• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

hypersonic65

Smash Cadet
Bomberman 64: The Second Attack! - Miheale Theme II By hypersonic65 - DEMO
Lately, exporting files as WAV and then converting them into BRSM has for some reason wrecked my loop points. So I tried exporting as MP3 and then to BRSTM. The loop was about the same as I had edited it as, but there was a scratch noise at the loop.
Has anyone else had this problem, or is it just me?
(I did this at 2:00 AM (Pacific Time). I have no life:()

Xyless

Smash Master
I've got a few, I'll upload them later.

I've got a problem though, which I'm sure has been solved, but I can't find an answer. When I try to make a victory song (let's say for MK), my game freezes. The file I use is a WAV file, and I am making the BRSTM with Dantarion's GUI. I notice that all of the other victory songs have no description, while mine says Unknown/Unknown (it's a wav after all). When I try to remove the description the GUI dies.

So anyone know what is wrong?

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Personally, I use Goldwave and Androu1's tool.

I would recommend using Goldwave to convert the WAV to MP3 before doing anything.

Also, you are allowed to use looping/"victory" themes anywhere, even in victory themes or even the Game Over theme!

As an example, my looping Victory Themes are:
:yoshi: Goal & Score (Score loops)
:kirby2: Air Ride Results (Results loop)
:falcon: CAPTAIN FALCON: Forever He Will Be Our Hero
:metaknight: MetaKnight's Revenge Ending
Game Over replacement: "The Fall" F-Zero GX Retire ("Victory" style. In other words, doesn't loop.)

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
I've got a few, I'll upload them later.

I've got a problem though, which I'm sure has been solved, but I can't find an answer. When I try to make a victory song (let's say for MK), my game freezes. The file I use is a WAV file, and I am making the BRSTM with Dantarion's GUI. I notice that all of the other victory songs have no description, while mine says Unknown/Unknown (it's a wav after all). When I try to remove the description the GUI dies.

So anyone know what is wrong?
Make sure you're not playing the song when you click Replace. And don't use WAV. xD mp3 is bettar.

GenoGar

Smash Apprentice
ThatGuyYouMightKnow said:
And don't use WAV. xD mp3 is bettar.
Never had a problem with WAVs. I don't usually edit MP3s since it adds silence to the beginning and end whenever I trim/edit it while WAVs do not. I can loop with surgical precision right on the sample with WAVs because I can clear silence on the dot to a 14336 multiple.

For video game OSTs, I usually don't need to export to WAVs since it does not matter where I loop since it's the same song played over and over again.

So meh... most of the time, I would say WAV > MP3.

---

Here's a quick one...

Touhou 11 Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion [NEUTRAL2 - Doppleman Arrangement] By GenoGar

My Norfair and Brinstar songs are all Nuclear Fusion arrangements...

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Personally, I use Goldwave and Androu1's tool.
Yeah, remember how I was like "OMG DANT'S TOOL IS AMAZING" on the IRC?

Well that was for a reason. Use that instead of Androu1's. It supports stereo and you don't have to cite the loop points if you don't want to. I dunno if Androu1's tool does because it was updated and doesn't let me set stereo or looping. Otherwise if you just prefer it then be my guest. Sort-of. :p

WAVs seem to come in less quality than mp3 for me. I dunno. I can tolerate the space at the beginning though, that's always there. Makes trimming easier.

Some of the MadWorld OST.

MadWorld OST - It's a Mad World By TGYMK - DEMO

MadWorld OST - Move By TGYMK - DEMO

MadWorld OST - You Don't Know Me By TGYMK - DEMO

MadWorld OST - Soul By TGYMK - DEMO

MadWorld OST - Crimson Rain By TGYMK - DEMO

MadWorld OST - Look Pimpin! By TGYMK - DEMO

MadWorld OST - Come With It By TGYMK - DEMO

timothyung

Smash Ace
I use Audacity plus Androu1's tool, and I can set loop points and do stereo with no problem at all, other than having a problem if I set the loop point at 0. I just set the loop point at 14336 to fix it.

And wav is lossless while mp3 is lossy. wav>mp3 in quality.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
I CBA to set loop points. For me it's faster and easier to just trim the song slightly and have it loop properly that way. I can have my song introduce itself and still sound great as a loop that way.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Quoting because these links were updated, as the old ones on the OP are broken now.

