• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl: Melbourne Official Brawl 2010 Tournament Series 28th Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Lawl yeah I hate wario, I'm never ready for that dang fart xD. Justs gets me off-guard all the time.

So whats the current status of the finalized stage list Atila? Or still on-going for now?
we're discussing the legality of the three red stages and will let you know when we've reached a decision. that being said, they will probably be allowed for a tournament or two so we can get some feedback of what people actually think of them.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
we're discussing the legality of the three red stages and will let you know when we've reached a decision. that being said, they will probably be allowed for a tournament or two so we can get some feedback of what people actually think of them.
Oh okay too

and much <3 Toby

Attila_

BRoomer
feb 26th looks like a goer. no promises, but that is looking like the day. hopefully i can get some more japanese smash in before then...

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Okay ladies I'm having a big-boy chat with (ironicly) a lady representing our choosen establishment to host your 2010 Smash.

Wish me luck.
That's pretty funny I got an email from that lady today stating that she's discussing everything with you now....

well not 'ha-ha' funny....

I'll just let myself out...

Vermy

Smash Champion
X, Attila when you guys have the chance, myself and Condog would like to discuss a Standard Melbourne 2010 Tournament Ruleset/Stagelist. Hit me up on msn or whatever and we can see what's what. Also adding respected players (both in PR status and theorycrafting) would probably be involved.

_X_

Smash Lord
Abbotsford Convent Confirmed For 2010 Smash

As most of you know I've been speaking with 'venue and events manager' at the Abbotsford Convent. I spoke with her today with rather favourable results.

Due to our previous relationship she was willing to accept our business for the year, which we <3.

She also went on to say that Couch Warriors would NOT be welcome to continue using the convent due to their general 'untidiness'.

On the subject of Conner and Vermy's exploits she said she would most likely give them a 'trial run' and see how things when.

Times and Rent

An initial deposit of $250 is necessary to hire the venue. Along with $110 Dollars (as not-for-profit) for EIGHT hours. Any excrss of the eight ours would result in a $16 dollar charge for every hour there after.

With this in mind a $5 venue 'entry/door fee' is being considered. We are sorry it had to come to this. I really did enjoy being the only state that didn't charge for entry.

THE NEXT EVENT WILL MOST LIKELY BE ON THE 27TH OF FEBRUARY UPON A's RETURN

L0ki

Smash Cadet
Wow, thanks for screwing us on that one guys. :/
CW has been bringing our own garbage bags since we've been using the convent and Zan and I go around before closing the room and clean everything that gets left behind up into those bags, so it's most definitely not our "gaming group" who's been leaving the place untidy.
If it's been you guys who've actually been leaving the place a mess when you left and have gone and shifted the blame to us then I'm really disappointed.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I really did enjoy being the only state that didn't charge for entry.
You don't think you're being a bit naive here?
What gains did not charging a venue fee to the ENTRANTS when the venue wasn't free actually achieve?
Mass confusion and distrust over pot sizes?
Couchwarriors also charged $5 per person to their events as 'venue fee', and were doing so for many many years. Smash is still apart of CW in my eyes.

And I'd also be disappointed if the convent's opinion of CW has been swayed injustly.
The smash scene, no, the entire competitive gaming community should always be looking out for each other.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
and that zan guy pulls so many favours for people are works way harder then he should, why's he getting gay'd over?

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
I really doubt anyone here would shift the blame onto the CW scene, if they did then that would be a pathetic move to save their own skin by blaming someone else. That being said I think that what happened was purely a case of mistaken identity with the CW group and you guys, they probably think that the mess you guys leave is theirs =(

Atlasmist

Smash Journeyman
save the trash talk for later. i also think poeple should arrive early on the starting day to discuss some topics/ideas in readiment for the new season, talking on the board is good but convening everyone at the start of the season would be in everyones best interest

Attila_

BRoomer
if you think X wouldve dogged you guys, youre all wrong. he's better than that. way better than that.

im pretty sure they just dont like us there. gamers dont really fit in with the surrounding atmosphere, and they might be afraid it is hurting their image. or something stupid like that. the way they expressed their initail concerns and reasons for denying us the usage of the venue fortifies this idea further. if we're paying, what is it if they have to vacuum clean the room afterwards? everything is always put away, not garbage is left behind, so its not like we do anything wrong at all. they just dont like us.

its just when jesse decided to speak to them face to face, they couldnt bring themselves to spout the same crap as they could in an email. if representatives from CW were willing to go have a chat to them, im pretty sure theyd let you kids use the venue also.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Wow at everyone pointing their fingers at X. >_>

If you don't know the real facts, don't make assumptions about what you think hes done. Go talk to him yourself and find out the facts, instead of the trash talking here. Sorry Shaya but from my point of view it seemed like you were all trash talking to me =/. I'm sure something will be sorted out so BOTH CW and Stigma tourneys will both run, I agree with attilas points. =3

Anyways, aside from that ill be looking forward to the next tourney ^.^

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
save the trash talk for later. i also think poeple should arrive early on the starting day to discuss some topics/ideas in readiment for the new season, talking on the board is good but convening everyone at the start of the season would be in everyones best interest
Seriously, what the **** are you talking about? :confused:

No one said anything about Jessie doing anything guys calm down jeez. As i said I highly doubt that anyone here would blame someone else to save their own skin, it's clearly a case of mistaken identity imo

Loki is merely saying that Cw have been blamed for the brawl people leaving a mess (trust me I have seen the room at closing time even with Jei trying clean up as best he could after you guys) while the CW Group have brought in rubbish bags in multiple areas for everyone and cleaned any mess afterwards.

There is also the possibility of for whatever reason, the venue owners maybe have it in for the CW group and want them out by using any excuse they can think of

Splice

Smash Hero
I've seen a room after closing time cleaning up with Jei. I thought it was pretty neat.

I think before any more discussion carries on here someone from CW should meet up and talk to the convent managers and speak face to face though, like attila said except without calling CW "you kids" at the end, that was weird.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Everybody still there at the end of a tourney helps clean up. There has only been one time that the venue was left in a messy state.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Leisha, whatever your definition of trash talking is, within my one, I was being CRITICAL of his actions, not trash talking. I did not throw out an accusation. I was pointing out observations.

X is a ****ing awesome guy who cares about the scene, I have nothing against him to incite reason to trash talk, either.
I would be disappointed if X didn't at least try to keep CW's relationship with the convent from falling. "We" ALL owe CW that much.

What I'm saying is, there's an issue here, and it's not all about X.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I tend to take things the wrong way sometimes, because I didn't fully understand everyone. I thought it was more everyone ripping into X. But I do see your point now Shaya.

Just as for one thing, lets just hope everything works out with this venue. If everyone's being cleaning up like they've said, I couldn't understand why the convent would suddenly consider the smash events unwelcome =s.

Does any other gaming communities hold their events here? I imagine most likely not, but they could have maybe mistaken us for them? Just a possibility.

_X_

Smash Lord
Wow, thanks for screwing us on that one guys. :/
CW has been bringing our own garbage bags since we've been using the convent and Zan and I go around before closing the room and clean everything that gets left behind up into those bags, so it's most definitely not our "gaming group" who's been leaving the place untidy.
If it's been you guys who've actually been leaving the place a mess when you left and have gone and shifted the blame to us then I'm really disappointed.

Having attended only one or two CW events this year, I don't know who goes, I don't know what has been happening this year. When CW was mentioned I named you as associates. Since she seemed happy with Jei and I at the time and it was looking likely that everything would go well and was going well with you guys. She mentioned that you guys left the place untidy and would most likely not allow you to continue to use and hire the venue.
Wether or not you want to blame 'us' (Smashers) or anyone else you should realise that YOU (CW) are responsible for the state of the venue. You singed the papers. You paid the rent and the bond. At the end of the day the responsibility falls back on the T.Os, as it has.
I am personally very sorry for what has happened, I shouldn't have come to this.

You don't think you're being a bit naive here?
What gains did not charging a venue fee to the ENTRANTS when the venue wasn't free actually achieve?
Mass confusion and distrust over pot sizes?
Couchwarriors also charged $5 per person to their events as 'venue fee', and were doing so for many many years. Smash is still apart of CW in my eyes.

And I'd also be disappointed if the convent's opinion of CW has been swayed injustly.

I like to make our events as assessable as possible to persons of all ages, socio-economic backgrounds and creeds to attend our events. Hence why last year it was a $7.50 for all events that day, including a free Two-tier at the beginning of each monthly.

I had a dream​
:(

You can't expect somebody to lend you their bow if you don't give them your axe. Looks like somebody somewhere didn't help a brother out.

Gandalf would frown at this turn of events.

I lol'd. But mostly I agree. <3

if you think X wouldve dogged you guys, youre all wrong. he's better than that. way better than that.

im pretty sure they just dont like us there. gamers dont really fit in with the surrounding atmosphere, and they might be afraid it is hurting their image. or something stupid like that. the way they expressed their initail concerns and reasons for denying us the usage of the venue fortifies this idea further. if we're paying, what is it if they have to vacuum clean the room afterwards? everything is always put away, not garbage is left behind, so its not like we do anything wrong at all. they just dont like us.

its just when jesse decided to speak to them face to face, they couldnt bring themselves to spout the same crap as they could in an email. if representatives from CW were willing to go have a chat to them, im pretty sure theyd let you kids use the venue also.

On the contra my friend.

She told me happily that our group brought something different to the convent, youth mainly. She said 'although we don't bring a lot of revenue' we bring with us ... spirit? Judging by what she said the $110 is real small money for them, they almost do it out of charity (that's at least the vibe I was getting). She also mentioned they only have one attendant most of the time on weekends thus moving all the tables for three different gaming functions, which require them, a month is quite a hefty task for one person. I immediately told her we could do it ourselves, which she seemed happy with.

When Conner was denied in the email I think she was considering the apparent and alleged mess made the CW crew, and not any associations with Jei and myself. She seemed like she has though about it.

I would really suggest CW appeals.

Anyways, aside from that ill be looking forward to the next tourney ^.^

YAY!

Shaya said:

The smash scene, no, the entire competitive gaming community should always be looking out for each other.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Everyone will be able to use the Convent!

That ends this discussion.

Wub.

Toby.

Smash Master
I don't know if this is necessary, but I just want to point out that I certainly wasn't trash talking X or ANYONE, at all.

It was just my way of saying that clearly at some point a mess was made, most likely because somebody was left all alone to do a couple people's work.

It wasn't anything directed at stigma or CW...just a general observation intended to highlight the final part of shaya's post.

<3 !

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
whats wrong with you all? we are talking about trash right? trash left in hired room, trashed room etc etc how is that not trash talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom