• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ - Official 5.0 RC1 Build is now online! (Re-Use Autoupdater, Snake bug fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
*cough*

10ironies
he said the second quote first *******. way to try and make people look dumb by moving their quotes around in non-chronological order. that was completely unnecessary.

and falcon can't footstool > knee unless his footstool height was shortened from vbrawl.

jeez and someone also said footstool being shown in the dojo as strategy? lol

I like wingflier. his comebacks are becoming BEAST(he learns from me, now it was ironic how he said something like you need manners then attacked). LMAO
but yea.. like I said earlier id prefer if there was no footstooling but whether it stays or goes I really don't mind. even if someone says "oh its melee 2.0 now" they are just wrong in so many ways. footstooling doesn't expand on the game unless used strategically(like magus stated) but even then, of all doubles tournaments I've seen and attended, I never saw footstooling your partner used as a tactic. if you feel that the players weren't "pro" enough, m2k, inui, bum, ninjalink, adhd, and many other good players were at the tournament. the only tactic I see from footstools (in brawl+) is donkey kongs footstool > forwardb. even without footstools b+ would be just as good anyway. if they are left in id like to see them harder to execute so it actually took some skill to do them. now that's depth (seriously using the word in context and not joking)

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
if they are left in id like to see them harder to execute so it actually took some skill to do them. now that's depth (seriously using the word in context and not joking)
have you not been reading the topic? thats what we're ****ing talking about with the 210-300 buffer. it makes so you have to PRESS A BUTTON TO FOOTSTOOL. not random. its essentially giving you want you want: a requirement of skill to use them.

also, i'd like to re-bring up the idea of letting the ICs footstool each other.

timothyung

Smash Ace
If they can footstool each other, you must use a separate button for footstool or Nana can never double jump. The idea seems to be OK, but we must think carefully. Footstool isn't that fast, so it won't be broken if Popo can footstool Nana to chase opponents. Not broken for recovery either, because Nana will be sent to her doom. But do they really need this "Buff"? Balancing is the most important thing for now, will the match-ups drastically change with the new change? Think more before we decide to make the code.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
What the **** is so wrong with binding the footstool option to the taunt command? You can bind it to whatever button you find feasible, and if you don't want to use it, you wouldn't have to.

Simple, right? What's the opposition to this?

Wingflier

Smash Apprentice
Wingflier, leaf wouldn't have said that if you made valid points, good arguments, logical reasoning, or provided evidence that supported your claims. In other words, he was pretty justified in saying that.
That's your opinion. I did provide valid arguments and good points. The point I was arguing was that sonic or fox will never get a reliable meteor smash that can kill because it would be too powerful; which is true. The topic was originally brought up by skip2maloo who asked which characters had meteor smashes in B+, and another poster who asked if sonic or fox would ever get one.

Either way, whether or not you disagree with somebody, it does not warrant telling them to "shut up". Especially over an internet forum, and when I had not done anything wrong but bring up my own opinions.

I don't feel bad about what I said, sorry.

Wing

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
And this is why I quit brawl+. :/ Stupid discussions and ppl requesting dumb stuff like taking out footstools. >_> *leaves once again*

kupo15

Smash Hero
What the **** is so wrong with binding the footstool option to the taunt command? You can bind it to whatever button you find feasible, and if you don't want to use it, you wouldn't have to.

There shouldn't be any opposition. Everyone wins

timothyung

Smash Ace

IMO using taunts is a better solution, setting the buffer every match is stupid. You just go to control and edit a bit

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
have you not been reading the topic? thats what we're ****ing talking about with the 210-300 buffer. it makes so you have to PRESS A BUTTON TO FOOTSTOOL. not random. its essentially giving you want you want: a requirement of skill to use...
blah blah blah, how is restating my point to reinforce the idea not listening? its not like I said "I have this new idea" I said "I'd like to see". Either read thoroughly or go jerk off to kung-fu panda.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
blah blah blah, how is restating my point to reinforce the idea not listening? its not like I said "I have this new idea" I said "I'd like to see". Either read thoroughly or go jerk off to kung-fu panda.
you don't have a new idea, you're ignoring the ideas that have already been discussed.

and wtf?

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
you read right. :)
edit: @ arkaether you read right
@frozenpopo read again.. I didn't say it was a new idea ever..

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
and you read too, i didn't say anything about you having a new idea. i said you're ignoring the ideas we've already come up with.

If they can footstool each other, you must use a separate button for footstool or Nana can never double jump. The idea seems to be OK, but we must think carefully. Footstool isn't that fast, so it won't be broken if Popo can footstool Nana to chase opponents. Not broken for recovery either, because Nana will be sent to her doom. But do they really need this "Buff"? Balancing is the most important thing for now, will the match-ups drastically change with the new change? Think more before we decide to make the code.
while this is true, with the option to set footstooling to a taunt button then the recovery problem becomes null. as far as adding to gameplay it would allow more controlled movement of the character as well as compensate for the loss of CGs by giving them a better desync game.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
im not ignoring them, my god

you don't have a new idea, you're ignoring the ideas that have already been discussed.

and wtf?
and now you say you didn't say that? like I said, im restating what's been said to reinforce the idea as a whole. its called repetition. poets use it, writers use it, rappers use it, musicians use it, even public speakers.
Obama - Yes we can
the beatles - you're gonna lose that girl
tupac - all eyes on me
me - what I've been saying to reinforce the idea as a whole. maybe if you came at me nicely(if you read what I typed though you wouldn't of said anything) this could have been avoided.

your the only person in which when I had a problem I personally left a comment on your page but I guess you wanted to prove something by posting it here in the thread.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
your the only person in which when I had a problem I personally left a comment on your page.
oh, that was you?

anyway, i read your other post and as i was going through it the last part confused me. we've been talking about making footstools automatic and then you complain about how you think they should be harder to do after we've been discussing that very thing for.... what is it now, 10 pages? more? i keep seeing people post complaints about footstool that have already been brought up/dealt with. seeing them be brought up again is reparative and hindering to the topic as a whole.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
And this is why I quit brawl+. :/ Stupid discussions and ppl requesting dumb stuff like taking out footstools. >_> *leaves once again*
If you're not going to read and figure out that we have a solutionto this that DOESN'T remove footstools, then well....who needs ya?

Anyway guys, what's with this anger over the last few pages?

weinzey

Smash Apprentice
dont wanna insult anyone here, but this is getting really personal and spammy... we should get almas;)

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
and where do "angry" people usually end up?

looks both ways

BTW the idea has already been done with. It's been decided to at 0-100 handicap you can foostool, but at 110+ handicap you can't. >.>

Raoh

Smash Cadet
I don't know why this is such a heated argument.

Map it to one of the taunt buttons in a nightly build and if it turns out to not be a good idea then scrap it.

Like Ivysaur's multiple Up B's (why was that taken out again)?

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Nobody cares, this is a stupid argument in the first place we shouldn't be having.
We came to an agreement (well for the most part) on the buffer idea.
Yet there are STILL people talking about this for what?
So we can forever stay on a controversial topic?
Move on NAO.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Nobody cares, this is a stupid argument in the first place we shouldn't be having.
We came to an agreement (well for the most part) on the buffer idea.
Yet there are STILL people talking about this for what?
So we can forever stay on a controversial topic?
Move on NAO.
agreed. next topic: IC footstools.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
yeah. all my buttons are un-free. l button-never use, never will, just doesn't feel right to me. r button-shield.
z button-attack, to help with boost smashing, joy stick to move, y button to jump, x to grab (not shieldgrab), b button specials, c stick smashes, a button attack, d pad taunting (NO removing taunts), ...yeah. :(

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
What is the benefit of IC's footstooling each other?
setup for approaches/combos.

nana footstool -> rising blizzard/ice block/fair spike

popo footstool -> blizzard/ice block -> nana dash attack/blizzard

miss ledge w/ bellay -> footstool nana to recovery.

lets them work together as a team and gives more control to the character as a whole. and with the buffer idea there wouldn't be any off-stage mishaps (though if there were it would epicly funny)

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
Not everyone has a free button available to give up for it =/
what i originally said: what about aerial taunt?
edit: ignore this phone lost service and the post came late
eh.. im just gonna go back to playing basketball lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom