• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Ness (SEVENTEEN ****ETY THREE)

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Why are discussing matchup ratios already? Can we let the game develop a bit? Just discuss matchups and strategies for now lol.

I have never played GaW in brawl+ so I can't say much else lol.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Pk fire to aerial works all the time now. Pk fire to ground attack doesn't though if they di the pillar to send them upwards.

Offstage pk fire to dair is pretty ****.

There or some recoveries that are really susceptible to pk fire. Like spacies side-b (though that sometimes goes through for some sakurai reason).

You can sh pk fire ac but I hate using aerial pk fire besides edgeguard purposes.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
when the new build comes out im going peach hunting
Ill be waiting. If i can beat ness in god mode(aka 7/10 ness) Any other ness isn't a problem.

Im posting this for my friend though as he plays ness. He wants to know what yall think of the ness vs mk matchup in b+?? If yall are discussing another matchup then don't worry about it.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Ill be waiting. If i can beat ness in god mode(aka 7/10 ness) Any other ness isn't a problem.

Im posting this for my friend though as he plays ness. He wants to know what yall think of the ness vs mk matchup in b+?? If yall are discussing another matchup then don't worry about it.
Back for more huh?

Yeah 7/10 Ness is broken. I beat it took awhile to get over your fanboyism over Peach to realize that 7/10 was good. If you want to play a character like that, be my guest.

If your friend what's to post, tell him to make his own account. We won't bite.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Back for more huh?

Yeah 7/10 Ness is broken. I beat it took awhile to get over your fanboyism over Peach to realize that 7/10 was good. If you want to play a character like that, be my guest.

If your friend what's to post, tell him to make his own account. We won't bite.
I was only posting for my friend and i saw the peach related post so i responded. Was i wrong to do that?. I won't lie and say i know how ness should be played so i cant say if 7/10 ness was broken or not. I do know that i have a pro ness in my crew and i have never been hit with that green thing(pk flash i think?) in over a year. The day i got the 7/10 set i got hit by hit like 5 times in one match. I also never played with ness a day in my life(not even in 64 or melee) I pickup 7/10 ness and im fairing my friend 6 times. Umm yea........

But ok ill tell my friend to make a account lol.

7/10 was broken and yet you beat it.....you are saying peach is broken?
Mk is broken in vbrawl. So i guess that means when he loses the char that beats him is broken to?:laugh:

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I was only posting for my friend and i saw the peach related post so i responded. Was i wrong to do that?. I won't lie and say i know how ness should be played so i cant say if 7/10 ness was broken or not. I do know that i have a pro ness in my crew and i have never been hit with that green thing(pk flash i think?) in over a year. The day i got the 7/10 set i got hit by hit like 5 times in one match. I also never played with ness a day in my life(not even in 64 or melee) I pickup 7/10 ness and im fairing my friend 6 times. Umm yea........

But ok ill tell my friend to make a account lol.

Mk is broken in vbrawl. So i guess that means when he loses the char that beats him is broken to?:laugh:
READ THE CHANGELIST!!!
PK flash was a terrible move in vBrawl. How would you feel like if Peach turnip pluck had a startup time, and the move itself wasn't worth it? That is PK Flash.

Getting hit by it, is you know... SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN? Well not against peach, but I suppose you've done something foolish like shield or try to hit Ness lol.
In Brawl+, it had it's size increased and a speedup. The speedup was removed, but it's going to be put back in.

Yes, it's already been established that 7-10 was overpowered, but the only thing overpowered was Fair.

Geez not only are you incredibly biased for Peach, you are also uninformed and face pretty questionable Ness'.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
READ THE CHANGELIST!!!
PK flash was a terrible move in vBrawl. How would you feel like if Peach turnip pluck had a startup time, and the move itself wasn't worth it? That is PK Flash.

Getting hit by it, is you know... SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN? Well not against peach, but I suppose you've done something foolish like shield or try to hit Ness lol.
In Brawl+, it had it's size increased and a speedup. The speedup was removed, but it's going to be put back in.

Yes, it's already been established that 7-10 was overpowered, but the only thing overpowered was Fair.

Geez not only are you incredibly biased for Peach, you are also uninformed and face pretty questionable Ness'.
I just said that i don't know how he is supposed to be played. And ill admit when i was fighting 7/10 ness i was in a vbrawl mindset in that matchup so that could explain on why i was getting hit with pk flash when i clearly thought i wouldn't.

Im not saying 7/10 ness is broken or not. I have no idea. All im saying is that he seemed overbuffed like hell which seems to be the general opinion.(I also think zelda is overbuffed but that is a whole different topic)

As far as being biased on peach. It's possible lol. But i wont even start on the rage yall ness mains have been in. If anyone is biased it's yall. Lets not kid ourselves.

To count the ness player im talking about is mib. He only posts in our crew thread. He always gets top 10 in low tiers and beat pride,rush,and other people i can't think of right now. Don't get it twisted. He's not on fow's level or anything but he's knowledgeable enough with ness for me to base matchups on. I also have a pro DK named AC who never posted here a day in his life. lol.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I just said that i don't know how he is supposed to be played. And ill admit when i was fighting 7/10 ness i was in a vbrawl mindset in that matchup so that could explain on why i was getting hit with pk flash when i clearly thought i wouldn't.

Im not saying 7/10 ness is broken or not. I have no idea. All im saying is that he seemed overbuffed like hell which seems to be the general opinion.(I also think zelda is overbuffed but that is a whole different topic)

As far as being biased on peach. It's possible lol. But i wont even start on the rage yall ness mains have been in. If anyone is biased it's yall. Lets not kid ourselves.

To count the ness player im talking about is mib. He only posts in our crew thread. He always gets top 10 in low tiers and beat pride,rush,and other people i can't think of right now. Don't get it twisted. He's not on fow's level or anything but he's knowledgeable enough with ness for me to base matchups on. I also have a pro DK named AC who never posted here a day in his life. lol.
This post made me lol. We're biased, yet we've accepted that Rob ***** us. We're biased when we try to explain to you that your points are incredibly invalid.

Now you think Zelda is overbuffed? Dude, no.
How can you have no idea, when this has been said... like 3 times already.

Oh and I believe you think the vBrawl matchup was totally in Peach's favor too huh?
Fact is, unless you can provide us with PROOF that Peach ***** Ness I (or shall I see WE) aren't buying it.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
This post made me lol. We're biased, yet we've accepted that Rob ***** us. We're biased when we try to explain to you that your points are incredibly invalid.

Now you think Zelda is overbuffed? Dude, no.
How can you have no idea, when this has been said... like 3 times already.

Oh and I believe you think the vBrawl matchup was totally in Peach's favor too huh?
Fact is, unless you can provide us with PROOF that Peach ***** Ness I (or shall I see WE) aren't buying it.
When i said yall were biased i was talking about the ness mains in the nightly build topic.

As far as me being biased. Idk. I actually dont think peach needed the bomber buff and the one buff i have asked for since 3.3 still isn't in(a faster ff speed)

Im also against peach getting her melee fthrow.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
When i said yall were biased i was talking about the ness mains in the nightly build topic.

As far as me being biased. Idk. I actually dont think peach needed the bomber buff and the one buff i have asked for since 3.3 still isn't in(a faster ff speed)

Im also against peach getting her melee fthrow.
For once we agree. We were biased, uncontrollable, uncanny and annoying. I am part of said group.

Some of us (Kaiser, Sage and Simna) did not go to said board and complain.
You still aren't grasping the definition of being biased. Biased doens't only apply that you want your main to buffed, it also applies when you WON'T listen to reason!

You are the ONLY person saying Peach ***** Ness. Furthermore, you ignore most of my points and respond when you see fit.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
For once we agree. We were biased, uncontrollable, uncanny and annoying. I am part of said group.

Some of us (Kaiser, Sage and Simna) did not go to said board and complain.
You still aren't grasping the definition of being biased. Biased doens't only apply that you want your main to buffed, it also applies when you WON'T listen to reason!

You are the ONLY person saying Peach ***** Ness. Furthermore, you ignore most of my points and respond when you see fit.
I don't ignore your posts. I think peach ***** ness u don't. What else is there to say? We both posted our reasons for our opinions.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Hey guys let's keep the discussion as to what the characters actually do in this matchup.

On the mk matchup. Mk gets combo'd by Ness really badly. Bair combos at low percents. Fair combos all the time (really well). He's light so just keep racking up damage on him.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE Flaco's lazars.

You also can't combo him that well.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Ness vs. Flaco

Psi magnet.

win. :p

Seriously, though, with SA psi magnet with wind, wouldn't that nullify Falco's greatest strength?

Major theorycraft, btw.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
From actual matchup experience, no, no it doesn't (at least not as much as you claim).

Though the matchup experience comes form Sage. I'd need to find a good Ness player.

...ahaha...sometimes I crack myself up :laugh:.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
yo dawg trufact right here anyone who has ever played ness is better with ness then the ness mains are

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Falco can be gay and hit you with down-b. If you let go of psi magnet he'll just run away and laser you again.

If you do really want to try psi magnet vs. his lasers, go near the edge so that way he can't hit you with side-b. Be thankful pk fire and fair can beat side-b otherwise he'd be able to camp Ness really hard.

Use u-throw to combo Falco. You can **** his up-b recovery with several things, but side b is annoying. Even if you time pk fire correctly, sometimes he still goes through it. They really need to fix that lmao.

Edit: Stingers has got me again lmao.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Hold on.

I don't ignore your posts. I think peach ***** ness u don't. What else is there to say? We both posted our reasons for our opinions.
Actually most (if not all) Ness' here think Ness doesn't get ***** by Peach. Even a B+ main thinks so.

Okay.
Falco's pretty tough. Fair doesn't combo him well, laser spam is annoying as ****.
Jumping infront of his recovery, eating it and blowing them away is fun though.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
Stingers, let's come up with a new build for Ness. It's pretty obvious that we're leagues ahead of everyone else in Ness playing ability. I suggest we start from here.

ok next post I promise I'll actually contribute. I'm fairly familiar with the matchup.

D

Deleted member

ness players need to use more d-air. it kills horizontally and spikes if you miss that.

D

Deleted member

i've been trying to do d-air to bat if i read the tech roll right... i will get it recorded :D

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
i liek fair-zap nair- dair

but hey i'm so high sleepy right now i can't even recover with him >,>
Maybe it isn't a true combo

_clinton

Smash Master
Stingers, let's come up with a new build for Ness. It's pretty obvious that we're leagues ahead of everyone else in Ness playing ability. I suggest we start from here.

ok next post I promise I'll actually contribute. I'm fairly familiar with the matchup.
Will said new build have Unlimited PKT1?

Top Bottom