• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

moosehunter

Smash Ace
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/crap2keep/converter.zip
I think this is it. You may need to update vgmstream if you want support for formats that have been added since the one in there was built. The one in there is from November 2009.

So, you mean, if you entered a the loop points at 14337 and 1079308, it'd automatically change it to 14336 and therefore 1079307?
No. It would basically copy samples 14338-28672 and paste them at the end of the file, and then shift the loop points to be 28672 and 1093643. (If I did the math right.)

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Some how it didn't work, I did #3, and typed in some loop points, but it didn't "handle" them, at all. Was this added in after December 11, 2009? Because the "makebrstm.bat" says it was last modified then, and the one in your zip file is from September 2010.

Also, is there a way in Goldwave to remove silence ONLY at the beginning (or at least reduce it), apart from zooming in, and simply manually deleting it? I have the Japanese Yoshi's Story soundtrack, which is much better quality than the USFs (for example, listen to Jungle Fever), however, they all have a 0.7 second silence at the beginning, so I have to manually highlight most of the silence and delete it, so that it's almost non-existent. The eliminate all silences wouldn't work.

EDIT: It's very quick, so I struggled to printscreen, but I did manage to get something:

For some reason, it says it couldn't find:
song.wav, song_r.dsp, song_l.dsp, song_r.wav, song_l.wav, song_r.txt, song_l.txt, song.wav, song.dsp, song.txt, junk.wav ... and maybe a few more.

I entered 363335 and 2896486 as the loop points, and after selecting 3 as the option, the loop points in the BRSTM are 363335 and 2896487 (why do BRSTMs sometimes add an extra sample?) ... the point is though, that the loop points didn't change.

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Maybe it needs to be updated. Let me check it out.

And ctrl+U works in goldwave

Edit: It's supposed to say it couldn't find those files.

It works for me. The loop points are changed to 372736 and 2905888.
Drag-and-drop, batch conversion, and single file conversion work for me.

moosehunter

Smash Ace
So, why don't it work for me :(?

Is it the specific type of WAV I used?
1411 kbps, Signed 16-bit PCM, 44100 Hz.
I don't know. I just tested it in a fresh Windows install and it works fine.

Does it not work for anybody else?

Maybe I'll try to make a standalone converter from brawlbox's encoder. I'll just modify it to make it better. I'll have to learn a bit of C# though, as I've never programmed in it before.

Xyless

Smash Master
Also, is there a way in Goldwave to remove silence ONLY at the beginning (or at least reduce it), apart from zooming in, and simply manually deleting it? I have the Japanese Yoshi's Story soundtrack, which is much better quality than the USFs (for example, listen to Jungle Fever), however, they all have a 0.7 second silence at the beginning, so I have to manually highlight most of the silence and delete it, so that it's almost non-existent. The eliminate all silences wouldn't work.
I'm rather sure that has to do with mp3 importing, because Audacity does it as well. I've even tested it by saving and re-loading multiple times, and it adds more ~1 seconds to the opening, but when I save as FLAC or wav, it doesn't.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Actually, it appears it was the "Mario Story Original Soundtrack" that had the leading silence. But there was no mp3 importing on my side. It was like that already, since it's an OST not a Gamerip, so it's most likely supposed to be like that.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Also, while not (necessarily) bad things, when you log in on your site, how come, even though you click "remember me", it still automatically logs you out after some period of time (maybe an hour, or something?) Also, have you found out why viewing the full song list by uploader never works? (And on a somewhat related note, would it be possible to make it so that you can simply view all BRSTMS uploaded by a certain user? Like literally have a link on their profile with "View all BRSTMs uploaded by this user", or would that use up too much?

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Looks like brawlcustommusic.com is not functionning... again. Good thing I have uploaded the 9 BRSTMs of Contra Hard Corps I created right after lunch.

EDIT from 06:19 PM = It is now working again :laugh:

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Also, while not (necessarily) bad things, when you log in on your site, how come, even though you click "remember me", it still automatically logs you out after some period of time (maybe an hour, or something?)
Oops, I thought I had removed that from the login page.

Also, have you found out why viewing the full song list by uploader never works?
IDK, it used to work. Maybe the javascript sort code doesn't like some of the data. The list has gotten too big anyway, I'll probably replace it with something else.

(And on a somewhat related note, would it be possible to make it so that you can simply view all BRSTMS uploaded by a certain user? Like literally have a link on their profile with "View all BRSTMs uploaded by this user", or would that use up too much?
I plan on it.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Linkshot, before you make any more WarioWare BRSTMs, could you try and get rid of the loud pops at the beginning? The way I do it is to zoom in to where the pop is on the waveform, and just highlight it and remove it. You'll need to zoom in quite far, so that you can get rid of only the pop and not too much before or after it, maybe far enough so that the pop covers most of the width of the screen.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Also, if you go to Upload a video and it has something about being able to upload videos longer than 15 minutes, don't worry about the limit... there ain't one.

WOT DID JOO SAY? I SAID... THERE AIN'T NO STINKIN' LIMIT!
Get ready for 2 hour BRSTMs from Moosey :p (or if you wanted, 3 hours... 6 hours.... um.... OVER 9000 HOURS?)

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Someone has already uploaded a video of 24 hours straight. Of course, it's just a black screen, but the possibility is there :awesome:

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Also, if you go to Upload a video and it has something about being able to upload videos longer than 15 minutes, don't worry about the limit... there ain't one.

WOT DID JOO SAY? I SAID... THERE AIN'T NO STINKIN' LIMIT!
Get ready for 2 hour BRSTMs from Moosey :p (or if you wanted, 3 hours... 6 hours.... um.... OVER 9000 HOURS?)
I feel like uploading a batch of 20 - 30 hour long videos just for the heck of it. Which three should I pick?

Edit: Meh, scratch that, I don't think the web server could hold the temporary files that are created while uploading a 30 hour video.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
@TUK:
I had to do that for Pyoro 2. It kinda ruins the beginning tempo :< As in, 75% of the first beat was a pop.

As you can probably see, I'm slowly chipping at the Boktai OST right now. It has...I think 67 entries.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
I feel like uploading a batch of 20 - 30 hour long videos just for the heck of it. Which three should I pick?
Three songs ?

I think you should begin with one of the songs YOU have made, then Segtendo and TheUltimateKoopa. Both of you are admins, so it's a normal thing to honor the 20 hours songs with the admins first :awesome:

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Lovin' how we can see all of our BRSTMs that we've made. Makes me feel... successful :laugh:

I'm lacking soundtrack ideas. I was thinking Ducktales on the NES.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Did 15 Boktai songs today.
Gonna try to do 15 more tomorrow. Splitting them up like this so I don't start getting hasty and ignoring pops.

P.S. Purify is so much win and I immediately put it on Skyworld.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Do you know why brawlcustommusic keeps "dying", moosehunter? I.e. are you doing things with the site, or are you, like us, also wondering why?

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Do you know why brawlcustommusic keeps "dying", moosehunter? I.e. are you doing things with the site, or are you, like us, also wondering why?
The web server was one of the sites to fall victim to a recent exploit that would use up all the memory on the server, effectively simulating a DoS attack . But I think it shouldn't be a problem from now on. But either way, I should probably set something up to email me if too much memory is being used.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
You can download the remix mentioned in a (since-edited) post here:
http://www.youtube.com/redirect?q=h...=VPiJkf9lOm41DjsiqAmP-iR1VkB8MTI5MjU0MzMwOA==

Note that it plays through once, and then again with different instruments, therefore, the loop would end around 1:46 (or any time after that, but before it fades out)
I'm done with it. But I would rather send it to you first, to see if I was correct with the loop-point ;)

http://www.mediafire.com/?rgrob62vndzl284

Tell me if it is okay :)

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
The loop itself seems OK, but you probably should move it a bit further back? Maybe a couple of seconds (i.e. from 0:08 to 1:48, or 0:10 to 1:50 etc?) Or I could look at the loop length, and add a multiple of 14336 to both numbers myself :p Otherwise it's OK to me. The reason I said the loop probably could be a little further, is because when it loops, the part just before 1:46 sort of overlaps slightly (i.e. the echo and fade out of the notes), however, it suddenly cuts off. That's why I always loop a few seconds after a tune actually loops. I try to avoid any loops starting at 0:00 for example, so I'll loop it from maybe 0:02.xxx.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
I see.

I updated the loop-point, and will upload it in Moosehunter's site ;)

After that, I'll go to sleep :awesome:

EDIT : Does the remix have a specific name ?

Linkshot

Smash Hero
The last song in this batch was like a boss-type. It kept insisting on popping whenever I adjusted the loop points to match the Wii's blocks. I conquered it, though.

The irony is that the boss song came right before it and gave me no trouble.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I see.

I updated the loop-point, and will upload it in Moosehunter's site ;)

After that, I'll go to sleep :awesome:

EDIT : Does the remix have a specific name ?
It's not exactly a remix, technically (or according to DaDude261) it's a redux, like a remaster, or remake type thing. As for the loop, it's OK. I did hear what I thought was an extremely quiet very very short pop, but to actually notice it, would require either sensitive ears, or OCD :p In otherwords, it's OK.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
*headdesk* I rejected the original file, therefore, the update is invalid. You'll have to upload it as a new upload.

Top Bottom