• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ (Competitive Hacks): Codes, Videos, and Discussion (THREAD OUT OF DATE)

OK'Ssuka?

Smash Cadet
Hello guys. Sorry if this post is a Combo Breaker to your current discussion, but here are the vids ever since the previous post with the long list of videos. Sorry if these vids are old news...heh.

0WN1N (Lucas) VS. ANTZ! (Falco)

Nox (Falcon) vs Messi (Marth) WD/SC 1

0WN1N (Ike) VS. ANTZ! (Link) 1

0WN1N (DK) VS. ANTZ! (Peach) 1

0WN1N (DK) VS. ANTZ! (Peach) 2

SSBB - Oct 18 SFU Smashfest Hacked Brawl part 1

SSBB - Oct 18 SFU Smashfest Hacked Brawl part 2

SSBB - Oct 18 SFU Smashfest Hacked Brawl part 3

SSBB - Oct 18 SFU Smashfest Hacked Brawl part 4

SSBB - Oct 18 SFU Smashfest Hacked Brawl part 5

SSBB - Oct 18 SFU Smashfest Hacked Brawl part 6

SSBB - Oct 18 SFU Smashfest Hacked Brawl part 7

SSBB - Oct 18 SFU Smashfest Hacked Brawl part 8

Brawl+ - ChiboSempai (Diddy) vs Wind Owl (Ike)

Brawl+ - ChiboSempai (MetaKnight) vs Wind Owl (Ganondorf)

Brawl+ - ChiboSempai (Pokemon Trainer) vs Wind Owl (Ike)

Brawl+ - ChiboSempai (ROB) vs Wind Owl (Sheik)

Brawl+ - ChiboSempai (Toon Link) vs Wind Owl (Bowser)

Brawl+ - ChiboSempai (Toon Link) vs Wind Owl (Ganondorf)

Brawl+ - ChiboSempai (Captain Falcon) vs Wind Owl (Ganondorf)

0WN1N (Marth) VS. ANTZ! (Mario)

0WN1N (Ness) VS. ANTZ! (Falco)

0WN1N (Bowser) VS. ANTZ! (Wario)

0WN1N (Falco) VS. ANTZ! (Yoshi)

0WN1N (TL) VS. ANTZ! (Samus)

0WN1N (Sonic) VS. ANTZ! (Mario)

0WN1N (Luigi) VS. ANTZ! (ICs)

0WN1N (CF) VS. ANTZ! (Ganondorf) 1

0WN1N (CF) VS. ANTZ! (Ganondorf) 2

0WN1N (CF) VS. ANTZ! (Ganondorf) 3

0WN1N (Snake) VS. ANTZ! (DDD)

Super Combos in Training Mode Part 1 (hitstun hack)

SSBB Yagi (Fox) vs. BFB (PT) S-Cancel and Wavedash

SSBB Yagi (Fox) vs. BFB (Bowser) S-Cancel and Wavedash

Brawl+ Rob Tricks

LeeHarris Hacked Brawl Combo Video

Super Combos in Training Mode Part 2 (hitstun hack)

Redonkulous 2 - Green Machine (A DK Combo Video)

Kanzaki Brawl+ Vids

DK DAIR AWESOMESAUCE OF AWESOME

Brawl+ Problem2 (Fox) vs Art (Diddy)

Brawl+ Problem2 (Marth) vs Art (Ness)

Brawl+ Problem2 (Falcon) vs Art (Ness)

Computers Love Brawl+ Too

Samus vs Ike Brawl+

Brawl+: Almas (Jiggs) and Phear (DK) vs Kais (Falco) and Halo (Marth) 1

Brawl+: Almas (Fox) and Phear (DK) vs Kais (Falco) and Halo (Toony) 2

Brawl+: Almas (Jiggs) and Phear (DK) vs Kais (Falco) and Halo (Ike) 3

Brawl+: Halo (Toony) vs Phear (Donkey Kong)

Brawl+: Halo (Toony) vs Almas (Fox)

BRAWL+ Match Kirby vs Boswer

Brawl + match Link vs Marth

Falco vs DK Brawl+

kupo (Falcon) vs MeEPO (Fox)

vkupo (Ganon) vs MeEPO (Fox)

Brawl+ Falcon(AxL) Wolf(Cero)

BRAWL+ (Finnz7) Link vs (J-Rod) ToonLink

BRAWL+ (Finnz7) Ganon vs (J-Rod) ToonLink

Brawl+ footage

Brawl+ Sagemoon(pit) vs Fear(mario) 1.1

Brawl+ Sagemoon(pit) vs Fear(mario) 1.2

Brawl+ Sagemoon(pit) vs Fear(mario) 1.3

Brawl+ Sagemoon(pit) vs Fear(mario) 1.4

Brawl+ Sagemoon(pit) vs Fear(mario) 1.5

Brawl+ Sagemoon(pit) vs Fear(mario) 1.6

Brawl+ Sagemoon(pit) vs Fear(mario) 1.7

I'll get around to organizing this list a bit later.

Once again, sorry, continue with your discussion.

Almas

Smash Lord
Great list, thanks for trudging through the posts to get it all together. I'll see if I can find some quality material to post, should be playing over the next couple of days.

kupo15

Smash Hero
^^This. Half of the combos in melee are the result of people DIing the wrong way because they didn't know what move they were being hit with. Brawl's hitlag makes it possible to actually just look at what move you are being hit by and DI correctly every time.
Wow this is so true. Hit lag must be shorter.

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
I guess it would speed up the game quite a bit too, seeing as how multi-hit moves can take a couple of days to get through at times coughturtlecough.

BTW good work, OK'Ssuka. Makes finding vids a ton easier.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I guess it would speed up the game quite a bit too, seeing as how multi-hit moves can take a couple of days to get through at times coughturtlecough.

BTW good work, OK'Ssuka. Makes finding vids a ton easier.
It would def speed up the game and the hitlag on CFs knee won't be so terrible!

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
I just tried the speed modifier. Very cool. Unfortunately, in addition to what starscream noted, I also found that it can cause a freeze in certain situations. I was ganon, in the middle of a dair, when olimar tried to do... something, and it froze. I posted this on the hacker's forum, so eh... it might get fixed. It might not. It's certainly not a code we need, albeit it is a cool one.

And yes, we desperately need to reduce hitlag...

MBlaze

Smash Champion
I just tried the speed modifier. Very cool. Unfortunately, in addition to what starscream noted, I also found that it can cause a freeze in certain situations. I was ganon, in the middle of a dair, when olimar tried to do... something, and it froze. I posted this on the hacker's forum, so eh... it might get fixed. It might not. It's certainly not a code we need, albeit it is a cool one.

And yes, we desperately need to reduce hitlag...
Yes we do, that is mad annoying. So let me get things clear here, all we really need is that, dash dance code and a shield stun code or modifier and we have everything we majorly need?

Revven

FrankerZ
im getting confuse, whats the differences b/t hitstun and hitlag
Hitlag is like the time you get to react in order to DI. CF's knee for example has a ton of hitlag with the sweetspot allowing you to realize what you've been hit with and DI correctly to survive where as with a flub, you can't react as well to it and are left surprised due to so little hitlag. Same with Zelda's Fair/Bair and DK's Fsmash to name a few.

Heavyarms2050

Smash Ace
Hitlag is like the time you get to react in order to DI. CF's knee for example has a ton of hitlag with the sweetspot allowing you to realize what you've been hit with and DI correctly to survive where as with a flub, you can't react as well to it and are left surprised due to so little hitlag. Same with Zelda's Fair/Bair and DK's Fsmash to name a few.
man that sound almost as bad as n64 smash

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
im getting confuse, whats the differences b/t hitstun and hitlag
Hitstun is the state in which you cannot control your character after you're hit. Hitlag is the state right before you go flying.

From the melee terms thread:
Hitlag and Freeze Frames: Each attack has a few frames of hit lag during which the attack connects (usually just one, but sometimes as high as 2-3). During this time your character is frozen in place, but DI can still be inputted. This property has lead to the practice of Smash DI.
edit:
Falco400 said:
Eh... falcon's knee or zelda's toe aren't actually hitlag, though. That's a whole other animation, which I'm not sure if it comes before or after true hitlag. You can't smash DI during that animation, whereas you can smash DI during true hitlag. Marth's fsmash also has something similar, where you bounce back and forth a few times before you're sent flying. Before we even begin to edit true hitlag, we need to remove this fake hitlag, first. If it turns out that this fake hitlag is the problem, then we won't need to worry about editing the true hitlag.

Revven

FrankerZ
I don't know whether or not I posted these videos before Thanksgiving break but, if I did, I apologize (however... I believe I didn't). This was BEFORE hitstun 2.0 and ALC came out so I was using S-Canceling, MAD, No Tripping, and longer replays. Bare in mind, it was TJ's first time playing Brawl+.

0WN1N (CF) VS. TJ (Ganondorf) 1
0WN1N (CF) VS. TJ (Ganondorf) 2 (Note the Nair > WD> Nair > missed Jab later on, looked SOO sexy, imagine if I got it off it would've led to a grab).
0WN1N (CF) VS. TJ (Ganondorf) 3
0WN1N (Snake) VS. TJ (DDD)
0WN1N (DK) VS. TJ (CF)
0WN1N (Independent PT) VS. TJ (Yoshi)

And that was it from our session on the 15th of November... I'm going to try and have him over again this weekend where hopefully, I'll be able to get up two hours of footage. :)

kupo15

Smash Hero
A message from Phantom Wings

I thought it would be a great idea to share this PM I received for you guys. I am quite relieved because I thought for sure we were doomed with Phantom but I didn't want to tell you guys that :p:

Cool to see that there are some people out there who are into the hacked brawls. :)And there are even some tournaments too.

Right now with the Christmas rush going on I've been pretty busy(the mere fact that I havn't been on too much lately proves that) so I may not be able to do anything until after things quiet down again - I'll see about giving these a try this week, but there's no guarantees.

I can, however, tell you of what I think about the possibility of these codes.

1. No lag when grabbing ledges:
Should be easily achievable with a couple of handlers to remove the timers until you can act.

2. No auto sweetspot ledges :
Should also be pretty easy providing there's a consistent value used for rising while in an Up-B(which I think there is)

3. Sliding up b's:
May be a bit difficult - in the worst case scenario, I'll have to use an action replacement.

4. No buffering:
May be possible. I've seen the buffer system for control and it all depends on weather there's anything read from the previous spaces in the buffer...

I'll see about getting onto these sometime - at worst, you won't see anything until after Christmas.

SGX

Smash Journeyman
I'm still really wondering about increasing jump height + gravity code. Using gravity mods on their own is definitely not the solution. Also the keeping momentum while jumping code...that would be really nice as well.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I'm still really wondering about increasing jump height + gravity code. Using gravity mods on their own is definitely not the solution. Also the keeping momentum while jumping code...that would be really nice as well.
But what about MK? Can you imagine him doing a 0-death with his Fair alone when that move doesn't combo? I think if anything, that hack should only apply to CF but thats my opinion

Starscream

Smash Ace
But what about MK? Can you imagine him doing a 0-death with his Fair alone when that move doesn't combo? I think if anything, that hack should only apply to CF but thats my opinion
**** MK, he's always going to be broken. Momentum with jump benefits every character, it would be silly to not use it just because of MK.

And totally get rid of the fast falling dairs from C-stick. Aside from that, I don't really see a problem.

Osi

Smash Ace
I thought it would be a great idea to share this PM I received for you guys. I am quite relieved because I thought for sure we were doomed with Phantom but I didn't want to tell you guys that :p:
This is awesome new Kupo!!!!! the edge game was one of my major dislikes with brawl, so fixing the easy aspects of it is great! I can't even begin to tell you how much I am looking forward to this code set. This will lead to much faster matches too!

kupo15

Smash Hero
This is awesome new news Kupo!!!!! the edge game was one of my major dislikes with brawl, so fixing the easy aspects of it is great! I can't even begin to tell you how much I am looking forward to this code set. This will lead to much faster matches too!
Fixed lol

I was really excited that PW even PMed me back and is still interested. I showed him Mookies posts and tourney fliers which got PW excited I think. Too bad nerfed shields arent in here since I asked someone else to do it while PW was not around which i dont think he is interested so grrr. But after this code set shield stun definitely...

Osi

Smash Ace
Fixed lol

I was really excited that PW even PMed me back and is still interested. I showed him Mookies posts and tourney fliers which got PW excited I think. Too bad nerfed shields arent in here since I asked someone else to do it while PW was not around which i dont think he is interested so grrr. But after this code set shield stun definitely...
Tnx for the fix lol, I didn't notice it at all... a bit tipsy atm. I would like shield stun too, but edge game fixed is way higher on my list. I can't wait to be able to edge guard with spikes again! This should help samus/falcon/ganon a ton if you can edge spike. Samus in particular has a giant hitbox on her spike, so that should be fun!

kupo15

Smash Hero
What about Marth? Can you imagine him flying through the air as fast as his dash spamming Fairs? Or is that ok for him also? Also imagine for those who want WDing. Imagine being Ike or ganon or Bowser and using the momentum from your WD to fly through the air faster than your run speed. Just some things to think about

zxeon

Smash Lord
What about Marth? Can you imagine him flying through the air spamming Fairs? Or is that ok for him also? Also imagine for those who want WDing. Imagine being Ike or ganon or Bowser and using the momentum from your WD to fly through the air faster than your run speed. Just some things to think about
Why not? Marth is cool. Thats the way it was in Melee (jump speed not the WD stuff). I think we can deal.

On the other hand metaknight doesn't need to get any better than he was when the game shipped.

Boxob.

Smash Lord
Everyone said the same thing about heavy chars with L cancel.

Could you imagine Marth flying through the air spamming fair? Yeah, watch any video of Ken. LOL.

The point is to foster aggressive and competitive play, of course Marth would be crazy, of course MK will combo like a *****. That's the point.

:093:

kupo15

Smash Hero
Everyone said the same thing about heavy chars with L cancel.

Could you imagine Marth flying through the air spamming fair? Yeah, watch any video of Ken. LOL.

The point is to foster aggressive and competitive play, of course Marth would be crazy, of course MK will combo like a *****. That's the point.

But the difference is, Marth in melee didn't fly through the air at the same speed as his dash

Boxob.

Smash Lord
Yea I know but thats not the point. The point is they don't need it yet we will give it to them anyway?
It'd be nice, I don't see why they took it out in the first place. It's not like it's going to break the game, have you ever actually played Melee? Combos flow better and are possible largely because the attacker can keep up with his opponent that he's knocking around the stage.

I think it would be great. Remember, a large majority of people treat Brawl+ as an entirely new game, as it should be.

kupo15

Smash Hero
It'd be nice, I don't see why they took it out in the first place. It's not like it's going to break the game, have you ever actually played Melee? Combos flow better and are possible largely because the attacker can keep up with his opponent that he's knocking around the stage.

I think it would be great. Remember, a large majority of people treat Brawl+ as an entirely new game, as it should be.

Naw! I only mained marth in melee. Do I need to show credentials everywhere I go? And attacks also flowed better because they didn't knock ppl halfway across the stage at 20% and the gravity was higher and maybe because that game was intended to have those combos and be competitive. Have you actually played melee?

/sarcasm

Boxob.

Smash Lord
>_>

Anyway, Momentum from running would really change the game, which would make me want to play it. It would also encourage other people to play it, because it would be new and fresh. If people want a tweaked fixed version of Brawl, they can do just that. If they want a fighting game under the same name, but completely different, they could hack the **** out of it. I personally, would LOVE to run around as sonic, full running speed fairing things to death.

timothyung

Smash Ace
Someone should first convert all these codes into JP and PAL version or Brawl+ will never go worldwide...
Sorry if this has already been said before.

Boxob.

Smash Lord
Welcome to Smash World Forums, Tim.

As of right now, I don't think getting Brawl+ world wide is as much of a concern. First, we need to have a finalized version of every code, SBR rule set would be nice, just to set a standard. There's no use in advertising an unfinished product, you know?

Top Bottom