• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl model extractor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finman702

Smash Journeyman
Didn't he said release? Or maybe.......... release of a teaser?
Wanted to wait to release something until I had something impressive to show, but at this point I don't think it really matters, I'll probably post something in the next week or so.
Could be interpreted either way, sounds more like a picture to me. I'm just glad he is so awesome and is making progress with something so big.
:p

_Vuze_

Smash Apprentice
@Bionate: I am sure there will be one.
And hell yeah, a release of the converter would be awesome, even though a picture/video would be cool as well.

Kefrius

Smash Apprentice
It is funny how anyone is poting because we are waiting for Pharrox to post :laugh::laugh:

Kefrius

Smash Apprentice
@Bionate: I am sure there will be one.
And hell yeah, a release of the converter would be awesome, even though a picture/video would be cool as well.
Hell yeah that would be awesome XD
(just posting this to BUMP lol)

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Well, I've just now thought up a constructive question:

When models are imported, will there still be the "running teleport" glitch? you know what I mean. And there must be a limit to the # of faces? If you could give us an error that pops up saying that there are too many faces before we go freezing our game with that god-forsaken "BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP" That would be very nice.

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
Well, I've just now thought up a constructive question:

When models are imported, will there still be the "running teleport" glitch? you know what I mean. And there must be a limit to the # of faces? If you could give us an error that pops up saying that there are too many faces before we go freezing our game with that god-forsaken "BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP" That would be very nice.
The running teleport glitch will not happen unless you use a skeleton that doesn't work correctly with said Characters fitmotionetc.pac. It won't happen unnless you pacswap a model hack, which there's no point in.

There most likely won't be a poly limit, aside from the poly limit of the Wii itself. So, if you wanted to, you could probably get away with up to a 20,000 poly model since the Wii could handle it. However, I can't think of any way anyone could be a bad enough modeler to not be able to make 5,000 polys look just fine.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
HEY YOU! YEAH YOU! I tried character REPLACING. YEAH CHARACTER REPLACING!
1. I tried turning lucario into lucas.
2. I gave lucario lucas's 00.pac and motion pac
3. I took all the files from lucario's .pac and replaced them with lucas's
4. I tested it, and this is what i got:
A lucas WITHOUT the running teleport glitch, no aerials, no particles, and i believe every move other than aerials, down B and crawling worked.

This confuses me as to what we are missing. If we can figure this out, we can replace metaknight with ROY. YEAH ROY!

there were a few other minor errors, like weird airdodging, but i had melee airdodge on...

And... the teleport glitch is in the .pac, not the motionetc.pac

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
A lucas WITHOUT the running teleport glitch, no aerials, no particles, and i believe every move other than aerials, down B and crawling worked.

This confuses me as to what we are missing. If we can figure this out, we can replace metaknight with ROY. YEAH ROY!

there were a few other minor errors, like weird airdodging, but i had melee airdodge on...

I hope so much that this works. Along with MK as Roy, I want Sonic replaced with Pichu, and R.O.B. replaced with Dr. Mario or Fighter Kirby.

Super-Sonic

Smash Cadet

But i've always thinked that if you just replace ALL files from two caracters withs the same numbers of things, you could get the character you want in the character you overwrited it, doesn't it?

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
I tired to do a simple swap with gray fox's model onto sheik, game froze. when someone gets that to work, it'd be awesome

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
YESZ!!!

We're totally defacing what Brawl is originally meant to be...

...but i approve.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
If I got a dollar for every pointless post on this thread, I'd probably have enough to pay Sakurai to make a brawl with all the characters we could dream of, and using some of that cash to convince companies to let us use their characters, and still have enough left over for a jacuzzi.

ANYWAYS, you dont need to use brawl box for the lucas/lucario thing i did, just give lucario lucas's .pac, 00.pac, and motionetc.pac.
I tried this with other characters, and the game froze.

and the running teleport glitch is in the .pac file. anyone know where? i once changed all the values of a character, to another's and it didn't have the glitch

Kefrius

Smash Apprentice
Here I have a good question:

So I was wondering about the bones of the upcoming models. Pharrox once said the bones would have to stay the same.

So I understand that, but I dont fully understand what the models bones are.
So if fo example the models bones were like human bones, do modelers have to
for example put marth's bones and start working on Lyn around those bones?

Or, by bone do you guys mean like how the guy stands, attacks guards etc.?

mariokart64n

Smash Apprentice
where a bone connects to another bone is a pivot point. in otherwords the area where your model must bend.

your models MUST align to these pivot points, otherwise it won't bend properly...

in almost all cases you cannot place a female model over top a male skeleton (the shoulders are too broad)

Kefrius

Smash Apprentice
where a bone connects to another bone is a pivot point. in otherwords the area where your model must bend.

your models MUST align to these pivot points, otherwise it won't bend properly...

in almost all cases you cannot place a female model over top a male skeleton (the shoulders are too broad)
so something like Lyn with Marth would work?

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace

Incorrect.

The positions of the original t posed bones have nothing to do with it.

The only thing that matters is that the names of the bones match up, the positions of the original bones or overwritten by the animations. If the animations look fine on the model, it wont matter if the original bone format was huge or whatever.

Super-Sonic

Smash Cadet
No!!!!!!!!

Jigglypuff rox.

@ supersonic: I tried this befor i belive, but the game froze
But, the case is that still is possible to add one character, don't it?
Someone tell me that you can just use the random to put another character. The fact is that you don't could make him work because already we have no program to edit animations, Am I wrong? Also, if anyone tell me whats the way to make random a playable character (just what i've explained before), i would be thankfull.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
But, the case is that still is possible to add one character, don't it?
Someone tell me that you can just use the random to put another character. The fact is that you don't could make him work because already we have no program to edit animations, Am I wrong? Also, if anyone tell me whats the way to make random a playable character (just what i've explained before), i would be thankfull.
I don't think random can be a new character itself. Like in a spinner. random would be like spinning the spinner right? it could land on... say... 4 colors. yuu cant turn the verb spin into a 5th color. BUT... My thoughts are that we can use the alloys as new characters, and maybe... MAYBE assign random to ONE of them. the rest may be obtainable through codes much like the individual pokemon, sheik, zerosuit etc

Smash Ace
Random isn't a character, all it does is run a little script giving it a random chance of picking a character and color.

mariokart64n

Smash Apprentice
I don't know what your talking about... for animations to work, yes bone names must be the same. but animations hold the xyz position, xyz scale, and xyz rotation. unless you change these values, the animations will force whatever bones to the exact position size, rotation.. etc of whats recorded in the animation.

so yea you can rename the bones, but your model is going to distort or stretch to meet these animations.

to aviod these unsightly issues, it's better to remodel your models around the original skeleton that belong to the animation set your going to use.

this of course DOES MATTER, but isn't important if editing the animations.. (which isn't possible yet)

...SO ITS YOU WHO IS MISTAKEN

so you can't just use any arrangement of Tposed models, because it'll distort to fit those animations of the other character. using a female model on a male skeleton again will not work well. men have broad shoulders.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
I don't know what your talking about... for animations to work, yes bone names must be the same. but animations hold the xyz position, xyz scale, and xyz rotation. unless you change these values, the animations will force whatever bones to the exact position size, rotation.. etc of whats recorded in the animation.

so yea you can rename the bones, but your model is going to distort or stretch to meet these animations.

to aviod these unsightly issues, it's better to remodel your models around the original skeleton that belong to the animation set your going to use.

this of course DOES MATTER, but isn't important if editing the animations.. (which isn't possible yet)

so you can't just use any arrangement of Tposed models, because it'll distort to fit those animations of the other character. using a female model on a male skeleton again will not work well. men have broad shoulders.
Men have broad shoulders in real life. In a Nintendo game where they are lower poly than others you won't see much of a difference. Also, when t-posed, it won't matter. It will appear that they have no shoulders. Plus, who pays attention to the shoulders, anyways >.>

But, as always, I might be wrong. Also, if your models are rigged to the original bones, they will not stretch as much as long as you do not mess with the bones. In theory, a female model over a male will look perfectly fine as long as no bones are edited and they fit they bones as good as the original does.

mariokart64n

Smash Apprentice
there was a good example posted a few pages back. you can clearly see where the animation forces the models skeleton into another form. more specifically the limbs and the shoulder widen.

maybe to novices minor stuff like that may not be such a big deal. but it's noticeable to me and not how to properly conduct a mod. for best results your new model should be placed with the proper skeleton and animation and fit that skeleton.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Random isn't a character, all it does is run a little script giving it a random chance of picking a character and color.
That's the exact point I was trying to get to, but maybe we could point it to a diferent script to load, say, red alloy.

Now, my main post: Does anyone know any spes on the animation files? Most specifically the CHR0? I think that if we can find the spots with the bone size values, we can maybe make a small program to change them to the size of a different character's bone size. then psa with custom MotionETC.pac's would be a hit!

My thoughts
Input CHR0#1 (the one you want re sized)
Input CHR0#2 (any CHR0 from the character you want the size READJUSTED TO)
Outputs CHR0fixed#1

Or maye have it do batch files!
And have this all leave bone position and rotation the same

Smash Ace

Hmm, to prove you wrong again.

You can have the parts of the model completely far away from the bones and still rig it to work perfectly.

Its EASIER to model your model around the skeleton, but not 1005 needed.

mariokart64n

Smash Apprentice
it's not a matter of easy or harder. you can't rig a human skeleton to a dog model. and that's basically what your implying, that the model doesn't matter.

I've been doing this for along time, and the way your thinking is improper. has nothing to do with easier or harder.. it'sthe fact of properly creating and rigging your model.

if the bone for the arm in the models foot.. your model isn't going to work right. not 1005, not even 15

even if you properly rigged, then just changed the names in order for the model to stretch to the animations.. ITS WRONG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom