• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl model extractor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I have a simple question.

Old Snake's model from MGS4. Would it be possible to place it into Brawl with this tool? Eventually? Right away?

I wants me some Old Snake in Brawl, not just texture hacks :)

FireC

Smash Cadet

Old Snake's model from MGS4. Would it be possible to place it into Brawl with this tool? Eventually? Right away?

Well, if there is someone who can read blu-ray discs, take what they think is the models from MGS4, and decypt them into a editable file.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon

Well, if there is someone who can read blu-ray discs, take what they think is the models from MGS4, and decypt them into a editable file.
What he means to say is: Not in the traditional way.

What I'm telling you: Edit the current snake model to make him old. The texture hack is pretty dang close already IMO.

-DD

FireC

Smash Cadet
What he means to say is: Not in the traditional way.

What I'm telling you: Edit the current snake model to make him old. The texture hack is pretty dang close already IMO.

-DD
Well, you are right on the fact he does not just want this in the traditional way of texture hacks, but from what he said, I believe he actually wants it as the 100% accurate model from MGS4, to do that would require more than an edit.

Although I did see a video showing the actual graphics of Old Snake from the game editors in a model editor, maybe your method would work if we based the model of Snake off of what is seen in the program when they showed him.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
So it won't be possible to take models from other games and place them in Brawl? I was thinking this was going to be kinda like Gmod...I guess that's still a couple years off lol.

FireC

Smash Cadet
So it won't be possible to take models from other games and place them in Brawl? I was thinking this was going to be kinda like Gmod...I guess that's still a couple years off lol.
No, you can, but only if the file format from the game you want to import is known, and you can put it into a model editor. Then, you will be able to put it into brawl.

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
No, you can, but only if the file format from the game you want to import is known, and you can put it into a model editor. Then, you will be able to put it into brawl.
Omg? So in the future we can expect to see characters from other games in Brawl? O_O

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Well, once it's in the model editor, I suppose anything's possible.
Holy **** this is so beast! I can put all the Smash 64 models into Brawl?

Master Chief?

Travis Touchdown?

Super Saiyajin 2 Gohan from Budokai 3?

God ****. I'm guessing this will only be possible via ISO hacking? Is expecting an SD loader method even worth my time?

dabridge

Smash Journeyman
Holy **** this is so beast! I can put all the Smash 64 models into Brawl?

Master Chief?

Travis Touchdown?

Super Saiyajin 2 Gohan from Budokai 3?

God ****. I'm guessing this will only be possible via ISO hacking? Is expecting an SD loader method even worth my time?
What? xD

SD loader can do this. Model files are stored in PACs, which can be replaced. Everything in Brawl can be replaced with something else. In theory, we could make a completely new game with this method.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
What? xD

SD loader can do this. Model files are stored in PACs, which can be replaced. Everything in Brawl can be replaced with something else. In theory, we could make a completely new game with this method.
Oh wow. Too good.

I guess the only thing left is to completely replace stages? Dreamland 64 plz!

Knightcrawler

Smash Journeyman
No, you can't just take old man Snake off of MGS4 and put it in Brawl. It's too detailed; it'd lag or crash the game. Besides that, I doubt anyone's decrypted any PS3 file format's like Pharrox is doing with the Wii.

Anyway Anth0ny, this isn't gonna be a magic wand. You will still need some skill and knowledge use the editor properly.

FireC

Smash Cadet
No, you can't just take old man Snake off of MGS4 and put it in Brawl. It's too detailed; it'd lag or crash the game. Besides that, I doubt anyone's decrypted any PS3 file format's like Pharrox is doing with the Wii.

Anyway Anth0ny, this isn't gonna be a magic wand. You will still need some skill and knowledge use the editor properly.
Actually, looking at the Old Snake in the model editor from that video, it didn't look extremely detailed, in fact, probably not anymore than any model for the Wii. The textures are what's detailed. But I may not be one to judge, how detailed do you think Snake looks in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-DrkSQLHsk

Oh, I meant to say btw, anth0ny, it isn't just import and extract in a 3d model editor to get it to work, you have to rig the bones of a brawl character to this new model and etc, and then put it in the importer.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Actually, looking at the Old Snake in the model editor from that video, it didn't look extremely detailed, in fact, probably not anymore than any model for the Wii. The textures are what's detailed. But I may not be one to judge, how detailed do you think Snake looks in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-DrkSQLHsk

Oh, I meant to say btw, anth0ny, it isn't just import and extract in a 3d model editor to get it to work, you have to rig the bones of a brawl character to this new model and etc, and then put it in the importer.
Yea...no. Those have a LOT more polygons than what we have in Brawl.
-DD

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Yeah, I didn't think so. That would be too easy for something this amazing :laugh:

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
Well, there is a torrent of all of them in .dae format right here:

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/488...ros_Brawl_Extracted_Character_Models_(.dae_fi

I believe you have to apply the textures to them yourself though.
My problem is it only has the normal characters (plus Wario Man, but NOT Giga Bowser). It is missing the Alloys, and, well, that's been what I've been after this whole time. I have Green, but need Red, Yellow and Blue (for their various complex parts) still.

FireC

Smash Cadet
My problem is it only has the normal characters (plus Wario Man, but NOT Giga Bowser). It is missing the Alloys, and, well, that's been what I've been after this whole time. I have Green, but need Red, Yellow and Blue (for their various complex parts) still.
I can send them to you if you want. (I have the brawl iso on my computer)

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
I can send them to you if you want. (I have the brawl iso on my computer)
In .dae format? If your converter won't choke on them (as Pharrox's 1.1.3 does) and they're T-posed, oh dear god yes.

If not, I think I may have found a lead on making at least Red go T-posed via moveswap (though I'd have to either hack or locate a PAL moveswap code) and rip through emulator.

I'm not concerned about the textures; all I'm after is the geometry.

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace

Your kidding right? Old snake would be alot more than snake, you have to consider that he has everything under his armor and **** modeled, the detailed face, the body has all the indents modeled in and the heaps of hair he has. He would be more than 4x brawl snake's polys.

FireC

Smash Cadet
Your kidding right? Old snake would be alot more than snake, you have to consider that he has everything under his armor and **** modeled, the detailed face, the body has all the indents modeled in and the heaps of hair he has. He would be more than 4x brawl snake's polys.
OK, yes, the day I looked at that, I probably was not in the best of detail taking. After all, that snake was modeled that way to take advantage of the ps3's graphics... much stronger than the wii's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom