• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl model extractor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowchao

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, please help me D: I have some problems with the Model extractor... When i drag FitFox.pac on the extractor nothing happens... Now i got a .dae file but how do i edit it

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Yep, just figuring out the IDs in the file list. I can probably figure it out but looking at it in ram with Gecko, but it's something I hate doing and don't have much experience with. On the plus side, this little setback has caused me to take a look at some other files. I wrote the pat0 (texture animations) and clr0 (color animations, really fun to play with) in and out functions today. I would say I'm about 75% done with chr0 (bone animations) as well.

shadowchao

Smash Rookie
Ok, now i have tried 3ds max with collada-plugin: nothing, error...
Blender with collada-plugin: error!
then i tried photoshop and it works, but there are only some small triangles?? wtf?

EDIT: Ok, i was able to open the model"EffYoshHipdropStar.dae" , but when I try to open another Yoshi-Model it can't open it, beacause it says it has two joints?

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
Erm... is it any closer to being able to dump the Alloy models?

Previously (1.13), it would crash when trying to convert what I assume to be the polygons that cover the 'core' on them (between the chest and the hip), as Green converted fine.

There's parts to Red, Yellow and Blue that I'm trying to get ahold of for conversion to other places, and having the actual model data would be very helpful.

Yes, I'm the same person that'd messaged you on another site.

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Just a quick note. I've decided that I'll be sticking with Collada and will use .ifl files to handle texture animations. So Max will pretty much be required for viewing texture animating. Not that big of a deal since it seems like that's what most people are using anyway.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
I've looked through the last few pages of this thread, and it seems like all of you are making progress. Though it may be slow, it still is progress.

I'd like to say thanks for taking it upon yourselves to figure this out, guys. Must be hell trying to get this all to work.

Now I have a question, when this is done, to what extent can models be modified? Are we talking grafting one model onto another, or completely new ones?

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Animations are easy. Shouldn't take more than a week once it becomes a focus. Texture and color animations are already done, and character animation uses essentially the same format but with a couple more variables.

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Animations are easy. Shouldn't take more than a week once it becomes a focus. Texture and color animations are already done, and character animation uses essentially the same format but with a couple more variables.
A week? If you want something decent, it will probably take a lot longer than a week.

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
I'm just talking about the decoding of animations. It won't take much extra time to add support. Doing all the actual animations will take much longer. :)

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
I'm just talking about the decoding of animations. It won't take much extra time to add support. Doing all the actual animations will take much longer. :)
Ahhhh, i see. Im hoping to see model hacks soon (though i probably wont release one until i have a full animation set for it).

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
you are just inexperienced with it ;)
it can be just as good as 3ds max if you know how to use it.
watch this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE7VzlLtp-4
all models/animations were done in blender itself (the music wasnt but we have Androu1 and Dantarion's music programs for that)
If the only way textures can be applied is in a twisted, messed up way, then wouldn't they look just like that in-game?

stickman

Smash Apprentice
well the thing is, nintendo and blender use completely different UV mapping techniques. (at least how i am going at it)
3ds max is professional software and is most likely close to or IS the program that nintendo used to do the models, so that's why textures work there.
if you follow my first blender video, it shows how to unwrap the 3d object, and from there it can produce a tga that you can edit for its textures, so that is the closest ive gotten with blender so far

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
well the thing is, nintendo and blender use completely different UV mapping techniques. (at least how i am going at it)
3ds max is professional software and is most likely close to or IS the program that nintendo used to do the models, so that's why textures work there.
if you follow my first blender video, it shows how to unwrap the 3d object, and from there it can produce a tga that you can edit for its textures, so that is the closest ive gotten with blender so far
I tried that, but I can't make heads or tails of the flattened model...

stickman

Smash Apprentice
export it as a tga, edit in photoshop (make each group of triangles different colors), then place back on the model to see what maps to where

(i did something similar to map where snake's textures were)

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Ah.
I can kinda tell what the ears are (just working on the head), but that's about it.
(If you're wondering, it's a Lucario model edit.)

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
So ATM, taking any model in the game, doing something to it, and putting it back in doesn't work? I don't understand all the terminology here...

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
So ATM, taking any model in the game, doing something to it, and putting it back in doesn't work? I don't understand all the terminology here...
Game crashes. Something in the model files isn't converting properly, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom