• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Song Maker GUI v1.5! Bugfixes+Volume?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I keep getting "ERROR: Cannot open tmp/C12R.dsp for reading!"
Are you using the latest version?
Do you get the error with EVERY mp3 file?
Can you upload the mp3 someplace for me to test it?

I don't care about your brawl manga.

Also, great tool. I use it now.
But if only you could merge the ALSTT and the BCSM-GUI together into one program.
Thanks for the compliment, and thats on the list for the next version.

DiZmY??

Smash Cadet
The program wont open!! O_O I clicked on the link and clicked download...nothing happened -_- what am i doing wrong

GameDragon

Smash Cadet
Are you using the latest version?
Do you get the error with EVERY mp3 file?
Can you upload the mp3 someplace for me to test it?
I've had the same problems with all versions, but it was never logged until v1.3. I was hoping v1.4 would fix it, but it hasn't. I get the same error with every MP3.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Has anyone gotten the "Export to songs.db" function to work for them? Every time I try to use it, it crashes the program, and when I copy the song list to the clipboard and paste it into songs.db, the game doesn't display the names properly.

EDIT: That's strange. When I use my computer at home, the export function crashes, but when I use the computer at work (lol), it works just fine. They both have the .net framework installed (latest version), only my home PC is XP and the work PC is Vista.

Roy-G-Biv

Smash Journeyman
Ok.
When I used audacity to do the looping points and all, I deleted all the information about the song.

Try that.

MarioFan302

Smash Rookie
Ok, I figured out doing the loop in wavosaur and specifying it in BCSM like you said, but it's really hard to get them to loop properly! =S Regardless, this program is awesome, well done!

Dantarion

Smash Champion
The program wont open!! O_O I clicked on the link and clicked download...nothing happened -_- what am i doing wrong
I really don't know. Are you saying you are having trouble DOWNLOADING the program? Are you having trouble unzipping it? Are you saying it crashes when you start it up? You might net .net framework 3.5 if its the latter

That's strange. When I use my computer at home, the export function crashes, but when I use the computer at work (lol), it works just fine. They both have the .net framework installed (latest version), only my home PC is XP and the work PC is Vista.
Thats interesting indeed. Also, the export to clipboard and song.db are two COMPLETELY different formats.

Ok.
When I used audacity to do the looping points and all, I deleted all the information about the song.

Try that.
If this indeed works then send me the offending mp3, the code I have to parse ID3 tags must be failing yet again.

Ok, I figured out doing the loop in wavosaur and specifying it in BCSM like you said, but it's really hard to get them to loop properly! =S Regardless, this program is awesome, well done!
Thanks!

GameDragon

Smash Cadet
Maybe I should post the entire log. Hopefully that'll help figure the problem.

Code:
Processing Chun-Nan Day.mp3

C:\Brawl Music>tools\revb --extract tools/C12.brstm tmp/C12L.dsp tmp/C12R.dsp 

C:\Brawl Music>tools\dspadpcm -d tmp/C12L.dsp tmp/l.wav -ctmp/l.txt 

DSPADPCM v2.3 - DSP-ADPCM encoder
Copyright 2001 Nintendo. All rights reserved.

ERROR: Cannot open tmp/C12L.dsp for reading!

C:\Brawl Music>tools\dspadpcm -d tmp/C12R.dsp tmp/r.wav -ctmp/r.txt 

DSPADPCM v2.3 - DSP-ADPCM encoder
Copyright 2001 Nintendo. All rights reserved.

ERROR: Cannot open tmp/C12R.dsp for reading!

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Epic updates Dantarion! Thanks! This program runs perfectly!

Again, the only features I'm really looking forward too at this point is a stop button, auto naming 'unknown' to the filename, and perhaps the in game text feature. :D

Thanks man!

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
The latter's already in 1.4 I think, Orca

One thing I'm noticing though: Looks like the GUI isn't deleting "rstm" after creating a BRSTM ;)

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
The decompiling (or recompiling?) process leaves behind a stray "rstm" file in the root instead of in /tmp...though this is kinda minor and I don't care if it's there because it gets overwritten in the next song anyway lol

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Dantarion, it works great! STILL there is a couple problems that I have with it.

#1: A stop button for the "Play" feature
#2: When a song is done playing (with the "Play" feature), move on to the next song in the list. If there isn't another song, move on to the first song. If there is only one song, replay it.
#3: In the "SD/Folder" option, create the

Dantarion

Smash Champion
The decompiling (or recompiling?) process leaves behind a stray "rstm" file in the root instead of in /tmp...though this is kinda minor and I don't care if it's there because it gets overwritten in the next song anyway lol
Thats not supposed to happen...are you sure?

#2: When a song is done playing (with the "Play" feature), move on to the next song in the list. If there isn't another song, move on to the first song. If there is only one song, replay it.
#1 I will do, #2 I will not do, #3....you didn't finish writing?

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Dantarion, it works great! STILL there is a couple problems that I have with it.

sorry, ill finish it now.

#3: In the "SD/Folder" option, let us be able to edit the name of the song that is actually playing (NOT the name that hows which song is being replaced, the actual song name). (let us edit the display name). IF possible, have it automatically there, and let us edit the name if we want)

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I can do that...I need to recode the library so it can turn hashes of files on the SD into saved songdata..
Otherwise changes would be lost on exit

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
I can do that...I need to recode the library so it can turn hashes of files on the SD into saved songdata..
Otherwise changes would be lost on exit
and it also is lost when we update -.-
but #3 is probably the most important, please get that done ASAP. im sure other people would like it too. thanks a bunch :)

ALSO

#4: Get the any length song titles working in the program (most likely in a later release, not the next one)

and tsunami, read my earlier post after that. i finished the sentence.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
question: how do we view the loop start and endpoints once we made a brstm, or is that not a feature. Also, what does the rehash option do? Sorry, I don't know what that means, just curious.
There was a bug in the program where hashes stored in the programs library didn't match the files. As a result, said songs always appeared yellow, and once copied to SD, the program wouldn't know where the file came from. It shouldn't happen anymore, but I left the feature in, just in case someone modifies a brstm already in the library.

P.S
Thanks for reminding me, I have to add in the loop column information.
(The program already reads it, it just doesn't show it :p)

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Thats not supposed to happen...are you sure?
Re-downloaded the program and apparently it stopped...weird. I know that the recompiling process backs up the raw data into "rstm" I think and leaves it... (that's what happens in my program, before that & the other files are deleted)

Dantarion

Smash Champion
So is the volume issue now fixed...? :D
Nope, I got sidetracked with custom titles and haven't taken a stab at it yet.

Re-downloaded the program and apparently it stopped./quote]

All files should be in the tmp dir during processing, and the tmp folder is wiped out, even if the conversion fails. Well, if the program crashes...then it won't happen.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Not on my console, they didn't. I used the GUI to encode a new victory theme for Mario and crew, and when I won with him, the victory theme kept playing over and over.
Uncheck the "Loop" checkbox when converting from MP3 to BRSTM.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
if you manually copy your .brstms from your SD card into your library folder then try to load up the custom song maker, then if you have the same song used twice the program will crash because the 2 songs use the same hash or w/e.

this should be fixed

BadGuy

Smash Journeyman
Is there a limit on how many songs I can put in? After I added a couple more, the program doesn't seem to open anymore, and it fails to load up my song list in my sd card. Help!

xicsrh

Smash Cadet
Nope, I got sidetracked with custom titles and haven't taken a stab at it yet.
Any idea how long until it gets included? I'm holding off on downloading until it does, but if it's not for a while, I'm going to do it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom