• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

bop

Gingerr

Smash Lord
it's not fair to that half(which is an ever growing ratio btw) if we don't. Really wana risk losing that many people for mk? Honestly?
lol at the idea of people quitting because of Meta Knight.
Hardly anyone has QUIT because of Meta Knight, the people that hate fighting against Meta Knight's usually just end up picking up Meta Knight instead. No one will quit, only losers will quit, in which case, who cares?

Gingerr

Smash Lord
Okay, in that case then yeah, they win.
God ****it, you WOULD think of something like that to say xD

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
And if u win it was cuz ur fox, your meta night, u used a gay tactic, my controller fuked up, there was a glare on the tv that only effected me, I didn't feel well, I wasn't trying, it's brawl, it's melée, he gay, I'm gay, u stalled, I suicided, I didn't feel like winning, AND/ OR you got lucky.

Ehem. But no johns good game.

Master Raven

Smash Master
I am neutral on this (I don't remember if I posted in this topic and said that so if I did, pardon me). If MK is banned, I already have DK to back me up, and I am going to be the next random main in FL anyway (and soon my Ike shall reach the levels of pwnage).

I just want people to be very careful with what we're dealing with by discussing the possibility of banning MK. I still don't think we're ready to outright ban him yet, if that is the direction it is heading.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=202203

I particularly like this topic. I pretty much share Dojo's sentiments on the issue.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
More than half? Somehow I doubt those statistics. And even if it was true, only about 10% of them are capable of giving a good match to an experienced player. MK hasn't won in FL for awhile now.

DDD grabs a lot. Snake has incredible tilts and kill power. ROB has infinite recovery and amazing projectiles. Where are you getting "balanced" from?
well the tournaments ive been going to are swarmed with mks and almost nothing else also mk is the only character that doesnt have any character weaknesses
hes 50/50 or better on almost every character also snake, rob, and dedede actually have valid weaknesses (snake and dedede hat fast moving characters, rob can run out of gas, and cant spam his projectiles)

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
it's still unfair to the people that main MK and put tons of time into him to ban him. A lot of the supporters of banning would only do it because if anything it helps them win. I mean, banning Jigglypuff in melee will help everyone except jigglypuff players win, but it doesn't make it the right or fair thing to do.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Everybody has this blanket statement that
"MK has no char disadvantages under a 5-5"

um...have you SEEN the character boards lately? they're pretty sad. I mean, how do we know for a fact that MK doesn't have a disadvantage match? it's much, much too early to just lay down the law that he has no bad matches...and as such, it's unfair to fall back on that.

And even using that statement, as if it's proven... so? that doesn't define a broken character. At the moment, I completely belive MK is the best char in the game. HOWEVER... I don't think he's by any means unbeatable. Heck, I always like playing a MK.

If he is not unbeatable by a few characters, then he shouldn't be banned. in a normal setting, equal skill levels and all that, if MK even has a handful of 6-4 matches... it's still not a broken character. I'm sorry, but no.

Leh

Smash Ace
Eddie in GG has no unfavorable matchups (all his matchups are 5-5 or better for him).

Yun/Chun Li in 3S are the same way, their worst matchups are 5-5.

1 Character being better then the rest is not something new to fighting games.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
Eddie in GG has no unfavorable matchups (all his matchups are 5-5 or better for him).

the key difference there is that the 5-5 matches are not only against themselves, where as with MK, many consider that to be true

IAMNOTFORDIE

Smash Cadet

Wrong, Wrong, Wrong Wrong Wrong.

Eddie has no disadvantages but GG isnt a game where the tier list matters so much. In 3S, Yun can BEAT THE TRASH out of chun li. Chun's specialty is turtling and poking and she has almost no anti air game. Guess what Yun has: Priority, Power, the dive Kick (which leads into anything even if whiffed) and the stupidest super in the game. Yun loses to Ken, Ken Loses to Chun. Learn the game before you start making entirely incorrect acquisitions.

Since you obviously stated that you dont know **** about fighting games, let me help you out. take a trip to SRK and read the tournament results. Want to know what character won the most recent large GG Tournament: Millia Rage, Second Was Faust, Third was Potemkin. Hmm I dont see any Slayer or eddie getting money there.

Leh

Smash Ace
Wrong, Wrong, Wrong Wrong Wrong.

Eddie has no disadvantages but GG isnt a game where the tier list matters so much. In 3S, Yun can BEAT THE TRASH out of chun li. Chun's specialty is turtling and poking and she has almost no anti air game. Guess what Yun has: Priority, Power, the dive Kick (which leads into anything even if whiffed) and the stupidest super in the game. Yun loses to Ken, Ken Loses to Chun. Learn the game before you start making entirely incorrect acquisitions.

Since you obviously stated that you dont know **** about fighting games, let me help you out. take a trip to SRK and read the tournament results. Want to know what character won the most recent large GG Tournament: Millia Rage, Second Was Faust, Third was Potemkin. Hmm I dont see any Slayer or eddie getting money there.
I dont see why you'd bring up a large GG tourney as if to prove that eddie DIDNT have all even/favorable matchups. I never said that he was unbeatable, i didnt even imply it. Dont flip you **** f@ggot, learn to comprehend before you act all serious and look like a **** over a forum.

And it turns out you are right about the 3S comment, but that still doesnt take away Eddie having all even/favorable matchups.

So the point stands, a character being better then the rest is not something new to fighting games.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
I dont see why you'd bring up a large GG tourney as if to prove that eddie DIDNT have all even/favorable matchups. I never said that he was unbeatable, i didnt even imply it. Dont flip you **** f@ggot, learn to comprehend before you act all serious and look like a **** over a forum.

And it turns out you are right about the 3S comment, but that still doesnt take away Eddie having all even/favorable matchups.

So the point stands, a character being better then the rest is not something new to fighting games.
OWNED:laugh:

IAMNOTFORDIE

Smash Cadet
Youre a *******. Please post something that doesnt take away from the conversation. I was using the same example he was giving genius.

Eddie is beatable. Based SOLELY on Tournament results, all I see is MK. hes abusted peice of trash. Eddie does not make people that arent good at the game good. if an Eddie player and a Robo-Ky player of the same level went head to head it doesnt mean the Eddie will win. But if a mk player versus a yoshi player go head to head, guess whos going to come out on top. Tournaments always end up being mk dittos or mk vs something else. And I love how everyone uses Azen as the one and only reference of someone making money against metaknight players. Guess what Azen is a rare exception. Not that many people think like him.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
I don't care enough to have an opinion.
I enjoy the game, and will continue to play it whether or not this character is banned. :p

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
everyone should play Yoshi.

no wait dont do that. He is mine!

Youre a *******. Please post something that doesnt take away from the conversation. I was using the same example he was giving genius.

Eddie is beatable. Based SOLELY on Tournament results, all I see is MK. hes abusted peice of trash. Eddie does not make people that arent good at the game good. if an Eddie player and a Robo-Ky player of the same level went head to head it doesnt mean the Eddie will win. But if a mk player versus a yoshi player go head to head, guess whos going to come out on top. Tournaments always end up being mk dittos or mk vs something else. And I love how everyone uses Azen as the one and only reference of someone making money against metaknight players. Guess what Azen is a rare exception. Not that many people think like him.
i just noticed this. Actually if you have ever played that match up you would know that Yoshi has a **** good matchup vs MK. im pretty sure its considered 5-5 by both sides. Ive had quite a few MK players have to change chars just to beat me. Sometimes if i know they are MK mains i have to call double Blind picks cause they Pick MK then i Go yoshi then they like to quickly change. i have to go, No sir.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master

ooh, very bad choice of examples... Yoshi has a grab release cg on MK to fair spike...

and I wasn't saying that a char with no worse than 5-5s is new...in Melee, there were two of them, basically...some would say four.

I was just saying that people are jumping the gun on it and announcing that...and using it as fact WAY too soon. I don't personally believe it about MK, so yeah.

Also, MK players are doing well on a national level because MK is the best char in the game and very good players are playing with him..
Look at FL, we have some MK players, but when was the last time one won a tourney down here? I mean...a real tourney... it's been a little while.

*shrug* ban worthy? eh...

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
ooh, very bad choice of examples... Yoshi has a grab release cg on MK to fair spike...

and I wasn't saying that a char with no worse than 5-5s is new...in Melee, there were two of them, basically...some would say four.

