• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ - Official 5.0 RC1 Build is now online! (Re-Use Autoupdater, Snake bug fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Wow...bowser fifth at a brawl+ tournament... AWESOME!!!!

and I just realized something...

The Mario series Victory theme is a remix of the old finish theme in the old super mario games.

HOW COME I JUST FIGURED THIS OUT

shanus

Smash Hero
yeah

I split first with duo going almost all ganon. I was in winners bracket. did you never look at the results?
what are your thoguhts on Yoshi DJC (optional DJC, that is, if you hold the jump + a you do rising aerials no problem, if you let go of jump then press a you DJC aerial)

Kuga

Smash Journeyman
Well,like me and YeS saind before,what about less endlag on his Bair,just a bit.
This is just some think that B+ screw offstage,like Snake Up-B C4 recovery.Or just a less Uthrow endlag.
Now he loses his Gaydair(even if he got his new Shine,his Dair was WAY2gud,but op) i think this can be add without buffing him.Because now his Bair is like his Melee Fair.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I know, and we are keeping that in mind. I don't want to promise a day but tomorrow or wednesday should be a reasonable time frame.
I'm always gullible for rumors unfortunately. :ohwell:

Triangle.

lord karn

Smash Master
what are your thoguhts on Yoshi DJC (optional DJC, that is, if you hold the jump + a you do rising aerials no problem, if you let go of jump then press a you DJC aerial)
Hmmmm. I recently picked up yoshi again and am going to use him a lot at the tournament this weekend. The way I think you have to play yoshi is you have to space bairs to barely hit the enemy's sheild and then retreat and keep up a little bit of pressure with egg throws until you get an opening to bair again, eventually baiting them into getting hit by the bair with the eggs and then comboing.

His main problem is keeping pressure applied to people once he gets on top of them. Like I said, I usually run away and egg throw after I hit a shield, which barely applies any pressure to the opponent. One major reason for this, I think, is that he doesn't really have very good shield pressure. If you hit shield with any aerial it goes to jab, but if they shield the jab you can usually be shield grabbed or they can disengage really easily and return to neutral position. Most good characters remain in a pressuring position even when the opponent disengages. If the DJC increases yoshi's ability to shield pressure without having to retreat into a neutral position, that could very well be the buff he needs to make him on par with some of the better characters.

Also, neither of the people I play regularly play characters with good spammable projectiles. My run away and egg throw after a shielded attack strat probably would be shut down by a falco that shoots a laser when I run. Maybe I'm just not good enough with the eggs, but it seems like a lot of characters would force me to approach more directly, thus emphasizing Yoshi's inability to keep pressure applied once he's on top of someone. I'm assuming the DJC would help most with these kind of matchups, and just make the other ones easier because I don't have to be as patient.

Yoshi's amazing maneuverability allows him to return to neutral position relatively easily, meaning that it's really hard to corner him. However, he seems to stay really pressured after he shields something. Although, that might be because I play a peach regularly or because I'm not using his unique shield properties correctly. Overall, I think Yoshi is probably mid-low tier, but takes a lot of patience to play.

I'd definitely like to try it out.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
5th, I lost to plurs ic's; that match is impossible.

Yea I kind of got screwed having to play plur. I did really well against most everyone. I beat duo (Fox), Foxy (Fox and DK) and mits (Wolf) in friendlies and mits in a mm.

GameSystem

Smash Journeyman
Hmmmm. I recently picked up yoshi again and am going to use him a lot at the tournament this weekend. The way I think you have to play yoshi is you have to space bairs to barely hit the enemy's sheild and then retreat and keep up a little bit of pressure with egg throws until you get an opening to bair again, eventually baiting them into getting hit by the bair with the eggs and then comboing.

His main problem is keeping pressure applied to people once he gets on top of them. Like I said, I usually run away and egg throw after I hit a shield, which barely applies any pressure to the opponent. One major reason for this, I think, is that he doesn't really have very good shield pressure. If you hit shield with any aerial it goes to jab, but if they shield the jab you can usually be shield grabbed or they can disengage really easily and return to neutral position. Most good characters remain in a pressuring position even when the opponent disengages. If the DJC increases yoshi's ability to shield pressure without having to retreat into a neutral position, that could very well be the buff he needs to make him on par with some of the better characters.

Also, neither of the people I play regularly play characters with good spammable projectiles. My run away and egg throw after a shielded attack strat probably would be shut down by a falco that shoots a laser when I run. Maybe I'm just not good enough with the eggs, but it seems like a lot of characters would force me to approach more directly, thus emphasizing Yoshi's inability to keep pressure applied once he's on top of someone. I'm assuming the DJC would help most with these kind of matchups, and just make the other ones easier because I don't have to be as patient.

Yoshi's amazing maneuverability allows him to return to neutral position relatively easily, meaning that it's really hard to corner him. However, he seems to stay really pressured after he shields something. Although, that might be because I play a peach regularly or because I'm not using his unique shield properties correctly. Overall, I think Yoshi is probably mid-low tier, but takes a lot of patience to play.

I'd definitely like to try it out.
GHNeko, tell him about that dair.

lord karn

Smash Master
Hmmmm, I haven't really played around with that much. Can he downtilt after an aerial on shield to shield poke? The main problem I have with using dtilt is that Yoshi's initial dash is so long, that you can't really dash cancel dtilt in most situations where they are shielding unless they are far away from you, in which case they shouldn't be shielding or have time to respond.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Well I love down tilt because of it's good range (it actually matches the animation now).

It's basically a useful version of fox and falco's down tilt.

and it hits very low to the ground.

And more nair. His nair is very underrated.

lord karn

Smash Master
Nair isn't really a good approach because it has bad range, but it is definitely really good. If the opponent is in a certain spacing, you can bair their shield and then nair in one short hop and then jab their shield. This usually pokes shields, I think, but it is also really situational because you have to start the bair right when you jump, which isn't the way you need to do it in a lot of situations.

Dair is one of the only moves that seems to just go through peach's umbrella when edgeguarding, which is really nice. However, I haven't really been able to find out a way to incorporate it into shield pressure without having to commit to attacking really early and thus making it a really inflexible and punishable approach.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
but his down tilt is awesome.

I mean, I fought a friend the other day with mostly yoshi. His pit ***** me. Like 2 stock no percent.

But I actually beat his falco with yoshi. :D like one stock, but still. He seems to get hit by nair a lot....and down smash. most of my kills were with down smash. and I down tilted a lot.

jalued

Smash Lord
Well I love down tilt because of it's good range (it actually matches the animation now).

It's basically a useful version of fox and falco's down tilt.

and it hits very low to the ground.

And more nair. His nair is very underrated.
Yeah definately, but tbh yoshi is a completely underrated character lol cause hardly anyone mains him ever

lord karn

Smash Master
Downsmash is definitely a good mixup now. If you space a bair in a way that would normally be punishable on their shield you can trick them into unshielding and then getting hit by a dsmash. I've started using it a lot more recently. I'll try and use dtilt more.

Forcing to shield with an egg might be good, but I think that egg is punishable if you do it close enough to dair afterwords. That's why I usually egg and then run in with a bair. Yoshi plays a lot like vbrawl wario to me.

skstylez

Smash Journeyman
hey, i have a few things regarding the shine JC:
1st on fox, is there any way to completely remove the ground delay it has? b/c There is a limit to how fast he can JC from the ground shine animation i believe (could be the ground jump animation but i don't think it is). From air his JC's are much faster

And i have a little suggestion for falco and his shine. Well i was wondering if u could give him the JC but alter his shine xD. So the shine (when fully used), will still extend, but the extension is only for reflecting projectiles. His true hitbox will be around his body just like fox and melee falco, seems fair and much more exciting to me. Also wish his short hop were a bit lower so his SHDL were a bit harder (try vBrawl and going to heavy mode, and then double lasering on falco, i loved that :p).

What do you guys think?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
about the falco thing:

1. Nice idea, but it prob won't happen. His reflector has a new purpose. It combo's because it pulls inward.

2. Nice idea as well, but he's getting something different. He's getting SHFFL instead. Short Hop Fast Fall Laser. He can only shoot one in a short hop now, but he can fastfall during it and it's a reasonable tradeoff.

shanus

Smash Hero
hey, i have a few things regarding the shine JC:
1st on fox, is there any way to completely remove the ground delay it has? b/c There is a limit to how fast he can JC from the ground shine animation i believe (could be the ground jump animation but i don't think it is). From air his JC's are much faster

And i have a little suggestion for falco and his shine. Well i was wondering if u could give him the JC but alter his shine xD. So the shine (when fully used), will still extend, but the extension is only for reflecting projectiles. His true hitbox will be around his body just like fox and melee falco, seems fair and much more exciting to me. Also wish his short hop were a bit lower so his SHDL were a bit harder (try vBrawl and going to heavy mode, and then double lasering on falco, i loved that :p).

What do you guys think?
They are identical, they actually use the same exact animation for both.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
Take out all the posts about:

"Where's the nightly guys?"
"There's a nightly coming out soon right?"
"Where's the new nightly Shanus?"
"WHERE THE **** IS OUR NEW NIGHTLY?!"

We'd get more pages taken off with that too. We probably wouldn't have gotten the little comic out of it though if they were gone though :chuckle:

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
The comic is old, from Sonicandtails, and has been posted before.

I'm fairly certain he did it right around the Ness DJC thing was going around.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Let Sage voice his opinion so long as he doesn't flame anyone or get too angry. Meanwhile, about that there Kirby. We need a monstah to clobbah him. Seeing as how he's gotten complaints alongside MK and MK is being nerfed, I suspect Kirby will recieve a few nerfs too.

And must we really drop Magus cancelling? D: Can't we just work out the theorycrafting required to balance the tech? Like cutting away 33.3% of the lag while eating up the same percent of the shield? Or are there other factors I'm not considering?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Yeah, I should remove the "HELL NO"'s. that was really rude of me. And I liked the magus-cancelling idea D:. It would be really useful for D3 and DK. I mean Bairs with even less lag would awesome for D3, and how often does D3 use his shield? I mean, his grab basically IS his shield.

EDIT: and sorry this is late, I was watching America's Got Talent. X_X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom