• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

GreenGhost21

Smash Cadet
You might want to look elsewhere. There's a BRSTM request topic not far from here. Go check it out. :)

GenoGar

Smash Apprentice
You know, I've been wondering... is it possible to "add" more songs to a stage? Battlefield and Final Destination only have... what? FIVE songs? You only have 5 songs to work with on those stages while stages like Halberd, Green Hill Zone, and Lylat Cruise have... 12!?

It'd be nice if there was a code that can assign rarely used songs such as the ones in the Subspace Emissary or the ones in 75m and Rumble Falls to levels like Battlefield, Final Destination, etc. Being able to access them in the "My Music" section would also be a plus.

Craeter

Smash Apprentice
You know, I've been wondering... is it possible to "add" more songs to a stage? Battlefield and Final Destination only have... what? FIVE songs? You only have 5 songs to work with on those stages while stages like Halberd, Green Hill Zone, and Lylat Cruise have... 12!?
I was thinking the same thing when nintendo maniac said:

^^Yes, in fact there is a way!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=221814

I used it to get that Brinstar music out of Norfair, and to put "Frozen Hillside" on the Summit. Note that these changes stay even without booting through Gecko OS.
But then I realized that you're just replacing a song with another song and not actually making more song slots.

Idk, I've never tried to make codes with gecko, but talk to the right people and maybe something will happen. :)

Neo X

Smash Apprentice
So after I replace the musics with the codes, put the sd card in the wii, and load brawl from homebrew then it would work? I'm just asking because it didn't work for me. ) :

Nintendo Maniac 64

Smash Apprentice
If anyone cares, I've started working on my WIP Fate/stay night soundtracks again - both the original PC game and Realta Nua. (the anime is the lowest priority since I'm using the game music in a community project for another game as well)

Here are the links again for anyone who may care (these also have demo links unlike the ones on the front page)

Fate/stay night WIP soundtrack By Nintendo Maniac 64 - DEMO
Fate/stay night Realta Nua WIP soundtrack By Nintendo Maniac 64 - DEMO

EDIT: Holy crap, I just listened to and converted "Mighty Wind" from Realta Nua and it's one of most epicly awesome songs I've ever heard! I HIGHLY urge you guys to check it out. YouTube demo (from above playlist link)

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
The first post needs to be updated. Badly. I'm not goiug through this whole topic to find a couple good songs.

And I still want the SMRPG songs on the first post, but they're mp3s...

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
Since CyberGlitch hasn't updated the OP, can't we just do it ourselves then send him or a MOD a notepad with the updates?

It would be a lot easier than just raving about not having an updated OP. A small colab by letters can be done.

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
This. Not saying you're wrong -- the list is in dire need of updating. But you could have searched the whole thread for a song in less time than it took to say you wouldn't.
That's not how I look for songs. I look at a list, and see if any of them happen to interest me. I don't come here with the idea of finding a specific song - If I did, I'd make the song myself.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
There's a much better rock version of the song that would probably suit some better.

I think it's the Pokemon Gold Lance Battle though, not HeartGold/SoulSilver, just that it sounds very similar.

VysetheLegend

Smash Apprentice
Totally replacing Pokemon Centre with that. o/
You realize I did the same song, better, over a week ago?

._. Seriously, why does no one notice or appreciate anything I do.

There's a much better rock version of the song that would probably suit some better.

I think it's the Pokemon Gold Lance Battle though, not HeartGold/SoulSilver, just that it sounds very similar.
I've made this, too!

gflargle

Chepe

Smash Lord

Well, Pokemon HeartGold/Soul Silver are DS remakes of the original Gold/Silver. A lot of people enjoy the updated music which is why I requested it.

You realize I did the same song, better, over a week ago?

._. Seriously, why does no one notice or appreciate anything I do.

I've made this, too!

gflargle
My bad Vyse. I didn't see all that HG/SS music in the OP of this thread so I assumed that no one had tried their hand at the music yet. Thanks for mentioning it, I just found your post with all the awesome choices! Definitely using Wild Kanto Battle, Ho-oh Battle, and Kanto Gym Battle! :chuckle:

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
Would anyone happen to have a brstm file for Touhou 8: Voyage 1969? The link on Smashwiki doesn't seem to work. :/

Nintendo Maniac 64

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I need an opinion on playlist demo links. 2 pages back I re-linked to my WIP fate/stay night soundtrack with playlist demos, but it's been bothering me which of the following 2 options on how the list should be organized by default I should use.

Choice 1: alphabetically, which is the same as the mediafire folder with the songs

Choice 2: In-game music list order, with an "sort by: title" option on the playlist (which is NOT the same order as the mediafire folder with the songs, but is the same order as the playable music list in the game - but can be reorganized to the mediafire folder order by clicking "title" under 'sort by')

Currently I'm using choice 2, but if I go with choice 1, should I just include the "sort by: title" variable in the URL or manually reorder the playlist so that it will ALWAYS be alphabetical by default?

EDIT: OK so nobody cares. I'll just leave it how it is then, or maybe try to ask CyberGlitch directly. (if you're reading this CyberGlitch, please reply which you'd prefer)

Neo X

Smash Apprentice
Neo X, you could replace every single song in the game if you wanted.
Hmm, ok heres wat i did.

1)Downloaded the music from the provided link.

2)Put the music in my sd card

3)Renamed the music for example the music "Final Destination" on Final Destination to "X05.brstm"

Thats pretty much it for getting 1 music. Am I doing this right because it doesnt work for me.:(

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
is your sd card SDHC? if so it won't work.

and you need the file replacement code 3.5.1 in your gct in the code folder of your sd card, yada yada yada..

and make sure you don't make the name itself X05.brstm, and then have the file type, because then you'd have X05.brstm.brstm, which you don't wnat. but you probably didn't do this.

Mit

Smash Ace
So, I had no luck with the Brawl Music Swap program, and don't really like the idea of the change being more permanent and desyncing online either.

Do the brstm's for Brawl's soundtrack exist anywhere? If they do I'll just file replace to swap songs around.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
So, I had no luck with the Brawl Music Swap program, and don't really like the idea of the change being more permanent and desyncing online either.

Do the brstm's for Brawl's soundtrack exist anywhere? If they do I'll just file replace to swap songs around.

I'm sure that they could be ripped from and ISO or something. But, as of now, I don't think that there is a list for them. Like, we should make a comprehensive list of everything on the disc. all the pac files of characters, stages, all the songs, and everything.

Mit

Smash Ace
I'm sure that they could be ripped from and ISO or something. But, as of now, I don't think that there is a list for them. Like, we should make a comprehensive list of everything on the disc. all the pac files of characters, stages, all the songs, and everything.
I wonder if the guy who ripped the Brawl soundtrack is still around. I'm sure he had all the .brstms for the soundtrack.

Nintendo Maniac 64

Smash Apprentice
Um... I have all the brstm files... but this isn't exactly something I should discuss here, is it? I can at least give the keyword hint of "Smash Bros. Brawl Music ripped from the game disc (314 tracks)"

Only issue is that there appears to be no seeders anymore... seems the original BRSTM one has fallen into disuse now that there are MP3 ones everywhere. (the audiophile in me is screaming right now) And I cannot seed since I've renamed and reorganized the BRSTM files to my own liking.

Top Bottom