• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

moosehunter

Smash Ace
so ya moose the youtube2brstm converter you gave me has been working fine and all of a sudden quit on me cuz it says it cant find the links.txt file when its right there....o.0

Edit: fk it can you just give it to me again and ill re-download it
brawlcustommusic.com/crap2keep/youtube2brstm.zip

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Oh right. Like "final lap" versions, menu themes, results, fanfares, etc?

I just uploaded the final lap versions, and a couple of others.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i have a question...sometimes (normally on FD or yoshis), in the middle of my song, it'll randomly just get all glitchy and static-y for about 20 seconds and then go back to normal. is there any way to fix this? i'm using fpc 3.5.1 and gecko os 1.9.3.1

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I've heard about having to defrag your SD card when something like that happens. I've never had the problem, it might be because I use Riivolution, but I don't know.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
i see x.x how do I fix the problem?
copy your sd's files into a backup folder momentarily reformat sd card put all files back in and voila it SHOULD work. on a side note

moose thx for that dll fix but this youtube2brstm thing just DOESNT want to work even now its not giving me any errors and its flashing by so quick i cant read whats wrong as well as the fact that nothing is showing up in the event logs. The best i could see was the last thing it said which couldnt not find c:/user/downloads/blah blah blah

oh and its not hidden anywhere i have all assets to the converter on the desktop

stingers

Smash Obsessed
alright, ill do that now...thanks =]

about your youtube to brstm thing...my youtube to mp3 downloader program stopped working recently too, so I think youtube might've changed something about how they store files...just a guess @.@

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I've decided to do Super Mario Kart's soundtrack, using OSTProject's rip.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I used their rip for my SMAS BRSTMs :p

Moosey? I can't do the GWG3 rips because that one program can't find any er... points of interest (if you get me).

moosehunter

Smash Ace
alright, ill do that now...thanks =]

about your youtube to brstm thing...my youtube to mp3 downloader program stopped working recently too, so I think youtube might've changed something about how they store files...just a guess @.@
You sir, win... IDK, something. YouTube did change something.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
You sir, win... IDK, something. YouTube did change something.
so if i cant manage somehow to get this working whats the best way to get songs i want into brstms.

K ive tried every possible solution. Youtube definitely changed something recently cuz i did this a while bk and then i remember...long story short ik they did. cuz it is no longer able to dl the videos with these applications. that being said i REALLLY want to change my music and do some awesome songs i found. Remixes to be exact. Anyway i can make then w/o the youtube2brstm converter?

moosehunter

Smash Ace
so if i cant manage somehow to get this working whats the best way to get songs i want into brstms.

K ive tried every possible solution. Youtube definitely changed something recently cuz i did this a while bk and then i remember...long story short ik they did. cuz it is no longer able to dl the videos with these applications. that being said i REALLLY want to change my music and do some awesome songs i found. Remixes to be exact. Anyway i can make then w/o the youtube2brstm converter?
Well, I can still make it work. However the video download will be slower because YouTube throttles the bandwidth. I used to have it open 15 connections at once, so the video was downloaded by the time the throttling kicked in.

Edit: Scratch that. I found out that I have to use cookies to get it to work. I guess YouTube doesn't want people getting direct download links.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Well, I can still make it work. However the video download will be slower because YouTube throttles the bandwidth. I used to have it open 15 connections at once, so the video was downloaded by the time the throttling kicked in.

Edit: Scratch that. I found out that I have to use cookies to get it to work. I guess YouTube doesn't want people getting direct download links.
i eagerly await a solution regardless of how slow or whatnot. that or som1 can tell me how to make em from youtube a diff way. either one i jus know i want a way plz :( :)

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
The other altenative, is to actually search for the original audio, if available. E.g. if you want some game BRSTM, search for an actual MP3 of it somewhere. However, if it's something like a YTP, or YTPMV, then er... here's what I've done in the past:
Get RealPlayer Downloader, download the video as an MP4, then use some converter to convert the video to WAV (e.g. Winamp's Disk Writer plugin works perfectly for this), and, if you want use some software to make it loopable.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
i eagerly await a solution regardless of how slow or whatnot. that or som1 can tell me how to make em from youtube a diff way. either one i jus know i want a way plz :( :)
What I use for my songs is Mediaconverter : only 5 conversions available, but they ALWAYS will be on Stereo and at least 44100 Hz (sometimes I had 48000 Hz) ;)

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Huh, some tracks from the OSTProject rip of Super Mario Kart start off kinda quiet and then get louder. Why do SNES tracks do that?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
It's actually a problem among SNESAmp, also known as Alpha-SPC Player or something. The SPCs themselves are Ok, it's the plug-in. I know this, because if you actually have the control panel displayed for the plug-in, which enables muting channels, tempo, pitch, etc, the volume slider on the CP actually increases.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario Kart - Battle Mode By Segtendo - DEMO
Super Mario Kart - Bowser's Castle By Segtendo - DEMO
Super Mario Kart - Bowser's Castle (Final Lap) By Segtendo - DEMO
Super Mario Kart - Bowser's Ranks By Segtendo - DEMO
Super Mario Kart - Choco Island By Segtendo - DEMO
Super Mario Kart - Choco Island (Final Lap) By Segtendo - DEMO
Super Mario Kart - Choose Your Driver By Segtendo - DEMO
Super Mario Kart - Donkey Kong Jr.'s Ranks By Segtendo - DEMO
Super Mario Kart - Donut Plains By Segtendo - DEMO
Super Mario Kart - Donut Plains (Final Lap) By Segtendo - DEMO
Super Mario Kart - Final Lap Warning By Segtendo - DEMO
Super Mario Kart - Game Over By Segtendo - DEMO
Super Mario Kart - Ghost Valley By Segtendo - DEMO
Super Mario Kart - Ghost Valley (Final Lap) By Segtendo - DEMO
Super Mario Kart - Koopa Beach By Segtendo - DEMO
Super Mario Kart - Koopa Beach (Final Lap) By Segtendo - DEMO
Super Mario Kart - Koopa Troopa's Ranks By Segtendo - DEMO
Super Mario Kart - Luigi's Ranks By Segtendo - DEMO
Super Mario Kart - Mario Circuit By Segtendo - DEMO
Super Mario Kart - Mario Circuit (Final Lap) By Segtendo - DEMO
Super Mario Kart - Mario's Ranks By Segtendo - DEMO
Super Mario Kart - No Record By Segtendo - DEMO
Super Mario Kart - Peach's Ranks By Segtendo - DEMO
Super Mario Kart - Pentagon Path (Rainbow Road Remix) By TheUltimateKoopa - DEMO
Super Mario Kart - Race Fanfare By Segtendo - DEMO
Super Mario Kart - Race Finale By Segtendo - DEMO
Super Mario Kart - Rainbow Road By Segtendo - DEMO
Super Mario Kart - Rainbow Road (Final Lap) By Segtendo - DEMO
Super Mario Kart - Rainbow Road Remix By FlameHyenard - DEMO
Super Mario Kart - Ranked In By Segtendo - DEMO
Super Mario Kart - Ranked Out By Segtendo - DEMO
Super Mario Kart - Special Ending By Segtendo - DEMO
Super Mario Kart - Starman By FlameHyenard - DEMO
Super Mario Kart - Title Screen By Segtendo - DEMO
Super Mario Kart - Toad's Ranks By Segtendo - DEMO
Super Mario Kart - Tournament Lose By Segtendo - DEMO
Super Mario Kart - Tournament Win By Segtendo - DEMO
Super Mario Kart - Vanilla Lake By Segtendo - DEMO
Super Mario Kart - Vanilla Lake (Final Lap) By Segtendo - DEMO
Super Mario Kart - Yoshi's Ranks By Segtendo - DEMO

--> Go Back to the List

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I'll admit, some of the quality in the OSTProject tracks are poor. Especially Donut Plains. The entire left audio is missing, and well they didn't use the best bit-rate.

So, if I can make BRSTMs from the SPCs at the highest quality I can, I'll update them.

I have set the SPCs to a sample rate of 48000 Hz, and 32-bit sample size.

If my calculations are correct, if there are 32 bits per samples, that makes 4 bytes per sample. If there are 48000 samples per second, then 48000 samples per second * 4 bytes will give us the bitrate, which is 187.5 kilobytes per second.
While 48000 Hz is the rate I'm using, the highest possible bitrate that SNESamp supports is 192000 Hz, which equates to a bitrate of a whopping 750 kbps. Considering the highest bitrate of MP3s is 320 kbps, this is actually quite high. Some FLACs or other lossless formats are about this much.

The reason I can't use this sample rate, is here:
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/6429

The highest possible sample rate that I can make is 60928 Hz. Any sample rates higher, will be reduced to that amount. Also, that was just a test, so don't approve it.

Setting the sample size, and sample rate (of which bitrate is sample size * sample rate) is a case of selecting something from a drop-down menu. Not hard at all. The tricky part is messing around with the settings (particularly in the Mixing Tab) to get it so that the volume is constant, and doesn't do that annoying "start quiet, then increase, and then suddenly drop down every few seconds" thing.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
k question....how come smashville has like 12 brstms but in my music you only see 4(on the game) what are the other 8?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
k question....how come smashville has like 12 brstms but in my music you only see 4(on the game) what are the other 8?
This is very easy to explain. Every Saturday between 8 pm and midnight (according to your Wii's system clock), KK Slider plays a concert. The extra 8 BRSTMs, are the songs that he plays. Basically go on Smashville between 8pm and midnight tomorrow, and you'll hear one of those songs.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Slightly off-topic, but since FFShrine is down (again), just wondering. What's your opinion on the quality of this FLAC of Bayou Boogie at 192 kHz and 2061 kbps?
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?u9znxlb43d3m3ef

The stats from the "File Info" in Winamp are:
Length: 181 seconds
Channels: 2
Bits per sample: 16
Sample Rate: 192000 Hz
File Size: 46633591 bytes
Average bitrate: 2061 kbps
Compression Ratio: 33%

Also (too lazy to make a PM), moosehunter? Do you actually "own" (i.e. have access) to the GilvaSunner account on YouTube, or is it only TimmyTurnersDad? It says "TimmyTurnersDad + BrawlBRSTMs tribute to SilvaGunner and DeoxysPrime". Also, if you ever got suspended for some lame "copyright" thing, what would you do?

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Slightly off-topic, but since FFShrine is down (again), just wondering. What's your opinion on the quality of this FLAC of Bayou Boogie at 192 kHz and 2061 kbps?
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?u9znxlb43d3m3ef

The stats from the "File Info" in Winamp are:
Length: 181 seconds
Channels: 2
Bits per sample: 16
Sample Rate: 192000 Hz
File Size: 46633591 bytes
Average bitrate: 2061 kbps
Compression Ratio: 33%

Also (too lazy to make a PM), moosehunter? Do you actually "own" (i.e. have access) to the GilvaSunner account on YouTube, or is it only TimmyTurnersDad? It says "TimmyTurnersDad + BrawlBRSTMs tribute to SilvaGunner and DeoxysPrime". Also, if you ever got suspended for some lame "copyright" thing, what would you do?
Yeah, I've got the password. And I'd probably just re-upload everything. I plan to upload everything to multiple accounts from now on and just make the videos private. That way I'll have an account up within a day or two. The actual uploading of the video only takes a second or two, so mirroring the site's account should be no problem at all.

Top Bottom