Nintendo Maniac 64

Smash Apprentice
I gotta ask - has CyberGlitch died or something? D:

I like to randomly check up and see if some of my older songs have finally gotten listed, which some still haven't yet (I made this post listing my missing songs back on page 3 - there's also some newer ones still not listed). It's been more than a month now... did I miss a memo or something?

And guys, if WAV ain't cutting it for some reason, use FLAC - it's the same as WAV, but with a smaller filesize (though it takes longer to encode - hence why plain uncompressed WAV is good for general WIP audio editing).

GenoGar

Smash Apprentice
ThatGuyYouMightKnow said:
WAVs seem to come in less quality than mp3 for me. I dunno. I can tolerate the space at the beginning though, that's always there. Makes trimming easier.
The extra silence at the beginning of an MP3 throws off very specific loop points. It's not that I can't tolerate hearing the silence... it's because 14336 is such a frustrating number to work with and MP3s adds a set amount of silence regardless of how much you trim.

-

Nintendo Maniac 64 said:
I gotta ask - has CyberGlitch died or something? D:
The thread is very much alive... Sometimes I wish this was a wiki page so anyone can update it. Most likely CyberGlitch is very busy.

-

I have to ask everyone....

I'm using Soundbooth CS4 for the editing... any clear advantages in using Audacity?

duckypwns

Smash Cadet
hey, a request for Mt. Tamaranch from Link's Awakening and ... Injection by Rise Against.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
my dissidia-final fantasy-cosmos victory isn't on the front page yet.

....well, it's actually TGYMK's, but w/e

Marcellus Caesar

Smash Rookie
If anyone is interested, a friend and I made some loops of mixes and original songs for use in Brawl. You can find it at:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C36LGNB3

Here's a list of the loops...

Videogame Music
Assassin's Creed - Access the Animus (Remix by TLZ101) by Jesper Kyd - DEMO
An Untitled Story - Countdown by Matt Thorson - DEMO
Baten Kaitos: Origins - The True Mirror (Orchestral Version) by Motoi Sakuraba - DEMO
Blast Corps - Cromlech Court by David Wise - DEMO
Blast Corps - Echo Marches by David Wise - DEMO
Blast Corps - Simian Acres by David Wise - DEMO
Cave Story - Ball of Ballos by Tackle - DEMO
F-Zero GX - Challenge of the Bloody Chain by Hidenori Shoji - DEMO
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - Last End by Kōji Kondō - DEMO
Mega Man X: Command Mission - Epsilon (Movement Mix by Croi) by Shinya Okada - DEMO 1 / DEMO 2
Mother 3 - Time Passage by Shogo Sakai - DEMO
Perfect Dark Zero - Rooftops Escape - Main Theme by David Clynick - DEMO
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - The Steel Samurai (Cadenza Version) by Magical Trick Society - DEMO
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2: Explorers of Time/Darkness - Primal Dialga (Dark Dialga Remix) by PokeRemixStudios - DEMO
Sonic & Knuckles - Doomsday Zone by Jun Senoue - DEMO
Sonic Adventure - Crazy Robo by Fumie Kumatani - DEMO
Sonic Adventure 2 - Supporting Me by Fumie Kumatani - DEMO
Sonic Heroes - What I'm Made Of by Crush 40 - DEMO
Super Bomberman 2 - Plasma Bomber's Stage by Yashuhiko Fukuda - DEMO (very poor quality)
Super Mario Galaxy - Final Bowser Battle by Kōji Kondō - DEMO
Super Mario Galaxy - Purple Coins by Kōji Kondō - DEMO
Super Mario Galaxy - Toy Time Galaxy by Kōji Kondō - DEMO
Super Smash Bros. - Vs. Metal Mario by Hirokazu Ando - DEMO

Anime Music
Death Note - Low of Solipsism by Yoshihisa Hirano and Hideki Taniuchi - DEMO

Original Music
Monolith by Affinity - DEMO (poor quality)
Sandstorm by Darude - DEMO
Alice by F*gottron - DEMO
Ingenuity! by F*gottron - DEMO
Space Space Shooter (D-Warp Speed Run 2007) by Kick & Punch - DEMO
Balalaika by Kusumi Koharu - DEMO
F*ck It (We'll Do It Live) by OffBeatEarth - DEMO
CNR by "Weird Al" Yankovic - DEMO

VysetheLegend

Smash Apprentice
If it goes a couple more days without updating, I might have to accelerate my plans to add a music section to the gallery.

