• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl + Fun - A Brawl+ Tournament, 5/2, Hempstead, NY VOTE FOR CODESET!

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
Incase you could not tell from the title, this tournament is Brawl+ ONLY!

I: Introduction
II:Location/Time
III: Fees/Prizes
IV: Rules
V: Attendance/Setup List
VI: FAQ

I: Introduction
Having found Brawl+, preferring the faster, more offensive Smash games, I quickly fell in love after playing a few times. I felt a need to want to contribute to the project, and figured since I'll be running Blazblue tournaments starting in the Fall, to add a 2nd game to my T.O. status. And FYI, I got permission from Chibo to run this tourny despite his upcoming one (can't go to that one).

II: Location/Time
The Hofstra University Game room.
The Game Room is located to the left and down the stairs from the main entrance to the Student Center. If you have trouble finding it, you can call myself, Khanti, Godot, Knightmare, or Malcolm. If you have doubts before hand, PM me for my phone number.

Driving: Google/mapquest. Hofstra is in Nassau county if prompted.

Train: Local stations on the LIRR include Hempstead and Mineola. If you plan to get in this way, get my number, so I can get you a ride from the station to Hofstra. If you are lucky, there may be a free blue school bus to Hofstra from Mineola, though they may ask for Hofstra ID.

The tournament registration will start at 12 PM. Doubles will start at 1 PM. Singles will start when doubles is mostly done and there are a good amount of setups.

III:Fees and Prizes
Singles: $10
Doubles: $10 per person
Venue Fee: $5

Venue fee discounts:
If you bring a TV and Brawl+ enabled wii, NO VENUE FEE.
If you bring a TV, $1 venue fee.
If you bring a Brawl+ enabled Wii, $2 venue fee.
If you bring a Wii, $3 venue fee.

Prizes will be 60/30/10 for singles and teams. If it turns into a large tournament, I can probably extend prizes for up to 5th.

IV: Rules
Right now we are voting for a codeset. You can go between versions 4.1 4/26-5/1 (should there be a 5/1 set..) Get them here: http://web.me.com/shane_mulligan/Brawl+_Nightly_Builds/Welcome.html

The format will be a double elimination bracket done on Tio.

SINGLES

* 4 Stocks
* 8 Minute Time Limit
* No Items
* If you need to add your name to change your controls, please remember to do so, and do it quickly. You can not quit in the middle of a match if you realize your controls are wrong.
* First round consists of all characters being chosen by a blind pick. The first stage will then be determined by a stage strike method. Players take turn striking out neutral stages until only one stage remains, which is the stage that is played. After the first match is over, each player bans one stage that can not be used in counterpicks.
* Match two/three will first consist of the previous loser picking a stage, then the previous winner picking their character, and finally the previous loser picking their character.
* You may not counterpick a stage you have already won on earlier that set.
* Neutral Stages (stages changed due to Brawl+ will be CAPS):
o Final Destination
o Battlefield
o Smashville
o Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
o Lylat Cruise
o POKEMON STADIUM 2
o LUIGI'S MANSION
* Counterpick Stages:
o WARIO WARE
o Delfino Plaza
o Frigate Orpheon
o Battleship Halberd
o Castle Siege
o Jungle Japes
o Corneria
o Rainbow Cruise
o Brinstar
o Pokemon Stadium
* If there is a dispute over controller ports, play Rock Paper Scissors for it (best 2 out of 3, no items, FD only).
* Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock)
o If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf's over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
o If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD and falling off the stage and the game counts it as a tie, the player who initiated the swallow move wins. If the player who was swallowed is shown as winning the match (in the instance the broke out right before they died which some people might not notice), then they win.
* GOTM's Rule Double Modified: King Dedede infinite chain grabbing isn't in this game, but if it was, it would be allowed, and greatly encouraged to be used as much as possible on Inui. lol.

DOUBLES

* Same standard rules and stages as singles.
* Chibo's Color-Blind Rule: If a player on a team is using a character that might make it tough to determine the teams color (like Sonic, Lucario, or Pokemon Trainer), either team is allowed to request control of a certain color (for themselves or their opponent) to help lessen confusion. In a disagreement, go by rock paper scissors.
* There may be texture hacks on the wii's. Please be aware of this and check your colors during the character introductions. You can play without texture hacks by removing the SD card from the wii. If you do PLEASE PUT IT BACK AFTER THE MATCH.
* Stock sharing is allowed.
* Team Attack is on.

Shamelessly stolen and modified from Chibo's thread :laugh::laugh::laugh:

V: Attendance/Setup List

DaiAndOh - Brawl+ Wii.
Khanti - Brawl + Wii and TV
BUM!!! - Brawl+ Wii
Eaode - Brawl+ Wii
Toxicrow?
Skip2maloo?
Vanek Pi
Gurukid - Brawl+Wii
Jtails - Brawl+ Wii
ThirtyFour - Brawl+Wii and TV
Mrs. Saturn & Watch - Brawl + wii
Deff?
Iamthemovie?
Veril - TV
Some random newbie Blackanese! Everyone MM him!
Anti!
Glick?
Supersonic14 Brawl+wii and TV
Ninjalink!

Setup count:
7 TVs
9 Brawl+Wii
9 Total Wii

WE NEED MORE TVS!

VI: FAQ
Q. Why are you doing this?
A. To contribute to the Brawl+ community, to raise NY and East Coast Brawl+ awareness, to provide a good time, and to practice my TO skills.

