• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl model extractor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kefrius

Smash Apprentice
it's not a matter of easy or harder. you can't rig a human skeleton to a dog model. and that's basically what your implying, that the model doesn't matter.

I've been doing this for along time, and the way your thinking is improper. has nothing to do with easier or harder.. it'sthe fact of properly creating and rigging your model.

if the bone for the arm in the models foot.. your model isn't going to work right. not 1005, not even 15

even if you properly rigged, then just changed the names in order for the model to stretch to the animations.. ITS WRONG
Its Roy right? Awesome.

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
mariokart64n, im not sure why you are saying im wrong, Ive done this before, i don't care what you say, you can rig how you want and i will rig how i want.

If i know how to make my models look as best as possible, ill do that, if you don't even want to listen, thats your problem.

mariokart64n

Smash Apprentice
@Vile you started this by calling me wrong, so it's you not listening. neither ways are wrong. but for optimal movement and bending of the model, it should be remodeled around the best suitable skeleton.

if all your talk was true, then nintendo would have just used the same male skeleton for every character in the game and not even cared about the rigging. . of course this isn't the case. mismatching skeletons may be the duct-tape solution but I would still advise others against it. if you don't know how to compromise and skin properly the models are going to bend like a scarycrow

Smash Ace
Look at SF and tekken, moveswap in those games and they turn out perfect, why? because they used the same method im talking about (but to a less extreme extent).

Bakuryu

Smash Ace
I'm probably terrible out of my place here ,but I just watched a video of the Street Fighter move swap and the body was changed based on the moved they represented even the model was malformed. I think what mariokart64n is saying that even though they animations themselves work they don't look right because there bound to bones that aren't made for them and have little to no similarity's. Maybe im just ignorant in which case ignore I was here *poof* also I have a lot of respect for mariokart64n as I knew about him before he entered the smash scene. Including helping out the person who made Haloid and the Dead Fantasy series. XD

Smash Ace
The models only look like that because of the twist bones animations. With sagat, his twist bones move more during animations and ryu's dont, so if you moveswap them, the models will have random dents because of the twist bone differences.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Tekken characters share a base skeleton. That is why Mokujin/Tatsujin/Combot exist, and why many Tekken characters share moves, and ALL tekken characters share tumble/falldown/getup attacks.

If you want things to work right, the model must be properly rigged with a adequate skeleton.
Compare jiggs/ganon or mario/peach to a fox/wolf modelswap.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Tekken characters share a base skeleton. That is why Mokujin/Tatsujin/Combot exist, and why many Tekken characters share moves, and ALL tekken characters share tumble/falldown/getup attacks.

If you want things to work right, the model must be properly rigged with a adequate skeleton.
Compare jiggs/ganon or mario/peach to a fox/wolf modelswap.
I think the clostest we may find other than mario to yellow alloy etc. is nes to lucas vise versa.

and do you guys really need to argue? pharrox hinted at posting something this week... maybe he will do that today. We are all eager. but would anyoone like to code a bone readjustment program, like in my previous post?

Super-Sonic

Smash Cadet
I don't think random can be a new character itself. Like in a spinner. random would be like spinning the spinner right? it could land on... say... 4 colors. yuu cant turn the verb spin into a 5th color. BUT... My thoughts are that we can use the alloys as new characters, and maybe... MAYBE assign random to ONE of them. the rest may be obtainable through codes much like the individual pokemon, sheik, zerosuit etc
But, i've watched a video, The Geno one, who made to get his new character on random. And my friend showed me him selecting a texture hack from pikachu on random, and i've checked and havent seen that texture hack on pikachu portrait. I'ts kinda crazy...

Smash Ace
Super-Sonic

Thats not hard to do, its just putting the pikachu slot there, not a new one. Just a dupe of the original, thats how those all mario CSP's came to exist.

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
But, i've watched a video, The Geno one, who made to get his new character on random. And my friend showed me him selecting a texture hack from pikachu on random, and i've checked and havent seen that texture hack on pikachu portrait. I'ts kinda crazy...
yeah the Geno video your taking about? It`s a fake...the creator said so himself :p You can`t make Random a character, he just has MAD video/photo editing skills.
But I`ve seen his actual model of Geno and it would be perfect for Brawl. Someone should message him when Pharrox finally decides to release.

Smash Ace
I can prove it easily.

Look at all the people on smashboards. If this where an attack site, why does no one else have problems?

_Vuze_

Smash Apprentice
So, I haven't been online recently, any news on the converter or any footage from Pharrox?

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
More importantly, the first post should actually have version 1.3 of the ripper that has been out for forever, but no one notices because he posted it on page 13 and never his original post.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Looks like Pharrox isn't going to release his sexy model tool in this week. Oh well more wait=better
No! Theres still time! Theres still an hour and 50 minutes! Dont give up hope!
...hmm... I wonder if BrawlScape will be able to handle this?

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
I got tabuu falcon :D all move seem to work... except the end of his final smash, but i laughed my *** of when watching the final smash.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=923825a38d1cc4fa931c7453395df025e04e75f6e8ebb871

by the way, anyone know how to fix the teleport glitch? and if ...:::VILE:::... knows... why not TELL us.

also by the way, what makes the model swaps successful? i try knuckles and jeff, they never seem to work. and if ...:::VILE:::... knows... why not TELL us.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
lol
I hope he releases it tomorrow atleast, I want to see some models before going back to school.
Well, NOW its Sunday, lol XD Mhmm, I too would like to have a Roy filling that Red costume slot by monday 'morn...

D

Deleted member

So, I have the third post in this thread, so I could edit it into a temporary OP of sorts, with a link to ais 0.1.3 and say what Pharrox is currently working on.
Thing is, I lost my link to ais 0.1.3 and I don't know what he is currently working :laugh:
So, if someone makes an OP for, I'll edit it into my post when I WBTB. That should reduce a bit of the spam.

Oshtoby

Smash Apprentice
Burholme, Philadelphia, PA, USA, North America, Ea
Maybe this had been answered before, or maybe it's common knowledge, but I would like to know this: All of the costumes have a different fitWhatever#.pac, right? If we were to change the model in only one of them, would it only change that one costume, Like "WarioWare" Wario Vs. "Wario Land" Wario? Example: We could have Roy vs. Marth, but they would both have the same animations, moveset and physics. Sorry if this is a simple question.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
@Oshtoby: yep, exactly. Think Jiggs or Pikachu--all the hats are different models. Same moveset etc, of course, but yeah. Different models and textures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom