• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BloodBowler Presents: AR2: August 11th!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Okay dudes and dudettes, without further ado I present to you: The seeds!!

These seeds are based both on current rank and previous performances.

Top Seed:

Kone
JAM5
DSD9
OGRE
Capt. Zeppo
Mr P.
Reacher
GEEK28

High Seed:

Frostbyte
Ryan
Davemans
Lord Rust
SoS
Spam
BigMan
Darvor

Sub-Seeds:

(Since this is early days, some of the seeds mentioned may not make it to the tournament, if this is the case, these are the the replacement seeds as it were. These are in order of who would advance first to be seeded.)

1. C03Y
2. OwnA
3. Ac_Anon
4. BloodBowler
5. Ouch

Discuss.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
I helped Carlton with the seeding list,but there are a couple things I disagree with,those being:

-I would seed SOS over Coey.
-If Bigman goes,though unlikely,he should definitely be seeded.

What do you all think?

Kone

Smash Master
The idea that bigman isnt seeded at all is ridiculous, hes a top ten UK player. Scott is more questionable, but hes still better than coey/spam and owna imo.

big man and sos over coey and darvor. alex doesnt play anymore nor do we know that he'll come. give it to someone that does want to be involved with smash and will come.

id seed big man over alex,owna,spam and coey and sos over them all except alex if he came.

im surprised at you carlton :/

if this gets difficult, i think a uk panel shud be used to decide the seeds:

imo:

me,jam,z,euan and carlton as host?

5 of us make our lists, and from that the ones we agree on most make the seeds?

edit: Stevie WILL be making this tournament. He lives an hour away and unless the date conflicts with something else he will be there. when he gets back of hols ill get confirmation. Either way the idea that he was 'unlikely' in the first place is odd? stevies missed one of the last 5 tournies, due to a 2 week holiday in faliraki. Otherwise, he'd have been at tnj2.

he hasnt quit >_>

:/

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Kone: Didn't BigMan say that TNJ2 would be his last tourney? He said that he'd be carrying on playing smash in Liverpool but would be unable to make tournaments on weekends due to other obligations. This is pretty much why he was dropped to sub-seed. I'll agree with SoS and BigMan moving up the seed list, the question is who goes down?

I've spoken to Darvor on this one, he hasn't quit the scene as such, he's just taken a break. He has said he'll be turning up to this as soon as he can arrange his transport with some of the other londoners. of course if Darvor is seeded and doesn't turn up, his seed will be filled by the highest sub-seed.

EDIT: Okay, with BigMan and SoS turning up they've both been moved up to high seed. C03Y and OwnA have been dropped to sub-seed 1 and 2 respectively.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Ed:The panel idea sounds good to me,though looking at that seed list now I dont see much to debate?It looks pretty accurate to me since Bigman and SOS got bumped up.I think the only thing in question is OwnA,whos victory on Reacher remains impressive.

I also reckon we should wait til after Sweden.Should be getting some games in with pipemasters such as Kman who I hear is getting alot better.

If need be we can get some videos of Davemans,though videos dont say as much as people think.

Ed and Jam I hope you guys are teaming again =P definitely want to play you guys again.

Kone

Smash Master
Yeah we will be teaming. Phil is confirmed for sweden, rang me to say hes booked.

I agree with the seedings. Re: owna. Hes got alot of potential, though to be a pain id say yoshi letting you down man ;). I think if phil had gone sheik itd have been a different story.

ed x

grayfox

Smash Champion
J03:It doesnt really.Ryan hadn't been to a tourney since AR and he came to Edster getting a top seed.Granted that Ryan has proven himself in the past,that doesnt matter,since you all seem completely aware that he is good and should be seeded.

OwnA:He hasnt been to any tournies but yeah,hes a Fox player.
I got top of my pool without losing a game lol

I played Dave last week, i agree he is most certainly worthy of seeding. Seedings should be based on the ability of the player, not the tourneys they have attended.

I agree with current seedings, good stuff

Kone

Smash Master
It makes it easier if players attend tournament though ;)

(understandably this isnt always possible. Should be a mixture of tournament placings and common sense)

GEEK28

Smash Apprentice
The seeding will probly take abit of debate, i wasent happy with the seeding and pools at edster so it would be good to have that sorted for this one. but i dont think it should be desided with 5 players lists out of the whole communty =/

Kone

Smash Master
You cant decide it with the whole of the community, as to many people = too much difference and too much hassle. Certain people would have a higher needed opinion imo. No offence but yourselkf craig has hardly had the needed recent tournament experience to warrant who should be seeded?

The seeds look fine. I dont see a need in a panel. If everyone turns up then we should have a proper tourney for first time in quite a while. They shud sort out rankings omewhat and / or make it more obvious for next tournaments seedings.

Finally, there was nothing wrong with your seeding at edster. You were unfortunate to be pooled with charles. But at that point charles wasn't forseen as one of the better top seeds. It could've been jam or z. You surely didnt expect to turn up at your first tournament in a year and be seeded top? got to work for that right.

ed

Mr P

Smash Ace
To be fair there is no way ryan should have been seeded above craig, even though he hasnt been to tournies he has been playing quite a lot with myself and Z whereas ryan never did, Craigs has always been better. Ryan being seeded higher based on the fact he attended AR doesnt add up to a lot but it doesnt matter now anyway. Oh not to mention my bro beat charles in pools, the only person to beat him the whole tournie.

the past weekend he beat phil 3-0, dave 3-0 and me 3-2 he definately deserves his top seed this time.

Reacher

Smash Apprentice
Will should be seeded, how many of the high seeds have placed 5th at a recent tournament?

Also as much of a legend as Davemans is, I don't think he should be seeded when OwnA and Will aren't. Yeah he probably will upset someone in pools but it isn't really fair to give him a place over someone else with a proven record.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
I dont think Will warrants much getting 5th at TNJ2.He made one significant win against Ed,and this was also his first time out of pools.Players like Frostbyte,SOS,Mafia,werent at TNJ2.He also lost to Spam.
OwnA should have lost to J03 in pools.Though he somewhat has a decent record having went close with Stevie and beating Reacher.

I suppose maybe some more proof is needed that Davemans is a pipemaster.Pfest2 isnt far away imo.

Reacher

Smash Apprentice
I dont think Will warrants much getting 5th at TNJ2.He made one significant win against Ed,and this was also his first time out of pools.Players like Frostbyte,SOS,Mafia,werent at TNJ2.He also lost to Spam.
OwnA should have lost to J03 in pools.Though he somewhat has a decent record having went close with Stevie and beating Reacher.

I suppose maybe some more proof is needed that Davemans is a pipemaster.Pfest2 isnt far away imo.
Yeah I can see what you mean about a lot of players who could've beaten Will not being there, but he did still beat Ed. If a significant win means beating one of the top seeds then quite a few of the high seeds haven't managed it yet. I might be wrong here but I don't think Ryan, Lord Rust, SOS, Spam, or Stevie have beaten a top seeded player since before AR.

Also didn't OwnA actually beat Stevie?

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Yeah he did.Its currently 1-1 in their tourney record,they played a very close set at TNJ1.

Still,Im pretty sure David would beat Coey and OwnA.Though I realise that doesnt mean much and we'll get some fly prooferinos soonerinos I suppose.

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
I need some practice before this, I'll be going to "Pfest2" if it happens, But I'll probably travel a bit further for practice. And, going to the states sometime this year for some smash and un-related smash stuff, so practice there too, :p, Need to get a hell of a lot better before I go there though.

Anyone got a place I could go to and practice smash and perhaps stay the night if it's out of Scotland? :) - Really trying to man up before this.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
To be fair there is no way ryan should have been seeded above craig, even though he hasnt been to tournies he has been playing quite a lot with myself and Z whereas ryan never did, Craigs has always been better. Ryan being seeded higher based on the fact he attended AR doesnt add up to a lot but it doesnt matter now anyway. Oh not to mention my bro beat charles in pools, the only person to beat him the whole tournie.

the past weekend he beat phil 3-0, dave 3-0 and me 3-2 he definately deserves his top seed this time.
Not to mention where he placed and he beat my DK in pools

GEEK28

Smash Apprentice
'Not to mention where he placed and he beat my DK in pools'

and your puff son.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
i didnt know about top seed till after that tourney, when me and GEEK were playing in pools i said id play low tiers for fun cause were both through anyway, no johns about who he lost to ^_^. Anyway geek and davemans are **** good though. I believe they deserve seeding

Mr P

Smash Ace
i didnt know about top seed till after that tourney, when me and GEEK were playing in pools i said id play low tiers for fun cause were both through anyway, no johns about who he lost to ^_^. Anyway geek is **** good though
You used jiggs first game and won, then my brother beat you with falco... you felt threatened so you used DK as a john... 2 of the 3 matches you used jiggs then when you thought you might lose you switched to DK.

Kone

Smash Master
Craig : I responded to your response with an intelligent argument. There was no spite or bitterness nor personal attack towards yourself. If you want to continue being personal towards myself outside of the smash arena then im happy to do so. You've got alot less going for yourself sunshine, mark my words.

Euan : I wasnt arguing re: craig not being seeded at ar2. Ive no reason as to why he wouldn't. My argumant was against people expecting to be seeded without making tournaments :/

RE: Seeds : If will warrants a seed so does owna based on phils logic. Your defeat by owna was on the same scale as me philly boy, if not more so since you've placed higher than myself at recent tournaments. I will john though, and say that even though i played both will and owna at tnj2 I dont think there on the same level as the likes of stevie,sos,mafia,alex, that woudlve filled the 5-7th spots. Yes will beat me but no i dont think he wouldve beaten two top seeds. While stevie took both craig and euan down to last stock last game. Thats more proof to myself. (plus you didnt play him phil? your going of one placing.)

The seeds look fine to me. If this gets out of hand i suggest :

TOP SEEDS
----------
JAM
MRP
KONE
Z
GEEK
REACHER
DSD9
OGRE

*seperate one each per pool.

High tier
-----------

Darvor
Lord Rust
Big Man
Frostbyte

*one each per pool

Middle Tier
-----------

Ryan
Spam
Davemans
Sos

Low Tier
----------

Owna
Coey
Ouch
BB

*Randomly "couple" a middle tier and a low tier. Then randomly place them in the four remaining pools.

BB: you could do this tonight. Already having skeletons of the pools.

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Charles: If you're not going to take the game seriously, step aside for people who will. You go to a tournament to PLAY TO WIN! This is why we have entry fees, prize money and such complex procedures in place to make things fair. If you wanna play for fun: Go home, turn on all your items and stages and battle it out against some friends or lvl 9's. It's cheaper for you.

RE: Seeds:

Does anyone object to Kone's method here? If you do, why do you object to it? What is it about this method that unbalances it and makes it potentially unfair?

If we can't agree on the seeding list or on Kone's method I will go down the panel route.

ac_anon

Smash Ace
not that i want to argue about seeds, I didnt mind BBs seeding myself, lots of unknown factors but that cant be helped. But going by kones seeding im losing out a bit in my opinion. Iv never lost to any of the low tiers in a tournament situation (granted iv only played one) and iv given each of the middle tiers a run for their money with the excepton of spam who iv never played and iv never failed to get out of pools in a UK tourney.

just my 2 cents, im not too bothered really, il just have to get through pools the old fashioned way sons

DevMBC

Smash Ace
Allan's too good ^^

'Z you better win this'
OBJECTION! If Z wins then I can't.. obv

I'd like to see you stop faffing about with low tiers if only so that you get a better jiggs, charles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom