• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Project Hub: OP updated 4/28 w/expansion pack and why it is necessary

Veril

Frame Savant
epic response, ptI-III

...No one character should be LEAGUES ahead of another.

Lastly. Sorry if I sound all high and mighty/ demanding. But I get really angry when I see blatant.. stupidity.
Ouch. None of what you posted shows that either Bowser or Sonic are leagues ahead of even the majority of the cast. Your argument, if it is based around ease of use, may have some truth in the case of Bowser, but this alone isn't enough to justify nerfing him. If your argument is that Bowser and Sonic have radically better options, or even just better options than most or all of the cast, that is simply not true.

When I spoke with you on the phone today, before I had read this but well after you had written it, I think a lot got cleared up. The major reason moves kill earlier is that the boundaries have been altered on the majority of stages. This affects every character and every KO move. It lets KO moves function before the strings/combos into them cease functioning, gets rid of the remnants of momentum canceling, and decreases the average match length. I could go into how this is the final step to tweaking the ratio of risk to reward, but that's for another wall of text...

So, let me address your points:

1. Bowser.

- Bair. Insanely powerful. comes out in 8 frames and can be done from the ledge with (invulnerability and) more than enough time for bowser to come back on stage. And because of the bairs launch angle, he can easily thwart good recoveries. About it's landing lag, I do know exact numbers, but I know it isn't much and it's not like it matters because If he bairs your shield you'll be well out of range to do anything meaningful. This move is atrociously OP. Solution: raise the launch angle and make it slower. No character should be a huge threat facing you, and facing away from you. and should the move fail, it deserves to be punished.
The only angle we changed on bair was on the weak hit, not the strong hit. The bair was really good prior to this set. It kills better off the side in this set, but so does every other move... it wasn't buffed damage or kb-wise. Off the side aerial KOs are earlier across the board. It affects Jiggs fair, Lucas's f-smash, Ganon's fair, Peach's f-throw... its not a matter of any individual move. The bair weak hit simply got changed from the sakurai angle to having the same 20° angle as the strong hit.

Aerials being difficult to punish on shield is also something that isn't at all unique to Bowser, its a quality many aerials share, across the cast we see examples of this with SHFF aerials (Marth, Ganon, Jiggs, Bowser, Peach, Pikachu, Ike, etc).

Pt II.

Jigglypuff is considered to be at least top 3 by most people. But no one (in the WBR) has brought attention to anything that should be changed about her. As good as she his, no scrub is going to pick her up and be ready for tournament right away. Jigglypuff requires a decent amount of mastery to be effective with, where as bowser just gets away with flailing. This is almost exactly what happened with Dedede. Dedede got fixed and now he's fine, i know Bowser will be too
Jigglypuff WAS brought up fairly often as a character who had been massively overbuffed in 6.0, everything we nerfed about her was voted on. In fact, removing her bair size buff was something you voted for (Gurukid was the only person opposed). She also lost her killing up-throw.

Bowser's aerials are no more safe now than they were in 6.0. If you have seriously decided to hold off on mentioning them until now, but still call it 'obvious stupidity'. H***, bowser's aerials are no more safe than they were in 5.0! So its been like over 6 months that these aerials have been **** and NOW they are getting brought up... right... >.<

Pt III.

- DownB. =| This move is just really ********. As if the power wasn't insane enough, the shield damage is astronomical. It kills Jigglypuff as early as 42% and kills DK as early as 66% It doesn't hurt to mention that this can be done easily from armor crouch and if Bowser grounds you near the ledge, he can cover 3/4 of your get up options, the 4th option being to roll TOWARDS him. =|
Solution: Reduce knockback. Seriously, the move does at least 20 damage. It shouldn't be killing that early.
Down-b on prediction against someone who missed a tech covering several options isn't really that bad. You could say the exact same thing about Ganon's down-b, or DK's/DDD's d-smash (Buuman trap anyone?), or any number of other moves. Missing a tech when near the ledge is really bad. If the person DOES tech, this no MUST be done on prediction and if you are wrong Bowser is gonna get punished fairly hard. Its forced Yomi. Again, not unique to Bowser.

This move has also been absurdly powerful for as long as I can remember playing B+.

A few important things to note about it: only the strongest hitbox kills at 42%. That's if the weaker faster hitbox (which pokes you up into the stronger one) does not hit, because the second strong hit is less weak than the strongest possible hit. The first hitbox appears relatively fast (frame 11), does 4 damage and without any DI will knock you into a stronger hit (but not necessarily the strongest hit). The later hitbox is gonna land around frame 33 (minimum aerial) to 43 (grounded estimate). The notable hitboxes are the weak initial setup hit, the omegadeath a**box, the less strong early aerial a**box, and weaker hitboxes lateral to the central hitbox (noticable when you land but don't get a direct hit).

As to it being difficult or impossible to punish on block (which you brought up when we spoke), this isn't true if the spacing is such that the strong hit collides with the shield. The adv is around -50. The pushback isn't enough to even come close to preventing a dash-grab after shield drop, even from characters with garbage dash grabs. The only character who might not be able to punish is Luigi and that's due to his incredibly low friction.

- Whirling Fortress. I see that the move was fixed up some what and it's a start, but I still feel like it's not enough. I'd say bring the damage down to 8. It comes out in 5 frames making it an amazing combo break move. Not only that but the speed makes it easy to spam, and it's an easy way to punish spaced attacks. Not only that but it's a very potent vertical kill move. It can easily survive on 8%
Bowser's up-b OOS has been a problematically good defensive tactic forever. Moreso than any other use of the up-b, OOS is by far the most useful. It is a very powerful KO move and has invincibility. That said, it is literally the single most important defensive tactic Bowser has, and altering it is a very significant move on our parts.

Closing comments on Bowser:
1. Glick get in here.
2. VaNz most legit concern imo is how safe Bowser's aerials are on block. If they really are substantially safer than the norm than this is a problem. If it is shown that there are ways to punish say, fair on block, than I will post them.
3. Bowser has been like this for a while. Its not what I did, merely that this new set exists. Bowser's down-b might have killed Jiggs at 50 or so in 6.0. I know I was killed by that move at extremely low (40ish) percents as Jigglypuff on FD before the boundary adjustments.

2. Sonic.

Sonic has been given so much in plus, it's a wonder that Sonic mains play vBrawl at all. But this latest build.. is what set me off. (i remember now)

- Nair. This is critical because I think this is the worst thing to happen to B+ (next to that Dedede hammer thing <_<) The first question I want to ask is, who decided on this change? And why was there never a vote for this? We could have addressed it earlier and possibly avoided putting it out in the first place. First off.. I believe this Nair is stronger than Pikachu's (which is one of Pikachu's primary kill techniques) except.. Sonic has INSANE aerial mobility so he can literally put that Nair where ever he wants. He can combo into it from one of his roll attacks. He can gain running momentum and cross the shield with it (out of harm's way). I knew this move looked dumb when I first noticed it was different, but when I saw it knock Snake out of his recovery with it and kill him a painfully low percentage. (can't remember it, double digits tho) I had to know who did this. Solution: Revert back to the previous Nair fix. It was fine the way it was. If it isn't broken, why fix it?
That was a mistake. The angle was not supposed to be that low. Blind has explained already iirc.

- Usmash. Oh.My.God. At first I was alarmed when this killed my Jigglypuff at 85. But I soon learned that an uncharged Usmash can kill her as early as 71% I wanted to shoot myself. Seriously, how the hell did this get into circulation. Has anyone seen Sonic's running Usmash? It's clearly made for getting some easy chip damage. And it's safe. Does anyone remember the last multi-hit move that was a ridiculous vertical killer? I do. It was Zelda's Usmash. The same move that has been kicking our ***** here in the WBR.. has been reincarnated in Sonic. Only new and improved with running speed and it hits through platforms =D Solution: Revert back to previous fix. It had a moderate power boost and it was more likely to land all hits. THAT WAS FINE.
Except Zelda's up-smash hits on frame 6 and Sonic's hits on frame 19. Also Zelda's will poke shields more effectively and cannot (reasonably) be escaped, whereas at KO% on floaties they still will fall out of the move before the knockback hit (Jiggs can do this without DI STILL). The hitboxes aren't at all comparable and Zelda has partial invincibility. That said, up-smash may have been overbuffed. My position is that time will tell with this, but if everyone wants the kbg adjustment to the move taken out than... well I really hope that isn't the case.

And another thing, people are always, always, ALWAYS going to complain about how they feel their character isn't good enough, or their character is at the bottom.. or w/e. And the truth is, HALF OF THE CAST IS GOING TO BE AT THE BOTTOM. No matter how balanced the game gets, there are going to be characters/players who win more and that's how tier lists/rankings are made. We just have to tell people to live with it. My goal is to help make sure that all of the characters we have can compete with one another. No one character should be LEAGUES ahead of another.
I agree with this, but not that Bowser/Sonic are leagues ahead of everyone.

So, Bowser... he's really good. But seriously, this is not new. Its old. Really old in fact. And for the 3 months I wanted feedback. ???

So now I'm in a tricky situation, going into 7.03 where I shouldn't make character changes that aren't related to coding accidents (ex. Sonic's nair and arguably up-smash due to overlapping changes). And to really address what you brought up, I'd have to alter ALR on his aerials and the up-b OOS. Both huge changes.

Discuss.

lord karn

Smash Master
^ what Bowsers do you play? You mentioned that Bowser "threatens a lot of space" which just makes him having all that power twice as dumb. Good Bowsers know their character's limitations and that the best way to play him effectively is to space with bowser's incredibly safe aerials. Not only that.. but Nair > Utilt > Utilt > Aerial is a ridiculous combo engine for character of his size and power build. From there, you're just one aerial from being off the stage and potentially dead.

Also, Glick and I have this double bowser team that pretty much dominated the best team in our region. (Guru+Blackanese) I really don't remember how we did it, I just remember throwing out a ton of aerials and it really just wasn't safe for them to move. So singles isn't the only place where he's easy and just an overall bad character design.

I agree that he's not the best in the game, but he CERTAINLY is not in the bottom. He has a few match ups that aren't in his favor (GaW, Sheik, CF come to mind) but being the "the best" in the game aren't the only reasons a character should be fix. Jigglypuff is considered to be at least top 3 by most people. But no one (in the WBR) has brought attention to anything that should be changed about her. As good as she his, no scrub is going to pick her up and be ready for tournament right away. Jigglypuff requires a decent amount of mastery to be effective with, where as bowser just gets away with flailing. This is almost exactly what happened with Dedede. Dedede got fixed and now he's fine, i know Bowser will be too

My roommate used to main bowser and still seconds him. He beats a lot of the better players in NC with bowser. However, I know the matchup, and I usually **** his bowser every time, with a majority of characters. But I don't have to play amazing bowsers to realize that certain matchups are not good for him. Furthermore, just because a bowser team ***** your region, doesn't mean that he's actually good. I picked up ganon a while ago and ***** a tournament with him. Ganon's definitely not near the top; they just didn't know the matchup.

In responding to your post I noted that it might be the case that it's dumb that he's so easy to play. However, if your nerfing his easy-to-play level then you have to give him compensations as a character. You suggested weakening his moves. If it is the case that he is not broken on a level where people know matchups, then nerfing his output would only make him even worse of a character, which is something that should not be done. Essentially what you are suggesting would make him less stupid on a level where people don't know what they are doing, but terrible on a level where people know how to fight bowser. How difficult a character is to play does not affect how good the character is, unless the difficulty of playing the character is actually really really hard for humans to everything right consistently, which is not the case for bowser.

However, I should also note that even if it is annoying that characters can be easy to play, I don't think we should address this anymore. It's not that big of a deal; people should just learn the matchups. Now that we've released a gold edition we shouldn't be changing this stuff. It's really not that big of a deal, anyways. I would also like to note that I think Jigglypuff is way easier to play than bowser. Ganon is really easy, too. I've done significantly well with both of those characters at tournaments just days after picking them up. However, I would say that jiggs is by far the easiest out of those characters. The reason? Jiggs is actually a good character. Once I get to fight players who are actually good or know the matchup, I still am playing a better character. This is not as much the case with either ganon or bowser. Once you get to top level play, ganon and bowser would stop being dominant, but jiggs probably still would be.

As for my comment about him being somewhere closer to the bottom. I still think that's true from a purely matchup based analysis. I think bowser has a lot of bad matchups. It doesn't make any difference that his matchups are easier to play. Also, even if he's near the bottom, that doesn't mean he is not a viable character. The only character I think is terrible is samus, but that's probably because I've never played a good samus.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
Where to begin:

Bowser:

Bair - from what i can see there are 18 frames of landing lag, i don't see why most characters can't punish that. If its from tippered range being safe that your worried about... well then why aren't ganon's fair, ike's fair, dk's bair, snake's bair in discussion? Cuz those characters are all pretty slow, yet seem to have safe pokes from the air when used correctly. Its all about spacing, don't shield stuff from max range, learn to dash dance.

Down b - im shocked this is even being discussed. Yeah stuff is gunna kill earlier, we dropped the boundaries. The move also happens to be very very punishable on whif, nothing wrong with that. Veril already covered the hitbox deal, i just don't see the issue here.

Side b - this move should probably be killing around 80-90% on a midweight landing on a battlefield platform. If its earlier, i guess you have an argument, but im not sure i haven't played bowser extensively this set.

Up b - This is a move thats always been a part of bowser's arsenal, being good at punishing unsafe approaches. It does at least as much in melee damage wise, was just as annoying, but worked out just fine i think.

Sonic:
Upsmash - no nerf needed here. Fox is just as fast, has a MUCH stronger upsmash, can combo into it, and can't di out of it, yet isn't broken. Sonic, when standing, you can just hold right, and you'll get knocked out. When running, and only if spaced VERY well, you can even sdi wiggle out of it. You really shouldnt' get hit by this move. Before the boundaries, you could kill jiggz with the upsmash at the very least, 90%. Nothing overpowered about that, considering fox kills so much earlier, sort of a bs argument here.

Nair - angle should probably change back to 35 or 40 maybe, but strength and speed wise, the move is fine. Sonic is supposed to chip at shields, thats what he does. No, the nair shouldn't kill below 100 near the edge, and if it does adjust the angle a bit to account for it.

This whole... mixing speed and strength argument really holds little weight when you look at fox and captain falcon...

EDIT:
Just tested and on fd, good di, sonic's upsmash... you don't kill jigglypuff until 90% STARTING percent. Where you got this 71% number is beyond me. If your referencing wario ware or halberd or something, well then your just inflating your numbers for the sake of the argument, not very conducive to game balancing. Just for reference, fox kills at 80, and for the arguments above... is considerably stronger.

Veril

Frame Savant
Sonic's up-smash kills Jiggs at 71 on FD without DI.

Side b - this move should probably be killing around 80-90% on a midweight landing on a battlefield platform. If its earlier, i guess you have an argument, but im not sure i haven't played bowser extensively this set.
Keep in mind that the ceiling of Battlefield is higher than on Final D by a small margin. FD is not the benchmark for KO%, they will vary across all the starters.

Bowser's side-b will be killing most characters around 100 without DI. The range is 83-123 (FD no DI), but you have to keep in mind the average is much closer to the max than the min due to character weight distributions (Jiggs is something of an outlier).

Sonic:
Upsmash - no nerf needed here. Fox is just as fast, has a MUCH stronger upsmash, can combo into it, and can't di out of it, yet isn't broken. Sonic, when standing, you can just hold right, and you'll get knocked out. When running, and only if spaced VERY well, you can even sdi wiggle out of it. You really shouldnt' get hit by this move. Before the boundaries, you could kill jiggz with the upsmash at the very least, 90%. Nothing overpowered about that, considering fox kills so much earlier, sort of a bs argument here.
Here's some comparative analysis for you guys: KO% are without DI, from Jiggs-DK (the average is much closer to DK keep in mind)

Sonic's up-smash
hits frame 19
71-107
Jiggs will escape 2/3 times without DI if hit on the ground. SDI allows for escape from this move for many characters.
will not shield poke a healthy shield
small non-disjointed hitbox
1 invincibility frame iirc

Zelda's up-smash
hits frame 6
74-109
Characters will not escape in reasonable circumstances. Frame advance super-DI does not count.
Can shield poke much more effectively
invincibility on portions
much larger hitbox

Fox's up-smash
hits frame 8
69-99
Single hit move

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I would prefer to revert it to normal plus edge fixes. Anybody else?
The edgefixes are already in I believe (for the first transformation). I guess we just put the other .PACs in to speed up the loading (and maybe fix 3rd transformation edge?).

I'm pretty indifferent with what happens to Castle Siege. Either of the two paths we take would lead to an interesting enough stage to play in tournament.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I have a local anime convention coming up, and while I would normally loathe the thought of it, they do run Smash tournaments each year. So I'm attempting to convince the guy in charge of the whole thing to let me run a B+ side tourney.

Figured I should get some input on the stagelist I'm thinking of using.

Starter:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium II
Smashville
WarioWare

Counterpick:
Delphino
Lylat Cruise
Yoshi's Island: Brawl
Pictoplus
Rumble Falls+
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium I
Rainbow Cruise
Jungle Japes+

Changes to Doubles
Wario Ware is banned
Brinstar is banned
SSE: Jungle is a neutral
Luigi's Mansion+ is a counterpick

Depending on what happens with the stages, Skyworld+ could be added, Summit+ could be added, PTAD+ could be added. PTAD+ needs some boundary fixes, haven't tried the latest Summit+ yet so if the more friction on the ice plays well, we'll see. Skyworld+ is a mixed bag as far as I'm concerned; there's a lot of good things you can do with the hitlag, and a lot of really dumb things you can do with the hitlag.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Personally, I'd go with "Work off MLG's list and add from there", but actually suggesting that will only end with flames. Literal flames.

At the very least, Mansion+ is a cp in singles. I may or may not ***** about stuff later.

(EDIT: note how FroHo and I both have sensors that go off when somebody says "stages" in a post. These sensors beep doubly fast if our hacks are mentioned.)

EDITEDIT: also, where the **** is halberd? not sharking again, please *anguished cry*

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
The reason why I'm not putting LM+ for singles in is because I know how a lot of people in my area play B+.
It's basically "I'm playing vBrawl for a minute... Oh hey I got a hit! Combo! Combo! Yeah! ... Back to vBrawl for a minute... Oh hey another hit! Combo! And now vBrawl again..."

If I do get the green light for this, I won't have all the time in the world for it, so I didn't want an already pretty campy stage being there for campy players to abuse. Amazing doubles stage though :p

EDIT: I'll get a chance to check out that PTAD tomorrow, but thanks for getting that up so quickly.

MK26

Smash Master
The reason why I'm not putting LM+ for singles in is because I know how a lot of people in my area play B+.
It's basically "I'm playing vBrawl for a minute... Oh hey I got a hit! Combo! Combo! Yeah! ... Back to vBrawl for a minute... Oh hey another hit! Combo! And now vBrawl again..."

If I do get the green light for this, I won't have all the time in the world for it, so I didn't want an already pretty campy stage being there for campy players to abuse. Amazing doubles stage though :p

EDIT: I'll get a chance to check out that PTAD tomorrow, but thanks for getting that up so quickly.

Have you played on Luigi's Mansion+? You can't run. There arent any ceilings to hide behind. Breaking the stage is actually a viable strategy. It is a counterpick, period.

EDIT: oh
i didnt read that right
you're pandering to the scrubs
imma come down to yo backwater town and **** all yall *****

Veril

Frame Savant
Have you played on Luigi's Mansion+? You can't run. There arent any ceilings to hide behind. Breaking the stage is actually a viable strategy. It is a counterpick, period.
This is one of those rare moments where I completely agree with you. Luigi's Mansion+ is completely legit as a singles counterpick.

I'd also put halberd as the singles CP and delfino as the doubles CP. Otherwise I'd have to do boundary adjustments on Delfino... whereas its fine atm as a doubles stage.

I... need to change my pants now.

Blinds

Smash Cadet
Delfino is a huge stage. If we did boundary adjustments on it, we would create walkoffs, not to mention the boundaries change. Also we have other stages that change already legal, why keep delfino legal when what differentiates it from the others is size, walkoffs and water (meaning spike traps)?

I can see it for doubles though because of its size.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Because it was already a fine CP in Singles regardless. :/

All its hazards a temporary and even then there are points in which the walk offs or water hazards aren't even there.

MK26

Smash Master
i have literally seen no complaints about delfino in vBrawl. How has it gotten worse without having changed? :confused:

also, siege, halberd, frigate, lylat (in the sense of the tilt patterns changing), and technically both brinstar and norfair change, in addition to delfino. Unless youve banned of of those stages, im very confused

i just...really dont like that list

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar

Leave Delfino alone!

Seriously though, I haven't seen any legitimate reason to ban Delfino or Halberd in singles or doubles. That would be unthinkable in vBrawl, and it should be unthinkable here too. I don't wanna have to explain to my tourney players why perfectly good CPs are banned.

And don't try the "overlapping strategies" argument because Delfino plays far more similarly to PTAD+ (especially if the boundaries are more reasonable) than it does to Halberd.

I think it's about time I whipped up a stagelist of my own. I'll do that later today when I have some time.

Glick

Smash Lord
I agree leave delfino alone. all hazards are temporary and don't chase you( like that stupid claw)

meaning you can camp and avoid the hazards until they change. Every part of delfino is good for at least one type of character.

beast cp imo

Veril

Frame Savant
Delfino is a huge stage. If we did boundary adjustments on it, we would create walkoffs, not to mention the boundaries change. Also we have other stages that change already legal, why keep delfino legal when what differentiates it from the others is size, walkoffs and water (meaning spike traps)?

I can see it for doubles though because of its size.
Blinds beat all of you by actually providing reasoning instead of saying "its fine in vBrawl". Guess what kids?! This ain't vBrawl!

If Delfino were to be a singles CP I would have to adjust boundaries on each individual part of the stage. Now I could do that or it could be a completely fine doubles CP. Characters in B+ may have lost most of momentum canceling (but not all) but weight and fall speed adjustments did affect survivability. A key component of this set is REDUCED KO%. This IS NOT VBRAWL STOP REFERENCING THAT S*** GAME... "rage"

i have literally seen no complaints about delfino in vBrawl. How has it gotten worse without having changed? :confused:

also, siege, halberd, frigate, lylat (in the sense of the tilt patterns changing), and technically both brinstar and norfair change, in addition to delfino. Unless youve banned of of those stages, im very confused

i just...really dont like that list
Way to not read Blinds post, which included the actual reasoning.

Out od the stages you listed Norfair is the only one banned in both Singles and doubles. The layout, presence of hazards, transformation, and bottom that can be passed through makes Delfino very similar to Halberd as a CP. WITH THE EXCEPTION THAT HALBERD HAS BETTER BOUNDARIES... for singles. It works out very nicely.

I want more than one sentence arguments. Also, please don't ever reference the s*** MLG stagelist. Its god-awful and shows how incredibly ignorant they are of the ridiculous crap that is possible on some stages (allowing MK to circumvent their LGL for example, something they clearly didn't consider on Norfair)

Veril

Frame Savant
Stage size is a CP attribute in stages with boundary adjustments already. See Luigi's Mansion. This is not the case with Delfino. No. No No No. 10000x no. Being huge is a terrible quality for a singles stage to have.

Also... you only responded to half of my argument. Which granted is better than most who responded to 0% of Blinds argument.

Just to reiterate:

And don't try the "overlapping strategies" argument because Delfino plays far more similarly to PTAD+ (especially if the boundaries are more reasonable) than it does to Halberd..
-Delfino is very much like Halberd as a CP except that the size variations make one better for doubles than singles. Seeing as I know someone is going to say: "No they aren't" without really backing it up... I'm just gonna leave this "placeholder for the expected Verilesque wall of text ****" Your one sentence fails.

-The hazards are not an issue. I have no problem with the hazards on Delfino.

-Delfino is huge in several transformations. If I didn't have a test tomorrow morning and class tonight I could get you some numbers for that. You'll have to wait for now...

options:
1. Ban Halberd for singles and change Delfino's boundaries in a different manner for each transformation (omg what a b**** that would be). Delfino is now CP for singles and doubles.
2. Keep things as they are with Halberd as singles CP and Delfino as doubles. Maybe get rid of the stupid claw.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i thought we explained this: stages have a set camera/death boundary. transformations don't change this. editing the boundaries for one part directly impacts the rest.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Veril: yes

FroHo: No, actually
They do change for Delfino (note the camera 'jumping' right before the stage touches down; that's the stage switching stage position model data)
really... so it has multiple stage position data within the pac?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
hm... well, at least it s still straight forward in editing them. i need to actually look at the pacs for more stages @_@

MK26

Smash Master
now the question is "what happens to halberd?"
(hint: edited halberd had wider sides than most of unedited delfino)

and the only important change that came out of the camera edit was on the umbrella transformation (the one with a shallow pool on the left side of the screen). There originally was a wall consisting of two "steps" on the far left side, just before the walkoff. now the second step has been pushed behind the death boundary. Thus there's only a single, smaller step before the boundary has been reached. Take that as you will, but the (completely arbitrary) formula i used to edit the sides just so happened to do that.

Not to mention that that wall never ceased to piss me off.

Not to mention that that particular transformation is tied for the smallest side boundaries by default, so it is tied for the least amount of side boundary changed.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
In vBrawl, Halberd was CPed for having a particularly low ceiling (in addition to the off-and-on passable main platform). I dunno if that's still the case, but I think that's what we should aim for with it, so it plays approximately the same and is a good CP for the same characters.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
I really like the stage list in the first post, leaving all the stages you have in banned, banned.

Also, i assume manually making changelists isn't needed anymore?

Top Bottom