• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: Released. See the new thread up top in the sticky section ^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
sdhc is anything over 2 gigs. have you used this SD card in the past? also, do the textures load, or is nothing loading? maybe you have the wrong gct?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
You need to get some Wifi waiting room replacements (SSE stages) because we haven't packaged any yet. Put them in the stages/melee folder and name them CUSTOM1 - CUSTOM9.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I'm making a broken Snake.
I'll upload the pac in a bit but here's a changelist of what I modified.
Code:
Jab 2 and 3 does slightly more damage, given aura effect.
Ftilt 1 trips more often, does more damage
Ftilt 2 does more damage given electric elemental
Utilt hitboxes mirrored to give range behind Snake, given fire element and added flame effect
Dtilt IASA frame a bit earlier
Mortar does more damage and a bit more knockback
Fsmash does more damage
Mine does more damage and knockback
Nair does more damage
Fair slowed down, given freeze effect
added obvious warnings
Choking speed about 3x faster
Fthrow and Bthrow have a higher knockback gain
Pulls out grenade faster
Cypher does more knockback
C4 detonation much faster
C4 explosion has more knockback base but lower knockback gain
Increased horizontal air movement.
http://www.mediafire.com/?dy2zmm54zyy

shanus

Smash Hero
Remove his cap on grenades. Remove the line IF 1C:D i think from the nade pull.

Leo Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
Heheh, I think I have all of that except for the edge canceling. I'm pretty sure the B- codes make it preserve momentum, so with that and all the other changes Ike may be a bit over-broken now <.< But we'll see.

Actually, Ike is almost perfect the way he is. Just reduce the base knockback on his dash attack and forward aerial (but only by a small amount, although the dash attack needs it more), either that or the knockback growth. Then he'll be perfect.

Reason I say this is that I can two-hit most characters on Final Destination if I smack someone with the forward aerial towards the edge and then follow up with a dash attack. Then again you have to be really quick.

ss118

Smash Master
I think something needs to be done with luigi. He's literally the definition of "zero to death combo with no chance of escaping" broken. But that's not the part that annoys me the most about him: it's the fact that he can start up the combos so easily.

It wouldn't be so bad if Luigi had anything to punish: with the current shield stun+lack of lag on aerials, you have a tough time in punishing missed aerials, especially those like Nair which pretty much "exchanges" hits with almost every other attack. And then from that point it doesn't take long until you set up for the kill using the "weak" hit up his up B.

If you want to correct this(or maybe you'll just ignore me), I would suggest making the following points:

1) make shield stun less.
This seems like the most plausible solution, since stuff like IASA down-tilts from certain members of the cast can easily just shield break if they hit with one(MK, Marth). In general, the game doesn't have enough defensive play, so this could potentially make the game more balanced as it aids defensive players.
2) Increase the landing lag on Luigi's aerials.
This helps in both being able to punish people who just throw out nairs, since currently you HAVE to outrange it to beat it. If you attack and don't outrange it, you just exchange hits where Luigi continues the combo thanks to his general floatiness. If you shield, the luigi can just proceed to dair and then up B your shield to break it(or just footstool jump your shield and put you in the ground). Then he can just start a combo at low damages or just kill you with a sweet spotted up B. Finally, if you try to airdodge they can just follow you and either hit you with the weakest part(quite possibly ending with you dead), or if you avoid the nair your still in range to be hit by an uptilt, up smash, or just another nair.
3) make every character as good as luigi.
I mean hey, it's an option!

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Actually, Ike is almost perfect the way he is. Just reduce the base knockback on his dash attack and forward aerial (but only by a small amount, although the dash attack needs it more), either that or the knockback growth. Then he'll be perfect.

Reason I say this is that I can two-hit most characters on Final Destination if I smack someone with the forward aerial towards the edge and then follow up with a dash attack. Then again you have to be really quick.
Are you sure you're using the Ike that I made? My Ike-'s Fair actually has the same knockback as normal Ike, and his dash attack has almost no knockback, since I made it into a combo starter.

