• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
No one post here for almost 24 hours !? O_O

Good thing I'm the living C-C-C-Combo Breaker :laugh:

Just dropped by to say that the first disc of Megaman Battle and Chase is uploaded on Moosehunter's site :)

EDIT : Almost... Why does my loooong upload of a video on Youtube is messing the BRSTMs uploads ? Stop Combo Breaking me, Youtube :(

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Youtube Uploads take up bandwidth? Seriously, when someone uploads a video, our internet slows down like heck. So slow, that on a normally very fast connection, even the fastest of sites can get a "Connection timed out" error.

Also, I just had a thought about moosey's (can I call you that? Or maybe MH or FB?) converter, and after testing it, I was proven right (Yay to me?).
There are many major advantages over BCSM-GUI.
Here's 2 that really make a difference -- loop alignment. Automatically aligns loops to start at a multiple of 14336.
The other one (I'm not sure if anyone else has actually noticed), is that BCSM-GUI seems to mess with the stereophonicity (is that a word?). Basically, it seems that the song sounds a lot less stereo, and almost mono after using BSCM-GUI, or some times it sounds like it's louder one side, than it is the other in some areas. Moosey's converter, however, doesn't do this. I updated "Sword of Fury" using the converter (but using the same source which was a FLAC), and there's an obvious difference.

You know what this means, don't you? I'm going to use this from now on. The only downside... it's not easy to convert multiple files at once (with the drag-drop thing I like to do, but that's not a worry :p).

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Youtube Uploads take up bandwidth? Seriously, when someone uploads a video, our internet slows down like heck. So slow, that on a normally very fast connection, even the fastest of sites can get a "Connection timed out" error.

Also, I just had a thought about moosey's (can I call you that? Or maybe MH or FB?) converter, and after testing it, I was proven right (Yay to me?).
There are many major advantages over BCSM-GUI.
Here's 2 that really make a difference -- loop alignment. Automatically aligns loops to start at a multiple of 14336.
The other one (I'm not sure if anyone else has actually noticed), is that BCSM-GUI seems to mess with the stereophonicity (is that a word?). Basically, it seems that the song sounds a lot less stereo, and almost mono after using BSCM-GUI, or some times it sounds like it's louder one side, than it is the other in some areas. Moosey's converter, however, doesn't do this. I updated "Sword of Fury" using the converter (but using the same source which was a FLAC), and there's an obvious difference.

You know what this means, don't you? I'm going to use this from now on. The only downside... it's not easy to convert multiple files at once (with the drag-drop thing I like to do, but that's not a worry :p).
Do you know why it wasn't aligning the loop points earlier?

Edit: And what do you think about merging the "End to Start" and "It doesn't loop" loop types and just giving users the choice to download a looping brstm, or a non looping brstm? I also might decide to have a victory theme check box or something just to make it easier to find them.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
For some reason, mooseybobfurryhunter thingy *gets shot, and comes back to life* um... it doesn't seem to work for a particular set of files. The looping bit I mean. I was OK with for example, the Revenge of Shinobi ones, but the Yoshi's Story ones, I had to manually calculate the loop points to be a multiple of 14336 at the start. Would it have anything to do with the fact they are in the "Downloads" folder located at the root of my "user" folder (i.e. C:\Users\[me]\Downloads) -- and/or the fact that they came from a ZIP file downloaded as a torrent?

Also, what if the BRSTM actually loops from '0' to whatever the last sample is? Obviously if it normally loops, you select normal, however, if it doesn't normally loop, but you make it loop from start to end, would you just choose "custom loop"?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
The ENTIRE of vgm.hcs64.com is down. Why? Some *****es and copyright.

Anyway, maybe someone has a (good-quality) tagged MP3 soundtrack from the 2SFs?
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VBN9F44G -- it's a few hundred MB so they're obviously MP3s :p

I'm downloading it now, to see if they're tagged (and acceptable quality)

EDIT: THey're tagged... and MP3s are VBR ranging from a short SFX of 44 kbps, to up to about 278 kbps.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Good, I want to do some Sonic Rush BRSTMs since I was listening to a few songs from the game and was like "I should finish up the Sonic Rush music"

moosehunter

Smash Ace
The ENTIRE of vgm.hcs64.com is down. Why? Some *****es and copyright.

Anyway, maybe someone has a (good-quality) tagged MP3 soundtrack from the 2SFs?
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VBN9F44G -- it's a few hundred MB so they're obviously MP3s :p

I'm downloading it now, to see if they're tagged (and acceptable quality)

EDIT: THey're tagged... and MP3s are VBR ranging from a short SFX of 44 kbps, to up to about 278 kbps.
Ehh, you should probably steer away from any mp3s if you have a 2sf set, even if they are tagged.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, but tagged MP3s are better than "NTR-
Code:
-xxx"

Also, you know what sucks about PHP?

I got a load of weird error code thingy on main.php at brawlcustommusic.com

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Like I said Moosehunter, I have 2SFs ripped from the game, but I'm lazy to tag all of them.

EDIT: Uh, TUK, that's the soundtrack. I need a game rip.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Wait... what's the difference? Or are there extra tracks not in the soundtrack?
Some of the in-game tracks on the album don't loop (for example, What U Need). It ends right before it's going to loop. I think some of Blaze's do on the album.

Anyways, I'll just rip the 2SFs and tag them myself. I finished the music in the first sound_data.sdat. Many more to go :p

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
What's the BRSTM for the invincibility frames (the star)? I wanna replace that.
The star has no BRSTM. It's a sound effect.

Sonic Rush
Sonic Rush - A Flicker of Hope By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - A New Day By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - A New Day (Intermission) By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - A New Day (PSG Title Edit) By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - A New Day (Title Edit) By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - After the Fight By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - Anxiety By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - Back 2 Back By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - Back 2 Back (Blazy Mix) By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - Back 2 Back (CD version) By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - Blaze Appear By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - Blaze Pinch! By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - Bomber Barbara By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - Bomber Barbara (Part 2) By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - Ethno Circus By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - Ethno Circus (Blazy Mix) By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - Get Edgy By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - Get Edgy (Blazy Mix) By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - Groove Rush #1 By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - Groove Rush #1 PSG By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - Groove Rush #2 By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - Groove Rush #2 PSG By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - Groove Rush #3 By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - Groove Rush #4 By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - Groove Rush #5 By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - I Wanna Breathe By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - It's a New Record! By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - It's a New Record! (Blazy Mix) By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - Jeh Jeh Rocket By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - Jeh Jeh Rocket (Blazy Mix) By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - Jeh Jeh Rocket (CD version) By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - Kick the Eggman By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - Leaf Storm (Demo version) By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - Metal Scratchin' By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - Metal Scratchin' (Part 2) By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - One Up By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - Raisin' Me Up By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - Raisin' Me Up (Prologue) By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - Right There, Ride On By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - Right There, Ride On (Blazy Mix) By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - Ska Cha Cha By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - Ska Cha Cha (Blazy Mix) By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - Ska Cha Cha (CD version) By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - The Extra Zone By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - The Last Zone By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - The Metamorphosis By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - The Ordinary Zone By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - Theme of After the Fight By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - Theme of Blaze's Event By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - Theme of Comical Event By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - Theme of Sonic's Event By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - Theme of Strained Event By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - Theme of Warm Event By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - Vela-Nova By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - Vela-Nova (Part 2) By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - What U Need By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - What U Need (Blazy Mix) By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - What U Need (CD version) By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - What U Need is PSG By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - What U Need Is Remix By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - Wrapped in Black By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - Wrapped in Black (CD version) By Segtendo - DEMO
Sonic Rush - Wrapped in Black (Part 2) By Segtendo - DEMO

--> Go Back to the List

I'll probably do a few more of the album versions of these songs. I also forgot Medley Rush #1 and #2. I'll do those some other time.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I'm not slow! Look, see? They're all behind me. Ha! Take that. Hey, guys, I'm on lap 2. What are you lot on? WHAT? Lap 3? OH DARN! :p

Um... also sometime over the next few days, I'm planning on BRSTMing the rest of Paper Mario, Game & Watch Gallery 2, Game & Watch Gallery 3, Pocket Bomberman, Wario Blast featuring Bomberman and, anything else.

I have the Halo Original Soundtrack also... is the actual Halo CE music streamed? If so, does anyone have a copy of the rip? Or should I use the OST I have (FLAC)?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Good that you're finishing up Paper Mario. We're low on Paper Mario BRSTMs.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Just tested moosehunter's tool.
I think the main difference between this and BCSM is that the former is a GUI, therefore, much easier to use for everyone; yours also doesn't support .wav media files, but that's not that important.
I also still use BCSM because it can autoarrange files in SD (or similar directory).

EDIT: nvm at that wav thing, it was my bad, I just noticed you must delete the quotes when dragging files to the program =P

Xyless

Smash Master
Just tested moosehunter's tool.
I think the main difference between this and BCSM is that the former is a GUI, therefore, much easier to use for everyone; yours also doesn't support .wav media files, but that's not that important.
I also still use BCSM because it can autoarrange files in SD (or similar directory).
Basically, it's far more user-friendly, which is a big selling point for it.

And I wouldn't say wav support isn't important, saving an edited file from audacity to wav retains the quality far better than making it an mp3.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Unfortunately for me, I HAVE to save to WAV, because I use a certain program that moosehunter himself gave me which only supports WAVs as far as I know.

Also, about the Game & Watch Gallery series, of which someone wants the 3rd one badly, apparently, does anyone find the different regional names quite confusing? Starting with the PAL (Europe and Australia)-only released Game Boy Gallery around 1994-1995, the complete list goes like this:
Game Boy Gallery (PAL) -- 1994/5-ish
Game Boy Gallery 2 (Aus) = Game & Watch Gallery (UK/US) = Game Boy Gallery (Japan)
Game Boy Gallery 3 (Aus) = Game & Watch Gallery 2 (UK/US) = Game Boy Gallery 2 (Japan)
Game Boy Gallery 4 (Aus) = Game & Watch Gallery 3 (UK/US) = Game Boy Gallery 3 (Japan)
Game & Watch Gallery 4 (US) = Game & Watch Gallery Advance (PAL)

Also, apparently (obviously, if you're US, you'll know this), Game & Watch Gallery 2 was originally released in Japan in 1997 for the Game Boy, and then later in the US also for the Game Boy, and then in 1998 it was re-released for the Game Boy Color, where it was also released in Europe. In short, Japan only got a Game Boy version, US got a Game Boy AND Game Boy Color version, and Europe and Australia only got the Game Boy Color version.

Also Flame, when you highlighted a game and said "DO WANT" in the form of one of them pictures of what looks like Hugh Laurie <_<, you're talking about the game with Greenhouse, Turtle Bridge, and stuff, right?

EDIT: Why is the first 3 letters of "Japan" censored?

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Also Flame, when you highlighted a game and said "DO WANT" in the form of one of them pictures of what looks like Hugh Laurie <_<, you're talking about the game with Greenhouse, Turtle Bridge, and stuff, right?
Yes, this is it :)

EDIT: Why is the first 3 letters of "Japan" censored?
I guess it's because the word "J ap" is an insult, like you would call people "ni--a". But that's just my guess.

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Well, this morning I finally decided to make a standalone converter based on BrawlBox's. For my first encounter with Visual Studio and C#, it was actually pretty easy to do. http://brawlcustommusic.com/temporarycrap/test.exe
With progress bar window:
http://brawlcustommusic.com/temporarycrap/testprog.exe

Just drag and drop a wav file onto it.
I modified BrawlBox's converter so it doesn't add padding at the beginning of the brstm, and aligns the loop points like mine does.

This is just a POC that I threw together quickly, I'll add a decent front end later.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
So, moose, is "POC" like a well-known abbreviation, like "WIP"? And before you say anything, POC stands for piece of crap, right?
If so, I might use the piece of crap :p

moosehunter

Smash Ace
So, moose, is "POC" like a well-known abbreviation, like "WIP"? And before you say anything, POC stands for piece of crap, right?
If so, I might use the piece of crap :p
Proof of concept, piece of crap. Whichever one you prefer to think it means.
Although it is fully functional if you want a looping song.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
When I said "piece of crap", I didn't mean "this sucks", I meant more like "just something random", kind of to match your temporarycrap folder name :p

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Okay here's a quick update on the next batch of 15 Boktai songs

STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB WHY DO YOU KEEP POPPING WHEREVER I PUT YOU
THE ONLY PLACE YOU HAVEN'T POPPED DOESN'T KEEP THE TEMPO
I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Okay here's a quick update on the next batch of 15 Boktai songs

STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB WHY DO YOU KEEP POPPING WHEREVER I PUT YOU
THE ONLY PLACE YOU HAVEN'T POPPED DOESN'T KEEP THE TEMPO
I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU
I could try them for you, if you sent me the files you used.

Also, I know that moose, but just incase someone else thought I was insulting your ski11z, or something.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
so ya moose the youtube2brstm converter you gave me has been working fine and all of a sudden quit on me cuz it says it cant find the links.txt file when its right there....o.0

Edit: fk it can you just give it to me again and ill re-download it

Top Bottom