• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Song Maker GUI v1.5! Bugfixes+Volume?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiro1786

Smash Rookie
Could you add automatic looping? So we don't have to find the loop beginning number and etc?

BadGuy

Smash Journeyman
Okay, it can still load up, but now it takes 5 dreading minutes to load up. I don't understand what' going on.
I only have 37 songs.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Nice job figuring out the extra brstm with Yoshi's Island's Obstacle Course. Too bad the song still starts over whenever the stage transforms.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Okay, it can still load up, but now it takes 5 dreading minutes to load up. I don't understand what' going on.
I only have 37 songs.
Theres some kinda bug where sometimes it rehashes all the files on the SD.

Nice job figuring out the extra brstm with Yoshi's Island's Obstacle Course. Too bad the song still starts over whenever the stage transforms.
Did you replace both Obstacle Course brstms with the same file?

Dantarion, I made a video tutorial (IN DETAIL) of the 1.4 version, could you put it in the OP?

here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlFWPZPOXp8
First 3minutes of the video and the program hasn't even been opened yet?
No offense, but im going to make my own vid of 1.4, or ill make one of 1.5 when I release it

MURDR

Smash Rookie
hey im lost,
i watched the tutorials but,
how do i load it to cheat code manager, and wat about the phantom wings code,
u dont explain that,

i have the songs saved for wen i start the song maker, but how do i load the cheat

Dantarion

Smash Champion
A video of how to get codes loaded into GeckoOS is beyond the scope of what im trying to do here.

If you don't know how to load GeckoOS codes, go learn how to do that, then come back here.

hcs

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'm the author of the revb tool, just ran across your interesting program today. I noticed that you're using a somewhat out of date version of the tool, the newer version (0.4) is here: http://hcs64.com/vgm_ripping.html
I don't think it has any changes that actually affect SSBB, just thought you might be interested. If nothing else it now includes a readme which might be instructive.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
HEY!
Just the man I wanted to hear from!
Thanks for the tool, without it we would be lost!
The only thing I want to do is read progress from revb, right now my program just freezes the progress bar, is that something that exists?
Right now I think revB has silent output, or maybe I am just reading the output from C# wrong.
EDIT:Just realized that revB isn't the slow part in the process, disreguard this.

MURDR

Smash Rookie
thank you,
but now i cant get rid of my old songs,
i used an old song swaper a wile back so i can change the songs withs songs from the game,
i didnt mess with the menu songs they stayed the same

so wen i load the codes, and start gecko only the menu songs comeout, the stage songs stay the same,

wat can i do,

Dantarion

Smash Champion
If you used a song swapper, you can replaced the songs you switched.
For example, I had Snake Eater replace my 4th menu song a long time ago. I now replaced snake eater with the music I want to hear on the menu.

If you want to reset your my music screen for good, find the thread on smashboards with the music swapper program, and use the Original_Songs.txt file it produces to reset your music.

P.S.
Work on 2.0 has begun.
Yes, 2.0.
The codebase has been trampled by the fact that I coded this as fast as possible
There may be one or two more 1.x releases, but I am hoping that 2.0 will be free from all the architectural problems I am having with 1.x. Also, I want to learn how to use WPF

stingers

Smash Obsessed
if you manually copy your .brstms from your SD card into your library folder then try to load up the custom song maker, then if you have the same song used twice the program will crash because the 2 songs use the same hash or w/e.

this should be fixed
10responsepleases

BadGuy

Smash Journeyman
Theres some kinda bug where sometimes it rehashes all the files on the SD.
Sometimes? It does it every time. It's become really inconvenient to load up my sd card now. Can this be fixed please?

Eggman

Smash Apprentice
Great tool bud! This makes music hacking a whole lot easier. I have suggestions for future releases, but most of them have been said already. I will say though I would really appreciate the ability to change the display name after the song has been put on the SD card (I know that it just takes the artist and title, but I don't really like having the artist in the song title). Other than that, thank you SO much for this. Looking forward to the next release!

xicsrh

Smash Cadet
I'm guessing you missed my question as few pages back. Do you know how long until the volume issue gets fixed?

Hylatio

Smash Rookie
Wow, thank you for this program- it's so easy to make .brstms now! I guess the only other thing I'd want from this is an option to adjust the volume- some of the songs come out a little quiet (you've probably heard this already by now).

Also, I guess this thread is as good a place as any to ask this- is there any possibility of having custom music in other Wii games, or is this going to be a Brawl-only thing?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Great program! I just have one question. Is it random for my smash to freeze up? I went into group battle and played with a friend fine, but when I went into training mode, it freezed before it even got to the character select =/

DrV

Smash Rookie
Im having a problem here...

Doesn't matter which mp3 or other audio file I use, It always gets stuck at
"Decoding Left Channel"...

I don't understand what's wrong...

Ichi.

Smash Rookie

I have the same problem, and my friend too :/

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I have the same problem, and my friend too :/

I have no clue what the bug is, since there is no error or anything, and I dont have a way to attempt to fix it. Contact me on AIM and i can send someone builds until it just works all of a sudden i guess

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm not having any problems with this at all. I replaced a bunch of songs with no hassle. Yeah, the songs are a little quiet, but then I just adjust the music/sound slider to even things out and turn up the TV. You can't tell the difference.

FSLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FSLink
I have no clue what the bug is, since there is no error or anything, and I dont have a way to attempt to fix it. Contact me on AIM and i can send someone builds until it just works all of a sudden i guess
I have gotten it personally several times when my C Drive is almost out of space. Freeing up space fixed it for me...Which is weird since you mentioned that the temp files are in well..."temp".

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I'm getting a serious bug in my IDE where any attempt to change how the library information is stored is making it refuse to compile :(

Fix'D the bug, now, if only my entire brstm library wasn't deleted.
Oh wait, its on my SD card...
Oh no, that means all the artist/title information is gone..
Hm...incoming "import songs.db" feature :p
I'm also gonna get rid of the artist/title information, because the display name is the only thing that matters. Display name will still default to Artist/Title, but you will be able to change it with ease.

EDIT
1.5 is going to be a major change in the way the program stores information.
When it does come out, I recomend making a backup of your library directory in case 1.5 EATS IT.

1.5 works a bit different in dealing with Display Names.
First, the program loads library.xml, and gets all the data it can from there.
Then, the program loads songs.db(Which is now created on exit) and fills in all the info it can from there, and overrides information in library.xml.
If 1.5 finds filenames in your library that are identical to the ones of the SD card, it will rename them based on songs.db.

This allows you to copy all your files off your sd, put a songs.db in the program folder, and have all your brstms on your computer renamed to match!

Eldiran

Smash Lord
EXCELLENT. This works beautifully. At first it would not function properly for me because I extracted it by selecting the files shown in the zip and hitting extract those shown specifically. That left out a couple of apparently essential folders. Now I'm listening to my new Gurren Lagann-themed menu music :D.

Thanks!

EDIT: One thing you should add is a "Stop" button. I can't see a way to stop playing music once I've started... :p

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
DANTARION: I need to edit the songs.txt for the 1.5 release. DONT RELEASE IT YET! I HAVE TO MAKE IT PERFECT, THERE ARE SOME ADDRESSES THAT DO NOTHING WHATSOEVER. I MUST DO IT! please don't release it until you replace the songs.txt that i will have done in lik 5 min.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Theres also some missing songs, like Cruel Brawl
Also, for the SSE songs that have identical names in the songs.txt file, I didn't notice, and it messed up the exporting of songs.db for a few of the last musics.

That bug is fixed in 1.5.
Also, theres a stop button.

Also, I have decided what 2.0 is gonna be.
Its gonna manage music, AND textures :p

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Theres also some missing songs, like Cruel Brawl
Also, for the SSE songs that have identical names in the songs.txt file, I didn't notice, and it messed up the exporting of songs.db for a few of the last musics.

That bug is fixed in 1.5.
Also, theres a stop button.

Also, I have decided what 2.0 is gonna be.
Its gonna manage music, AND textures :p
Wanna get married?

lol

alright, so yea, i noticed some things that just won't work. I will fix those things right now. it should be ready in like 15 minutes, or something.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
No rush, I still need to clean up 1.5
Due to the changes, I want to make sure it doesn't just EAT everyones files.
Now that I think about it, the only time my program tries to delete anything is in the tmp folder, and then you select things and hit delete.

I'm worried about library data, but having to retype 40 display names isn't bad, especially when you can play them inside the program.

Oh yeah, you can edit the names on either side and it updates both.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
No rush, I still need to clean up 1.5
Due to the changes, I want to make sure it doesn't just EAT everyones files.
Now that I think about it, the only time my program tries to delete anything is in the tmp folder, and then you select things and hit delete.

I'm worried about library data, but having to retype 40 display names isn't bad, especially when you can play them inside the program.

Oh yeah, you can edit the names on either side and it updates both.
that sounds excellent :)

Oh, and I am having a bit of trouble finding the cpded value for the Cruel Brawl music. i have looked everywhere -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom