• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ - Official 5.0 RC1 Build is now online! (Re-Use Autoupdater, Snake bug fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
utilts have always comboed into themselves since the first game. I usually play floaty characters so I don't get comboed to 60% or anything, but the utilts that do combo seem fine as is.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
I put "turn around" PK Jump in my original post way before you so called pointed out my error...you are the one who failed to read my post right...k?

There is about a minute before I edited my 1st post last and when you made your comment for the 1st time...care to guess what I really did in that time while you made your comment?
for the love of god, i'm not even arguing about your statement on the character, i'm just pointing out that you were contradicting yourself when talking about horizontal movement. THAT. IS. ALL. its not about how much ness gets, or whatever the **** you can do with it, just that you said to contradicting terms in the same paragraph. thats it.

and if it was a minute between them, then why was i able to quote your ORIGINAL post? the one where you say no horizontal distance is given AND that it moves him too far forward or back. if you edited your post THE GOOD ****ING JOB! i'm just commenting on your original post, WHICH YOU CHANGED TO CORRECT YOUR MISTAKE.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
*continues to ignore the Ness mains*

I still giggle when people say Falco has no combos.
The Ness mains?

That's a bit odd don't you think?
I haven't posted in a while. And the most recent ones have been positive.
Edit: Sage posted too, and that was positive.

_Clinoton's the one who's arguing.

Don't stereotype us dude.

PS: Hell, I don't even think I know what you are arguing about. Something about PK jump?

PS2: Falco has a plethora of combos.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
If Utilt didn't combo before, then how was it the bread and butter of his combo game?

As for reliable ways to get people in the air, he has throws, dash attack, Dair, Bair, momentum etc. Im not advocating against the change (Sort of late and many people have already expressed disapproval) just that people shouldn't act like Falco and Utilt combos are just synonymous somehow.

This is why I feel gimped when asking for changes for my chars, seeing as how they are new and have no long-established precedence. :ivysaur::sonic:
It's the bread and buuter of his combo game because even before the speed=up that's what it was used for, it simply wasn't as good at it back then. It was situationally good. It worked better for following up on heavies, and FFers, however, most characters could easily escape any follow up at all by jumping, attacking, or ADing, out of hitstun. The move was still VERY important, but laggy and kind of sucky. It's fine as it is now. His throws do NOT set the enemy in the air in such a way as to facilitate comboing. So his throws don't matter. His only good throw is Dthrow, and it has so many applications that it's really the only throw he needs. Is Dtitl may pop people up and away at an angle, but it's also quite slow, and doesn't pop the enemy up in ideal an as Utilt does.

Utilt was simple the best move to address. It facilitates Falco's combo game greatly.

I personally think the Falco utilt speed deserves to be looked at again. I don't hink it needs quite *that* much of a speed up to achieve the desired effect.

I highly disagree. His Utilt is no more powerful than many other characters; Squirtle, Ness, Pika, Mario, Lucario... etc. They all have excellent Utilts. Falco's is no better than theirs. At this point, changing Falco in any way at all is nerfing him, and he doesn't need nerfs. He's fine as is. The Falco mains are actually quite satisfied with him. He's not the most combo heavy character, but one can certainly master him and make him look like a great comboer. He has a wealth of depth. His shine makes for a very unique tool. His lasers are the most important aspect of him. We Falco mains aren't asking for anything, no buffs, no nerfs. Everything is fine. There are still many characters that are far better off than Falco, and there's not a thing wrong with that--- Falco can hold his own.

In the end, Falco is really fun to play, and feels perfect. I don't find it necessary to tweak / change him in any way at all. More on his Utilt... it's fast, sure. However, it's entirely DIable. You shouldn't be hit by more than 2 Utilts if you DI correctly. Almost all of the depth found in Falco's combo game lies within his current Utilt. It's fine.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Don't stereotype us dude.
But it's fun and easy :p

I'd be fine with Falco keeping all his buffed combo moves if we got rid of SHDL. I'd even gladly let him have DIable + fastfall lasers (Melee style basically) if he could only shoot one per short hop. It's not even a big nerf and it doesn't hurt his approach game AT ALL, it only makes him a less homo camper against tall characters.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I agree that we should keep Falco's comboes. He's leagues more fun to play as now.
Also, his down B is awesome now. Whoever implemented it deserves my thanks.

But it's fun and easy.
Well, since it's fun...
*Continues to ignore Ness mains and self.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper

I'd be fine with Falco keeping all his buffed combo moves if we got rid of SHDL. I'd even gladly let him have DIable + fastfall lasers (Melee style basically) if he could only shoot one per short hop. It's not even a big nerf and it doesn't hurt his approach game AT ALL, it only makes him a less homo camper against tall characters.
This idea has merit.

Lasar Cap.
This idea does not.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Like I said before, I definitely agree with this idea. It would do more for his pressure/approach game and less for his camp game.

It's the bread and buuter of his combo game because even before the speed=up that's what it was used for, it simply wasn't as good at it back then. It was situationally good. It worked better for following up on heavies, and FFers, however, most characters could easily escape any follow up at all by jumping, attacking, or ADing, out of hitstun. The move was still VERY important, but laggy and kind of sucky. It's fine as it is now. His throws do NOT set the enemy in the air in such a way as to facilitate comboing. So his throws don't matter. His only good throw is Dthrow, and it has so many applications that it's really the only throw he needs. Is Dtitl may pop people up and away at an angle, but it's also quite slow, and doesn't pop the enemy up in ideal an as Utilt does.

Utilt was simple the best move to address. It facilitates Falco's combo game greatly.

I highly disagree. His Utilt is no more powerful than many other characters; Squirtle, Ness, Pika, Mario, Lucario... etc. They all have excellent Utilts. Falco's is no better than theirs. At this point, changing Falco in any way at all is nerfing him, and he doesn't need nerfs. He's fine as is. The Falco mains are actually quite satisfied with him. He's not the most combo heavy character, but one can certainly master him and make him look like a great comboer. He has a wealth of depth. His shine makes for a very unique tool. His lasers are the most important aspect of him. We Falco mains aren't asking for anything, no buffs, no nerfs. Everything is fine. There are still many characters that are far better off than Falco, and there's not a thing wrong with that--- Falco can hold his own.

In the end, Falco is really fun to play, and feels perfect. I don't find it necessary to tweak / change him in any way at all. More on his Utilt... it's fast, sure. However, it's entirely DIable. You shouldn't be hit by more than 2 Utilts if you DI correctly. Almost all of the depth found in Falco's combo game lies within his current Utilt. It's fine.
Theres really nothing wrong with a "situationally good" move. Its also pretty good on wakeup, and is pretty punishing for its kind. But I digress, Falco isn't so much a concern.

Jimbo_G

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0920-1016-4491
I greatly disagree with making Power-Shielding reflect projectiles. Where's the value in having a reflector special if EVERY character can reflect projectiles with 2 minutes of practice?

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Let's not forget that Bowser should hopefully get SA on his backwards crawl.

Man, I suck as Yoshi. I really don't want to ask for any buffs on him except for probably a faster cancel on grounded egg roll. But the yoshi mains(???) seem to be fine with him so, yeah.

Also, I've noticed that some characters like Sheik are capable of using a close range move to activate Marth/Ike's counter, and then still avoid being hit. Is this just me and did this also happen in vbrawl?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Also, I've noticed that some characters like Sheik are capable of using a close range move to activate Marth/Ike's counter, and then still avoid being hit. Is this just me and did this also happen in vbrawl?
It didnt happen in Brawl. Lowered hitlag gave Marth/Ike frame disadvantage. :V

ChronoTrigga

Smash Apprentice
Ummm, I don't know if this has been addressed or not. But Ivysaurs Down Smash is broken. It's pretty much unescapable now. Downsmash, downsmash, downsmash, all the way up to 999%

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
I greatly disagree with making Power-Shielding reflect projectiles. Where's the value in having a reflector special if EVERY character can reflect projectiles with 2 minutes of practice?
Reflectors work in the air, and they often return projectiles with greater speed and/or damage. PS Reflect works only on the ground, will likely return projectiles with less speed (and possibly less damage), requires better timing than most reflectors' broad windows, and will do significant damage to the shield of the user. This all code-willing, of course.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
So power shielding melee attacks doesn't affect your shield, and PSing projectiles greatly damages it? In that case, wouldn't you sometimes NOT want to PS a projectile?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I agree with making PS reflect stuff again. And whoever said ivysaur's downsmash is broken...um...

it still has plenty of lag. You have PLENTY of time to tech inbetween hits. seriously. And SDI, DI, etc...

It's really easy to get out of ...and just avoid in the first place since it has bad startup lag. Really.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord

Heck of an idea. It's at least worth testing.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
What?

I thought people were already trying to code this. It was brought up a LONG time ago.

That'll basically make him Melee Falco without the comboing shine, so maybe we'll need to give him something in return. Anyway, point is, the lasers wouldn't ruin matchups.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
@Clone: Except Falco has a combo'ing shine now?

JCaesar: I'm yelling at all the way down to Herb2 for that stereotypical statement about Ness mains. You can do that to black people, jews, and even cripples, but not Ness mains.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Well _Clinton kinda takes the rest of the Ness mains' reputations and burns them, pours their ashes onto a frozen lake, and then plays ice hockey on said lake.

Lil'E

Smash Apprentice
But, what if you happen to be a black, jew, or cripple Ness main?

No, in all seriousness...

Would making shields regenerate slower or take more damage be possible? As it is now, they regenerate way too fast.

Also more heart effects please.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
But, what if you happen to be a black, jew, or cripple Ness main?

No, in all seriousness...

Would making shields regenerate slower or take more damage be possible? As it is now, they regenerate way too fast.

Also more heart effects please.

It would kinda make sense if Peach's bthrow had a heart effect. Or her dthrow (LOL)

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I am now on the Hot Tamale Train of MOAR HEART EFFECTS PEOPLE.

... I just thought of something. What if BOOZER'S downthrow had a heart effect? XDXDXDXDXD

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Could we have character specific regenerative shield growth rates? Like characters who get ***** by combos have their shields grow back faster, but characters like Luigi have shield that grow slowly?

... I just thought of something. What if BOOZER'S downthrow had a heart effect? XDXDXDXDXD
LAWL, but anything involving bowser and heart effects or umbrellas is lolzy.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Could we have character specific regenerative shield growth rates? Like characters who get ***** by combos have their shields grow back faster, but characters like Luigi have shield that grow slowly?

LAWL, but anything involving bowser and heart effects or umbrellas is lolzy.
I would love this if code permits it. Luigi is a **** monster.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
I DO happen to be a black Ness main. >_>

On topic

There is a code that slows down shield regen, as well as increasing shield damage. It was global, though.

Wander

Smash Journeyman
I'm being totally serious too - heart effects on certain moves would be awesome. Or just make public the codes that change individual attack effects and the digits to change them (or are they public already?).

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Power shielding wouldn't replace perfect shielding, right?

And would more heart effects even be possible? o_O I thought they were just attack animations, not their own element...

And the shield takes enough damage. Making it grow back slower on indiviual characters could work. Same for some having their shield come back faster. But this shouldn't be a priority.

Finally, even though we're a bit past stages at this point, would it be possible to freeze summit and remove the ice effect that the ground has? Solely hypothetical, not saying that this alone would make the stage viable or should be done

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Finally, even though we're a bit past stages at this point, would it be possible to freeze summit and remove the ice effect that the ground has? Solely hypothetical, not saying that this alone would make the stage viable or should be done
there have been ideas to make the stage less... homo... but none of them could eliminate circling.

for example, my idea: Freeze the stage, make the ledge s grabable, remove slippery surfaces, make platform on left always up/down (one or the other), no icicle on the bottom, and the breakable platform on the right unhittable/gone (one or the other).

despite all of those edits, you can still just circle camp the stage, which is why its considered a lost cause.

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
It didnt happen in Brawl. Lowered hitlag gave Marth/Ike frame disadvantage. :V
fix its timing so it hits?
or give it more damage for the times it DOES hit

EDIT: on the subject of sheilds
i dont suppose there is a way to ensure Sheild Breaker can always break sheilds, is there? (since it doesnt when full charged)

D

Deleted member

Man, I suck as Yoshi. I really don't want to ask for any buffs
Well good. Certain character communities are pretty notorious for asking for buffs when they just need to play better. I've seen a couple posts by some more vet WBR members getting pretty frustrated by it too..it devalues Brawl+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom