• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl model extractor

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Vuze_

Smash Apprentice
It is 2:25pm over here ;D
But I doubt Pharrox will find time then this week.
Anyway, still hoping ^-^

Super-Sonic

Smash Cadet
Super-Sonic

Thats not hard to do, its just putting the pikachu slot there, not a new one. Just a dupe of the original, thats how those all mario CSP's came to exist.
But, i mean, i've seen a friend of me doing it. Just putting a pikachu with only a color and diferent moves from the original. It's just, i don't know. He doesn't want to tell me how to. So if anyone of you know how to, i will be really thankfull.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Okay, I looked into ef_common.pac, and I found about 35 or 36 indexes, all of which contained model data. Is this where model data is stored?

Super-Sonic

Smash Cadet
Okay, I looked into ef_common.pac, and I found about 35 or 36 indexes, all of which contained model data. Is this where model data is stored?
most efects are 3d models. So, i think all you've seen are only efects, not character's 3d models

Kefrius

Smash Apprentice
You know what I have been thinking about lately.
Many modelers are starting on their models, and some even finishing it, so I was thinking that when Pharrox's injector is released, the first 2 days would be a total model blast on all sites XD

Like many people posting their models and such. That would be awesome XD
Well, they still have to rig them

Kinkedo56

Smash Cadet
You know.....many of the model's people have been working on are kind of unnecessary as Brawl trophies etc. has most of them.

Kefrius

Smash Apprentice
You know.....many of the model's people have been working on are kind of unnecessary as Brawl trophies etc. has most of them.
Ohh you re right. Thanks for make me remember that. I remeber Pharrox posting something about that. So it would be relatively easy to use any of the trophies in Brawl and convert them to a playable model? But would modelers still need to rig them?

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Ohh you re right. Thanks for make me remember that. I remeber Pharrox posting something about that. So it would be relatively easy to use any of the trophies in Brawl and convert them to a playable model? But would modelers still need to rig them?
Modelers still have to T-Pose them even. T-Posing Mewtwo's trophy is a pain, I can assure you of that :U

pokelover980

Smash Ace
I did it fairly quickly, if you want mine i can give it to you (some stuff was remodeled).
Really? It was a pain the first time I did it mainly because of the leg. Everything else was fine except the leg attached to his bum. I think my problem was I only vertex edited when I did it, not polygon. Ima give it another try tonight and see if I get it working.

Kefrius

Smash Apprentice
Really? It was a pain the first time I did it mainly because of the leg. Everything else was fine except the leg attached to his bum. I think my problem was I only vertex edited when I did it, not polygon. Ima give it another try tonight and see if I get it working.
Can you post your progress here, long time I dont see any progress on models. ;(

Kefrius

Smash Apprentice
M'kay, I can do that. I'll have some progress up either tonight or when I get home from school tomorrow.
Nice. It has been a while I haven't seen any Mewtwo models around. Remember seeing 2 different ones on Darkdragoon's mewtwo thread, but no news of them lately. Nice that you are working on one pokelover, Mewtwo is the first model I am going to use in Brawl+.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
I haven't kept up with this thread at all. Is Pharox close to a model injector? Has he found a way to do this?

What's the news of all this model and animation stuff?

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
It's not coming out, it'll get canceled, or he won't be able to figure something out and it'll get canned.

If I try to be pessimistic, it'll make the wait more worth it.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I realistically feel that we'll need yet another new File Replacement code with an adaptation that will allow injected models to actually function, as I don't see something of this magnitude realistically be implemented with the codes at hand. I still think that we should expect a model importer a Christmas present at absolute best, if it ever happens at all.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
I realistically feel that we'll need yet another new File Replacement code with an adaptation that will allow injected models to actually function, as I don't see something of this magnitude realistically be implemented with the codes at hand. I still think that we should expect a model importer a Christmas present at absolute best, if it ever happens at all.
I think the current File Patcher will work fine. Considering that BrawlBox model swapping works with it, custom models should work fine, too, considering that they're the same format.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
No. File replacement codes decide what files to replace in which folder, basically, you can replace anything it allows. Alt. models are basically just textures, so any file replacement code will work fine, no need for a new one.

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Are you stupid or something?
"this magnitude", its the same thing as texture hacking, the exact same.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
It's not coming out, it'll get canceled, or he won't be able to figure something out and it'll get canned.

If I try to be pessimistic, it'll make the wait more worth it.
^This

Well, Pharrox could at least post. Or just abandon the project, and we'll all bash him with our plastic spoons.

If this hype is going to be knocked down, then whatever, let this topic sage. C'mon Pharrox. Just post.

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
Everyone, you're getting something for free from a guy you don't know. Don't complain.
So, you're saying there's absolutely nothing wrong with just promising a kid a new toy, and then going off to the store, and then never calling or coming back to fullfill the promise? Forget a release, Pharrox hasn't even posted any type of proof - It's also interesting to think about what it means when I said "I'll post proof".. It means he got something working. However that entire week has past and he gave us nothing but a kick in the face.

I'm willing to drop it even he shows at least some proof; right now, even just tossing in a box and showing it would be sufficient, since at least that means SOMETHING works.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
So, you're saying there's absolutely nothing wrong with just promising a kid a new toy, and then going off to the store, and then never calling or coming back to fullfill the promise? Forget a release, Pharrox hasn't even posted any type of proof - It's also interesting to think about what it means when I said "I'll post proof".. It means he got something working. However that entire week has past and he gave us nothing but a kick in the face.

I'm willing to drop it even he shows at least some proof; right now, even just tossing in a box and showing it would be sufficient, since at least that means SOMETHING works.
Think about it, hundreds of things could have happened. His computer could have crashed, he could have gone on a trip somewhere, he might have encountered an error, maybe he doesn't have enough done, maybe he doesn't have time at the moment, maybe he's pissed off at people constantly complaining, or maybe he's almost done and wants to release it when it's finished. But all of that is besides the point, Oshtoby is right, he's getting nothing out of this, yet he is still doing it. If you want it done faster, do it yourself, it's not as easy as you think!

sffadsad

Smash Apprentice

There's nothing wrong with promising a kid a new toy and then not giving it to them. Especially if the kid is impatient and whiny.

Pharrox has already shown that he is able to create programs that affect Brawl models. (Hint, he posted up a few betas of his model extractor.) Now all you have to do is go do something else and wait for him to finish.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
^^ yatht. Wow, you guys, calm down, okay? Some of you are even accusing him of just leaving us hanging (not quoted, but look back through this page)? Just wait. WAIT. Though I do agree it was wrong of him (or her? :S no offense just thought I'd be polite) to not post anything AT ALL, not even a reply to any questions, or, hell, even show up. But things come up. As mentioned above, maybe his/her computer crashed and s/he needs to re-install the internet... or all progress may have been lost X_X So just try to focus on something else for a bit. Try making a PSA to tide you over. Do something useful, like make a full list of all the SFX in Brawl. THAT would be a very good thing to do.

bleyva

Smash Ace
There's nothing wrong with promising a kid a new toy and then not giving it to them.
well, i do think theres something inherently wrong with promising something and not keeping your word, but thats a very far cry from what Pharrox is doing. its not like a model importer is something you can promise and then go out and by at a Toys R Us. **** happens.

Though I do agree it was wrong of him (or her? :S no offense just thought I'd be polite) to not post anything AT ALL
implying theres girls in the smash workshop :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
well, i do think theres something inherently wrong with promising something and not keeping your word, but thats a very far cry from what Pharrox is doing. its not like a model importer is something you can promise and then go out and by at a Toys R Us. **** happens.

Its possible, right?

RIGHT..? -_-; oh.

probably

Probably

PROBABLY
Precisely.

Doval

Smash Lord
So, you're saying there's absolutely nothing wrong with just promising a kid a new toy, and then going off to the store, and then never calling or coming back to fullfill the promise?
Except making a program takes a ****load more time and effort than going to a store and coming back with a toy.

Also if I were in Pharrox's shoes I wouldn't want to have to be posting in Smashboards constantly just to keep people from saying "ZOMG PHARROX IS QUITTING." Patience is a virtue. If he hasn't posted he's surely been busy with real life distractions that have higher priority than making a program he's not being paid for.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
What's that supposed to mean. Now, I'm NOT a girl, but there are many girls that hack, (i.e. TheEnigmaLiesBroken on GSCentral,etc.) some that do a pretty **** good job too.

Also, the injector will come out when Pharrox finishes it. Creating something like this is very difficult, try it yourself, you'll see.

(Heh, just realized this site had an automatic censor, the beforementioned word is dam, for those of you who can't figure it out)

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
probably

Probably

PROBABLY
Completely forgot.. And that actually changes quite a bit. If he didn't say he WOULD, but he MIGHT, then that means he didn't really break his word.

Pharrox has already shown that he is able to create programs that affect Brawl models. (Hint, he posted up a few betas of his model extractor.)
Technically, that doesn't affect the model, it just uses it. What he's aiming for now IS actually affecting the files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom