• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

boss's luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
Nair -> A -> Bthrow. Never would have thought to use that combination. I'll have to try that out with my Luigi and see how it works out (although, at low percentages, I'd rather keep the enemy in close to rack up damage first). I noticed that you repetitively used a SH into a Dair. Was this just a diversion tactic? Also, at 1:28, you missed a UTilt -> Uair combo op with that connected tornado at the low %. Just my two cents. Decent video, though.

TheMann

Smash Ace
So boss ur gonna play both mario bros huh? You have a solid luigi there. Only thing I would recommend is more fireballs for diversion and damage.

Edit: I saw some of your other vids too. Nice jab to smash mindgames. More people should do that. Its too good.

Eten

Smash Ace
Yeah you are one my favorite Luigis I've seen altogether.
Very smart luigi- Jabs, uptilts, shieldgrabs, and aerials+shorthops makes him very fast and you don't expose yourself by using slower moves, very much win in my book
-Uses the speed of the tornado to catch people off guard just like the tornado should be used.
-Gets in and punishes for laggy attacks with the firejumppunch KO! Sure anybody can punish but who can say they can guarantee a KO with their character if the opponent is above 60%!

That's why I really like your luigi, its really similar to a luigi like my own. I'd just use downthrow more, like down throw instead of your back throw on the first stock for more damage building, (if luigi had a reliable spike though...) and I favor going for up-angled fsmash KOs much more. I think your fireball use was great, you didn't really need it in this match because snake never really did things that required fireball use, like lots of upsmash to guard himself.

Oh and 2:09 is like perfect luigi, amazing lol, watched it like a million times

SparkEd

Smash Journeyman
The FAir Chain to Misfire would've been godly if it hit =(

Otherwise very awesome Luigi.

cmpr94x

Smash Lord
What where you trying to accomplish at 0:57-0:59? That was very predictable. Do you think that is the reason they call it a "misfire"

Jeb

Smash Cadet
No I think I definitely meant the pro level that everyone's at >.>

cmpr94x

Smash Lord
So you think that all of the pros use Luigi? Then why is Luigi ranking low in tourney's?

Conclusively

Smash Journeyman
Amazing Luigi, lol @ 2nd stock death though, but the damage you did before you died was amazing. Try using u-tilts to pop snake up and follow up with a string of airs. Overall, extremely good. Keep up the good work.

Jeb

Smash Cadet
K, nevermind. I never knew a sarcastic compliment could actually be killed by a matter of 2 posts =|

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
K, nevermind. I never knew a sarcastic compliment could actually be killed by a matter of 2 posts =|
Online chat is cold. Sarcasm and genuine thought are often difficult to distinguish

D

Deleted member

Nice Luigi barley any faults there, Boss I think you are truly one of the best Brawl players out there right now. My only suggestion is as opposed to Jab => Smash, try Jab => Dtilt => Fire Punch. I like to do a sliding Jab (just Luigi's natural slide) crouch canceled right into a Dtilt (cause your crouching anyway so you don't even have to complete the crouch/uncrouch animation), and of course if it trips them then do a Fire jump.

ADHD

Smash Hero
i mean MM??

id never fought vec so i cant say....there is a technique that makes luigi alot more faster and dangerous i will not reveal until another week or so.....
Well if you ever do, lol just sit there and camp him.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
i mean MM??

id never fought vec so i cant say....there is a technique that makes luigi alot more faster and dangerous i will not reveal until another week or so.....

We will wait in anticipation.

I've never seen either boss or VEC fight in person, but from the videos i've seen, boss is significantly better. (then again it could've been a bad day or good day for someone, you can't really know unless they go head to head...)

SparkEd

Smash Journeyman
I wish I could fight you guys, too.

And not suck. And last at least 2 minutes.

My Wifi is down however :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom