• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl + Fun - A Brawl+ Tournament, 5/2, Hempstead, NY VOTE FOR CODESET!

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
I think we should stick with 4.0
I mean, 4.26.09 codeset had a massive buff for Ness' PK Fire that can be used continuously to trap your opponent. That is a definite no-no and is not cool.

EDIT: Oh wait, my bad, that was removed quite a while ago...

GuruKid

Smash Ace
We really should have settled on the codeset a week prior to the tournament to give players enough time to test and adjust to the new changes.

I've hardly tested 4/26, and just heard of the newest codeset like 10 minutes ago.

If the newest codeset is that drastic of a change, then maybe it's best to ignore it.

Glick

Smash Lord
I vote on using that one, whatever change may be put in place to avoid something that's unfair. Maybe if we state the exact changes done we can evaluate whether its different enough to qualify for a tourny version change. If its not very different, I say just keep the version that everyone is comfortable with. I say bring a laptop with an SD card reader and the updated brawl+ code set to the tourny incase somebody brings a version we aren't using.

Revven

FrankerZ
I say bring a laptop with an SD card reader and the updated brawl+ code set to the tourny incase somebody brings a version we aren't using.
Well actually, all that needs to happen is the TO just needs the most updated version and he can just load his SD Card on all the setups there.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
The thing is people getting in practice time in for it. Of course if a high amount of people demand it, then we will change codesets. And of course there will be a laptop down there.

shanus

Smash Hero
The changes arent that huge and don't really overwrite any utility. There will be a couple polishing updated between today and tomorrow, though. It'll just be to get things just so. I recommend you use that set as it should have just about every balance change we wished to put in the game. (just about, still have a few things to fix obviously)

Veril

Frame Savant
This is awesome. I look forward to showing you all what Jiggs can do now :)

I'll bring a TV. I'd bring a wii but it broke :(

Count me in.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
Hmm I think we will end up needing to vote at the tourny which kind of sucks I must admit...

Unless we can get a better consensus.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
This is awesome. I look forward to showing you all what Jiggs can do now :)

I'll bring a TV. I'd bring a wii but it broke :(

Count me in.
jiggs ditto? :o
boring to watch, fun to do. ^_^
also, about the codeset, i dont care. im just here for the epic ****. i prefer the recent one though.

Tec0+9

Smash Apprentice
Lets use 4/26 codeset. That way I can **** you all with broken god tier Sonic, Falco, AND WOLF. MWUAHAHAHAAHA...:laugh:

Eaode

Smash Champion
the problem with Shanus' nightly builds is that they aren't official; they'll fill them with radical stuff for testing purposes and then change them back etc. so we should dig back slightly to one that's more stable. I don't know what that would be though.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
the problem with Shanus' nightly builds is that they aren't official; they'll fill them with radical stuff for testing purposes and then change them back etc. so we should dig back slightly to one that's more stable. I don't know what that would be though.
True that, but... do we really want to go back to a version like 4.0? :(

I've yet to confirm this myself (haven't had the time to extensively test them out myself), but the last couple builds have been a little more solid in terms of overall balance. I'd go with Shanus' suggestion.

AND....we should have LIVESTREAM!
Good stuff! This'll get the game more exposure.

And... where the MMs at? I'll be taking 1 - 3 dollar MMs; I use Pogeyman Trainer.

shanus

Smash Hero
You all should just roll with the 4-29 nightly build set since it should feel quite solid to everyone:

http://shanemulliganphotography.blogsite.org:6111/~shane/SmashCodes/4-29-2009/

The 5-1-2009 adds some very cool features to it (i.e. lucario doesnt go into special fall after upB, ike no special fall from side B, etc). Its very awesome and has a bit more balancing stuff, but I figured if you were aiming for something which people have had more practice with, roll with 4-29. If you want 5-1-2009 due to its sheer awesomeness, download it here (read the disclaimer, new method to load codes):

http://web.me.com/shane_mulligan/Brawl+_Nightly_Builds/Welcome.html

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
You all should just roll with the 4-29 nightly build set since it should feel quite solid to everyone:

The 5-1-2009 adds some very cool features to it (i.e. lucario doesnt go into special fall after upB, ike no special fall from side B, etc). Its very awesome and has a bit more balancing stuff, but I figured if you were aiming for something which people have had more practice with, roll with 4-29. If you want 5-1-2009 due to its sheer awesomeness, download it here (read the disclaimer, new method to load codes):

This 5/1 build is very different, I think it'll be less likely to be picked, but we'll see the consensus.

Also, if we use the GCT loader method, do we need Gecko 1.9?

GuruKid

Smash Ace
I personally prefer 4/29, as it's more familiar territory. I'd be alright to give 5/1 a shot, granted everyone gets enough time during registration for friendlies to become more familiar with the changes.

If it comes to it, we'll just have an "election" at the tournament itself.

just asking / confirming. im gonna assume its better 4 us 2 get off at hemstead rather than mineola yes? :o lol since me and a few NYers need some1 2 pick us up we wanna make it the easiest fastest way 4 them lol
From what hopstop and googlemaps show, the Hempstead stop is closer to Hofstra. If peeps do end up giving us rides than yeah... it's the least we can do.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
I SHOULD have a team ready if they don't bail on me. About 2-3 different cards.

Yes, Hempstead is the closer station.

And what probably will happen is that we'll take a vote there at the tournament. Go very loud voice to get attention!

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
So who from NYC is getting a ride? I can make it to hempstead

lucario = infinite up b then? wtf?

Eaode

Smash Champion
I'd say roll with 4-29 then. It's be weird to just pull a new codeset with these (awesomely) radical changes out a day before the tourney.

I'm rollin' with loud voice I guess.

Oh yeah Khanti I'll call you tomorrow when I get out of my test. We're not allowed to have phones and bags and stuff but Imma lock my bag and leave it somewhere, unless you could drive me back to my house to pick it up before we head out again (which seems like a much better idea.)

tell me what you think. I'll be on AIM.

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
Sweet, I'll be looking forward to tomorrow guys.
Hopefully there will be a ride for me at the Mineola train station or else i'll be a sad panda.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Hyyyyyyped for this. Can't wait.

Wanted to bring this up, even though it's a bit late: is Mansion legal in doubles since it has that spawn glitch for PT (maybe some other characters too, not quite sure). And if it is, can a rule be created that will help users of said characters in this stage (I'm thinking a sort of "restart until the characters are able to spawn normally" kind of rule).

Lord Khanti

Smash Journeyman
ok all u NYC'ers make sure u kno how 2 get into contact with DaiAndOh for rides from the train stations

Also If u need 2 contact IM me, my info should be in my contact info on my profile.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i can't come to this b/c of school work, but i hope u have more during the summer i have just recently started playing brawl plus and i really want to go to a tourny for it

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
good **** everyone. grats to the people I beat in singles who advanced anyway because I didn't feel like playing :)

Top Bottom