• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl model extractor

Status
Not open for further replies.

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Ok guys, just so you know, the ps3 and 360 main character models go around 10k - 16k polygons each, considering wii is also using lower texture res, the limit would be around 6k polygons with a standard texture res (id say it would even be on the lower standard). Even then im not sure if it would lag.

The highest brawl character model i have seen is roughly 9k tris (around 4.5k polygons). So 5k with regular textures should be find, but any higher and you might have to lower the texture res significantly.

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
The highest brawl character model i have seen is roughly 9k tris (around 4.5k polygons). So 5k with regular textures should be find, but any higher and you might have to lower the texture res significantly.
The Wii is capable of handling quite a bit more than that. The limited video memory is the only thing stopping Brawl from spamming 1024x1024 textures, though it seriously could have handled a lot more 1024's than what Brawl gave it. However, triangles take up practically no memory, and Brawl still leaves a lot of video resources available.

Knightcrawler

Smash Journeyman
25K x 4 is 100k. Even by last gen standards, that's not much. for a character it is, but even the PS2 could have supported 100k.

That's at the absolute max, note. But the PS2 was the weakest of last gen, and the Wii is stronger than that. I estimate the Wii is about twice as powerful as the GC, and the GC had the best graphical potential of the last gen consoles(Note I said potential).

Exactly. I'm saying the Wii would be able to handle it, but everything else would have to be realatively low detail. That's not because of graphic limitations as much as just memory, though.
The poly limits that Sony detailed for their PS2 are realistically false. The cars in Gran Turismo 4 had only had a few thousand polys each. Actually, I think it might have been 500-800.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
Ok, I just skimmed through 139 pages of this, am I correct to say that this progam has not been released yet? Or could I have just missed it?
Yup, we're still waiting... still waiting...

I'm wondering... isn't Pharrox already done with this? He said he got trophies to work, but he just wanted to post something worthwhile, or something along those lines....

...:dizzy:... STUFF2o dislikes waiting...

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman

I'm wondering... isn't Pharrox already done with this? He said he got trophies to work, but he just wanted to post something worthwhile, or something along those lines....

What if he's releasing it as a package. That comes with a bunch of working models. That would be awesome.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal

What if he's releasing it as a package. That comes with a bunch of working models. That would be awesome.
I said enough:

I thought we were off this subject. Everyone stop having doubts. He will get it done. Until then, enough of the d@mn complaints.
Stay on subject without having doubts.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I don't doubt Pharrox, but I'd like to know why it isn't out yet. I was under the impression that at least a month ago, he was on the very last bit.
He NEVER said he would release it.

He said he would probably release something related to it last week.

even if he did show up, he probably wouldn't have the converter. You guys are twisting his words. :mad:

pokelover980

Smash Ace
He NEVER said he would release it.

He said he would probably release something related to it two weeks ago.

even if he did show up, he probably wouldn't have the converter. You guys are twisting his words. :mad:
Bold is where I fixed it. He said it two weeks ago :U

But I agree with you, everyone expects Pharrox to release it, but he never said he would. He said he was working on it. He never ever once said he was going to release it (or at least he didn't as far as I know). Stop expecting him to come out with things that aren't promised >.>

mariokart64n

Smash Apprentice
i haven't used AiS in awhile, but trying just recently.. it just crashes for me.

anyone have a simular issue, where the converter just doesn't starts.

maybe one of the required runtimes is wrong?

pokelover980

Smash Ace
i haven't used AiS in awhile, but trying just recently.. it just crashes for me.

anyone have a simular issue, where the converter just doesn't starts.

maybe one of the required runtimes is wrong?
Are you using it the right way? Remember, you have to drag the FitChar##.pac onto it to make it work. You can't try and open it, and you it has to be a .pac, not the .pcs.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
I just find it odd that he wouldnt even answer anyone's questions... he just didnt show up at all.

ANYWAY

Is there a guide for swapping articles (i.e. Links boomerang w/ TL's)?

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
dont mind him, he's just the butthurt police while everyone waits for pharrox. :laugh:
How do you know the reason Pharrox hasn't released it yet is because people are having doubts or are tired of waiting. He could just be really **** pissed off at people trying to rush him or say it isn't going to come out.

I just find it odd that he wouldnt even answer anyone's questions... he just didnt show up at all.

ANYWAY

Use Brawlbox (thread here) to open a characters FitCharMotionEtc.pac and swap the model and texture from one article to another. You can also swap animation data, but you don't have to.

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman

ANYWAY

its fairly simple, just replace the models in brawlbox. they'll behave like normal, but look like the changed. i know for a fact that the boomerang swap works flawlessly.
there was something on it a week ago on Elite Smash hackers i think.

can some1 help me give sheik a cape or scarf? i guess it would be a matter of only replacing part of a model...hm... (btw i ask to make Sothe as well as the Prince of Persia)

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
How do you know the reason Pharrox hasn't released it yet is because people are having doubts or are tired of waiting. He could just be really **** pissed off at people trying to rush him or say it isn't going to come out.

Use Brawlbox (thread here) to open a characters FitCharMotionEtc.pac and swap the model and texture from one article to another. You can also swap animation data, but you don't have to.
its fairly simple, just replace the models in brawlbox. they'll behave like normal, but look like the changed. i know for a far that the boomerang swap works flawlessly.
there was something on it a week ago on Elite Smash hackers i think.
oh its that easy? lol. Okay, thanks both of you :)

mariokart64n

Smash Apprentice
yeah, oops.

i was treating it as a commandline app, but you have to drag a file to it. O_o

thanks pokelover980

btw the converter could be going around as a beta, and everyone doesn't know it?
just give it another week, i'm sure things will get cleared up. lets hope he's still alive and feel atleast

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
yeah, oops.

i was treating it as a commandline app, but you have to drag a file to it. O_o

thanks pokelover980

btw the converter could be going around as a beta, and everyone doesn't know it?
just give it another week, i'm sure things will get cleared up. lets hope he's still alive and feel atleast
A source told me that he has the beta. If I am correct and he is the only one with the beta, than to that guy: stop calling me bi. I'm not and sick of it.

Anyways, can't wait.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
A source told me that he has the beta. If I am correct and he is the only one with the beta, than to that guy: stop calling me bi. I'm not and sick of it.

Anyways, can't wait.
yea how the hell did that start anyway lol.

EDIT: The "bi" thing, I mean.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Perhaps he doesn't react because he's in college? Meaning, he doesn't even have the time to appease the part of the forum that mostly spends their time having no life anyway?

A bit of backtracking showed that Pharrox was really busy and might not be working on it at all for a very long time. So suck it.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
Perhaps he doesn't react because he's in college? Meaning, he doesn't even have the time to appease the part of the forum that mostly spends their time having no life anyway?
Exactly:

brawlshifter said:
Think about it, hundreds of things could have happened. His computer could have crashed, he could have gone on a trip somewhere, he might have encountered an error, maybe he doesn't have enough done, maybe he doesn't have time at the moment, maybe he's pissed off at people constantly complaining, or maybe he's almost done and wants to release it when it's finished.
Everyone, just give him time. If he wants to work on it and has time, he will.

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
*hibernates*
lol nice plan

yeah i totally empathize with him. btw midterms are this week and next week for most colleges so if thats the reason, then theres a good chance that itll be another 2 weeks. I truely dont blame him if he doesnt even look at a computer for a week or 2. this might not even be the case tho. this is just speculation on my part.
luckily winter break is coming. this means that all the hackers come home from college and dive back into hacking in order to avoid relatives and college apps are finishing so all the high school hackers such as myself will be able to give it our all.:laugh:

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Gary :)

Yeah, I know, I suck. Anyway, yes, I sent an early version to VILE a couple days ago. I now realize it won't work because of a bug with the joint hierarchy going from collada to brres. For what it's worth all the main controls are working and all that's left is debugging conversion problems like what I just mentioned. The collada compatibility problems are fixed for anyone who was having problems with earlier versions.

Eh, I have all day tomorrow (today) to work on it so hopefully I can post an update then. I finally got away from Walmart and Monday is the last day of the quarter so I'll finally have some free time soon.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Yeah, I know, I suck. Anyway, yes, I sent an early version to VILE a couple days ago. I now realize it won't work because of a bug with the joint hierarchy going from collada to brres. For what it's worth all the main controls are working and all that's left is debugging conversion problems like what I just mentioned. The collada compatibility problems are fixed for anyone who was having problems with earlier versions.
Glad to see you back. I think people were mostly just getting antsy because you seemingly up and vanished. :p Glad to see you didn't get hit by a truck, or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom