• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ - Official 5.0 RC1 Build is now online! (Re-Use Autoupdater, Snake bug fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
And I'm inclined to take Sages word on Ness too. He'll get some polish but overall I think many Ness mains are pretty happy with where he stands.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
GoG, can you give me a good reason why Kirby's uptilt was changed? You could easily DI to the right or left and avoid any uptilt chain.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
GoG, can you give me a good reason why Kirby's uptilt was changed? You could easily DI to the right or left and avoid any uptilt chain.
Same reason all u-tilts were changed. To prevent the u-tilt chains. Your setups should still exist, it just shouldn't be so stupid against FFers. If they don't, post about it.

_clinton

Smash Master
And I'm inclined to take Sages word on Ness too. He'll get some polish but overall I think many Ness mains are pretty happy with where he stands.
I'm pretty happy because of that PKT buff (god I love it) but...here are 5 things I've seen

-I still want a yoyo buff that has renewable hitboxes and you can control it during the charge up time (I don't know if that is possible...but still)
-A faster PSI Magnet so he has at least something over Lucas' magnet
-A bat buff of some sort (I wanted speed at the start...but now I won't really care what we get)
-I want his Bthrow fixed (due to how Brawl+ is set up it doesn't kill as early...not that I need it anymore as much due to being able to combo but still)
-I would like Uthrow to be lower in power (for more combo purposes)

On a different note though...maybe it is just me...but I'm having some issues with some things (I didn't see them brought up in the changes...so sorry if they were and I just missed them)

I'm having trouble PK Jumping, Firebounding, and using other aerial tricks with PK Fire in Brawl+...I also noticed that Wario's dthrow seems to have a delay when I try and Fsmash after it (but I don't have that delay with Ftilt)...but again maybe it is just me...

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
Same reason all u-tilts were changed. To prevent the u-tilt chains. Your setups should still exist, it just shouldn't be so stupid against FFers. If they don't, post about it.
I havnt tested it but at lower percents it would probably have the adverse effect. Kirby couldnt pull off more then one uptilt against FF's before because you could DI to the lower left or right and tech. It would probably help in some upper percents, but it seems like your just trading spam at one percent for spam at another. Besides, ive never seen kirby be able to uptilt more then twice against anyone if the opponent is properly DI'ing, most the time you can only pull off one inless your against a floaty at a low percent in which two is the most your going to get from it.

Idk, ill test it tomorrow and see if it really helps FF's that much, yah have probably tested this stuff more then i have but the way i see it kirby is too short of a character to properly uptilt chain any FF'er.

rekrapadept

Smash Rookie
Hey i was wondering if it would be possible to give link a bomb arrow combination like in twilight princess. If he takes out a bomb and then fires an arrow. Is that possible to code for?

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I havnt tested it
Stopped reading there :)

but at lower percents it would probably have the adverse effect. Kirby couldnt pull off more then one uptilt against FF's before because you could DI to the lower left or right and tech. It would probably help in some upper percents, but it seems like your just trading spam at one percent for spam at another. Besides, ive never seen kirby be able to uptilt more then twice against anyone if the opponent is properly DI'ing, most the time you can only pull off one inless your against a floaty at a low percent in which two is the most your going to get from it.

Idk, ill test it tomorrow and see if it really helps FF's that much, yah have probably tested this stuff more then i have but the way i see it kirby is too short of a character to properly uptilt chain any FF'er.
No but seriously, just test it and list your concerns if they are real.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Hackers, could you please PLEASE consider changing samus's bombs. They are 99% useless (bomb jumping when you are FAR away from the stage is the only benefit) After you bomb jump you are helpless for about 45 frames (don't know the exact number, but it seems like 3/4ths of a second), the bombs DON'T explode on contact which makes them useless on the stage, and everything about them is bad. Either speed up Samus after the bomb is out or make the bombs explode on contact...please.

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman
Hackers, could you please PLEASE consider changing samus's bombs. They are 99% useless (bomb jumping when you are FAR away from the stage is the only benefit) After you bomb jump you are helpless for about 45 frames (don't know the exact number, but it seems like 3/4ths of a second), the bombs DON'T explode on contact which makes them useless on the stage, and everything about them is bad. Either speed up Samus after the bomb is out or make the bombs explode on contact...please.
There are currently about 2 active hackers on this project with a very long code list in front of them. This issue is well known to them and the other BRs and will be changed.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
While Ness is indeed solid, I'd still like the dash attack to have less KBG in exchange for the dsmash buff.

@Esam: That's because it's a known issue, and you're the 50th person to bring it up.

D

Deleted member

ESAM it was prought up in the WBR before you even brought it up or anyone else.

I'm not gonna post the to do list anywhere outside the BR because that will only get lame replies

D

Deleted member

people will still complain in other threads, you know that.

in short: people like to complain

timothyung

Smash Ace
Is there a txt file for the official 4.1 set?
I can't find it. I use the snapshot method and have to remove the file replacement code:dizzy:

timothyung

Smash Ace

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
While Ness is indeed solid, I'd still like the dash attack to have less KBG in exchange for the dsmash buff.
D-smash is still terrible... The only thing that really changed about it is that is has less ending lag now, which wasn't it's main problem.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
If I'm not mistaken, the file replacement code must be put in the gct file, not the snapshot file. Bad things may happen if I use double file replacement codes.

I mean the official 4.1 set's. The codes there only have up to 5/27.
O ok. I also use snapshots as i load brawl from usb but my sd slot on my wii is broke so i cant use textures so i never bothered with the file replacement code.

Kuga

Smash Journeyman
Too bad Fox faster Cooldown in his Bair was not add D=.Its not a big deal,just a slight faster cooldown >.<
Off stage its like Fox/Falco Fair in Melee.Stay away from that Bottom XD.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
D-smash is still terrible... The only thing that really changed about it is that is has less ending lag now, which wasn't it's main problem.
What is the main problem, then? It clanking with aerials?

If it doesn't help it, might as well remove it.

_clinton

Smash Master
What is the main problem, then? It clanking with aerials?

If it doesn't help it, might as well remove it.
Dsmash has a very long list of problems...yes clanking with aerials was an issue...but another issue was the speed...and actual power...

Cytrs

Smash Apprentice
what about a movement buff for the green pk (cross? i dunno) and down b coming out faster (bout as fast as fox's reflector)? those buffs would help his edge guard and approach/not-just-eating-falco's-blaster, respectively.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
You mean PK flash? Where'd you gt PK cross from? (even though that sounds awesome)

I don't think projectiles can be sped up yet.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
You mean PK flash? Where'd you gt PK cross from? (even though that sounds awesome)

I don't think projectiles can be sped up yet.
Tbh, when I first heard him say it I thought he said "pk cross."

Anyway, we can't edit projectiles like that right now, although ness's pk flash is indeed something we've talked about changing to make more useful for when we have the ability to.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
Tbh, when I first heard him say it I thought he said "pk cross."

Anyway, we can't edit projectiles like that right now, although ness's pk flash is indeed something we've talked about changing to make more useful for when we have the ability to.
Idk about the most recent builds, but in the past I was able to tech chase dair>uncharged flash on light characters, it worked especially well if there was a platform.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Someone already mentioned that, actually. Though this is true, it's been stated that it's better to tech chase with other things such as a grab into dthrow or a dash attack.

I believe PK flash's main purpose was to edgeguard, which is why it sends Ness and Lucas into freefall when used, as Sakurai probably didn't want it to be a broken edgeguarding tool. Problem is it's easy to see coming, and slow moving, making it easy to AD through. Chances are this would be rectified if the hitbox were made bigger, but projectiles cannot, as of yet, be modified yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom