserved + edge canceling lol.

"i had this one kill where i jumped, did a fair and hit the opponent very far to the side of FD (near kill %), slid off the edge into another side B and fair'd and hit them agaiin and killed them and myself off the side."

Quick draw for lols!
Heheh, I think I have all of that except for the edge canceling. I'm pretty sure the B- codes make it preserve momentum, so with that and all the other changes Ike may be a bit over-broken now <.< But we'll see.

Rkey

Smash Journeyman

Quick draw for lols!
How in the world is THIS a bad thing? This is awesome.

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
I'm having a problem with the new .gct. Whenever I go to load it through Gecko, it tells me "547 lines found, 424 line maximum" and then loads vBrawl. I've tried removing skins and whatnot, and it doesn't make a difference. Anyone know how to fix this?

ss118

Smash Master
I thought PAC was for texture, however, the character files for brawl Minus are PAC. Also, im putting in the PAC files in the correct directory, but its not working. private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/ganon/fitganon.pac however, the character is not updated to brawl minus form

ZacTASTIC

Smash Apprentice
I thought PAC was for texture, however, the character files for brawl Minus are PAC. Also, im putting in the PAC files in the correct directory, but its not working. private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/ganon/fitganon.pac however, the character is not updated to brawl minus form
Texture .pac and .pcs end in a 2-digit number as in FitGanon01.pcs. No numbers=character attributes and alterations to the moveset.

Do you have the Brawl- gct file? put that in your codes folder and try it again. It should work. If you already did that, then re-download it. Make sure it is FitGanon.pac

I'm having a problem with the new .gct. Whenever I go to load it through Gecko, it tells me "547 lines found, 424 line maximum" and then loads vBrawl. I've tried removing skins and whatnot, and it doesn't make a difference. Anyone know how to fix this?
What version of Gecko do you have? It requires 1.9.1 or 1.9.3 I believe.

someone who was totally hyped on this told me that they're not going to get it because Fox is too broken.
Of all the characters to call broken he says FOX?! lol. Fox is far from broken when compared to the rest of teh cast. Keep in mind that 5-stocking a CPU is extremely easy with almost any character; you have to play against humans to get the real experience.

LOL Edited 4 times because I suck.

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
What version of Gecko do you have? It requires 1.9.1 or 1.9.3 I believe.
I'm using 1.9.3

Edit: I put the text into code manager and selected export, and it told me "More than 256 lines of code active! Please select less codes!"

Double edit: Got a newer version of code manager, and it doesn't give me that error anymore. However, when I go to fire up Brawl- through Gecko it still gives me the "547 lines of code found, 424 max" error and loads normal Brawl.

Triple edit: I needed to put the gameconfig.txt into the root of the SD card, not add it to the rest of it via code manager. It's working now, so hopefully I'll have a ton of input later today after my tournament is done

ss118

Smash Master
i'm doing the right thing, because brawl- loads up through Gecko, it' s just that whenever i try to load up one of the characters, it doesn't work. As I've said, I'm using the right directories.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Are you running a PAL game for some reason? Do you have gameconfig.txt? Are you using a USB loader?

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
What's up with the stage select on the new .gct? There's a ton of stages (three Final D's, few Battlefields, two NPCity's) on the Melee stage select that crash the game, and the random stage switch doesn't do anything. Can I disable the code doing this so I don't have to worry about people hitting 'random' and crashing the game?

camzy

Smash Journeyman
This project has slowly caught my interest. I'll wait though until Alpha is released before testing this. Coders and hackers should continue their good work!

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
What's up with the stage select on the new .gct? There's a ton of stages (three Final D's, few Battlefields, two NPCity's) on the Melee stage select that crash the game, and the random stage switch doesn't do anything. Can I disable the code doing this so I don't have to worry about people hitting 'random' and crashing the game?
What we're going to do soon is distribute some stages, that's PW's stage expansion engine you're seeing. If you don't have any Custom#.pacs then it freezes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom