• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

bop

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
how bout we ban ddd instead? he's gay enough to be banned. (and broken from my view point.)

meta knight's not that hard. why would people ban him just because he's mostly used. he's not broken, he just has a lot of advantages over characters. but even meta knight has weaknesses and you just need to find out what they are and how your character can use that weak point to their advantage. its not that hard (unless you're captain falcon).

Master Raven

Smash Master
Brawl sometimes feels like Pokemon with all the heavy emphasis on counterpicking.

I know counterpicking is important but holy **** I don't think I've seen a game as CP-heavy as Brawl.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
Nice try at an insult. You're just a washed up johner, like Overswarm. A character being good is no grounds for a ban. I stand by my statement. Talk to me when you have a halfway decent idea about Brawl. You don't even play it.
I merely wish to point out the idea that it is not worthy of discussion is absurd, because there's something definitely amiss.

Washed up johner? Wow, except I'm still playing Melee, and I at least keep up with the entire US as far as the Brawl community. Do you want a record of my past tournament performances?

Florida of course wouldn't see the ban being necessary because everyone in FL plays snake. Why dont you look at Texas and the midwest where the other strong regions are (with large Brawl tournaments to work off of too).

And while I do keep up with the current metagame, and still play Brawl every so often, I apologize for not playing seriously such a fundamentally busted game.

Come back to me with a fighting game that doesnt have random tripping, and characters that can completely remove their hitbox from the screen with the ability to come back with impunity.

Brawls only chance is banning MK.

And I'm sorry, but I'd wager a bet that overswarm knows far more about Brawl than you do, not that I think he's the smartest person ever.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
Considering that Overswarm wants a ban of MK in Brawl, it is pretty clear to me how much he knows about the game.
Well then you could talk to someone like chillindude, who not only knows the game extremely well, but also places top 5 at every national tournament.

Look, you cannot use your criterion to disregard people's opinions on a matter a persons stance on said opinion

And from what I have gathered from the back room, there are even MK mains (good ones) that are saying that he should be banned. Dojo comes to mind. Heck, even Lee Harris, who got 3rd at HOBO 11, is one of the most adamant supporters of the MK ban.

And if you're going to bring up good players who disagree with the ban, you can go ahead and skip over M2K, because he seriously tried to argue that because he beat people in metaknight dittos that MK was fair.

Listen, I have nothing more to say. I'd love to have a serious discussion on the matter, but if you're going to just flat out refuse the possibility that MK might be just too good, and just make sweeping generalizations on people for holding such an opposing viewpoint, then there is nothing further to discuss.

No hate, just disappointment.

Linguini

Smash Master
If MetaKnight is banned I wont be able to randomly show up at tournaments and steal everyones money.

Because he is so fvcking easy.

To be honest I could care less,the only character I want to be banned is ganondorf,so I dont have to lay my eyes on such a disgraceful abomination. I mean, why the **** does he run like he has a d!ck up his ***?

I guess the point im trying to get at is that brawl sucks the cack and is only fun if your stoned and playing with items on high and nunchucks in hand.

nevershootme

Smash Master
If MetaKnight is banned I wont be able to randomly show up at tournaments and steal everyones money.

To be honest I could care less,the only character I want to be banned is ganondorf,so I dont have to lay my eyes on such a disgraceful abomination. I mean, why the **** does he run like he has a d!ck up his ***?

I guess the point im trying to get at is that brawl sucks the cack and is only fun if your stoned and playing with items on high and nunchucks in hand.
gannon is too powerful in brawl... when they finally hacked it to melee style. he's just godly with his f-air.

Equi

Smash Ace
I have an issue with Meta Knight simply because I have to take 18% damage everytime I recover. I'm sorry, but smash should not be game where you automatically take 18% damage from recovery each and every time.

I'm not saying I'm pro MK-ban, but the character in itself is ridiculous no matter how you look at it. And from my perspective (and many other characters) I can't say I would mind a ban. At least with Snake, there's a recovery you can target. I hate camping MK and spamming lasers with Wolf, but guess what, hit and run is the only thing that works against a high level MK player.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
I wasn't discussing it here because it's been discussed a million times in every other thread already.

MK is not unbeatable. Numerous characters can deal with him just fine, mine included. The only basis people have for banning him is because he is good, not because he is broken. If you start banning things because they are good, where do you draw the line? Why not ban everything except Captain Falcon?

There will be some characters that aren't able to realistically beat other characters in tournament play, and that is how most(All?) fighting games are. Tell me where MK wins so often in so many places that he needs to be banned? DSF and M2K are like the only named ones I can even name off the top of my head. So what if MK wins every tourney in Idaho or Mississippi or Australia, he should not be banned. The only time he should be considered for a ban is when the only way to realistically win a tourney or beat a MK is to use MK.

Crom

Smash Journeyman

If you notice, in one of his taunts, he pulls his sword out of his ***, takes a look, then sticks it right back in. That's my theory on why he runs like that

Leh

Smash Ace
Well then you could talk to someone like chillindude, who not only knows the game extremely well, but also places top 5 at every national tournament.

Look, you cannot use your criterion to disregard people's opinions on a matter a persons stance on said opinion

And from what I have gathered from the back room, there are even MK mains (good ones) that are saying that he should be banned. Dojo comes to mind. Heck, even Lee Harris, who got 3rd at HOBO 11, is one of the most adamant supporters of the MK ban.

And if you're going to bring up good players who disagree with the ban, you can go ahead and skip over M2K, because he seriously tried to argue that because he beat people in metaknight dittos that MK was fair.

Listen, I have nothing more to say. I'd love to have a serious discussion on the matter, but if you're going to just flat out refuse the possibility that MK might be just too good, and just make sweeping generalizations on people for holding such an opposing viewpoint, then there is nothing further to discuss.

I dont think MK should be banned
Am i no longer a good player?

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
After this gigs, maybe we'll get some more supporters of the MK ban....
I sense a hurricane comming :)
i swear to god if you call it a hurricane again, its a ****ing tornado.

what are you gonna do show up to gigabits and just rain a lot and cancel classes for everyone the following morning?

Lee Martin

Smash Ace

xif, lee harris didnt get third at hobo, i did.(lee martin). I do support the ban though. In the losers finals set i had to fight azen who mains lucario. I won the first two matches and he did pick metaknight after and won the set. somethings really dumb about the whole situation if m2k who got 1st mains mk. azen who got 2nd must Truly main mk if needed. and i dont even main mk anymore bc he makes tournaments not fun and i dont want every match at a tournament to become metaknight dittos, not to mention that i have absolutely NO GOOD MK experience. I'm the only Mk player in louisiana and he's even banned here for the next tournament bc people have seen the gay crap you can do with him. He makes the game unfair, unfun, and unplayable. Snake stand no chance against Mk btw. Mk Jews him wayyyy too much.

-Lee Martin

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
now heres my personal opinion in most friendlies i can deal with mk
but in tournament play it just doesnt work hes the only char that has no counterable matchups and is good on basicly every stage (so is pit but at least ha has a few bad matchups) any char vs mk, and mk alreaddy has odds in his favor and 50/50 at best i think removing him from competitive play would be for the best

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
Wow, is MK really that hard to beat? lol
its not that just that hes ruining the tournament aspect of super smash brothers more than half of tourney players pick metaknight (i know alot of tourney players also played marth, sheik, and falco and such in melee but it was like 6 good tournament choice characters so it was fine) if mk was banned then people would be inclined to use other top and high tier characters (even though basicly everything but mk is pretty well balanced)

tbh it would be even more balanced if l canceling was in

Kagesekan

Smash Journeyman
No

/10fails
The partial MK ban is the dumbest thing to happen to the competitive brawl scene. That's saying a lot.
both posts are potentially sig worthy lol
I am completely for the ban on MK.

As well as bans on Falco, Fox, Marth, Sheik, and Peach in Melee. Oh, Falcon too.
by MK placing do you mean M2K placing?
In the SE, i dont lose to ANY MK's, the only one i lose to is M2K (who i went even with at FAST in tourney, i last the 2nd match to his d3).

Unless your gonna say we dont count, MK will not be banned down here.
Everyone else needs to MAN THE FVCK UP STUPID FVCKING SCRUBS
If you want to be extremely far behind the metagame, then be my guest and ban the character, but in the end, you're only hurting yourselves, the people that take this ridiculous game SO SERIOUSLY.

Just again goes to show that people who think MK should be banned have a ridiculous god complex.

Also, the only MK's that are winning tournaments are MK's that are extremely good. By that point, it has little to do with the fact that it's MK, it's the fact that the player using the character is better than the other players he's facing in tournament. Azen plays a wide variety of less-than-top-tier characters, and wins tournaments with them, because he's just over all a better player.

Seriously, how do you kids get your tampons in in the morning?
lol @ the idea of banning MK
Finch cracks me up! Rx- is a far better (and more experienced) player than you. Of course he's gonna edgeguard you every time if you have no idea know what you're doing.

Besides that, what MKs even place well in FL nowadays? Rx- and Master Ghost? They don't win (or even place second) so... MK is clearly broken. Clearly... :rolleyes:
Considering that Overswarm wants a ban of MK in Brawl, it is pretty clear to me how much he knows about the game.
If you notice, in one of his taunts, he pulls his sword out of his ***, takes a look, then sticks it right back in. That's my theory on why he runs like that

I have found all the wins in this thread and put them in one place.

MK ban is weak, I lol at everyone who says they can just pick MK out of nowhere and beat people.

Kagesekan

Smash Journeyman
its not that just that hes ruining the tournament aspect of super smash brothers more than half of tourney players pick metaknight (i know alot of tourney players also played marth, sheik, and falco and such in melee but it was like 6 good tournament choice characters so it was fine) if mk was banned then people would be inclined to use other top and high tier characters (even though basicly everything but mk is pretty well balanced)

More than half? Somehow I doubt those statistics. And even if it was true, only about 10% of them are capable of giving a good match to an experienced player. MK hasn't won in FL for awhile now.

DDD grabs a lot. Snake has incredible tilts and kill power. ROB has infinite recovery and amazing projectiles. Where are you getting "balanced" from?

Gingerr

Smash Lord

I'm glad this got revived, so I could see this ridiculous post. Ya know, in a tournament of 60, if 59 of them are garbage and all play Meta Knight, and the one plays say, Sneake, and is actually good, absolutely NONE of those Meta Knights are going to be carried to the 1st place spot by their top tierdome.

If Meta Knight was banned, then Dedede would just be more broken. Considering I play Meta Knight because I think he's fun (as does M2k, actually), banning Meta Knight wouldn't make me any more inclined to play another character, it would make me even more inclined to quit than I already am. I play the character I like, and if for whatever reason I can't play that character, then **** that game, and **** the crybabies that can't learn a match up.

Kagesekan

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad this got revived, so I could see this ridiculous post. Ya know, in a tournament of 60, if 59 of them are garbage and all play Meta Knight, and the one plays say, Sneake, and is actually good, absolutely NONE of those Meta Knights are going to be carried to the 1st place spot by their top tierdome.
Don't make it sound like Snake is the only MK killer. ROB and G-dubbs have nice potential too.

100% agree with the argument though, I just don't want any scrubs to see this and think "MK?.....SNAKE!"

GA Peach

Smash Lord

If Meta Knight was banned, then Dedede would just be more broken. Considering I play Meta Knight because I think he's fun (as does M2k, actually), banning Meta Knight wouldn't make me any more inclined to play another character, it would make me even more inclined to quit than I already am. I play the character I like, and if for whatever reason I can't play that character, then **** that game, and **** the crybabies that can't learn a match up.
wow...what people need to learn is that WHENEVER you have a discussion about character effectiveness, you ALWAYS have to assume that the two characters going against each other are of SIMILAR, if not the SAME skill level. obviously, when someone is significantly better than the other, they will win. the character would be irrelevant. sadly, i don't think this will go anywhere because I think that Azen and Mew2King are on a higher echelon then a majority of the other players. But, doesn't Lee Martin's testimony of his match with Azen speak volumes? Azen, according to him, was forced to go MK to win against him, as he was not able to get the job done with Lucario, whom he normally plays. i think, pound for pound, if every character was played to maximum efficiency, MK would outshine every other character by a good margin. i'm still neutral towards the banning of him permenantly, but i'm not against trying a couple of tournaments without him in. if anything, if the game is as you all say, being that the best man wins, then wouldn't that continue? so what would be the real change? you might even see some other characters become more viable, who knows? all i'm saying is try to keep an open mind about it.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
GA Peach, Lee's 2ndary is Lucario, and he knows the matchup very well

honestly, he did better vs azens lucario than any MK has done against him, ever in tourney.

When Azen fights other pro MKs such as me (beats me about half the time), InfernoOmni (***** most ppl but says he can't touch azens lucario), Stiltz, Plank (2 stocks plank consistently with lucario), and Forte (he almost 3 stocked forte i was watching it in person), he does better with Lucario than MK dittos. While he hasn't MK dittoed all those ppl, from what he HAS done which I know for fact is at least 3 people, he does better with Lucario. Judging from most team matches against forte (unless it's halberd Azen is good there for some reason), singles matches against plank (plank wins most MK dittos), and MK dittos against me (these things are what I know for 100% fact), azen does better with lucario.

please don't let overswarm tell you many biased things. He only ever says what is on his side, and he posts so often about the same stuff repeatedly, even in back room. A lot of uneducated people just look what he said and assume that's all there is to it and that that's how it should be, but that's dumb.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
I know that ice kid banned galeons character for an sc4 tourny and galeon got pretty depressed about the game forna while

But wen he got over that and picked up another pretty good character he got over it and actially began seeing the game for what it really was rather than him having to have been using a broken character, and his mind actually opened to how the game should be played and he got better/smarter as a player in the end.
Just thought I'd giveneveryone some perspective on what may happen if he ever is banned, mk I mean.

Thouhts?

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
it's not fair to that half(which is an ever growing ratio btw) if we don't. Really wana risk losing that many people for mk? Honestly?

GA Peach

Smash Lord
GA Peach, Lee's 2ndary is Lucario, and he knows the matchup very well

honestly, he did better vs azens lucario than any MK has done against him, ever in tourney.

When Azen fights other pro MKs such as me (beats me about half the time), InfernoOmni (***** most ppl but says he can't touch azens lucario), Stiltz, Plank (2 stocks plank consistently with lucario), and Forte (he almost 3 stocked forte i was watching it in person), he does better with Lucario than MK dittos. While he hasn't MK dittoed all those ppl, from what he HAS done which I know for fact is at least 3 people, he does better with Lucario. Judging from most team matches against forte (unless it's halberd Azen is good there for some reason), singles matches against plank (plank wins most MK dittos), and MK dittos against me (these things are what I know for 100% fact), azen does better with lucario.

please don't let overswarm tell you many biased things. He only ever says what is on his side, and he posts so often about the same stuff repeatedly, even in back room. A lot of uneducated people just look what he said and assume that's all there is to it and that that's how it should be, but that's dumb.
those are very valid points, and i do understand where you're coming from on said points. i don't know Azen's match history, so it's good to have perspective on that. for reference's sake, how often do you play Azen? and also, while i understand your logic with Lee's secondary, the validity of this will only decrease with time. Brawl is still relatively new, so once people fully learn about characters, and everyone reaches a more similar level, i do feel MK will surpass everyone by a fair amount. and so far as overswarm goes, i don't know if this was directed at me, or was just a general statement. but, if it was at me, i don't even have access to the back room, nor do i check his regional posts. i don't even really know his views on MK, except that he is for banning.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
Mk ban is stoopid. if you Ban MK everyone will just pick up snake.

Top Bottom