• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Ness (SEVENTEEN ****ETY THREE)

shanus

Smash Hero
Why.

Wait... you aren't serious...
Your giving NESS DJC?

Why?
:dizzy:
I'm just exploring the code which was made. Well, I actually updated camelot's to also work with the input of up, as well.

I'm toying with making ness' fair 1x size again, DJC, no SA on magnet start-up, and slightly less strong wind. Just toying with it :-)

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I'm just exploring the code which was made. Well, I actually updated camelot's to also work with the input of up, as well.

I'm toying with making ness' fair 1x size again, DJC, no SA on magnet start-up, and slightly less strong wind. Just toying with it :-)
That's too good.
But why nerf the wind size, it's too good. I don't mind SA removal but the wind push is just too good.

(Did you FINALLY try out the other changes?)
:psycho:

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Shanus, I'm just letting you know that djc in brawl would only be useable for oos and shield pressure. You'd need to really mess with fair/uair/dair/nair to make the useable for actual djc combos like he had in previous games. At least that's what I got from testing the previous djc. I haven't been able to test out the new code yet.

The only thing I disagree with is the wind being nerfed since it it's just the right distance to push people away thanks to brawls wtf ledges.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Exactly.

Nerfing the wind as is a big no-no. I really don't want them to being Sakurai useful.
(What was he thinking?!?)

Alphatron

Smash Champion
ZOMG, too bad we can't reasonably give Ness his 64 dair for some DJC combos.

I also have to go with no nerfing on wind.

_clinton

Smash Master
A new DJC...again like with everything else...I'll see it and try it out before I ***** about it...

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
Thank you Shanus. Now I have no incentive to ever touch Ness again :).

What a burden off my soul, though the Ness+ community loses its best Down B-er ever.

At least CK might continue playing him to show that Ness is super viable <_<.

matt4300

Smash Ace

What a burden off my soul, though the Ness+ community loses its best Down B-er ever.

Man... I wish I could be that condesending...:urg:

But seriously ... I have no idea why they want to get rid of the SA and Nerf the wind... Reminds me of Bowsers 2.0 Nair hitbox... sigh... Just about every ness main in this thread including me wants to keep the new magnet...

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481

You are so good at down-b'ing. It's like the only move you use lol.

CK always says he'll main Ness and then never uses him. It's quite lolzy.

The CK we are referring to is not Count Kaiser btw.

I think Ness is viable now. The djc would probably only help his OoS game and might let him shield pressure... I'll test it out right now. Also it makes the game less ez mode and is interesting since Ness' dj can now do three things. Normal dj, DjC, or zap jump.

shanus

Smash Hero
I could leave it alone, i was just more wanting to give characters my psuedo fox treatment wherein thr character has identical potential but requires more skill and less "autocombo" through char specific ATs

remember, all i am doing is testing. Took me a while to get fox's values perfect

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I could leave it alone, i was just more wanting to give characters my psuedo fox treatment wherein thr character has identical potential but requires more skill and less "autocombo" through char specific ATs

remember, all i am doing is testing. Took me a while to get fox's values perfect
Yeah remember that Ness=/=Fox.

And in all honesty DJC already requires a bit of trouble and isn't EZ in any way.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
srry sage i'll never main him ....... but i will use him and beat people even his worst match up i will beat xD
LOL...

I'm thinking about the buffs Ness has received and the only one I'd be willing to part with is the pkt buff and the fair size increase. Pk fire needs to stay as is, pk flash is ok, d-smash is useless without the buff, bat needs the range increase to be useful, and we've disucssed psi magnet already... I would like to try out the djc buff since it would let Ness shield pressure better (which was a major part of his 64 game...)

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Yeah if I had to pick one I'd go with fair size buff.

But I'd like to see Kaiser's yo-yo and PK Flash changes in.

shanus

Smash Hero
Yeah remember that Ness=/=Fox.

And in all honesty DJC already requires a bit of trouble and isn't EZ in any way.
uh, what?

I have an excellent working code of it.

The hardest part of JC shine was making the code for it :p

PKNintendo

Smash Master
uh, what?

I have an excellent working code of it.

The hardest part of JC shine was making the code for it :p
No no no you misunderstand.
I mean't that there is skill needed to use DJC and isn't EZ mode in any way.

Dude, did you get my PM?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Are you supposed to not be able to djc with x or y? I can only do it with the control stick and it's really awkward. I've done it like a couple of times with those buttons, but it's waaaay easier to do with the control stick...

Revven

FrankerZ
Are you supposed to not be able to djc with x or y? I can only do it with the control stick and it's really awkward. I've done it like a couple of times with those buttons, but it's waaaay easier to do with the control stick...
You have to double tap X/Y I believe as you simply cannot hold the X/Y buttons as that will do the rising aerials.

shanus

Smash Hero
I was thinking of modifying it so you'd have to be pressing both to DJC instead of having to hold to not DJC.

camelot

Smash Ace
I was thinking of modifying it so you'd have to be pressing both to DJC instead of having to hold to not DJC.
But how would you do this? Setting it to button "2" means the jump button. I didn't specifically set it to "X or Y", it's the jump button, so for example, if you set a jump button to L or R you could hold that and it wouldn't DJC.

shanus

Smash Hero
But how would you do this? Setting it to button "2" means the jump button. I didn't specifically set it to "X or Y", it's the jump button, so for example, if you set a jump button to L or R you could hold that and it wouldn't DJC.
I think you misunderstood me. Not pressing both X+Y, pressing Jump button+A or cstick at the same time. I'll modify it and see what I can get that feels intuitive.

Just set additional requirements.

That way I could also assign it to holding up if we wanted to, as well, for non-GC controller compatibility.

camelot

Smash Ace
I think you misunderstood me. Not pressing both X+Y, pressing Jump button+A or cstick at the same time. I'll modify it and see what I can get that feels intuitive.
Oh.

So it'd basically be a reverse of what I have it set at. That seems strange, though, holding the jump button to cancel a jump.

That way I could also assign it to holding up if we wanted to, as well, for non-GC controller compatibility.
You mean, have it DJC if you're holding up? That'd make it impossible to not DJC with a u-air.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Changelist

PK Flash

25% faster startup
100% faster cooldown
2x bigger now instead of 1.5x bigger

Dsmash

Hitbox is 20% larger

Usmash

Whole move executes 20% faster

Yoyo charge hitbox

Sends at a 270 angle, 0 KBG, 50 BKB

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Changelist

Fair
Both hitboxes 10% larger
Both hitboxes now have 1x hitlag and 1x SDI potency
weak hitbox has 0 growth, 40 base, and 40 angle
Strong hitbox has 60 angle

PK Flash

25% faster startup
100% faster cooldown
2x bigger now instead of 1.5x bigger

Dsmash

Hitbox is 20% larger

Usmash

Whole move executes 20% faster

Yoyo charge hitbox

Sends at a 270 angle, 0 KBG, 50 BKB
Fixed. Do whatever with fair, and see what you can come up with.

shanus

Smash Hero
Are all of those changes (including speed changes) done in the pac, or frame speed?

Top Bottom