• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BloodBowler Presents: AR2: August 11th!

Status
Not open for further replies.

juganthestar

Smash Journeyman
That was not nice in TNJ2 where i got 2 peaches in against my IceClimber - THAT was heavily unjustified, like putting 3 marths and zeppo in the same pool, even though ranking wise it could be even.

How about you also take Mains into consideration?

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Advanced Slob Picks is in place so everyone has the opportunity to A. Change Character to a character of their choice. B. Change stage to a stage of their choice. Nobody made you play Ice Climbers. If you don't like playing Peaches with Climbers, pick up Young Link.

Mains will not be taken into consideration.

J03

Smash Master
true true my good crew mate, im a fox main, but for matchups i phail with fox, i have sheiky baby to back me up, also i could use marth falcon or jiggs. picking up alts is as useful as WD'ing, its just more options, tbh playing fox no-one char is going to have a massive advantage on me, but say fox vs peach on mute, bring out the marth baby!

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I makes me laugh when people go marth when they're scared off a matchup rather than facing it like a man. Monty is right. Marth players have no soul

monty06

Smash Ace
**** u jay u beat me to that lol! oh yeah i remember saying that at mine after the tournament lol! and joe prtending to be ken lol gd nite

grayfox

Smash Champion
lol to be fair to joe the only character that is better on that list for that level is jiggs and if his marth is better i'd go marth too.

**** sweden >_>

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Update!!

International Travelling

For all those travelling internationally, it may be easier than you think. No buses, no taxi's, no long walks required.

Like I said before, your best bet is Manchester International Airport, whilst looking around Multimap for the closest train station, I saw this:

There's a little train symbol, right next to the little aeroplane symbol. This shows there's a train station right next to the airport!! You can get a train from MIA to Lancaster. From there my house is a short stroll from the station!

The train from Manchester Airport takes about 1 hour 20 minutes if you get a direct train. If you get a train that changes at Preston Station, it'll take about 1 hour 50 minutes.

The website has quoted between £15 and £20 for an open return ticket, leaving Manchester Airport on Friday 10th and returning to Manchester Airport on Sunday 12th. I will head down to the station tomorrow to confirm this. (If you decide to use this setup, MAKE SURE YOU GET AN OPEN RETURN! Standard returns will expire the day after they're bought)

If this particular setup doesn't work for you, contact me and I'll look into an alternative.

This is mostly for the newcomers to the scene:

Housing is provided but this doesn't mean a bed is provided, much to the contrary, housing means a roof over your head. If you are staying the night you will be responsible for bringing your own sleeping bag, pillow, anything you want to help you sleep. You will most likely be finding a not-so-cramped area of floor space, setting up camp, and snoozing there.

Food is also your responsibility. I can not cater for everyone. You can bring food with you, or buy it from here. The house is situated directly in between 2 Fish and Chip shops, with a store across the road and a Mini-Supermarket and Chinese Take Away about 10 minutes walk down the road.

I will be making sure on the day there are enough leaflets for take aways that deliver, Kebab Houses, Domino's, that sort of thing. Just know this: I will not provide bedding or food for anyone. This is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY!

That is all.

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
The Wii has been known to reduce lag on stages like FoD but not completely eliminate it. FoD will stay off the teams random although I thank you for taking the initiative and making the offer.

Feel free to bring as many setups as you can though.

golfball

Smash Apprentice
manchester, or 30 mins away.. lol bagels are made
im all over this

I reckon the only thing i dont like about this tourny is paying for it, im broke XD

So i figure ill win it and use the winnings to pay for it and some girls to fan me whilst i pay and feed me grapes. if i lose ill get dan to eat their faces so i dont have to pay them

none of the above is all that likely to happen, but its gonna be cool x

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
OMFG, I would have been there if it wasn't the last day I'm still on a vacation trip......

Hmmm, crap. Maybe I can try to arrange something.

spKz

Smash Ace
I will prolly be coming to this same goes for paul (v3x?) ill drag him ^__^

any londoners want to book same time and shiz let me know.

monty06

Smash Ace
hey bb im booked i will be arriving at about 6pm on friday, and will be bringing a wii and cube

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Looking hardcore peoples!! Keep up the attendance. Let's keep up the chatter whilst we're here too.

Also I figure I may as well release this now:

Any of you that were here last year may have remembered a large stone building across the road from me that was derelict, deserted and with all the windows boarded up. Well for the past half year there has been some major reconstruction and refurbishment work going into it and rumours abound the project is to be completed sometime in July (This month)

If this is the case, we'll also have a pub across the road from the housing.

spKz

Smash Ace
Having a pub across the road means everyone can john about being hungover,together!
So true, but thats up to them, if they want to waste money, by paying to play a tourney, knowing that are to wrecked to perform well ^__^ carebears tbh :p

ting!

Smash Cadet
this sounds awesomecore, i will defo be there if i can get the time off work, wont be bringing a big pink suitcase this time though lol
need to get some practice in before hand.

see you guys all soon
hugs x

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
The rules for the crew match are explained in the first post. If you still do not understand the rules I urge you to search Google Video for the East vs West and West vs Midwest crew matches from FC3. They show the format we will use in action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom