• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brainshock α (Alpha)

What should our Side Tournament be?

• Mario Party 2 or 4

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • Super Smash Brothers Melee

Votes: 34 49.3%
  • Brawl Minus

Votes: 15 21.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soran

Smash Ace
I just recently learned the grab release on Ness/Lucas.

You can't do it AT ALL? like... not even once? or... what am I think of?

also what about Marth's up throw 200% is banned? how about edge guard grab releases on characters like sonic and snake?

<------cake >: D

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Basically you cannot do a STANDING grab then re-grab Ness and Lucas. You may grab, throw then attack out of it or something but standing grab releases are a no-no.

Also I don't know anything about the Marth upthrow at 200%..? You're very welcome to grab edge guard release Snake, GaW and Sonic.

Adding people to the front page. :p

Soran

Smash Ace
Also I don't know anything about the Marth upthrow at 200%..?
Well... it's pretty much a... "Death Grab" ? I never ever heard that term used before this weekend.. xPPP but yeah, it's like Ness' bthrow at 140%. just an instant kill. but I'm sure it is possible to DI it. sometimes they don't die. it also depends on the character's weight etc.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Well... it's pretty much a... "Death Grab" ? I never ever heard that term used before this weekend.. xPPP but yeah, it's like Ness' bthrow at 140%. just an instant kill. but I'm sure it is possible to DI it. sometimes they don't die. it also depends on the character's weight etc.
Death by grab is not banned. Just certain inescapable standing infinites.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
As Blank said, death by grab is not banned. What I was saying was as he also said, inescapable standing grabs are banned.

Bananas. More from MO coming.

Subscribed.
Awesome stuff, added to the list.

Soran

Smash Ace
that confusesesesessss me... because Grab release on ness isn't inescapable.

can I do it on mk?

Is Ike's jab lock banned? I mean.. it is limited.. but it is pretty inescapable to certain characters. even if DI'd. DI=impossible for certain characters like Ganon in that case. not that I'd expect to see a Ganon. but it's possible. I've done it to snake too.

§chizm

Smash Lord
that confusesesesessss me... because Grab release on ness isn't inescapable.

can I do it on mk?

Is Ike's jab lock banned? I mean.. it is limited.. but it is pretty inescapable to certain characters. even if DI'd. DI=impossible for certain characters like Ganon in that case. not that I'd expect to see a Ganon. but it's possible. I've done it to snake too.
The grab release on Ness is inescapable as far as I know (though I heard there's maybe some way to get out of it or something, I don't really pay attention to Ness lololol).
You can grab release MK.
Ike's jab lock would never be banned...it's fairly hard to do and is by no means an infinite in any way.

Basically if you're Marth you just can't do the standing grab release on Ness/Lucas.

Soran

Smash Ace
DW guys. I now know the difference between grab release and grab escape? grab air release.

so yeah. I understand not to grab release infinite on poor Ness/Lucas.

Marth iz mah duuuu~!!

btw I made a new punny phrase.

"I try to be as Fair as possible."

xD get it? Fair? aaaaghhahaha! oh, man. good stuff. Glad I could share it with Yink ; P

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Subscribed, although I wouldn't count on me coming. If there is an ISU game this weekend, count me out for sure.

If there isn't a melee side event like their SHOULD be, then I will be out fo sho. If there is, I'm a maybe.

§chizm

Smash Lord
Subscribed, although I wouldn't count on me coming. If there is an ISU game this weekend, count me out for sure.

If there isn't a melee side event like their SHOULD be, then I will be out fo sho. If there is, I'm a maybe.
There won't be.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I didn't mention melee at all...and if there was a side tournament I promised I'd do Mario Party (because people actually want it and it's awesome). No one better rage at that.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
UPDATE: ugh

So...I've got some good news, and bad news.

The good news is that now the tournament isn't on a huge game weekend, because the Hawkeyes will be out of state playing Minnesota so finding places to park and stay will be much easier.

The bad news...? This is now Nov. 27th, 2 days after Thanksgiving itself.

The reason? The venue totally ****ed me over. They switched my date around with the health and safety department because they need to do a yearly check. Nov. 6th won't work because I don't want to conflict with MLG Dallas, the 13 is booked, 20 is obv. out and now the 27th is all I've got.

Though in fairness, it might be better for a couple reasons:

1. Finals will HAVE to be over for people
2. It's AFTER Thanksgiving, not before it

Though, it's still bad...*sigh* can anyone still make this?

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
For the sake of everyone's palm and self esteem I would say Mario Party 1 shouldn't be played. I like 2 because of dueling and you get to dress like cowboys.
^ This, also Mario Party punishes you for losing Mini-games. I won Saturday in Mario Party 1, but I felt like I didn't deserve the win. :laugh:

Soran

Smash Ace
it's only for the weekend right?
I can DEFINITELY make it. I'll tell my friends xP like, 2 people. (I'm not very poopular as you can see / :,

or am I... >.>

nah.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Finals for me would be coming up in mid december, so late november is out of the question. Idk what kinda crazy *** schedule iowa is on, but finals is never over before november. Ever.

§chizm

Smash Lord
Finals for me would be coming up in mid december, so late november is out of the question. Idk what kinda crazy *** schedule iowa is on, but finals is never over before november. Ever.
My finals are basically mid December as well.
And I thought one of my friends that goes to Iowa said his finals will be in December. :confused:

Soran

Smash Ace
I'm not sure when finals are.. but we don't divide it in semesters. simesters. fack.

well I can't spell.... anyway. it's divided in trimesters. buut... I'm pretty sure. finals happens.. ehh.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Same.

10sames

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom