• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ (Competitive Hacks): Codes, Videos, and Discussion (THREAD OUT OF DATE)

kupo15

Smash Hero
The abusable ones aren't really punishable... without the code. With this code they are, or so I'm gathering, I dunno I haven't tried it or played Brawl in over a week.

GameSystem explained it pretty well in the thread dedicated to the new code.

I see nothing wrong with this logic.
here is the problem I have with that. If grab releases can be that punishable, I'll just never pummel anyone...ever. The reward of a few percent is not worth the risk of getting punished in that way.

But the risk of pummeling with a forced forward throw is that you throw them away instead of using a better throw to combo with. If you decide to purposely release throw them, the opponent can DI a direction to compensate that. Or you can mindgame them to DI a forward throw and use another throw that uses the DI against them.. I think there is some depth here...

MuBa

Smash Lord
Okay so I somewhat made a dash cancel code

[Phantom Wing/ MuBa - manipulator]

4A000000 8077F780
D2000000 00000004
2C030000 41820010
2C1C0005 40820008
3B800000 60000000
939E0038 00000000

Essentially what I did was I replaced the "Stop" animation with a "Stand" animation so that way you can virtually do anything after a running animation. I usually crouch into any attack. It's a pretty nice code I say, and somehow it's also got the effect of a Dash Dance code that God-Is-My-Rock made a while ago so it kinda killed 2 birds with one stone.

Hey, at least you've got more options now in Brawl+. No more stupid "Stop" animation from runs.

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
here is the problem I have with that. If grab releases can be that punishable, I'll just never pummel anyone...ever. The reward of a few percent is not worth the risk of getting punished in that way.

But the risk of pummeling with a forced forward throw is that you throw them away instead of using a better throw to combo with. If you decide to purposely release throw them, the opponent can DI a direction to compensate that. Or you can mindgame them to DI a forward throw and use another throw that uses the DI against them. I think there is some depth here...
I actually think grab releases should be neutral, meaning both chars should recover at the same time. I think we all agree that the grabber definitely shouldn't have the advantage for letting the opponent escape. But the grabber shouldn't have a disadvantage just because they let them escape either.

Grab release options should revolve around mindgames. Some characters have good tilts that set up combos, and this is a good reason to grab release. The release puts them right in range for certain things. You now have a mindgame setup where you could do a number of things: tilt for a combo, regrab when they learn to block the tilt, delay any action if they spot dodge the grab / tilt, and so on. The opponent also has the same options though, so it will come down to an intimate knowledge of move speed combined with your opponents habits.

In conclusion, by making recovery the same for both characters, faster characters will have better grab release options but still nothing guaranteed or infinite. Forcing the throw would completely remove this aspect of the game.

Now there is only the question of whether or not this is actually possible with codes. It doesn't seem like too tall an order though. Thoughts?

4A000000 8077F780
D2000000 00000004
2C030000 41820010
2C1C0005 40820008
3B800000 60000000
939E0038 00000000

Essentially what I did was I replaced the "Stop" animation with a "Stand" animation so that way you can virtually do anything after a running animation. I usually crouch into any attack. It's a pretty nice code I say, and somehow it's also got the effect of a Dash Dance code that God-Is-My-Rock made a while ago so it kinda killed 2 birds with one stone.

Hey, at least you've got more options now in Brawl+. No more stupid "Stop" animation from runs.
So do you still skid to a stop after running? If you just stop cold, that would be awkward. Ideally, you should be able to interrupt the stop animation rather than remove it. That way you can still slide into things somewhat...

I need to check out some of these codes. DD doesn't seem like something hard to program, yet it's not complete...

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
I haven't even tried the code yet and I can tell you that the game causes you to slide a bit as the momentum degenerates. You just have all of your options while you're sliding.

I need to check out some of these codes. DD doesn't seem like something hard to program, yet it's not complete...
Put simply, we haven't asked for it, yet. lol

@muba: Nice idea. So it's basically like always performing a no lag, melee-length wavedash out of your dash animation? I'll have to try out this new, less laggy version!

MuBa

Smash Lord
@muba: Nice idea. So it's basically like always performing a no lag, melee-length wavedash out of your dash animation? I'll have to try out this new, less laggy version!
It really depends on the traction of a character. Like I can perform a sliding D-smash with Fox and Luigi, which is pretty sexy.

Edit: Yoshi's sliding forward Smash is useful with this code.

I'm trying to find a way to specifically replace Yoshi's exit shield animation to just stand.

Edit 2: Guys prepare to lower hitstun lol.

zxeon

Smash Lord

4A000000 8077F780
D2000000 00000004
2C030000 41820010
2C1C0005 40820008
3B800000 60000000
939E0038 00000000

It's a pretty good code but it doesn't allow you to dashdance and it's not exactly lagless. It does't beat Wavedashing out of a run, but it finally relieves some of the lag at the end of the run animation.

Finns7

Smash Ace
I hope it doesnt desync what no trip code do you have btw? anyway u host 10

Almas

Smash Lord
The dash cancellation code removes the extended turn animation for attempting to turn during a dash, and removes a large portion of Squirtle's advanced techniques. Not worth it, IMO.

plasmatorture

Smash Journeyman
Unless I'm missing something the code doesn't seem to do anything?

It certainly doesn't remove Squirtle's weird turn or stop dash dancing at the very least, for me.

EDIT:

Not sure if I should post a new post to update so people know this (since it's important info maybe?).
The No Triple Jump Glitch fix code was causing the problem, apparently, since after I disabled it the dash cancel thing now does.

Dashdancing still works, not sure what people are talking about.
Squirtle's special animation still happens, but rarely/inconsistently. I'm playing around to figure out how and when it occurs but I'm not having any luck finding a pattern to it.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Well, the no triple jump code uses the action modifier just like the DD code. you can't have two action modifiers running at the same time unless you combine them. In any case, let me reiterate this is caps just so everyone is clear

DO NOT USE THE TRIPLE JUMP GLITCH CODE. IT CREATES MORE PROBLEMS THAN IT FIXES. WE NEED PW TO MAKE ONE FROM SCRATCH AND NOT USE AN ACTION MODIFIER!!!

MBlaze

Smash Champion

4A000000 8077F780
D2000000 00000004
2C030000 41820010
2C1C0005 40820008
3B800000 60000000
939E0038 00000000

You guys should add this code to your threads until if and when a better version comes out.

kupo15

Smash Hero
About teching. I was fine with the current teching for throws like sonic and stuff, those are no problem since you towards and you get enough time to tech. Its the instant ones like Zelda Dsmash, Zairs, Shine that are troublesome

Just thought Id point out that throws are easy to tech..

Starscream

Smash Ace
About teching. I was fine with the current teching for throws like sonic and stuff, those are no problem since you towards and you get enough time to tech. Its the instant ones like Zelda Dsmash, Zairs, Shine that are troublesome

Just thought Id point out that throws are easy to tech..
Is it even possible to tech G&W's Dthrow? It's pretty much the same as Melee Fox's Dthrow minus the lasers and that was easily techable. If not then that's ****ed.

Master Peach

Smash Ace
WiiBrew updated. They have a new Twilight hack called beta 2 and Homebrew 1.0 or aka 10 has been release. Check the website.

This thread should be updated for the new realeases.

Osi

Smash Ace
WiiBrew updated. They have a new Twilight hack called beta 2 and Homebrew 1.0 or aka 10 has been release. Check the website.

This thread should be updated for the new realeases.

I was surprised it's even big enough now that it made the news on kotaku, was kinda funny to see.

Osi

Smash Ace
Just checking before I use the replay code, but the most current and tested version of the code is:

040E5DE8 60000000
04953184 60000000
04953224 60000000

?

I'm adding it to mine to take some more videos(3 min is too low lol).

Revven

FrankerZ
Just checking before I use the replay code, but the most current and tested version of the code is:

040E5DE8 60000000
04953184 60000000
04953224 60000000

?

I'm adding it to mine to take some more videos(3 min is too low lol).
Yes, that is the most current version.

MuBa

Smash Lord
You guys should add this code to your threads until if and when a better version comes out.
I agree. And also I've found something interesting about the Run Cancel code I made:

You can pivot grab at ANY time. Remember that I replaced the turnaround/running stop animation with just a stand. So all you have to do is:

Run -> Cancel with just standing -> carefully pivot the control stick -> grab

It's just a matter of timing.

Top Bottom