• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Just so you know, Cowboy Bepop-Rush! And Final Fantasy X-Enemy Battle (Boss Attack) are STILL switched.

Er, the download links, I mean. Idk about the videos.

Lil'E

Smash Apprentice
It's not like he hasn't been online either.

Last Activity: Today 04:53 PM

He could at least give a reason as to why he won't update the thread or notify us that he no longer has the time or ability to continue running this thread and request that another member take over.

Craeter

Smash Apprentice
I've made brstms of a few songs but I'm not going to upload them if they just get lost in this thread, or if a new thread has to be made I'll wait and put them there.

However if cyber were to update it I'd probably consider some uploading right now.. *shrug*

GenoGar

Smash Apprentice
Hmm... so far I've been using lossy versions of a few songs... I'm thinking about redoing all my submissions so that they...

1) Have a reasonable volume
2) Are obtained from lossless sources
3) Loop seamlessly.

Anyone know if Brawl lowers the quality to lossy when it's in a BRSTM format? I don't want to shove a couple gigs for something very negligible.

And what's the dB level I should shoot for?

Daakun

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure it's lossless.
It'd be ******** to make low quality music unavoidable with their SDK.

timothyung

Smash Ace
Last time I checked, brstm is lossy.
But if you just redo it once, there should only be a negligible difference.

EDIT:
F-Zero Big Blue - S.S.H. By timothyung - [/color]DEMO

I know it has been done already, Nintendo Maniac also did a good job, but I am not satisfied... so I did this, which I did not cut any part of the song. But it loops well.

Nintendo Maniac 64

Smash Apprentice
Anyone know if Brawl lowers the quality to lossy when it's in a BRSTM format? I don't want to shove a couple gigs for something very negligible.
While it is lossy, remember that going lossy to lossy is 2x the lossy, which is typically worse than lossless to lossy or lossy to lossless. Either way, depending on how good of quality your lossy audio is at you may not hear a difference.

For the dB level it's 94-96dB
Note that the current version of Brawl Custom Song Maker GUI normalizes audio, so if you de-amplify anything it'll just get re-amplified. You may need to do some dynamic range expansion and declipping and possibly use version 1.4 of the app which adds 1db of headroom.

F-Zero Big Blue - S.S.H. By timothyung - DEMO

I know it has been done already, Nintendo Maniac also did a good job, but I am not satisfied... so I did this, which I did not cut any part of the song. But it loops well.
Hey, my version only cut off the outro which is a very standard procedure when making looping edits. And I'm sorry but I just cannot agree with the green-star ranking for looping - green is for seamless edited looping, which this isn't. If anything I think it'd be a plain white star, which is "Full song: Loops pretty well despite minimal editing".

timothyung

Smash Ace
You're right, but I don't know what is the definition of "minimal editing".
Though I think mine loops seamlessly... I guess that's just personal preference.

Mit

Smash Ace
I really hope this hasn't been asked before-I'm guessing it hasn't because you guys are all so focused on new music, but is there a way to just swap around songs from Brawl's soundtrack? Like, I want to take a couple songs from the awful climbing DK stage (because it has two of the best songs on the soundtrack), and swap them with Jungle Japes music (which has two pretty awful tracks).

Is there an easy way of doing this or will I have to obtain the brstms and file replace them? If so, is there somewhere that I can download those?

Mit

Smash Ace
^^Yes, in fact there is a way!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=221814

I used it to get that Brinstar music out of Norfair, and to put "Frozen Hillside" on the Summit. Note that these changes stay even without booting through Gecko OS.
Thanks! I thought there was something like that available, didn't know where it was, though. Guess they still never figured out that online issue though, I'll have to be on the lookout for that.

Also, swapping music doesn't affect any Brawl mods does it? I play BBrawl almost exclusively these days.

Top Bottom