• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Ness (SEVENTEEN ****ETY THREE)

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
oh no i meant destroy other players' characters

im sorry if it sounds like i dont trust other ness players to play well.....i just dont really like a lot of the videos i've watched....but then who knows how many of those were on wifi.....jeez i wish i could have every match in person

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Will said new build have Unlimited PKT1?
WANT

if anyone says otherwise:

Q(-_-)

I'll rip your heads off :3

I wish that the thread on looking into making our own wifi wasn't dropped so fast. That really could have gotten us somewhere. We'd have less lag and wifi johnz.

Ness on wifi is usually obvious though Simna, look at the accuracy of PK2 or how many failed zap jumps there are lol.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Dair to bat works at low percents before they hit the ground Delorted. Dair has that much hitstun.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Um I just hope Shanus get's to test out the Ness changes FOR the new build.

PK Flash

25% faster startup
100% faster cooldown
2x bigger now instead of 1.5x bigger

Dsmash

Hitbox is 20% larger

Usmash

Whole move executes 20% faster

Yoyo charge hitbox

Sends at a 270 angle, 0 KBG, 50 BKB

Now combined with the 5.0 codeset

I wish the Bat would receive it's 25% range boost that was in 7/10. Currently, it's 100% outclassed by Lucas Fsmash. Actually being WEAKER when tippered.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
It was not an unintentional nerf. It was an intentional correction because Simna himself told me on the IRC it was supposed to be at 1.5x and not 2x a few weeks ago when I asked him about it.
it should be at 2x....when 7/10 ness was in progress i wasnt doing most of the coding....i was telling a few other ppl how i wanted to change things so i could test them....i said to increase pk flash to 1.5x its size and instead(without me knowing) it was increased to 2x instead and that's where i decided to have it, but i thought it was 1.5x at the time so i wrote on the 7/10 changelist "1.5x size"

it should be 2x like it was in 7/10 and 7/21 despite the changelist mistakes

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Its cool Shanus.

Woah, weird occurance to have it changed like that. I hope it goes back to 2.0.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Still playing the tough old man gig, Delorted.

_Clinton, think about it this way, Ness is actually better now. Zap jumping (via Fair) is better than infinite PKTs. The only good thing you liked about it was the juggling. (which can still be done on the ground)

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Infinite PK Thunder was Ness' condom against dumb gimps. Platforms in Frigate, shy guys, team mates crashing into it...It doesn't actually aid his recovery as much as zap jump.

I like Ness now fine. Only problem is what Sage talked about. That and I could do without the SA on magnet now.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I really haven't been asking for more buffs, I've been asking for the return of certain things that were taken out...
Which would result in buffing Ness...

I like Ness now fine. Only problem is what Sage talked about. That and I could do without the SA on magnet now.
The SA is situational, but it has saved my life a handful of times...

Which problem are you referring to? That Fair doesn't combo like 3 characters or that yoyos clank with jabs. I could live with both. But I wouldn't mind removing the sa to give his yoyos TP, but that's impossible right now unfortunately, so it shouldn't be dwelt on.

I'm fine with Ness right now. People need to learn to make compromises.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I'm referring to the yo-yo clank, but I understand its impossible atm.

The SA has saved me, but I usually get flung across the stage at an unkind horizontal angle cuz of it. That and my timing is too good. I usually get hit by projectiles instead of absorbing them since you can't aasorb during the SA window.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Well, I WILL be fine wants Kaiser's changes are in.
(PK Flash change and yo-yo's)

After that I'll Rest in Peace for a while.

matt4300

Smash Ace
Well, I WILL be fine wants Kaiser's changes are in.
(PK Flash change and yo-yo's)

After that I'll Rest in Peace for a while.
Yeh, Kaiser's yoyos are just win... I can't belive the backroom didnet just do it that way to begin with.

D

Deleted member

I haven't tried them out, but do your yoyo's still trip? Because that **** is too ****ing good.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I haven't tried them out, but do your yoyo's still trip? Because that **** is too ****ing good.
They don't which is why i don't like Kaiser's set too much.

Sorry Kaiser lol.

The yoyo trip is **** at setting up tech chases (i guess it's a trip chase but you get what I mean).

matt4300

Smash Ace
They don't which is why i don't like Kaiser's set too much.

Sorry Kaiser lol.

The yoyo trip is **** at setting up tech chases (i guess it's a trip chase but you get what I mean).
what if Usmash tripped (because its so fast in kaisers set it would work better for tech chases) but Dsmash still has kaisers hit so you always get full 17 if you get the back hit. Its to slow to chase off of anyway.

BTW sage why is your sig so **** big? Mines barely makes it like it is.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Problem with the trip is that it may be safe, it's hard to land both shots. AND Kaiser Back Yo-yo is powerful.

_clinton

Smash Master
Still playing the tough old man gig, Delorted.

_Clinton, think about it this way, Ness is actually better now. Zap jumping (via Fair) is better than infinite PKTs. The only good thing you liked about it was the juggling. (which can still be done on the ground)
For one; I'd rather do it in the air because again that is where Ness shines and it is easier to follow up with in general...Also, it was more than just juggling that I liked about them as well...it was also a way to allow follow up on foes that are trying to get away from your close range fury when you are pounding into them...

Infinite PK Thunder was Ness' condom against dumb gimps. Platforms in Frigate, shy guys, team mates crashing into it...It doesn't actually aid his recovery as much as zap jump.
Please explain to me how Ness' new Rising Fair zap Jump really helps him any more than his old rising Fair Zap jump?

Which would result in buffing Ness...
Meh...I just want something that he had before in an old set returned to him because what he got for it really wasn't that special IMO...its not like I'm asking for anything completely new...

Yay, people like my yoyos. ^.^
I'm on that list as well I guess...plus I don't see why they weren't that way in vBrawl really (compared to other defensive smash attacks in that game, the Yoyo's are very slow coming out/don't do enough to make up for a hit)

Oh well...I in truth think it was an oversight like Ness/Lucas' grab release issue

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
what if Usmash tripped (because its so fast in kaisers set it would work better for tech chases) but Dsmash still has kaisers hit so you always get full 17 if you get the back hit. Its to slow to chase off of anyway.

BTW sage why is your sig so **** big? Mines barely makes it like it is.
Can't do that.

The same hitbox is used for the initial hit of both dsmash and usmash.

@_Clinton: Ness's new zap fair jump projects him more horizontally than before. He can cross about half of FD with a properly done zap jump.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
@_Clinton: Ness's new zap fair jump projects him more horizontally than before. He can cross about half of FD with a properly done zap jump.
It's actually a little farther than 1/2 of Fd but you get the point lol. It also makes him move much faster, let's him attack shields safely, and finish/continue combos that he couldn't before.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Yeah I mean infinite PKT only advantage now is PKT juggling in the air. Honestly, there are better options.

I hope the Yo-yo and Flash changes make it in by the next nightly.
(Wish should hopefully make be by the end of the month)

_clinton

Smash Master
It's actually a little farther than 1/2 of Fd but you get the point lol. It also makes him move much faster, let's him attack shields safely, and finish/continue combos that he couldn't before.
Meh the only thing I've liked about the new Zap jump is the speed it has which I feel it sort of owed to Ness/Lucas because when Brawl+ was coded one of the things that wasn't changed was Ness' 2nd jump because of how it works...

Overall I feel I could live w/o the range overall...because zap jumping still had a use in vBrawl with Ness...which is pretty much the same stuff you guys are talking about but in a little different respect (Plus using a rising Fair in vBrawl upped Ness' horizontal recovery as well to a point)

shanus

Smash Hero
I'm referring to the yo-yo clank, but I understand its impossible atm.

The SA has saved me, but I usually get flung across the stage at an unkind horizontal angle cuz of it. That and my timing is too good. I usually get hit by projectiles instead of absorbing them since you can't aasorb during the SA window.
lol, current magnet startup is 7 frames. Old magnet startup is 9 frames. Meaning, in the old version, instead of absorbing, you would have just gotten hit.

TLDR: You would have failed instead of SA'd lol

with that said, camelot's DJC code is too good

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Hey, not my fault that 3 frame startup on 7/10 magnet spoiled me.

Really though, the SA likes to take multi hit attacks and then fling Ness into gimp city. Super Armor is pointless at times if the knockback result is worse than actually getting hit. I'm not even sure why this happens sometimes. Magnet mechanics?

PKNintendo

Smash Master
lol, current magnet startup is 7 frames. Old magnet startup is 9 frames. Meaning, in the old version, instead of absorbing, you would have just gotten hit.

TLDR: You would have failed instead of SA'd lol

with that said, camelot's DJC code is too good
Why.

Wait... you aren't serious...
Your giving NESS DJC?

Why?
:dizzy:

Top Bottom