• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: 1.5-1.6 thread archive. 2.0 is stickied

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Watch YouTube videos and streams to get ideas of how good characters are.
I have but there are three problems with this.

1: not to sound like an *** but i am not impressed by what i have seen

2: I often feel you cant get a real sense of things unless you are playing in the game b/c watching its easy to see mistakes and think this is what i would of done/what he,she should of done

3: Besides the big names such as chu and nero how am i suppose to know who is good at the game in these videos and who just puts videos up b/c they can. I cant just go to youtube and look up toon link brawl- and hope i find a good one b/c a bad toon link wont help me think he is good. in fact even if the toon link is good if the person he is playing is bad i wont really be able to tell how good someone is.

So i have to base it off the people i play who are luckily good players.

edit: Also Xyless good luck with your presentation.

Xyless

Smash Master
I have but there are three problems with this.

1: not to sound like an *** but i am not impressed by what i have seen

2: I often feel you cant get a real sense of things unless you are playing in the game b/c watching its easy to see mistakes and think this is what i would of done/what he,she should of done

3: Besides the big names such as chu and nero how am i suppose to know who is good at the game in these videos and who just puts videos up b/c they can. I cant just go to youtube and look up toon link brawl- and hope i find a good one b/c a bad toon link wont help me think he is good. in fact even if the toon link is good if the person he is playing is bad i wont really be able to tell how good someone is.

So i have to base it off the people i play who are luckily good players.

edit: Also Xyless good luck with your presentation.
That's one reason I really want to start pushing people to start recording replays, no matter how pointless they are. I, personally, enjoy watching every video I can, especially since I try to take note of what happens in matches, what could be improved, and if there are any habits formed because of a character's strengths or weaknesses.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
^hmm i never really recorded many of my matches, and this combo video i am making will be my first but i do kinda want to get more matches up in general. I will talk to my friends and see if we can record more and put more matches up online. Really the only problem i can see in this is as far as i know only one of my friends can take the replays off of an sd card and put them up online so he will have the most work to do. (might be tired and posting something for no reason but i feel kinda inspired to get videos online now)

Also Xyless i take it u go to U of M? My parents are from Michigan and went there so i grew up a Michigan football fan, Not sure if you care. I have watched ever game this season even through it has been kinda hard to watch at times :(

Xyless

Smash Master
Nope, but my dad went there, and so does my ex!

They've had a pretty year, to be honest. Far better than two years ago or whenever they failed hard.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
lol, I have at least 40 random B- vids saved, I should record them all

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Nope, but my dad went there, and so does my ex!

They've had a pretty year, to be honest. Far better than two years ago or whenever they failed hard.
i'll just be happy as long as they make a bowl game this year, but something needs to be done about that defense. I will stop with this now b/c if off topic, also time to sleep.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
well the guy who was going to help me edit my combo video is busy this week b/c he has two test coming up. This really is not a bad thing since i kinda feel like to many of my combos are very similar to each other so this gives me some more time to recorded some more stuff. I might try to get some of the recorded matches and edit it myself to make a trailer for the combo video, or if i figure out how to edit the video well enough i feel i can make the video on my own and i feel i have enough stuff i will try to make it myself, but with school work and stuff i doubt i will.

I should still be able to get some of my friends matches up tomorrow unless the guy who has the recorded matches bails on me but i dont expect that to happen. I will post them when they get uploaded

edit: hope your presentation went well

Xyless

Smash Master
A note: SSBB- is going to be a double-miss for people who are searching for videos. For starters, we are Brawl- (no Super Smash Bros included), and it's generally better to spell out the minus.

*EDIT BEFORE POSTING*: Though it seems you added minus to the tags at least.

Wow **** matches much?

Xyless

Smash Master
It went well, but there wasn't anyone really important there at all, mostly students (and about half the people there had already known about it).

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
ok i will edit the video so it says brawl minus.

Also here is another one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrQC8YWPsoY This one is sized differently b/c i wanted to try something out, tell me which one u like more. Also its the first one of me playing i posted

edit: o and the part were i was switching between sheik and zelda was me sandbagging/seeing how the water effected her down-B

Edit 2: they are crazy **** matches, whats said is there is a point in the ganon one were he baired when he ment to fair and the fair might of killed ganon and given him the JV5

edit 3: ok i am going to add at least one more video tonight, its of me playing the guy who almost jv5 stocked two people. Since he almost jv5 stocked a back room member and in the video i am uploading i 4 stock him i could almost jv9 stock a back room member :). This is one of the reasons why i should be in the back room as a game tester. Also since this post is getting crowded i will double post again for new video.

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
@ M0nkUn1t: off topic, but I really liked the Metalgear Level for minus (the one where the walls break quickly)... how is the other one different? do they break slower than vbrawl? Or did I just install it wrong and they're both supposed to have the walls break quickly? If not, would I be able to put the one that has them break fast over both names so that always happens on that level? Or would that not work?

Oh, and as for Halberd-, is it possible to make more than one hazard happen at once? Or is one after the other that fastest it can go? It seems like Some norfair hacks (maybe including lavaville?) have more than one hazard happening at once, which is why I ask... but then again, maybe norfair could do that in vbrawl?

On another note... I think the Yoshi thing is cool, but the move would be overpowered on levels that are thin (I have a lot of added stages so... there are a few... granted, I wouldn't care too much if I had to get rid of them...), but aside from that, I think the ghost egg thing is a cool idea... maybe if you made it so that you can break out of the egg faster at base and make it get harder to break out at a faster rate as percent rises?...

Or it could be cool if you broke out pretty early at base and it only made it a little harder as percent rises... BUT you can receive knockback (in other words, you can spike the egg... which would be awesome... don't know if that's possible and it suppose trying to break out while in knockback would be ****ty... hmm... yeah, idk..

Sharky

Smash Master
if you're gonna make it so you can still receive knockback then it had better be reduced knockback, or that **** would be broken as hell lmao

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
The metal gear levels that are in the DLC 2 cannot be named to put on the other metal gear levels, iirc it will crash if you do that. The reason why one of them went unedited was because when I did the same changes as I did to the other 2 stages, it crashed.

For Halberd-, from what I have done, I am only able to get one hazard at a time. Norfair in vBrawl was already able to do multiple hazards, IE: lava wall and rising magma.

The ghost egg on yoshi will most likely not ever be put into action as it is extremely OP.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
It is OP on small stages that are thing such as Lylat Cruise and SmashVille. You would break out under the stage and hit a ceiling trying to recover.

Sharky

Smash Master
again, if you let yourself fall that far in the egg you're just being stupid. It's super easy to mash out of that thing.

Count Typo

Smash Apprentice
If the ghost egg thing isn't going to happen, what's going to happen to Yoshi's Neutral-B? It's near useless as it is.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Ok time for some Hype my combo video is finished and here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVal1D02-eU

Its the first thing i ever edited and its not perfect but i didnt want to over edit ether so i figured i should put it out as it is, and i feel it came out pretty well.

So comments on the video are appreciated, on the combos/my sheik, on the music choices, and on how it looks over all. since this is my first combo video and the first video i ever edited all comments are welcomed and as i said appreciated.

Also none of these combos were set up all of them happened during matches.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
^Thanks. i was thinking it could use some more invisible combos but then how could u see it lol. No really i love sheiks invisibility but for the long better looking combos i like the visible sheiks angles better, also there were some combos were it started invisible or became invisible during part of it but overall you are right it was lacking in invisible combos

edit: just found out that my video is blocked in Germany b/c of music on it LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom