• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Ness (SEVENTEEN ****ETY THREE)

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Faster usmash

0A000032 3F99999A

Larger dsmash

490D3C5A 00037002
0D3C3C00 00190000
FFFFFFFF 3F99999A

Larger, faster PK Flash

0A000112 3FA00000
0A000118 40000000

6E01460A 03046002
01460A03 00460000
FFFFFFFF 40000000

PKNintendo

Smash Master
No idea.

But look at the time gap between Shanus and Kaiser! Both post of with a difference of several hours, completely not there when the other posts.

shanus

Smash Hero
yeah, work/life is entirely too busy. I didn't even get to go on my home computer yesterday.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
the djc is useful for sure...it allows ness to fastfall anywhere....but unlike in melee it doesnt allow him to get hangtime in the air...

im sure if that's something we want in our djc then we can make it happen

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
a noticable amount, but not a giant amount

the djc in melee made it so when u cancel your jump u didnt immediately start going down, but rather there was a small period where just stopped goingup before you started going down during which time you COULD fastfall to get to the ground faster but if u didnt u had a small hangtime in the air and then went down

matt4300

Smash Ace
a noticable amount, but not a giant amount

the djc in melee made it so when u cancel your jump u didnt immediately start going down, but rather there was a small period where just stopped goingup before you started going down during which time you COULD fastfall to get to the ground faster but if u didnt u had a small hangtime in the air and then went down
DJC is gonna awsome.. But, I seriously dont think anyone but yoshi and ness should get it... Like lucas... he has enough ATs that ness doenst... and This would make ness completely different ... or more different than he already is.

Just a thought.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Have you guys found any combos with djc'ing? I think uair needs to be reworked for djc to have combos =/. The only reason I want to see this in is cuz I like djc and the game should be more technical. I think Ness is viable without djc'ing...

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Really?

I don't think I've ever done that yet. For me, the hitbox would always come out, with the exception of dair.

Shanus is working on other stuff, like ATs, and I'm working on JC+ Grabs.

shanus

Smash Hero
Got some time to test it out yesterday.

So, DJC I think the timing is fine. Takes a little to get used to it, but it offers more hangtime than my previous versoin so everything felt like a cakewalk for the DJC timing.

Kaiser, your 1x hitlag fair seems a bit too hitlaggy. Maybe bring up the SDI to 1.25, and hitlag to .75x for still more difficult SDI and less 10minute hitlag window. Also, with the DJC it seems really good. I think for the initial hits, drop the 10% size boost except for the last hit, that way it can be too abused for spacing. Rest of it seemed good.

BTW, you can do frame speed changes now in PSA so that might help with JC+ & moving your speed changes in. (That or just lower the start up frame times manually)

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Finalllllllly!
Your compromise on fair seems fair.
Sweet. That means you liked the yo-yo's and the PK flash change?

shanus

Smash Hero
PK flash def. didnt need to be 2x, 1.5x is more than enough with that speed.

Yoyos were okay. I still didnt find them to be terribly useful, but they werent a big deal.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
PK flash def. didnt need to be 2x, 1.5x is more than enough with that speed.

Yoyos were okay. I still didnt find them to be terribly useful, but they werent a big deal.
I could live with the 1.5 size as long as speed boost remains. Yo-yo confirmation is cool.
Awesome.

We can't do TP yet matt.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
A ghetto fix that I really like.

Simna, I don't like the size nerf, but these changes are better than nothing.

Lil'E

Smash Apprentice
I don't get it.

Almost everyone says "Ness is fine" or "He needs no changes"... but when a SA lolwind Magnet was added and when this potential DJC was announced everyone is jizzing their pants wanting it.

The hell? :dizzy:

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I don't get it.

Almost everyone says "Ness is fine" or "He needs no changes"... but when a SA lolwind Magnet was added and when this potential DJC was announced everyone is jizzing their pants wanting it.

The hell? :dizzy:
I was fine with Ness after the buff to his wind magnet was added in. I still don't get why your loling about it since it can and does **** a lot of recoveries...

If djc is added in, Ness would have to be rebalanced if they want the djc to actually be used like it was in 64 and melee, cuz his aerials right now don't really work well with it IMO =/ Maybe I'm just used to 64 and melee djc'ing? Only one that feels right is bair...

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
i swear i have some good videos up of my ness they just arent up someone has to ask thunderhorse to send the videos to one of you guys that can upload

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Sparkle Ness from kittycorp.

And the way the word "needs" gets used should sometimes be taken lightly. Ness doesn't need the wind or DJC because he won't die of starvation w/o it. What he really needs is steak.

But seriously, why not accept new changes if they open up more options for him and can add depth to his game. Like Fox. He was fine before and after shine jump cancel(which I srsly can't do)

shanus

Smash Hero
I was fine with Ness after the buff to his wind magnet was added in. I still don't get why your loling about it since it can and does **** a lot of recoveries...

If djc is added in, Ness would have to be rebalanced if they want the djc to actually be used like it was in 64 and melee, cuz his aerials right now don't really work well with it IMO =/ Maybe I'm just used to 64 and melee djc'ing? Only one that feels right is bair...
Works well for me. I thikn you just need to modify your playstyle.

Top Bottom