Nintendo Maniac 64

Smash Apprentice
Hmm... you're right. It's volume is 91db, and it can be normalized to 2.2db which would give it 93.2db, quite close to what seems to be Brawl's average of 94db. I'll see if I can make a "Sane Volume ver."

EDIT: Here ya go. All I did was normalize the audio, bringing it up to 93.3db average. If it's still too quiet, I'll have to do some fancy dynamic-range compression stuff (clipping is EVIL - avoid it at all costs).

Super Mario 64 Slider (Audiophile ver.) By Nintendo Maniac 64 - DEMO

And for any (other) audiophiles out there, this was taken from the Mario 64 OST (in lossless) and not ripped from the previously-mentioned BRSTM.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
It's still quiet..... it's better than before..but it's still really quiet compared to the default songs in brawl...

timothyung

Smash Ace
Just get the remix sage, it's even more awesome
Nevertheless, I'll check the problem of the song

EDIT:
OK, I know why. If you check the wave, you'll notice that a few parts have significantly higher volume than any other parts of the song. Use the leveller @ moderate, -80dB should work well. That will reduce the volume of the overly loud parts. Then you can amplify it. The result would be awesome.

EDITEDIT:
I'll show you pics:
wav ripped from your brstm:
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/5672/beforey.png
notice the noticeably louder parts.

after leveller and amplify:
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/9598/afterd.png
as you see, the average volume is greatly increased.

Nintendo Maniac 64

Smash Apprentice
^^I realize that, but I wanted to start on the simple side of things (plain-old normalization) before going to more extreme measures.

Also remember about the audiophile part as well? I like to try to keep the dynamic range if I can, and since N64 music was synthesized on the fly, it couldn't use any dynamic range compression and over-amplification that's so popular in this "loudness war" stuff these days. In a way, this can make the cartridge-based consoles have higher quality audio (especially if you emulate SNES music @ 192KHz and 32bits :p)

So basically, the reason it's quieter than brawl's music is that it actually has more dynamic range, which is a POSITIVE quality that's becoming quite rare today. Even though it goes against my principles, I'll see what I can do...

Nintendo Maniac 64

Smash Apprentice
Um... wat. You DO have Brawl's in-game music-sound balance put more volume for music, right? I explained in an earlier post that for whatever reason Nintendo's newer 1st party games (like Mario Kart Wii) have the sound effects loud enough that you almost can't hear the music. Also note that make sure you're comparing a song's volume to Brawl's default songs (not the menu, final destination, battlefield, or melee songs though; they're some of the loudest in the game) and not other custom songs.

Either way, I've made a truly sane volume ver. that's at 94.3db now, which is right at my own personal volume target (~94db) and have renamed the original version to "Audiophile ver." (I've also renamed the previous post with the song link).

Super Mario 64 Slider (Audiophile ver.) By Nintendo Maniac 64 - DEMO
Super Mario 64 Slider (Sane Volume ver.) By Nintendo Maniac 64 - DEMO

If you still think it's not loud enough, then try comparing to a different Brawl song or something.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
yes I have music louder.

but the entire song is quieter than smb3 on yoshi's island pipes.

and all the other songs in the game.

EDIT: so which one has more "variety" in the dynamics?

Nintendo Maniac 64

Smash Apprentice
EDIT: so which one has more "variety" in the dynamics?
The audiophile version of course. :p But it's so minute that I don't think anyone would be able to tell the difference if they were played back at the same volume (it's a principle thing, alright?)

But quieter than any of the songs in the game? O_o You sure about that? I know several F-Zero GX songs are noticeably quieter than other Brawl songs - it's even quieter than those? I may have to investigate this myself...

Xyless

Smash Master
Not sure if it's been asked, but would it be possible to replace the announcer's voice at all? I want to replace when he says "Peach" with "Daisy" (like "winner is Peach" or whatever).

Top Bottom