• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Song Maker GUI v1.5! Bugfixes+Volume?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruel

Smash Cadet
WEll i did it i can nw convert my youtube mp3 in stereo but whit audacy but when im trying to convert is so long is that normal ?

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
The converter will not support mono mp3's, only stereo mp3's.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Mono support will be in 1.4, release late tonight or tomorrow.
I really don't like releasing so often, but I need people to actually test the new stuff :p

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Ok, quick question for the devs. When you give the GUI an mp3, does it need to be already converted to 32000hz, or can the song be in its native sample rate? I ask because I calculated the sample offset for looping (that way I don't HAVE to convert the sample rate anymore), but that's for 44100hz.

Basically, can I give the program a song in 44100hz and give it loop points calculated by me for that sample rate, or does the song HAVE to be converted to 32000hz?

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Umm, I've tried v1.3 and v1.2 and neither work. I double click the app BCSM-GUI and a window pops up saying: "BCSM-GUI has stopped working A problem caused the program to stop working correctly..."

So am I doing something wrong or what? I could just be an idiot, thats always a possibility.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Just a question, one you play a brstm in the library, how do you get it to stop? I wanted to test out a song (Boss Battle 2 from Chrono Trigger) to see how the looping sounded. It was perfect with your program. You couldn't even tell where the song cut off! Thing is, I couldn't get it to stop playing, haha. I just exited the program. Works like a charm!

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Ok, quick question for the devs. When you give the GUI an mp3, does it need to be already converted to 32000hz, or can the song be in its native sample rate? I ask because I calculated the sample offset for looping (that way I don't HAVE to convert the sample rate anymore), but that's for 44100hz.

Basically, can I give the program a song in 44100hz and give it loop points calculated by me for that sample rate, or does the song HAVE to be converted to 32000hz?
I don't think you need to change the sample rate. I've kept all my files in the same rate (44100 hz). I had the tester trouble shoot some of my problems, and he said my mp3 was fine (it was also @ 44100 hz). So you should be fine.

Umm, I've tried v1.3 and v1.2 and neither work. I double click the app BCSM-GUI and a window pops up saying: "BCSM-GUI has stopped working A problem caused the program to stop working correctly..."

So am I doing something wrong or what? I could just be an idiot, thats always a possibility.
Do you have .net Framework 3.5? From what I understand, the program won't run unless you have framework 3.5

Edit: S***! My first double post! D*** it!

Genosync

Smash Cadet
Are you going to add anything to increase the gain/volume/whatever on a track before the encoding process to brstm?

I constantly had to put some gain on my tracks with the other tool to make them a decent volume... should I just re-encode my mp3s first if this ends up being an issue, or is your tool taking care of that?

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Ok, quick question for the devs. When you give the GUI an mp3, does it need to be already converted to 32000hz, or can the song be in its native sample rate?
Native sample rate is fine, even for looping.

You need .Net Framework 3.5

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Native sample rate is fine, even for looping.

You need .Net Framework 3.5
Requires: .NET Framework 3.5 [ URL=http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=333325FD-AE52-4E35-B531-508D977D32A6&displaylang=en ]Download[ /URL ]

There's a download link if you want to update the OP.

MarioFan302

Smash Rookie
So, to get a song to play the beginning part, and then loop correctly without playing the beginning again, do you need to edit the mp3 itself? How do you go about setting loop points and such?

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
I love this program! It really saved me a lot of time for custom music. So far it's working perfectly. Props to creator.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Requires: .NET Framework 3.5 [ URL=http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=333325FD-AE52-4E35-B531-508D977D32A6&displaylang=en ]Download[ /URL ]

There's a download link if you want to update the OP.
Thanks, ill do that!

So, to get a song to play the beginning part, and then loop correctly without playing the beginning again, do you need to edit the mp3 itself? How do you go about setting loop points and such?
You need to use a tool like wavosaur or audacity to find the loop point #'s, then specify them when adding mp3's to the program

I love this program! It really saved me a lot of time for custom music. So far it's working perfectly. Props to creator.
Thanks, it makes me happy when people find it useful, I made it cuz I got fustrated at how many manual steps were initially required.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Mono support will be in 1.4, release late tonight or tomorrow.
I really don't like releasing so often, but I need people to actually test the new stuff :p
Great, im looking forward to support for other types of audio files :)

Oh, and it is good to release often, because we like that :)

Genosync

Smash Cadet
Are you going to add anything to increase the gain/volume/whatever on a track before the encoding process to brstm?

I constantly had to put some gain on my tracks with the other tool to make them a decent volume... should I just re-encode my mp3s first if this ends up being an issue, or is your tool taking care of that?
Can you let me know about this? I can't use the tool from work right now to actually test it, but I can set up all the tracks while I'm here... just don't want to end up wasting time when I get home if you can toss a quick answer at it.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Wow thanks guys, I'm really dumb. I saw the warning on the front page but I just assumed that I already had it on my computer.

Good to see you here Zac. Btw thanks a ton for getting me started on hacking, I'm still using the same SD card you gave me. (unfortunately it isn't compatible with bootmii lol) I bet you're super happy about being able to change out brstm's now, what with you being one of the revolutionists of music changing in brawl.

I'm probably going to spend the next few days making tons, and tons, of songs.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Yeah I know but it would have to be done for every one you want edited and it might have ramifications on other songs, so in short, even if it has been done, its still very complicated.
Yeah, I know it is, and I know that it would have to be done to every one.

But still, it is possible. However, that should be done later. Once the .brstm converter is finished, at least. Then Dantarion will worry about that.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Yeah, its a separate file but I can't wait till it works. I have Back in Black named on mine:

B in B

I'm pretty good with Hex though so anyone who finds a method or can use it, I can probably do it anyway so yeah, please tell me :)

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Anyways, I have it working fine, completely automated, but theres only one problem.
The File Replacement Code doesn't seem to work on mu_mainmenu.pac, so the edits don't show in My Music yet.

I currently changed all the songs to "Dantarion is pratically the coolest guy ever lol I am!" but the game froze when I took a screenshot. I believe there are a few places where I need to adjust offsets to make up for that part of the file being bigger.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Anyways, I have it working fine, completely automated, but theres only one problem.
The File Replacement Code doesn't seem to work on mu_mainmenu.pac, so the edits don't show in My Music yet.

I currently changed all the songs to "Dantarion is pratically the coolest guy ever lol I am!" but the game froze when I took a screenshot. I believe there are a few places where I need to adjust offsets to make up for that part of the file being bigger.
Tell me HOW!!!!!!!

And I use ISO hacking so I don't give a **** if it works with File Replacement lol.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
for some reason when I try to run BCSM-GUI.exe, it says this:

"BCSM-GUI has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconveniene. If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost."

can anyone help?

Genosync

Smash Cadet
for some reason when I try to run BCSM-GUI.exe, it says this:

"BCSM-GUI has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconveniene. If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost."

can anyone help?

Requires: .NET Framework 3.5 Download

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
I'm pretty sure I already had .NET Framework 3.5 downloaded.

can Norton360 antivirus be the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom