• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ (Competitive Hacks): Codes, Videos, and Discussion (THREAD OUT OF DATE)

Starscream

Smash Ace
Broly can't fully utilize both his hands. He wiggles her left arm to move the charter, wiggles his right thumb on the C-stick, and use this chin for the B-button. For crying out loud, he lays down on the those large dragging cart you see in Home Depo.
Probably should have mentioned that in your first post about him...

While that's very unfortunate and I hope the guy lives a fulfilling life despite his handicap, I don't think we should tailor Brawl+'s code set to very specific and extremely rare instances or handicaps even if half landing lag does becomes the standard.

And please get rid of buffer system, it's totally lame.

kupo15

Smash Hero
So if you don't need to do it for some the others do not count as precision? How lenient is the timing for the cancel? Pretty close to Melee?
No the auto cancel timing is really easy to do. And we should stop comparing auto canceling to l canceling because they are not related in any way, shape, or form.
I was actually thinking of maybe G&W, Kirby, Bowser and Mario's Dair when they hit the ground. For instance, the hit when they hit the ground, does it cancel before the move comes out? I don't remember if Mario's Dair hits if you land it when he spins, or if Kirby does the twist kick at the end like in Melee, when G&W slams the key down after he lands. Does the move still come out and then the L cancel happens?
No it does not. They still happen

And please get rid of buffer system, it's totally lame.
Working on it :ohwell:

Kix

Smash Journeyman
No the auto cancel timing is really easy to do. And we should stop comparing auto canceling to l canceling because they are not related in any way, shape, or form.

No it does not. They still happen
I'm sold then.

Osi

Smash Ace
I'll be posting a lot more next weekend... my wii stays at work till then lol. All my footage is from our before/after work sessions.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
Yeah it was too much hitstun i agree. After those matches we went down to 10% but they werent recorded. Although it seems like 11.75% is being tested currently. Idk, but I will be recording more vids of brawl+ soon. (any suggestion on code set ups?)

kupo15

Smash Hero
Yeah it was too much hitstun i agree. After those matches we went down to 10% but they werent recorded. Although it seems like 11.75% is being tested currently. Idk, but I will be recording more vids of brawl+ soon. (any suggestion on code set ups?)
11.75% is being tested if you don't use s canceling and MAD and brawls reg grav (which you do)

Ill be looking at your matches ^_^

I suggest trying

no trip
ALC
Hitstun 11.75%

(you asked for a suggestion ^_^)

Heavyarms2050

Smash Ace
11.75% is being tested if you don't use s canceling and MAD and brawls reg grav (which you do)

I suggest trying

no trip
ALC
Hitstun 11.75%

i still say 11.75% is too much as well. I think11.50% will be just right

Osi

Smash Ace

I suggest trying

no trip
ALC
Hitstun 11.75%

I've been trying 11.75% now for a while too, it is pretty good. 10% feels like a much more ground game oriented hitstun built around set combos which are harder to hit, but also harder to get out of. 11.75 feels to help the game stay airborne a bit more, and I've found combos easier to do while being so much easier to escape also. Finding the right hitstun for tourneys will take so long hahahaha.

I'd suggest:
11.75% hitstun
MAD
Manual L Cancel
no tripping
no replay save limit

storm92

Smash Ace
Honestly I don't think it will take that much longer to find a correct hitstun. If we find something broken with 11.75%, we lower it down to some other number and test if it still works there.
I have yet to find anything worse than Fox's combos, but even those can be escaped in some cases or at least made harder by good DI.
It's like Melee, for me at least.

Osi

Smash Ace
Honestly I don't think it will take that much longer to find a correct hitstun. If we find something broken with 11.75%, we lower it down to some other number and test if it still works there.
I have yet to find anything worse than Fox's combos, but even those can be escaped in some cases or at least made harder by good DI.
I was stunned by how good hitstun made fox in brawl lol.

MuBa

Smash Lord
I mean do you atleast know if i can install homebrew on 3.4 or downgrade in some way?
Yes you can but it is crucial for you to also downgrade your Wii because 3.4 automatically updates your Wii and for all we know it may have an update that will delete the HBC. So be prepared to install a bunch of files in your SD card.

First of all download "twilight-hack-v0.1-beta2.zip" so you can install the HBC:

http://hbc.hackmii.com/download/

-------

Once you did that THEN you've got some downgrading to do...if you want to be able to install WADS and play burned games that aren't even out in the US or any game in general...

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=112945

Look in the "Downgrading/Upgrading Firmware Guide" section.

Also you'll need the IOS and cIOS downgrader. If you have any questions or couldn't find any files just AIM me and I'll send it to you.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Yes you can but it is crucial for you to also downgrade your Wii because 3.4 automatically updates your Wii and for all we know it may have an update that will delete the HBC. So be prepared to install a bunch of files in your SD card.

First of all download "twilight-hack-v0.1-beta2.zip" so you can install the HBC:

http://hbc.hackmii.com/download/

Once you did that THEN you've got some downgrading to do...

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=112945

Look in the "Downgrading/Upgrading Firmware Guide" section.

Also you'll need the IOS and cIOS downgrader. If you have any questions or couldn't find any files just AIM me and I'll send it to you.

....i love you (no h0m0)

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
Sorry to resurrect dead horses for beating, but some of the points made a few posts back weren't properly addressed (IMO).

If you want to skip this WoT, and the argument in general, refer to my post made for that very purpose.

Another reason I'm at odds with the Auto argument is that there are plenty of techniques out there that everyone perhaps should be doing all the time, but that they don't wether out of personal preference, because theyre too lazy or whatever. Like Doop walking for some chars. As of now, it seems doop walking with marth and link is superior in every way to walking(and even dashing for link, I believe). But they still walk.

Even if its a small, and even stupid choice, I still think the player should have the choice. I don't see how it is just a random mistake variable. It is dependent on the human.
I'm not even sure what doop walking is (looked in the AT thread). I'm going to go ahead and guess that it's that turn around thingy. There are many more variables present in walking vs. other movement options, one being speed. Plenty of times I've simply walked backwards to bait an aerial and punish. Sure I could have turn-around-thingied, but the speed would effect spacing, not to mention the player's reaction based on seeing the difference in character movement. The point is, the vast majority of other AT's provide a valid reason for choice. L-canceling is not one of them. There is no choice here, people. There is only success vs failure in execution.

Lets say they wanted to eliminate human error more? How about we add a bit of autoaim to projectiles like Pit's arrows? They should be hitting all the time, but lets add some homing properties just to make sure it hits. Or lets make it so that you have some room for error with missing your moves. Because good players shouldn't be missing anyways, but just to make sure, lets allow it so that you can hit a few instances late and still make damage.
Good point, but not quite valid. Again, the key here is variables. If arrow's homed in all the time, that would be a problem, because you could no long fire arrows based on prediction. The choice of control is there because of the obvious benefit in firing arrows where they are going to be, not where they are. Making arrows manual adds depth to your arrow game.

This same concept applies to any other moves your try to pin the "auto" argument on. If and only if the situation is completely distillable down to A or B where A always wins, then you have an auto argument for A. This applies to L-cancel, not Pit's arrows, and not the following.

To continue my point, what about perfect shields. Should we make them automatic too? Perfect shielding isn't as essential to gameplay as L cancelling would be, but as far as I can tell there isn't a single instant where perfect shielding would be less beneficial than shielding normally. You would expect everyone to perfect shield everything, would you not?
The distinct drawback to attempting a perfect shield is failing it, and getting hit. If you choose to play it safe and shield early, you take no damage but sacrifice an opportunity. This is different from L-canceling.

The distinct drawback to attempting an L-cancel is failing it, and suffering lag. If you choose to play it safe and not L-cancel, you....guess what? Still suffer lag. The argument for autonomy applies to L-cancel for this obvious reason. Your making it more complicated by trying to extrapolate the situation into areas where it doesn't apply.

I'll even provide a more compelling counter point against my own for you: Why don't we make every move sweetspot? Obviously, we always go for the sweetspot, right? Wrong. Plenty of people use weak hits to combo, sweetspots to KO. Even if you personally always go for the sweetspot, even if not sweetspotting is "dumb", there still exists a reason not to sweetspot (lingering hitbox, weak hit that leads to combo).

Not sweetspotting has benefits. Powershield has risk/reward. L-cancel has neither.

Also, wouldn't L cancelling add some depth because the timing with certain characters is different than others? It's another thing you gotta learn to do well.
Another good point, and this was actually one of my arguments against ALC in the past. By this I mean the timing differences involved in L-canceling from different jumps, vs shielding, ect. But you are confusing depth with simple reaction time. Your ability to cancel is dependent on your reaction time to your position above the ground and your decent. Whether the timing varies or not, you are still trying to cancel. What you really mean to say is that L-cancel adds even more technicality based on timing in different situations. This is at the core of the technicality argument, which is one of the few arguments worth pursuing. I add my 2 cents on that below.

Meh w/e then, I personally don't like auto anything. But since everyone is in favor of the idea of having the game do something for you, who am I to argue.
The game does things for you all the time. It's all a balance of what should be focused on, and what should not. They could have made hitstun mashable for early escape, but they didn't. What they did make mashable are grab breaks. I wonder why? Was it a random decision? Or was it more due to the fact that you could go an entire match without being grabbed due to such a campy game, whereas your constantly using aerials? If you had to mash every single hit to minimize combos, you would do it, but would you like it? It's much more reasonable to have to mash a grab which is hard pressed to reach "chore" status.

We are taking this same concept into our hands, having the power of hacks to do so. We have the options to eliminate something many people believe is an unnecessary chore. It's an issue of gameplay balance. What do we want the metagame to focus on? We have the option to include a technicality such as L-cancel into the metagame. We must decide whether or not it needs to be there. The majority so far have decided that it brings little to the metagame, so should be made automatic.

You think auto-anything is "stupid" or "gay"? Let's go ahead and make all stun mashable. Let's make all ledges require a button press on contact. Let's make all multi-hit moves require a button press for all the hits, similar to marth's forwardB. Any number of things can be done to make the game more technical, but that doesn't mean you do them.

insertnamehere

Smash Rookie
Sorry to interdict in the MLC vs ALC debate, but this seemed like the best thread to ask this. Does anyone know if the code for altering the game speed as a whole has been discovered? I searched through the databases of known codes and couldn't quite find what I had in mind. I think a slight increase in game speed altogether might add a lot to Brawl+ (as anyone who has played the built-in Fast Brawl can attest).

kupo15

Smash Hero
You think auto-anything is "stupid" or "gay"? Let's go ahead and make all stun mashable. Let's make all ledges require a button press on contact. Let's make all multi-hit moves require a button press for all the hits, similar to marth's forwardB. Any number of things can be done to make the game more technical, but that doesn't mean you do them.
That is such a great point. There are some things that are automatic because they make the game better. When you hold left or right, the game automatically does multiple inputs to keep your character moving. Would you rather this not be automatic and you would have to tap left to move an inch? So that means instead of holding left to reach the end of FD, you have to tap left 100 times to get there. This is technical but its not fun and it doesn't make the game anymore competitive.

Yes Fox is quite good. The hard part is to DI in the direction Fox is facing when he does a Utilt because that is the most powerful DI you will get to escape that combo. Fox can easily change directions with the Utilt to make your DI go against you

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Sorry to interdict in the MLC vs ALC debate, but this seemed like the best thread to ask this. Does anyone know if the code for altering the game speed as a whole has been discovered? I searched through the databases of known codes and couldn't quite find what I had in mind. I think a slight increase in game speed altogether might add a lot to Brawl+ (as anyone who has played the built-in Fast Brawl can attest).
http://board.gscentral.org/showpost.php?p=131747&postcount=3310

I believe this is what you're looking for.

Igglyboo on that forum said:
This code is similar to what the speed changes in training mode do.

Character Speed [Igglyboo]
04766C20 60000000
48000000 8063D9E0
DE000000 80008180
140000A8 XXXXXXXX
E0000000 80008000

XXXXXXXX = Floating Point Number

0.05 = 3D4CCCCD
0.25 = 3E800000
0.5 = 3F000000
1.0 = 3F800000 (Normal Speed)
1.5 = 3FC00000
2.0 = 40000000
2.5 = 40200000
3.0 = 40400000
3.5 = 40600000
4.0 = 40800000
5.0 = 40A00000
6.0 = 40C00000
8.0 = 41000000
10.0 = 41200000
16.0 = 41800000
20.0 = 41A00000
32.0 = 42000000
64.0 = 42800000
100.0 = 42C80000

*using a negative number is pointless, it won't crash the game but you wont be able to move your character*

Starscream

Smash Ace
Wow, that speed code is actually pretty cool. Tried 1.1 speed, very fun. It's got some bad glitches though. Falco and Fox can't ledge jump. If you hold back with CF during the turn around animation of his dash he goes sliding backwards depending on how far you ran. And there's a really weird glitch with Fox. Usmash someone then whenever you start a dash and run for a couple steps you'll see yourself go back a couple steps. It's hard to describe. It's too bad because I think an ever so slight overall speed boost would be nice.

MuBa

Smash Lord
Wow, that speed code is actually pretty cool. Tried 1.1 speed, very fun. It's got some bad glitches though. Falco and Fox can't ledge jump. If you hold back with CF during the turn around animation of his dash he goes sliding backwards depending on how far you ran. And there's a really weird glitch with Fox. Usmash someone then whenever you start a dash and run for a couple steps you'll see yourself go back a couple steps. It's hard to describe. It's too bad because I think an ever so slight overall speed boost would be nice.
I tried the code out too and yes there is a weird glitch where Fox ends up being a couple of steps behind while retaining the same animation....it's like he teleported or something lol.

The code definitely needs some fixing and I for one thing support a little speed boost with character's attack because this also solves the problem of a faster fast fall.

Also when we do find the right speed it's going to be crucial that we lower the hitstun.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I tried the code out too and yes there is a weird glitch where Fox ends up being a couple of steps behind while retaining the same animation....it's like he teleported or something lol.

The code definitely needs some fixing and I for one thing support a little speed boost with character's attack because this also solves the problem of a faster fast fall.

Also when we do find the right speed it's going to be crucial that we lower the hitstun.
Are you actually considering this code to be apart of the brawl+ code set????

10no's

kupo15

Smash Hero
You do realize that this game is still broken and putting a band aid to cover it up still makes the game broken. I don't know why you are focusing all of your efforts towards cosmetic "fixes" when the game is still broken. But then again, we all know you want to make this game faster than MVC2...

MuBa

Smash Lord
You do realize that this game is still broken and putting a band aid to cover it up still makes the game broken. I don't know why you are focusing all of your efforts towards cosmetic "fixes" when the game is still broken. But then again, we all know you want to make this game faster than MVC2...
I always knew that the game is broken hence why I mentioned that the other important codes are still necessary.

People like fast and intense games, that's what made Melee such a competitive winner is because of the speed it gave.

Oh and no game can be faster than MvC2....

kupo15

Smash Hero
I always knew that the game is broken hence why I mentioned that the other important codes are still necessary.

People like fast and intense games, that's what made Melee such a competitive winner is because of the speed it gave.

Oh and no game can be faster than MvC2....
I think the speed of melee is just a preference. I think the reason why melee is the best competitive game so far is because it is the most solidly put together game in the franchise. It plays out so well because the mechanics is so balanced and its just a solid game. Speed to a certain extent makes the game more competitive due to faster reaction times but there comes a point where speed actually hurts the game if it is too fast. The things that needs to be fixed will make the game much faster than it is now.

Shield nerfs-Better approaches makes it easier to get in hits
ledge nerfs-harder to recover plus comboing from the ledge
dash dancing-Faster and mobile way to move
hitlag decrease-DI is no longer a joke. You get punished for slow reactions
Fixed glitches-No triple jump, laser lock etc will eliminate dull moments in the game

These will make the game so much faster that I think the stuff you want to add is unnecessary and will overkill the speed. I can't say for sure because the codes aren't out but I know that the ideas you propose shouldn't be considered until these things are fixed.

Sometimes looking at melee matches makes brawl+ look depressing....:(

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
The way I see it, Brawl+ should provide many options to play with one "official" set up, so I think someone should fix the speed code. Also, like I mentioned earlier I think we need a code to weaken stage hazard power (there are so many hazards that would be cool if they didn't kill so easily). I mentioned it earlier but increasing atk and def proportionally super powers certain characters B^

Starscream

Smash Ace
Watch a Melee match, then watch a Brawl+ match. (I see some of you have been doing just this so it really should be obvious). Melee is just inherently faster. Character's attacks come out faster, they move faster, they fall faster. It makes the game more intense, require quicker reactions and inputs and for the most part more fun IMO. And we aren't talking a huge speed increase. 1.1 is pretty small yet just enough to make it more fun.

And even at standard speed, the Brawl+ is going to need more than those fixes to be speedy. How about running momentum carried to jumping, and shorter short hops for quicker and more effective SHFFLing. Not to mention getting rid of the buffer system, that has little to do with speed though. Even then, the game will still be slower. Stand in one spot and SHFFL your aerials with CF in Melee. Then SHFFL your aerials in Brawl+ in 1.165 gravity (which I've stopped using). It's pretty clear that it's quite a bit slower.

Eh, maybe some of us want a faster paced Brawl, and while the game is still broken, I don't think those fixes will bring speed to a game where character actions are just slower overall.

This all means nothing if no one fixes the code though.

But whats this about hitlag? How is that even an issue?
Not entirely necessary but I think the giant hitlag on moves gives you a lot of time to input your DI. Decreasing it will make you need to react faster to DI these hits properly and giant hitlag is just annoying as hell.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Not entirely necessary but I think the giant hitlag on moves gives you a lot of time to input your DI. Decreasing it will make you need to react faster to DI these hits properly and giant hitlag is just annoying as hell.
^^This. Half of the combos in melee are the result of people DIing the wrong way because they didn't know what move they were being hit with. Brawl's hitlag makes it possible to actually just look at what move you are being hit by and DI correctly every time.

Top Bottom