• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boss answers your mario questions(in style) UPDATED!!!! first PG

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
your best bet is either to do wifi or kill some level 3 CPUs. I often kill spikes alot if i see the opening. Usually i setup my fair spikes or i put myself in a good position like a platform and i full hop reverse spike to get them

Matt07

Smash Master
What do you against Lucas' approaching, I want to know EVERYTHING in this match-up (like what to do). His moves outprioritize my moves >_<, it's like impossible to approach =/.

And no Monk I won't pick Snake :p.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
What do you against Lucas' approaching, I want to know EVERYTHING in this match-up (like what to do). His moves outprioritize my moves >_<, it's like impossible to approach =/.

Zombie overlords? Just Counterpick Luigi's Mansion and go Snake...it works everytime bro

boss8

Smash Hero
Here's a (potentially) tough one. Boss, if you were to critique yourself, what would you say you have to work on? Where can you go from here?
i need to work on not falling for the same stupid stuff i have been doing...lol
What do you find is the best game mindgame Mario can pull, Boss?
fludding....jumping towards your opponent and doing nothing....lol gets them most of the time....
im just wondering how often do you kill with spikes and whats a good way to practice with mario(besides playign agaiinst othe rplayers nd other charaters b/c i already do that)
i dont really get spikes off alot unless its on snake...DDD....etc....spiking cant really be abused or your opponent will catch on...which is why i only use it in emergency situations.....thats when mindgames come into play....

i approach...with shorthopped capes......works well...fireballs...and dash to shield....

boss8

Smash Hero
yea i wanted to go but there was another turney that i won...plus the turney i went to started late...i planned on going to the one i went to then taking first then leaving to C3.....but they started madd late...

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
yea i wanted to go but there was another turney that i won...plus the turney i went to started late...i planned on going to the one i went to then taking first then leaving to C3.....but they started madd late...
Boss: Hey guys just give me your money
Everyone else:....QUICK STALL HIM!

Kmart

Smash Rookie
Hey can you guys talk about using FIHL? I can't see how it would be usable in a match. Like at a tourny? With money on the line?? YOUR GOING TO USE FLUDD??? Unless a DK comes out with 6 or 7 b airs in a row, I don't see it being practical.

And if this has already been discussed, then ignore.

boss8

Smash Hero
Hey can you guys talk about using FIHL? I can't see how it would be usable in a match. Like at a tourny? With money on the line?? YOUR GOING TO USE FLUDD??? Unless a DK comes out with 6 or 7 b airs in a row, I don't see it being practical.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-aNbbDOnGc&feature=related

thank me later you will find it in the match......

Publix

Smash Apprentice
BOss, and associates,

I only use mario's up tilt. do you ever use his forward or down tilt's? which do you use the most besides up tilt?(i'm assuming errbody uses up tilt the most)

Also. have you guys seen the forward tilt wavedash thing? the timing is hella tuff, so i never tried to perfect it.

Don't let that post count fool you. i was formerly gameandwatchmewin with a total of 30 something posts. but Publix is my tourny name.

Matt07

Smash Master
Mario's utilt is the most used tilt at low %'s to put opponents into a 'u-tilt lock.'

Forward tilt is usually good for punishing OOS (Out of Shield) with characters that use a smash or something (that's when I use f-tilt anyways.)

Down tilt is never never used little reward, high risk attack. Best used as tricking your opponent or something xD.

Forward tilt Wavedash thingy isn't really that useful IMO.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Sorry if I'm a bit ignorant, but what's the Ftilt wavedash thing?
If you press A at the exact moment Mario's foot hits the ground, he'll slide back a bit. It doens't really send you far back enough for anything and it'll probably only trick your opponent once. It's not worth learning the timing.

Thibault

Smash Apprentice
Hey i just relized something and with searching i havent seen any mention of it. I just found a way to make marios up B become more vertical or more horizontal, a normal up b will go up three blocks from a halved platform, but if you use up b then rotate the joystick stright up he will jump about stright up and he will ba able to recover four blocks up and even one block over from the halved platform. Im asking if anyone knew about this before? If you did thats good but i have found no mention, btw i dont want any remarks like "you stupid noob its commen knowlage theats why its not mentioned on anywhere". If i get those remaeks you will look like an idiot because as you can see i main diddy, and even though im listed as a noob i came to this site after being the best diddy from another site. (wiipals) :)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hmmm... I don't know if it's known or not, but *I* didn't know that.

Thanks!
Even if it is known, you helped at least one person!

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Hey i just relized something and with searching i havent seen any mention of it. I just found a way to make marios up B become more vertical or more horizontal, a normal up b will go up three blocks from a halved platform, but if you use up b then rotate the joystick stright up he will jump about stright up and he will ba able to recover four blocks up and even one block over from the halved platform. Im asking if anyone knew about this before? If you did thats good but i have found no mention, btw i dont want any remarks like "you stupid noob its commen knowlage theats why its not mentioned on anywhere". If i get those remaeks you will look like an idiot because as you can see i main diddy, and even though im listed as a noob i came to this site after being the best diddy from another site. (wiipals) :)
It's been known, and I think ??????? was actually the first one to bring it up too.

It's been discussed many times over and it's pretty clear that the FLUDD is very useful when used properly. Anyway, I never did understand the "If you use FLUDD, you lose" thing.

Thibault

Smash Apprentice
Btw the reason why i posted it is because theres a giant diffrence about the distance vertically and horozontally of his recovery if you use it.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Btw the reason why i posted it is because theres a giant diffrence about the distance vertically and horozontally of his recovery if you use it.
Yes, you can trade horizontal distance for vertical height and it's essential to know if you expect to recover well with Mario. You could do the same thing in Melee too, but it was far harder.

Kmart

Smash Rookie
I wasn't saying FLUDD isn't useful, but the FLUDD induced hit lag. Seems very situational. I agree that FLUDD is great for gimping and such, just the hitlag thing.

Check the vid Boss posted at the top of the page at 1:44.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
I wasn't saying FLUDD isn't useful, but the FLUDD induced hit lag. Seems very situational. I agree that FLUDD is great for gimping and such, just the hitlag thing.

Check the vid Boss posted at the top of the page at 1:44.
Well you kind of answered your own question, but you're right that it's more situational against some characters than others; you probably won't be using FIHL a lot on a character like Wolf, but on the other hand you'll probably find yourself using it a lot against someone like G&W.

Famous

Smash Champion
Lol, I didn't charge it at ALL...I was trying to look sweet by doing FH FIHL into Fair and I wound up getting spiked...I never did it again since

Kmart

Smash Rookie
Fire Mario that was sick.

And to Judge Judy, ya I guess I kinda did, but I was just wondering what some high level Marios thought of it, as in it being practical/something they (you) would use in a match.

I have (a serious) one for Boss: in all honesty, do you consider yourself the best Luigi? I'm not trying to suck up here, just saying I haven't seen a better one.

boss8

Smash Hero
i dont really call myself the best anything..... hint my sig has question marks......

but as far as luigi goes i dont like to judge myself....i just let the turney results and skill speak out loud for me.....i will let you decide my friend....

Buuman

Smash Ace
i dont really call myself the best anything..... hint my sig has question marks......

but as far as luigi goes i dont like to judge myself....i just let the turney results and skill speak out loud for me.....i will let you decide my friend....
*Voice from the wall....* "He's the best" :)

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
boss i luv u no h0m0.

boss i just placed 25 out of 97 entrants in my first tourney like a week or 2 ago with just pure mario and luigi with extensive "monk" coaching and wisdom through the phone during the tourney so is that good??? (i want to carry out ur legacy when u retire =[)

also whens ur combo vid gonna happen? u said u gonna make i think =(....

Famous

Smash Champion
Good **** hippie, I meant to congrat you earlier...

Yeah, I remember that you never got to finish that combo vid because it couldn't find certain files

Top Bottom