I was just saying that people are jumping the gun on it and announcing that...and using it as fact WAY too soon. I don't personally believe it about MK, so yeah.

Also, MK players are doing well on a national level because MK is the best char in the game and very good players are playing with him..
Look at FL, we have some MK players, but when was the last time one won a tourney down here? I mean...a real tourney... it's been a little while.

*shrug* ban worthy? eh...
yeah what he said. And dont say yoshi wont grab you cause i can promise ill grab you 10-15 time per match.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
i disagree with the match of MK vs Yoshi being 5-5, as i see MK being very hard for Yoshi to grab, but I may be wrong on that, as apparently KO has no problem grabbing MKs. M2K, also, i kind of wanted you to answer my question from my other post. it wasn't a rhetorical question, in case you thinking so was why you didn't answer, but i seriously was curious about how often you play Azen. and again, as i said before, i don't see what's wrong with trying the ban for a short time on a wide scale to see what the results will be. if the metagame now, as undeveloped and in its early stages as a lot of you say, is indeed that, and MK is already dominating, odds are that when it develops he will be stronger than ever. i don't think it's a scrub mentality to try things out for the sake of knowledge.

and, a quick P.S. to HRNUT, i don't think IAMNOTFORDIE got "owned" in that little discussion. while i think he DID fly off the handle, and was unnecessarily scathing, he did disprove the 3rd strike comment from Afro, and touched on the difference that overall, even though Eddie is the best character, he doesn't necessarily dominate at the highest level of play, where as MK has been doing that according to tournament results.

IAMNOTFORDIE

Smash Cadet
I love how the majority of known, good players I talk to support MK staying while most of the less educated people, or newcomers, want him banned.
Im not new. Im banned on my main account. And I dare you to tell me you know more than me about any other fighting game than smash.

I want a video of Yoshi/MK being even. hell I'll take even a jv 2 stock.

Also Vts for president. And GA Peach for president.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Sigh, IMNOTBLAHBLAH, go look for a vid yourself.. both boards agree that Yoshi has a decent matchup here. Do some research before pulling a matchup out of your hat...sigh

and also, am I wrong here in saying that knowledge of other games really has no basis here?
Yes, you can give examples from other games like Yun or Eddie, but to base any knowledge of Brawl...or argument about Brawl... on a completely different series seems kinda ridiculous.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
You're really bad at this...

One char matchup has no bearing on how the character does in other matchups, and thus, how the character will do in tourney.

l2logic.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
MK vs Yoshi isn't even lol, MK has the clear advantage unless you can really get a fair spike out of the release grab 1/2 the time or more. I rarely ever play Azen sadly. I play no one except on saturdays at tourneys. I used to play alone, but not anymore (it doesn't really matter much in brawl though). Maybe 2 days a month I'll play somebody on the mon-fri range. Sundays are random, but usually no one.

sheik can release grab MK into a 29% up smash consistently. teh_spamerer (2nd best in NJ in brawl) gets it on me consistently.

Thursday, October 30, 2008
oovideogamegodoo (1:30:28 AM): u dont practice sheiks boost up smash much do you?
RedAxelRanger (1:30:39 AM): nah, i just practiced it once
RedAxelRanger (1:30:40 AM): to learn it
RedAxelRanger (1:30:45 AM): but no
RedAxelRanger (1:30:48 AM): i dont practice anymore
oovideogamegodoo (1:30:52 AM): how often do you get it off
oovideogamegodoo (1:30:54 AM): what %
oovideogamegodoo (1:30:56 AM): of the time
oovideogamegodoo (1:31:00 AM): you got it most every time vs me i remember
oovideogamegodoo (1:31:02 AM): that time at inuis
RedAxelRanger (1:31:04 AM): yeah
RedAxelRanger (1:31:09 AM): i get it like 90% of the time at least
oovideogamegodoo (1:31:13 AM): double hit is guaranteed?
RedAxelRanger (1:31:33 AM): no it's not, it's just REALLY fawken hard to get JUST the tipper
RedAxelRanger (1:31:37 AM): but if you get JUST the tipper
RedAxelRanger (1:31:39 AM): it kills at earlier %
oovideogamegodoo (1:31:47 AM): is the double hit possible to do consistently
oovideogamegodoo (1:32:20 AM): im talking for damage here lol
RedAxelRanger (1:32:24 AM): oh yeah
RedAxelRanger (1:32:25 AM): the double hit
RedAxelRanger (1:32:26 AM): is waaay easier
RedAxelRanger (1:32:30 AM): then the single hit
RedAxelRanger (1:32:30 AM): to do
oovideogamegodoo (1:32:39 AM): u cant escape the double hit right?
RedAxelRanger (1:32:46 AM): nope

the community in brawl is just a lot dumber and more easily influenced than the melee community in general. They don't even bother using other characters to a high level. That, or they aren't good enough for winning any important tourneys for where it would matter.

IAMNOTFORDIE

Smash Cadet
You're really bad at this...

One char matchup has no bearing on how the character does in other matchups, and thus, how the character will do in tourney.

l2logic.
HELLLOOOOOOOOOOoooOOooOOooO. Metaknight is even with Yoshi correct? Yoshi does not win tournaments despite how EVEN this matchup is. Maybe you should learn to logic. i used a random example but no one can tell me why i dont see this matchup in winners finals. the point being here: Metaknight has no bad matchups. And two evenly skilled players Id bet 10 dollars that the mk would come out on top.But what do I know, I have 7 posts.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Who knows. However from what I've heard Dojo (best Texas MK) beats Bwett (Best Texas Yoshi I think) quite a lot, though I wouldn't use those two players soley to determine the matchup, but it's something to consider.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
the community in brawl is just a lot dumber and more easily influenced than the melee community in general. They don't even bother using other characters to a high level. That, or they aren't good enough for winning any important tourneys for where it would matter.
I like this part.

And yeah, I don't think Yoshi MK is considered even, but a decent match for Yoshi. not **** for MK, as he seemed to be saying.

NOBODY believes Fox is decent against MK, but oh wells.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
Funny. I dont see yoshi winning tournaments. Since both boards agree hes even with metaknight.
Here's the problem with you and everyone else that wants him banned, you and everyone else feels like ya'll deserve to win so when ya'll lose to MK ya'll blame him as the reason why no one else can win tournies instead of overcoming the challenge of him, At Fast 1 Me/Afro/Reflex went even with M2k's MK (best MK in the nation IMO and many others as well) that he couldn't play MK the next match he switched from "overpowered mk" to a less overpowered (D3) character and still won, point is the smarter player will win, if we ban mk then everyone is gonna cry about D3 then snake then eventually we're gonna complain about Captain Falcons DSmash killing at 80%, Fenrir beats Mks with fox, WE [me (snake/lucario/marth), Afro (snake), Seibrik (D3), Lambchops (snake), xYz (G&W), Fear-(olimar), Tommy G (Falco), Icekid (ROB), GDX (Diddy), Reflex (Wario)] all beat mks without problems using these characters so man up and stop crying, even if he's banned you're problem still gonna lose to like a zelda or another low tier character stop johning on the boards, spend that time learning the match, MK doesn't win in Florida the last tournament an MK won was FAST 1 in June or July where only one MK was in the top 5, but according to what you make it sound like, MK should have taken the top spots because there were more than 20 MK there, so it should have looked like this:

1st: M2k
2nd-20: MKs
21st and up Snake D3, other underpowered cast members

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
HELLLOOOOOOOOOOoooOOooOOooO. Metaknight is even with Yoshi correct? Yoshi does not win tournaments despite how EVEN this matchup is. Maybe you should learn to logic. i used a random example but no one can tell me why i dont see this matchup in winners finals. the point being here: Metaknight has no bad matchups. And two evenly skilled players Id bet 10 dollars that the mk would come out on top.But what do I know, I have 7 posts.
Yoshi could have 1-9 matchups against the rest of the cast... exaggeration, but he has worse matchups againt other characters other than MK... um...this isn't hard, buddy.
Not every player in any tourney will play MK, and therefore, Yoshi will have bad situations... wow... didn't think I would have to explain that one.

and again, I never said it's even. I'm no Yoshi PLayer... it's simply considered to be a decent match...and you pulled it as a "SHOULD NEVER WIN" example.

Top Bottom