• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Song Maker GUI v1.5! Bugfixes+Volume?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
The full path I have is:
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\SSBB Hacks\Music Hacks\GUI Song Maker v1.2

Edit: .net framework 3.5 came with Vista's service Pack 1, but I redownloaded it, and tried to install it again anyway. I don't know if that has anything to do with t, but I might as well put it out there.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Hm..im not sure whats causing the problem.
Whenever I release 1.3 it will have a log feature so that you can see where its having trouble.
If the program runs at all you don't need to worry about having the right .net framework, it won't run at all without it.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
This is my first time writing a big app in C#, and also my first time writing an app that depends on capturing the output from command-line applications. I ran into a LOT of problems because of file and path names, and I think this problem has to do with one of the command-line apps erroring out.

P.S. What OS are you on?
I'm on XP, and have no way to test on Vista.

EDIT: Did some more work
Added a progress bar on startup. I am now at 40 songs, and a 30 second startup with the program.
I either need to add a file to the SD card that stores the hashes, and add a "Force Rescan" button, or startup times are just gonna be bad.

Looping/Non looping now works.
The add dialog has been modified with 3 columns that allow you to specify if you want the song to loop or not, the loop sample start, and loop sample end

Underload

Lazy
I'm having the exact same problem, and I'm on Vista.

I hope that's not the problem, because if it is, I'll punch a baby.

Or, move all the files to a different computer that runs on XP, convert it there, then throw it back in to this one.

FireC

Smash Cadet
Haha, punch a baby... Yea, but I'm on Vista too... Oh god no. WHY? D*** you Vista!
Trust me, it's not vista, I am using XP and this happened. What I did to fix this was... I put the MP3 files into the same folder as the program is in, see if that works. ;)

Edit: WTF?!? I tried exporting a mono .mp3 using this method and it closed on me, whatever the cause of this is... it is a very weird one...

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Trust me, it's not vista, I am using XP and this happened. What I did to fix this was... I put the MP3 files into the same folder as the program is in, see if that works. ;)

Edit: WTF?!? I tried exporting a mono .mp3 using this method and it closed on me, whatever the cause of this is... it is a very weird one...
Holy s***, that actually worked! I don't know why, but I copied the MP3 into the same folder and it worked! Thanks a lot! Dantarion, this problem is fixed. I have no clue if file location can effect string line codes, but I verified FireC's advice.

Thanks to both of you :D

FireC

Smash Cadet
Be careful with aTube catcher .mp3s though, sadly this program dosen't seem to like them.

FireC

Smash Cadet
Ohhhh.... no wonder, aTube catcher exports the .mp3s in mono format.

FireC

Smash Cadet
Music Attempt 1 (FAILED): C:\Documents and Settings\(MY NAME)\Desktop
Music Attempt 2 (SUCCESS): C:\Documents and Settings\(MY NAME)\Desktop\customsongmaker (Yes, I just deleted the old files and put the new ones in this folder)

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
I'll also post my path =
Music Attempt 1 (Failed):
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Stuff\Music\VG\Blazblue Calamity Trigger OST
Music Attempt 2 (Success):

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Music Attempt 1 (FAILED): C:\Documents and Settings\(MY NAME)\Desktop
Music Attempt 2 (SUCCESS): C:\Documents and Settings\(MY NAME)\Desktop\customsongmaker (Yes, I just deleted the old files and put the new ones in this folder)
I'll also post my path =
Music Attempt 1 (Failed):
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Stuff\Music\VG\Blazblue Calamity Trigger OST
Music Attempt 2 (Success):
Hm....
As a easy fix, ill just have the program copy the mp3 to the tmp directory before starting processing XD

@Person having trouble.
Install .Net Framework 3.5

nevershootme

Smash Master
currently i'm seeing a small problem with the music conversion. after the songs are converted and exported to SD card... when playing it in game, the audio quality is low (like nonexistent in hearing the song while playing). Is there any way u can fix the conversion to raise the gain by 6 or 9 in order for the audio to be hearable?

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Hm...I just recently began having the same problem with a few of my files.
I would just change my normalization method, but I want to make sure that my program can regenerate all of the brstms(It actually stores the filename and path of the mp3 you used) before I do that.

Also, I got rid of the rehashing of all files on sd on startup.
Startup time of 30 seconds is now about 3 seconds.

Previously, I was rehashing all the files on the SD each time to make sure they hadn't changed.
Now I am using the "Last Modified" data to see if anything changed, THEN I rehash later.

hiROI

Smash Lord
It says to click the root, and i choose the root. Then it says "Would you like us to make the files for you". And nothing happens. help?

Nintendo Maniac 64

Smash Apprentice
Um... does this HAVE to use MP3s? MP3s by nature don't support gapless playback, making them bad for looping... Could it also support something like just plain old WAV or a lossy format like OGG vorbis that does support gapless playback?

Dantarion

Smash Champion
When that window popped up, what did you choose?
Heres a quick howto...
1. Click Add to bring up the Add MP3 dialog.
2. Drag and drop mp3's in, or use the programs file browser.
3. Click Convert to BRSTM and wait.
4. Click Select SD folder, and select the root of your SD card.
5. If prompted, click to allow the program to create the folder structure.
6. Click a song in your library to select it, then click "To SD"
7. Choose a category and song that you want to replace with your selected song.
8. Hit Replace.

hiROI

Smash Lord
I did everything. But when I got to step 5, I allowed it. I then clicked a song from my library, but the "To SD" tab is disabled and won't let me click on it.

EDIT: Never Mind it works xD I forgot to select the root again. Thanks

&&&

iloveyou for this

Dantarion

Smash Champion
@hiROI
Thanks for the support! I do this stuff for the lulz, for the learning, and for people like you!

Um... does this HAVE to use MP3s?
Well, I will eventually add support for other formats, technically, I can easily support any format that SoX can read, so... http://sox.sourceforge.net/Docs/Features

I also need to finish coding things for mono audio files.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Loop Support. You have to find the sample numbers outside of BCSM-GUI, but you can input the sample numbers when adding files to your brstm library
Kinda surprised you don't use my "length.exe" program to parse length.txt and get the # of samples from that =o

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I just use SoX for that.
It can find the total amount of samples, previously all songs looped by default from sample 0-end, I just meant that there is no way to actually find the loop points inside the app.

EDIT
1.3 Release!

Things to look forward to in 1.4
- Ogg/Wav/Mono Support
- SD to Library
- Custom Song Title Code Generator(maybe)

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Ah, I see. So everything's still automatic?

Too bad we can't do song titles that are longer than the original :)

shadowofchaos725

Smash Apprentice
O_O Loop Support!!! YESZ!!

Btw, I'm still working on codes for at least two stages a day for titles... That is if you are planning to implement that...

Thank you!!!

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I will implement it when you finish the codes.
I'm just sorta wondering, what is the reasoning behind not being able to increase the filesize of the file containing the song titles?

I understand that the way youre doing it, you are limited to what the game has already allocated for each title, but it seems like the file replacement method would allow for bigger names...

shadowofchaos725

Smash Apprentice
Nope... the file replacement way that Kitty Corp does doesn't allow that either...

Well, all we can do is wait... someone will figure it out :)

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Wasn't Volume supposed to be normalized between songs or something?

My "I'll Make a Man Out of You" is way quieter then everything else :(

shadowofchaos725

Smash Apprentice
Awesomeness... the song I wanted to do sounds smooth now with custom looping :)

However though, I have a question...

Why does it HAVE to be divisible by 14336 samples on the loop point?

And I did the codes for Norfair, Frigate Orpheon, Yoshi's Island, and the Halberd... I'm going to sleep now ._.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Wasn't Volume supposed to be normalized between songs or something?

My "I'll Make a Man Out of You" is way quieter then everything else :(
Yeah, I need to fix this.
My current method isn't working.
The problem is, if I change the method, people would have to re-convert all their songs to see results.
I am going to add a "Generated by version" tag to the library, so then whenever I get around to it, the program can ask you "Stuff has changed in version 1.X, do you want to regenerate your library?" and then the program will redo all of the brstms from the source mp3(if its still in the same location) and then copy the updated versions to SD(if your sd card is there).

I need to make the process as easy as possible.
I have 40+ songs now , and the thought of having to redo them isn't very fun :(

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Why does it HAVE to be divisible by 14336 samples on the loop point?
I found this when looking around.
Moosehunter said:
It wasn’t me who figured it out, I just relayed the information to everybody else.
But the explanation of why it’s 14336: The brstm drivers Nintendo put in the game are made only to be able to seek instantaneously to the boundry of a block which happens to be 14336
Oops, DP
EDIT
For fun I went and looked at my download stats.
I don't have stats for when the files were on megaupload, but heres what I do have.\

1.3 - 25 downloads (Its only been 7 hours)
1.2 - 123 downloads
1.1 - 7 downloads (1.2 was the latest version when I moved things to the blog site I think)
1.0 - 5 downloads....wtf?

Cruel

Smash Cadet
I need help i cant convert my mp3 is been like 5 hour danm help the and i dont know if my mp3 is mono
or stereo but datanrion help please !! Thx alot You are so cool
And wen im trying t convert using the 1.3 version its stuck like in the middle
Help !!

Underload

Lazy
The MP3s I downloaded from Youtube are all monos. So, I'm guessing this program doesn't work with monos?

That's dumb.

EDIT: I'm still having the problem I mentioned 2 pages ago. I downloaded 1.3, and here's the log on one of the MP3s I tried to convert.

Processing vidtomp3.com-12480408532000.mp3

C:\Users\Peter\Pictures>tools\revb --extract tools/C12.brstm tmp/C12L.dsp tmp/C12R.dsp

C:\Users\Peter\Pictures>tools\dspadpcm -d tmp/C12L.dsp tmp/l.wav -ctmp/l.txt

DSPADPCM v2.3 - DSP-ADPCM encoder
Copyright 2001 Nintendo. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Peter\Pictures>tools\dspadpcm -d tmp/C12R.dsp tmp/r.wav -ctmp/r.txt

Failed dumping right channel

C:\Users\Peter\Pictures>tools\DSPADPCM -e tmp/l.wav tmp/l.DSP -l0-4122577 -ctmp/newC12L.txt

C:\Users\Peter\Pictures>tools\DSPADPCM -e tmp/r.wav tmp/r.DSP -l0-4122577 -ctmp/newC12R.txt

ERROR: Cannot open tmp/r.wav for reading!

C:\Users\Peter\Pictures>tools\revb --build out.brstm tmp/l.dsp tmp/r.dsp

C:\Users\Peter\Pictures>del /Q tmp\*

Failed dumping right channel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom