• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boss answers your mario questions(in style) UPDATED!!!! first PG

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Yes they can..but only out of the first 2 initial hits...Samus UpB is escapeable as well...

Mario Vs Luigi is 65-45 in Luigi's favor..This is from personal experience...

Luigi has more power, more range leading into more priority and better recovery...
You've obviously asking for a flame war and clearly dunno how to use MArios godly sexy gimping and range <333.

Famous

Smash Champion
Lol, yeah I do..It doesn't mean anything once you get jab locked...I played Boss's Luigi in teams Vs My Mario, I caped him 4 times and he still came back...I was only able to gimp him once...

It's a weird match-up to say the least..

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
You have to take advantage of Luigi's approach and defensive game to have a chance at winning. Luigi beats Mario nearly everywhere else.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
Boss I got a question...When are all the Mario mains gunna get together and make a new Hip-Hop/Funk/R&B/Barber Shoppe Quartet album?
We already did. It's called "Fludd ***** Ness". Kanzaki produced the 1st single.
Right I already knew about that one...I was there...I said when we'll we be making a NEW one...god pay attention guy

Veggi

Smash Champion
It seems Sandbag players can just mindgame Ness into going offstage by not doing anything and just edgeguard him when he's baited offstage. It seems like the matchup is pretty one sided, I can't see what Ness can do.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Boss, what do you think the best way to get matchup experience is. I know tournaments are an obvious one, but do you think WiFi works well too?

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
yooo boss... i'm gonna need some of wisdom on this...

iight so i'm going to a tourney possibly this saturday considering my first or second tourney ever... it might be seemily big and i plan on going mario bros alone (yes i know amazing amrite?).. i need to know how much between the spammy, scrubby and pro like meta-knights out there since they seem to be most threat, like how many will be there..

also for meta-knight.. any tips against him using luigi and mario? and in your opinon who ya think is better against mk? or should i use mk? luigi or mario? i plan on reppin the bros just as you are but ima start entering tourneys like a beast.

skyace89

Smash Journeyman
^^^ i have the same question except i'm only using luigi and D3.

(Hippie if the tourney you are talking about is GIMPED in BK then we are definitely going to the same tourney...lol

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
lol ya skyace. im going to dsx's bronx weeklie maybe this friday as a warmup before knighttable's tourney. and if my partner doesn't show up on the tourney me and you will doubles since i main mario too and i know alot of stuff as mario bros doubles <333. that's if u dont have a doubles partner lolz.

btw im scared of m2k no lie.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
We already did. It's called "Fludd ***** Ness". Kanzaki produced the 1st single.
It went like this IIRC.

Kanzaki: (low pitch) Mario!
Matador: (med pitch) Mario!
Boss: (high pitch) Mario!

The rest was a blur...

Jimbo_G

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0920-1016-4491
I've got a question. I've been trying to beat an extremely skilled Shiek and am having trouble.

How would you suggest approaching a shiek? He's learned to powershield my fireballs and camp with his needles, so those do nothing, and he's a million times faster than me in both air and ground. I can't force him to move, and he forces me to approach.

And second, are there any good applications for FLUDD against Shiek? Since Shiek doesn't have multiple-hit attacks FIHS doesn't exist and she falls too fast to effectively air-trap her.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Fludd gimps sheik pretty badly. Playing defensive against sheik works. She has needles, but she still doesn't out camp you. Use Short hop tornadoes a lot especially when she's behind you and dsmash to get her off your tail. It can also be used to kill at the ledge since she's so light.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
FIHL. What's it mean?

Also, how do you deal with Falco's chaingrab?

Matt07

Smash Master
FIHL means FLUDD Induced Hit Lag.

Dealing with Falco's Chaingrabs not much you can really do except punish them with an up B.

Lol nice cartoon clip Boss.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dealing with Falco's Chaingrabs not much you can really do except punish them with an up B.
ok then. how does Mario deal with the rest of Falco? The matchup thread lists it as 50-50.

Matt07

Smash Master
That your going to have to ask someone else. Falco isn't one of my greatest match ups. I'm not really that 'fluent' vs high tier characters.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
ok then. how does Mario deal with the rest of Falco? The matchup thread lists it as 50-50.
Mario's edge guarding>>>Falco's recovery

Juggling him is very easy

Falco can only chaingrab Mario to 40%. Mario can even survive a chain throw to spike. Falco isn't a big deal at all.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
He's light too...Fsmash kills him pretty low and outprioritizes most of his attacks. Approach is the biggest problem since he can deal with our fireballs. I don't really see it as an advantage for either party, though I'm sure they'd say different.

Also, for an example of FIHL in action, Fludd ROB's Nair and notice how much time you have to get under him and Usmash him.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mario's edge guarding>>>Falco's recovery

Juggling him is very easy

Falco can only chaingrab Mario to 40%. Mario can even survive a chain throw to spike. Falco isn't a big deal at all.
I could see that. How do you get out of the chaingrab after 40%? Upb?

Edit: ok. thanks guys.

Muh

Smash Rookie
Here's a (potentially) tough one. Boss, if you were to critique yourself, what would you say you have to work on? Where can you go from here?

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
I'll answer for boss but he can input what ever he wants.

@ Mar, i think hes best mindgames hes ever pulled was a jab and walking away.. hes done that serveral times to make the person go " WTF?!?!?" and then he can just fsmash kill them away.

BkMan

Smash Cadet
im just wondering how often do you kill with spikes and whats a good way to practice with mario(besides playign agaiinst othe rplayers nd other charaters b/c i already do that)

Top Bottom