Here's the link to mine:

http://brawlminus.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=128&pid=3092#pid3092

When you see how long the changelist is, you'll know why I worry about him being overpowered :p

NNID
Budget_Player
Are you sure you're using the Ike that I made? My Ike-'s Fair actually has the same knockback as normal Ike, and his dash attack has almost no knockback, since I made it into a combo starter.

Here's the link to mine:

When you see how long the changelist is, you'll know why I worry about him being overpowered :p
Most people can't read that link. The download/submission section has semi-restricted access.

btw Mario pummel does nothing and yeah the Wario D-Smash will not hit at all just saying
All right, I'll look into these bugs.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
Okay, I just got back from a weekend of NO INTERNET (-_-) and playing brawl- with my friends.

I can only say this.

HOLY. CRAP.

It's so good. I love it. Metaknight is awesome, Yoshi is godly, toon link .............. omfg Toon Link has the best ground game in the ****ing history of ground games...... zomg.

This is an epic hack of epic proportions. I plan to take this to the London monthly ranbat at the end of the month (providing I get the correct snaploaders and pacs and stuff) and hopefully to the UK nationals as a friendlies setup also.

Anyways what have I missed? I read something may be wrong? O_o I haven't been on here for a few days.... dunno how many new posts there are. Btw tsunami's snaploader works perfectly fine, if you wanted to know. I'm running it with B+'s gct and his snapshot, and everything works great. :D

NNID
Budget_Player
Those were both fixed a loooong time ago, just put up the new builds BPC.
I'm pretty sure these are the new builds. I think. W/e, I'll update mario and wario from the forum.

Okay, I just got back from a weekend of NO INTERNET (-_-) and playing brawl- with my friends.

I can only say this.

HOLY. CRAP.

It's so good. I love it. Metaknight is awesome, Yoshi is godly, toon link .............. omfg Toon Link has the best ground game in the ****ing history of ground games...... zomg.

This is an epic hack of epic proportions. I plan to take this to the London monthly ranbat at the end of the month (providing I get the correct snaploaders and pacs and stuff) and hopefully to the UK nationals as a friendlies setup also.

Anyways what have I missed? I read something may be wrong? O_o I haven't been on here for a few days.... dunno how many new posts there are. Btw tsunami's snaploader works perfectly fine, if you wanted to know. I'm running it with B+'s gct and his snapshot, and everything works great. :D
Toon link is getting nerfed. That upB is STUPID. Hence why we don't prerelease non-approved characters. You think that's bad, try zelda. >.>

TBH, if you're gonna be bringing Brawl- to a tournament, you shouldn't just take the private backroom build (even if you're privy to it, which many are). You should ask us to make a package with the best functional characters. Kitamerby, for example, has brought Brawl- to a tournament twice. First time, everyone just spammed wario fsmash back and forth and got bored. Second time, something else I can't remember happened.

Yeah BPC do what TSON said and put the new builds up lol

take your time and I can't wait for the new build :3
Neither can I. We're running a little short on time; there may be a release delay.

NNID
Budget_Player
Well, first of all, we have the hurricane slash. Grounded upB is long, does good damage, does good shield damage, and moves fast. As in, across the stage like MK's tornado.
Then there's the fire arrows which stay as a hitbox on the ground.
Then, of course, we have that absolutely hilarious boomerang which is ice going out, fire coming in. Get hit by one and not the other, get *****.

TL is beastly. Boomerang needs a nerf though. It currently kills bowser at like 50 due to his heavy armor. Makes sense? Not really.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
Toon link is getting nerfed. That upB is STUPID. Hence why we don't prerelease non-approved characters. You think that's bad, try zelda. >.>

TBH, if you're gonna be bringing Brawl- to a tournament, you shouldn't just take the private backroom build (even if you're privy to it, which many are). You should ask us to make a package with the best functional characters. Kitamerby, for example, has brought Brawl- to a tournament twice. First time, everyone just spammed wario fsmash back and forth and got bored. Second time, something else I can't remember happened.
Yeah, I was about to say; The grounded UpB is IMPOSSIBLE to avoid unless you're already a good distance above him; it moves too fast, it punishes every possible tech, spotdodge or roll, and worst it is a complete and utterly instantly shieldbreaker. XD

Maybe if it wasn't so **** good at breaking shields, it wouldn't be too bad (you could just shield it, spotdodge near the end and punish with a grab or a quick A move) but yeah.

the above is based on what you sent me a while ago. I daresay the private backroom build has already nerfed him substantially compared to what I have.

I do want to take Brawl- to a tournament but as you rightly said, it's far from finished and a lot needs changing. Since the tourney is on the 30th it's possible that 90% of all characters will be finished or at least playable to a fairly balanced standard, but I will be sure to consult you about that before the tourney so you can send me an appropriate fighter RAR to set up the game with.

Just so long as you don't nerf Yoshi. I LOVE Yoshi on this game.

And what's with Metaknight's Fair anyway? It has NO knockback, was that intentional? No wonder he was pulled back to testing stages. But my feedback on him: do you think he's broken enough already? do you think he's not broken enough or too broken for the standard? I can offer my feedback on him based on what you feel he is, since I was using him a lot over the weekend. He IS **** (so many godly combos and gimps) but I'd like to know if you feel he needs improving or nerfing before I can offer anything on him.

And for the record I hate Zelda. :bee:

Leo Kitsune

Smash Apprentice

Here's the link to mine:

I don't believe I'm using that one. I tend to forget characters often, so I just download the full package of everyone gathered up. The package contains a Zelda that can crash the game though...

NNID
Budget_Player
Yeah, I was about to say; The grounded UpB is IMPOSSIBLE to avoid unless you're already a good distance above him; it moves too fast, it punishes every possible tech, spotdodge or roll, and worst it is a complete and utterly instantly shieldbreaker. XD

Maybe if it wasn't so **** good at breaking shields, it wouldn't be too bad (you could just shield it, spotdodge near the end and punish with a grab or a quick A move) but yeah.

the above is based on what you sent me a while ago. I daresay the private backroom build has already nerfed him substantially compared to what I have.

I do want to take Brawl- to a tournament but as you rightly said, it's far from finished and a lot needs changing. Since the tourney is on the 30th it's possible that 90% of all characters will be finished or at least playable to a fairly balanced standard, but I will be sure to consult you about that before the tourney so you can send me an appropriate fighter RAR to set up the game with.

Just so long as you don't nerf Yoshi. I LOVE Yoshi on this game.

And what's with Metaknight's Fair anyway? It has NO knockback, was that intentional? No wonder he was pulled back to testing stages. But my feedback on him: do you think he's broken enough already? do you think he's not broken enough or too broken for the standard? I can offer my feedback on him based on what you feel he is, since I was using him a lot over the weekend. He IS **** (so many godly combos and gimps) but I'd like to know if you feel he needs improving or nerfing before I can offer anything on him.

And for the record I hate Zelda. :bee:
1. We will have this solid soon. We just have some work we need to do. Some divine intervention would be nice, I suppose. Here's, more or less, the list of things to do.

Kirby needs a few tweaks but is mostly good.
Marth needs to be redone or rethought; my version is too broken and PyR's isn't changed worth ****.
MK needs fixing. Probably a redo.
Peach needs to be done totally, unless I've missed something.
ICs are being done by Kirk.
ROB... ROB should be redone or at least heavily edited. He has some funny stuff, but WTF? Ftilt as a kill move, fair as a spike, nair angle is like luigi's fair, no dash attack (???)... ROB is wtf.
Snake needs more done to him, that's all. I think making his hitboxes bigger and more stupid is a good idea, but it isn't enough to give him the minus feeling. Needs more zany nade/nikita/c4/mine ****.
ZSS needs to be rethought and remade. My build sucks.
Zelda needs to be rethought and remade. Her current idea just isn't fair.

A lot. Plus, a lot of the stuff which is supposedly solid is being put into question again.

2. TL's upB is probably going to get nerfed again.

3. We will try to make the 30th deadline. I mean, it ain't just what you have. We also are a side event at Phase 5, and our personal pride. :V Stuff we need to do.

4. MK needs fixing. Fair was a failed attempt, mostly.

5. Everyone does except my friend, who made her and ledgecamps with fairs from across the stage. She's getting remade.

I don't believe I'm using that one. I tend to forget characters often, so I just download the full package of everyone gathered up. The package contains a Zelda that can crash the game though...
This is why said packages are not publicly available. That said... hmm. When did you get access? :V

LordshadowRagnarok

Smash Journeyman
Luigi's side B needs a bit of a nerf. It passing through things and being 100% missfire is just too good. I've spent entire matches trying to stop Luigis from Side B spamming and I only wind up killing myself in the process. I think, at very least, a little start up lag needs to be worked into it. Not a lot. Just enough that you can attempt to do something, That or allow knocking him back during it. As it stands now, Luigi feels TOO broken compared to the other characters.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
My cousin actually suggested the following for luigi's sideB:

On vBrawl, there's a 1/8 chance of the misfire.

On Brawl- therefore, we should have a 1/8 chance that it doesn't. But not only that, it should:
a) act as a normal, but VERY NERFED green missile (i.e. very slow, barely any knockback)
b) make him go absolutely nowhere. (kinda like if he sideB's into a wall)
c) spike himself

I quite like the idea of c) but it would therefore be a game of luck to recover with him. ;)

My cousin also thinks that for a laugh Luigi's upB should have different sound effects randomly. Same power, different effects.

a) the coin "ping ping ping" thing
b) the sound vBrawl's G&W makes on the #1 hammer (the no-flinch hit)
c) his dash attack voice
d) his dtaunt voice
e) anything else anyone can think of that would be funny.

It wouldn't nerf him or break him, it'd just be freaking funny.

@ lordshadowragnarok - either shield, spotdodge or space it (since it always misfires, you can guess where he's going to land) and punish him when he lands. I believe some moves out-prioritise it - not sure which - so you can try to work those out and bait him into a move that you know will overprioritise and punish him.

From playing against Luigi that's what I think anyway. :B

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
did u say zelda camped fairs from across the stage. how? what else was changed about her? was she to broken? what are your plans for her?

And that rob sounds pretty cool as well, f-tilt should stay a kill move

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
did u say zelda camped fairs from across the stage. how? what else was changed about her? was she to broken? what are your plans for her?

I showed her off at pound 4 (as the, definitely nowhere near finished character), she was a topic of conversation on the Zelda boards. She gets a straight line of fair hitbox going across the stage that sweetspots, starting at her foot.

Yes, she needs a massive overhaul to make her balanced.

If I can get the vids uploaded, I should have a few with Zelda.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
^that sounds pretty awesome i hope u can get the videos uploaded. Also i hope they don't change her so i can see her uber broken at when i get back to school.

NNID
Budget_Player
Is there a G&W update out yet? =D
Yeah. I should update the OP with it.

Zelda's main gimmick here is, to make her safe on shield and have a camping game that isn't shut down just by "powershield the bad projectile", we're giving most of her attacks ghost hitboxes. Distant, hard to hit with, but powerful. The problem is, we messed up on fair-it is not hard to hit with at all, and it hits like the Fair normal sweetspot.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
^zelda sounds rel fun/cool in this can't wait to get to try her out, and yea i understand nerfing her fair a bit if its to easy to sweet spot from across the stage. Also what have u done with her up-B? just wondering if u only took off lag or did something crazy (but awesome) like let her up-B twice before free-fall or even made it so her up-B does not put her into free-fall at all.

And on my post ^^ i ment i hope u don't change until after i get back to school so i can see her super broken form but of course i understand if she is to good she needs to be nerfed a little.

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
Is there a tutorial or something out there for how to do this stuff?

I'd love to help, but have absolutely no idea how to hack. If someone wants to teach me I'll see if I can do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom