• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Wow, BrawlBox's encoder is so much faster than Nintendo's, although it might not be as accurate sometimes. It just took me 11 minutes to encode a 4 hour 50 minute soundtrack creating 836 MB of BRSTMs. It just missed Brawl's record for the game with the most songs (on my site that is) by two tracks.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Segtendo my comment on the song's page says it all.
Lol.
You seem to love it a lot :laugh:

EDIT: Moosehunter, I'm having problems with your converter. I have the files I want to convert in mp3 and they are in the same folder as the tool. I try converting them to looping BRSTMs, yet it doesn't do anything. It tells me an error has occurred and to check the log.txt. I check it, and it says that ".mp3 is not a supported file."

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Lol.
You seem to love it a lot :laugh:

EDIT: Moosehunter, I'm having problems with your converter. I have the files I want to convert in mp3 and they are in the same folder as the tool. I try converting them to looping BRSTMs, yet it doesn't do anything. It tells me an error has occurred and to check the log.txt. I check it, and it says that ".mp3 is not a supported file."
Send me the MP3 file.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
The next soundtrack I'm doing is
Sonic Free Riders.
I'm downloading the game as we speak.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
I don't know where to obtain the soundtrack. And I think either Moosehunter, Segtendo or TheUltimateKoopa would find better rips than me, anyway :laugh:

@Segtendo : I just listened to Super Mario Kart's Yoshi's Rank BRSTM. Part of my Mario Kart childhood was in that theme (Yoshi is one of my favourite Mario characters), and I just had to replace Yoshi's victory theme with this. :crying:

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
This would be a perfect time to ask a question. What happens if you replace a non-looping theme (like a Victory theme, or "Continue", etc) with a looping BRSTM? You know how normally after a VS match, you'd have the victory theme, then the "Results Display Screen" or whatever? If the victory theme was looping, would the Results Display just start playing over the top, or is it programmed to automatically only play after the "victory" theme has finished (in which case, it wouldn't play at all, since the victory theme would be endless)?

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
This would be a perfect time to ask a question. What happens if you replace a non-looping theme (like a Victory theme, or "Continue", etc) with a looping BRSTM? You know how normally after a VS match, you'd have the victory theme, then the "Results Display Screen" or whatever? If the victory theme was looping, would the Results Display just start playing over the top, or is it programmed to automatically only play after the "victory" theme has finished (in which case, it wouldn't play at all, since the victory theme would be endless)?
The victory theme just keeps looping and the Results Display Screen doesn't start, I believe.

moosehunter

Smash Ace
The next soundtrack I'm doing is
Sonic Free Riders.
I'm downloading the game as we speak.
You do know that my converter will convert those directly to brstms without any need for you to find loop points, right? If you need to edit the volume of the song, I blocked off three areas in the .bat file (you'll notice them) that you can add commands to. Just add "pause" to each of them, and edit the song.wav when it pauses.

The victory theme just keeps looping and the Results Display Screen doesn't start, I believe.
Yep. One could use this to have a different results screen theme for each character.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I've been fiddling in my head with tacking End of Day Results onto Escape from Sublevel.
My looping victory themes are: Yoshi, Wario, Samus, Kirby, Meta Knight, Captain Falcon, and Pokemon.

Goal & Score (Yoshi's Island)
Wario Victory & Results (Mario Kart 64)
Fanfare Appearance & Mission Final (Metroid Prime)
Results (Kirby Air Ride)
Credits (Revenge of Meta Knight)
Forever He Will Be Our Hero (F-Zero GX)
Gym Leader Defeated! (Pokemon Fire Red & Leaf Green)

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
I have those as lopping victory themes :

Mario series : DO THE MARIO !
Yoshi : Super Mario Kart's Yoshi's Rank
Olimar : Trololol (laugh part). Yes, I'm weird like this :awesome:

That's all for the looped victory themes.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Hey, HEY wait a minute.... kyokoro hasn't got enough rubies (even though it should be rupies, but CD-i sucks so who cares). Anyway, he didn't pay! ARREST THAT MAN... AND LOCK HIM AWAY! (lol Johnny English reference)

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Heh, it was a joke, don't worry :p -- the previous poster did what was obviously a "Morshu" reference, so I just finished it off, and added a couple of other bits.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
You do know that my converter will convert those directly to brstms without any need for you to find loop points, right? If you need to edit the volume of the song, I blocked off three areas in the .bat file (you'll notice them) that you can add commands to. Just add "pause" to each of them, and edit the song.wav when it pauses.
Awesome. Less work for me :p The game's got another hour until it is done. After I extract the ISO from all the parts, I'll get right on it.

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Awesome. Less work for me :p The game's got another hour until it is done. After I extract the ISO from all the parts, I'll get right on it.
Wait, that game's for the 360, which means that the audio might be stored as XMAs (No, not Christmas) You'll have to use a hex editor to get the loop points out of those. It's still faster than finding them yourself. I had to do that for the Sonic '06 soundtrack.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Wait, that game's for the 360, which means that the audio might be stored as XMAs (No, not Christmas) You'll have to use a hex editor to get the loop points out of those. It's still faster than finding them yourself. I had to do that for the Sonic '06 soundtrack.
Oh, your converter doesn't support XMAs?
Also, do you know a XMA plug-in for WinAmp?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Isn't the "XMA" format a special "version" of the well-known "WMA" format? WMA files as you know don't have any looping information whatsoever, simply because well, there's no need, so that's why XMA files don't, right?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Huh, I opened the ISO using X360FExT and there is a folder called "AUDIO_TS." However, the file icon is a folder, but there is nothing in it :ohwell:

EDIT: wx360 opens them. The files are in a .cpk, but I unpacked them and they are in .aax. We're in business.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Hey, Seg? It's a little quieter than your version, but I used the SPC rip, at 48000 kHz, straight to WAV to make a test BRSTM of Mario Circuit from SMK. I uploadeded it to brawlcustommusic.com as an update to your BRSTM of said tune. Can you tell me, apart from the fact yours is louder, whether the one I uploaded is better in quality than yours:
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/update/302

There's also no annoying volume change thingy that you get with a lot of SPC converted OSTs. It's to be honest, relatively easy. However, the only thing is, if you want to make a good quality OST from SPCs, you WILL need to make each track louder, in something like Audacity, or Goldwave (but not so loud there's a lot of clipping and horrible crackly distortion).

To at least stop the "increase volume and beginning then decrease in small 'chunks' every few seconds" thing altogther, to to the Preferences thingy in the Options menu of Winamp.
Go to where it says "Plug-ins" in the sidebar, then select "Input".
Look for "Alpha-II SPC Player", and double-click it.
In the box, select "Custom" for the DSP Emulation.
Next, go to the "Mixing" Tab, and adjust the settings to the following:
AAR = On
Amplification = 0.0dB
Output Threshold = 0.00dB

I'm not sure whether the 3 tickboxes would affect anything at this point, but I currently have all except "Use Winamp's volume control for adjusting the level" ticked.

As I said, since they'll all be at 0 dB amplification, they will be sort of quiet.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
moosehunter, I love your converter a lot. I converted the seven tracks I got from the CPK into BRSTM using the converter. The loop points are perfect. I'll upload the BRSTMs, but they're untagged ATM.

Hey, Seg? It's a little quieter than your version, but I used the SPC rip, at 48000 kHz, straight to WAV to make a test BRSTM of Mario Circuit from SMK. I uploadeded it to brawlcustommusic.com as an update to your BRSTM of said tune. Can you tell me, apart from the fact yours is louder, whether the one I uploaded is better in quality than yours:
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/update/302
I did use the SPC rip. I just didn't do what you did to stop the volume changes. And yes, I like that quality better. Feel free to update them if you want.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Cool. I just wanted to make sure. It's not too quiet (for the game I mean)? Well I can always try it out on the game, but anyway, I'll finish them all off, soon.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
So, for the god knows how many times, I've yet again going to attempt doing DKC BRTSMs. I've done Life in the Mines. The only thing I need to be able to do is get them to be loud enough.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Well this is basically what I did:
Maximize volume
Remove peaks: Multiplier -6.00 dB, Threshold -6.00 dB
Maximize volume
Remove peaks: Multiplier -20.00 dB, Threshold -6.00 dB
Maximize volume

Yes, I only increased (or technically decreased) the multiplier, and not the threshold. I put 3 of the BRSTMs I made by doing that in the game, Bad Boss Boogie, Life in the Mines and Voices of the Temple, and they are pretty much perfect in terms of volume. The quality's pretty good in my opinion. Hardly any clipping (or any popping sound or anything).

The 3 aforementioned BRSTMs are here. Listen to them and tell me if you think they're OK (as I said, I didn't see any major problem with them):
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/2661
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/2643
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/2658

Top Bottom