• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

bop

Frames

DI
actually a TO in the panhandle is banning MK for a tournament

but yea i think it's a dumb idea overall if ur gonna ban characters u might as well play melee

Gerbil

Smash Champion
I had to reread the topic for a while...

I now realize he means "metaknight"....

this sounds dumb but.... I could've sworn for a minute he meant "mushroom kingdom" like MKII from Melee LOLOL

/dumb

POWER TO MELEE!!!!!!!!!!! O_O

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
This is all there is to it. Anyone who defends the idea of a MK ban should quit smash right here right now. We don't need your scrubby kind here. Scrubs being the vast majority hurts this community so much as is. We don't need more BS.
I like the implication that someone like me who thinks MK should be banned must be a scrub, when I know 1000 times more about smash than you.

But if you want to argue in the face of statistics saying that MK is placing better and is being used twice as much as the next best character, Snake, then please be my guest.

complexity1234

Smash Apprentice
I like the implication that someone like me who thinks MK should be banned must be a scrub, when I know 1000 times more about smash than you.

But if you want to argue in the face of statistics saying that MK is placing better and is being used twice as much as the next best character, Snake, then please be my guest.
It has alot to do with with a few TOP SMASH players players who happen to main MK winning alot of the tournaments. Boosting the rating, inflating them. Take m2k, dsf, etc out of the picture and watch how much lower his ratings would be..

dguy6789

Smash Lord

Nice try at an insult. You're just a washed up johner, like Overswarm. A character being good is no grounds for a ban. I stand by my statement. Talk to me when you have a halfway decent idea about Brawl. You don't even play it.

Angrylobster

Smash Lord

Didn't you quit brawl? I honestly don't see how it matters to you if thats true

I can't believe a ban of MK is seriously being considered

HolyChef

Smash Ace

Nice try at an insult. You're just a washed up johner, like Overswarm. A character being good is no grounds for a ban. I stand by my statement. Talk to me when you have a halfway decent idea about Brawl. You don't even play it.
both posts are potentially sig worthy lol

Leh

Smash Ace

by MK placing do you mean M2K placing?
In the SE, i dont lose to ANY MK's, the only one i lose to is M2K (who i went even with at FAST in tourney, i last the 2nd match to his d3).

Unless your gonna say we dont count, MK will not be banned down here.
Everyone else needs to MAN THE FVCK UP STUPID FVCKING SCRUBS

Leh

Smash Ace
no hes not. I completely destroy MKs
People need to stop being F UCKIN SCRUBS

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
to be honest, the only MK i've played was sonic ghosts.

i've not played anyone elses. hm, didn't notice.

edit:

maybe it's because florida is at the top of their game, and being diverse in tournaments?
I see D3s, Robs, Marths, Snakes, GnWs, and few MKs.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
If you want to be extremely far behind the metagame, then be my guest and ban the character, but in the end, you're only hurting yourselves, the people that take this ridiculous game SO SERIOUSLY.

Just again goes to show that people who think MK should be banned have a ridiculous god complex.

Also, the only MK's that are winning tournaments are MK's that are extremely good. By that point, it has little to do with the fact that it's MK, it's the fact that the player using the character is better than the other players he's facing in tournament. Azen plays a wide variety of less-than-top-tier characters, and wins tournaments with them, because he's just over all a better player.

Seriously, how do you kids get your tampons in in the morning?

Finch

Smash Lord
While I definitely think it is too early to ban a character from the game, I can see why some people would consider it. I was playing against Rx recently and found that when I got off the stage there was no kind of rock paper scissors system in place for returning to the stage. I just died every time. Maybe it's something I could learn to figure out if I played the game more, but right now a properly played MK does seem pretty broken. It's definitely too early to ban him, and especially in FL where no one wins with him, but I can see why it's being considered.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
there are plenty of characters that could be like that, it's just no one cares to try because they would rather put their time into practicing MK since he's overhyped. I really doubt the actual character is much better than the others.

notice how the vast majority of the top players realize banning mk would be ********? I just picked up MK cuz he was more fun than DDD and I could copy off of Forte, then I copied off of Azen, then I made up my own stuff, then DSF copied off of me (he stayed with me and chibo 8 hours the day before CH3 playing him a lot). I am still seeing the top melee players ranking high as they should.

Master Raven

Smash Master
I'm trying to get good with the matchup with DK.

I don't care if he's potentially 40/60 against MK. 40/60 is nothing to me. If it's 30/70 or higher then I'll probably consider switching to a better character to fight him with, but for now, I feel very comfortable using DK.

As far as MK's possible ban goes, I'm neutral. I used to be against it but I've read both sides of the argument and I think they both provide good points, but for now, I'm just going to keep using MK until the SBR decides to officially ban him and TOs follow up quickly.

mkGmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL (for
Finch cracks me up! Rx- is a far better (and more experienced) player than you. Of course he's gonna edgeguard you every time if you have no idea know what you're doing.

Besides that, what MKs even place well in FL nowadays? Rx- and Master Ghost? They don't win (or even place second) so... MK is clearly broken. Clearly... :rolleyes:

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
In florida, people should complain more about snakes because thats who almost always takes the win, however some characters just have no chance against mk, thats why its wise to have a secondary to deal with those impossible match-ups, now stop B1tching and learn the match

mkGmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL (for
Ginger just posts random things that are specifically feminine to describe any male-dominated QQfest. :colorful:

edit: Oh, I guess there's a lot in her posts about specific game theories and psychology, but I only remember the things like her telling everyone in FL that their vag1nas hurt.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Ginger just posts random things that are specifically feminine to describe any male-dominated QQfest. :colorful:

edit: Oh, I guess there's a lot in her posts about specific game theories and psychology, but I only remember the things like her telling everyone in FL that their vag1nas hurt
thats cause thats the funniest part

Equi

Smash Ace
In florida, people should complain more about snakes because thats who almost always takes the win, however some characters just have no chance against mk, thats why its wise to have a secondary to deal with those impossible match-ups, now stop B1tching and learn the match
Yeah. But Snake requires a certain degree of...

skill. To win with.

As does MK, the difference is at least for my character matchup against MK, it's hit and run and avoid tornados all day. Like hit MK once, and run away. Hit him again, and that's the matchup. Where as with Snake, I can at least punish him with some two hit combos, and it's generally just a more interesting, balanced matchup despite Snake's godliness. There's certainly a greater degree of being able to penetrate into Snake's game and punishing him.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
it's not about MK being dominant or hard to beat, but wow, wouldn't Brawl be a lot more fun without him? honestly

complexity1234

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. But Snake requires a certain degree of...

skill. To win with.

As does MK, the difference is at least for my character matchup against MK, it's hit and run and avoid tornados all day. Like hit MK once, and run away. Hit him again, and that's the matchup. Where as with Snake, I can at least punish him with some two hit combos, and it's generally just a more interesting, balanced matchup despite Snake's godliness. There's certainly a greater degree of being able to penetrate into Snake's game and punishing him.
That may be the case with Wolf, for his matchup. But that doesnt mean its like that for every character in the game against MK.

Just like fighting King dedede with snake is a ******** and unfair matchup. Every character has their bad or at least hard matchups in the game. Some characters just have more than others.

Snake mains hate dedede (and falco). Dedede mains hate MK. Wario mains ( plus the 5 characters who get infinitied) hate dedede. Diddy mains hate falco and Wolf. Everyone hates their counter, its a given Lol.

Also, the game has only been out for some months. Needs more time for metagames to move forward and more stuff to be figured out.

Top Bottom