Q. What is Brawl+?
A. Brawl+ is a modified version of Brawl, to add things such as a speed, balance, edgegame, and fun to Smash Bros. Brawl. For more info, check out the smash workshop under General Brawl Discussion.

Q. Why should I care?
A. As Chibosempai posted:
"To many, Brawl+ is the greatest thing to happen to the game since it came out over a year ago. Brawl+ takes everything competitive players have been discontent with, and changes it into a game more suited to competitive play by quickening gameplay, balancing characters, and changing various techniques. The days of exciting matches, skillful 0-death combos, and edge of your seat excitement are back."

Q. Can you setup my Wii to play Brawl+?
A. YES! If you bring your Wii and SD Card, we will install Brawl+ for you. We can only install it on Wii's with version firmware 3.4 or less.

Q. Texture hack?
A. Change the texture of characters, color, etc. General examples are Metal Sonic, Roy on Ike/Marth, Ridley Charizard, and Old Snake. Because these are not color correlated, check for them on teams. Once more, Smash Workshop for more details

Q. Vids?
A. With my gamebridge and Brawl+'s unlimited replay feature, high percent chance. I'll also look into livestream.

May add more...

Alright, hope to see everyone there! Post/PM/AIM with questions!

And if you come up with a better tournament name, credit and $1 off the venue fee!

BUM163

Smash Lord
i'm in there. brawl plus is soooooooooo much fun. i'm actually working with the guy to better the game. there is still some stuff that needs to be toned..... i have plans to bring back old school players and other communities altogether to make this one of the best fighters..... not this broken **** we got now.

Eaode

Smash Champion
Wow get HYPE hopefully this will have a decent tournout and we can get vids etc etc etc.

Put me down for a Wii and B+

10fillertextsomysignatureshowsuphoefully's

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
Wow get HYPE hopefully this will have a decent tournout and we can get vids etc etc etc.

Put me down for a Wii and B+

10fillertextsomysignatureshowsuphoefully's
Thanks for the signature!

And I'm sure there will be vids. I have a gamebridge, +unlimited replay feature of Brawl+...

GuruKid

Smash Ace
I fully support Brawl+ and tournaments like these. I'll do my best to make this!

Solo Squirtle = orgy.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
LOL Brawl will always be broken no matter what you guys do mwuahaha. Tell me if this works out for you guys lol.
Nothing's perfect.

But we can come close. And we can still try. And we can always change things. It gives us an edge over Nintendo in that if something screws up, we change it by the next day.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Just scheduled to have the day off work, so it's a definite for me. I really wanna make this and finally get to play some B+ in person.

I'll bring a Wii + Brawl if setups are needed.

Also, you may want to post this tournament on AiB to attract more peeps.

I can already tell doubles is gonna be MADDDDD fun. :psycho:

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
Just scheduled to have the day off work, so it's a definite for me. I really wanna make this and finally get to play some B+ in person.

I'll bring a Wii + Brawl if setups are needed.

Also, you may want to post this tournament on AiB to attract more peeps.

I can already tell doubles is gonna be MADDDDD fun. :psycho:
Oh yeah....I don't have one of those, don't really like that site....khaaaaaaannnntiiiiiiiiiii!!!

The Cape

Smash Master
Just have to say that I would be here if I wasnt stuck in GA.

As for Bum. I <3 you dude. Bring more people to our pimp game :)

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
if i can get a ride from the mineola train station and back i will 100% positively come to this.

Eaode

Smash Champion
DaiAndOh: Yeah I have Shanus' 4/7 version w/o the dsmash nerf and its great. Hopefully this set gets used in the tourney (or some later set w/o the dsmash nerf) if you need it go in the IRC

EDIT: Oh yeah Khanti you're driving me there right? Feebas all dai!

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
yea, i think we should have a set codeset for the tourney now. so we can practice on it etc.
The main problem with it being if things are found that are new or glitchy or a major mistake is made, and they update it....

Well then, how about the solution being the official code to be used a week before the tourny, but if a major balance/glitch change is made, to use that set?

Eaode

Smash Champion
Use Shanus's April 7 set as your backup.

Maybe they'll have beta 4.1 out by then but if not I'd at least want the backup to be fairly recent (ie. rob's dsmash isn't trash lol)

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
if anything, me and guru will head to this together. to make the deal sweeter (since he is bringing a wii) ill bring my wii as well as long as we can get a ride from the train station and back to the train station if it isnt too much trouble

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Well then, how about the solution being the official code to be used a week before the tourny, but if a major balance/glitch change is made, to use that set?
I'm liking that plan.

if anything, me and guru will head to this together. to make the deal sweeter (since he is bringing a wii) ill bring my wii as well as long as we can get a ride from the train station and back to the train station if it isnt too much trouble
A ride from and back to the station would be much appreciated. Muchas gracias in advance.

Can't wait for this shiz. This could use a banner or something for attracting more peeps.

Lord Khanti

Smash Journeyman
i been working on my skins for the tourny, rearranging them so they can fit teams and such, and working to get their character select portraits to come up on the character select screen. man this tournys gonna be mad fun, i cant wait : D

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
i been working on my skins for the tourny, rearranging them so they can fit teams and such, and working to get their character select portraits to come up on the character select screen. man this tournys gonna be mad fun, i cant wait : D
I want to play on your wii!

Jtails

Smash Lord
im coming to this and i can bring a wii with brawl+!!

and mm anybody
$2-$15

Top Bottom